Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Känner att folk tenderar att trampa över Hattiter och deras rätt att bli ihågkomna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Känner att folk inte riktigt förstår att kalkonen inte bryr sig om vad de säger eller gör. Diktatorns kalkon har hittat en sten att pressa saft ur, och na kommer trycka på stenarna tills det inte kommer ut nån mer saft. Problemet för oss är att det inte är nån skandinavisk saft kalkonen är ute efter förståss, det enda som duger för dem är amerikansk patented Freedom Juice.
Han vill ha eftergifter från USA. Han är färdig när han tror att det inte kommer mer efter, inte före.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
erdoganska dum i huvet (jag har vunnit pris för min komedi btw)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Eftersom Kalkonien torpederar NATO vad har vi för backup plan? Är det dags för återställandet av gränserna före 1809?

Stormakten Sverige vaknar upp igen efter 200 år och sänder hakkapeliterna mot Ryssland med krigarknugen i spetsen.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Naä, backupplanen var väll en konfederation av su/fi-sv-no-de men Danmark och Norge idag är väll inte så haffa, kanske, på att vara smarta med andra. Hellre dum i frihet :downsa:

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

I'm sorry but if Erdogan ends up preventing Sweden & Finland from joining NATO I gotta hand it to him. He would deserve to get a Nobel peace price for turning back the Doomsday clock a second or two and stopping the insane proposed military build up that would just lead to further escalation. I'll take a bad guy with a veto that stops useful idiots from joining a suicidal dying empire when good guys are in very short supply.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Sir this is a Sibylla.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

endocriminologist posted:

erdoganska dum i huvet (jag har vunnit pris för min komedi btw)

Karamellodiktstipendiet kommer på posten!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Just because you are a clueless NATO hater and Putin lover doesn't mean that you have to hand it to all genocidal dicktators

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

once you get railroaded into nato nothing says you have to listen to a loving thing erdogan says tbh. of course that's not the way the spineless dweebs in charge will let it go, but it's a possibility.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Åt lunch på Teatergrillen med farsan och Magnus Uggla satte sig vid bordet intill, AMA.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

Åt lunch på Teatergrillen med farsan och Magnus Uggla satte sig vid bordet intill, AMA.

Har han förstått att det bästa han gjorde va på 70-talet än? Ska han göra fler sånger som 'Hallå'?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

TIL Fogh was advisor to Poroshenko. Explains a lot.

Nenonen posted:

Just because you are a clueless NATO hater and Putin lover doesn't mean that you have to hand it to all genocidal dicktators

Once the party kicks off you'll be Gladio nuclear umbrella was pilfered by the perfidious Turk.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Nenonen posted:

I'm just saying that if we genocide all the peoples, there will be no more war.

Also I'm pretty sure no one likes either Putin or NATO. The only question is whether being a member of NATO is better than not being a member of NATO, which also sucks on account of making the country vulnerable.

Deciding whether to be a NATO member is a choice between hákarl and surstrømming more or less. Whichever you choose stinks, but you have to pick one because geopolitics.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Erdogan is just about to launch a major anti-kurdish offensive. This is just saber rattling to shift the discussion from him killing and maiming a lot of Kurds in Turkey and northern Syria. I got to assume that he's pissing quite a lot of NATO countries off something fierce right now, cock-blocking their wet dream of surrounding Russia with NATO countries while simultaneously loving up one of the few armed groups in the Middle East that has any good-will towards the US these days.

Magnus Uggla-chat: you got to hand it to him that he crafted a 5 decades spanning career out of making pop punk back in the late 70's despite having one of the worse voices in Sweden. That takes some kind of talent.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 9, 2022

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I respect Magnus Uggla. He made some legit good music, sold out to make catchy dross for the masses and never apologised or looked back.

Also if you drop by his youtube videos you get some absolute top grade slices of life

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Har han förstått att det bästa han gjorde va på 70-talet än? Ska han göra fler sånger som 'Hallå'?

Magnus Uggla has made the best of all phases of his life, and we should aspire to do the same.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Groda posted:

Magnus Uggla has made the best of all phases of his life, and we should aspire to do the same.

Make no mistake, I respect the man and his achievements and got most of his albums in my younger days. Just wish he made some more of the best of the early music

E.

lilljonas posted:

Erdogan is just about to launch a major anti-kurdish offensive. This is just saber rattling to shift the discussion from him killing and maiming a lot of Kurds in Turkey and northern Syria. I got to assume that he's pissing quite a lot of NATO countries off something fierce right now, cock-blocking their wet dream of surrounding Russia with NATO countries while simultaneously loving up one of the few armed groups in the Middle East that has any good-will towards the US these days.

Getting the US' blessing and non-interference is one of the concessions he's seeking

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
Remember reading somewhere about a designer tasked with designing cover art for Uggla who bumped into him randomly and, just to get a feel for what to design, asked him what the record would be like:

”Samma gamla skit.”

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Konec Hry posted:

Remember reading somewhere about a designer tasked with designing cover art for Uggla who bumped into him randomly and, just to get a feel for what to design, asked him what the record would be like:

”Samma gamla skit.”

Respekt

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

fnox
May 19, 2013

Has he never drank from a bottle in his life or what?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

fnox posted:

He's a M politician from Stockholm, he has never done anything that normal humans do ever.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

fnox posted:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

How to spot a conservative politician vs. how to spot a cartoon

A politician radiates power like this

But a cartoon character radiates power like that

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Ah, the pants making GBS threads power stance.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Nenonen posted:

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

It's a cost that would largely be similar even without NATO, it's currently 1.4% but will likely be ramped up by the new government next year, irregardless of NATO membership status. If one argue that a larger share might be spent on domestic weapon systems instead many of the expensive things we lack are not really produced locally anyway.

fnox
May 19, 2013

It was 4% at the peak of the Cold War when we were neutral. I didn’t think any of it was a serious statement anyway, Sweden exports weapons. NATO buys our poo poo.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
We’re buying F35s?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

We will drive the savage canuck from the fertile lands of Hans Island eventually, but for now the quisling government has compromised with them.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

If anything being a NATO member will probably make it easier to sell our weapon systems to other NATO members.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Konec Hry posted:

We’re buying F35s?

No, why would we when we make the Gripen E? We also aren't buying Javelins, we have the NLAW. It's just a troll post.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

In an emergency: Stop, drop and troll.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

His Divine Shadow posted:

In an emergency: Stop, drop and troll.

Kallikaa
Jun 13, 2001

fnox posted:

We also aren't buying Javelins.

When it comes to anti-tank missiles we're sucking up to Macron.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Kallikaa posted:

French king, French emperor.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

French king, French emperor.

Render therefore unto Macron the things which are Macron's; and unto Erdogan the things that are Erdogan's

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

Kallikaa posted:

Or Sweden again has a domestic system that works.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RBS_56B_BILL_2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kallikaa
Jun 13, 2001

vuk83 posted:

Or Sweden again has a domestic system that works.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RBS_56B_BILL_2

Sure Sweden dug those out of the barns again. I'm hoping for a better for a better memegraphic with Marcon forcing MMP (resently renamed to Akeron MP) instead of Javelins as RBS 58 on Sweden in a l'Europe c'est moi kinda way.