Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

it's the difference between "being a republican" and "hugging and kissing republicans pols all the time no matter what"

generally speaking you're going to have an easier time getting the typical republican voter to go along with the idea of murdering everyone in DC even if it means same of their faves catch a bullet, compared to democratic voters who basically worship all the centrist shitheel democratic pols and basically only take issue with the "far left" of the party and then like maybe a handful of "bad" republicans who haven't come to their senses yet or whatever. so basically democratic voters, at best, want to put the squad in guantanamo and then humiliate mcconnell and lindsey graham with a still-a-blowout-but-narrower-then-expected-blowout-after-spending-50-million-dollars-on-a-troop-democrat in their next election to the senate

but you're right I haven't spent a lot of time in the south maybe they hug and kiss all republicans without reservation there

yeah sure that's true

As someone who's spending all of my time in the south let me assure you you're 100% right. Republicans here literally get together to plan how to oust Republicans who aren't Republican enough. You are correct that if you proposed just nuking the seats of government and starting over that they would have no problem with the plan. There are a few they like, but they're easily replaced and worth the loss to be rid of the rest.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Imagining getting dunked on by ted rall

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/...ingawful.com%2F

I'm not doin nothin', jack

https://twitter.com/BrianDeeseNEC/s...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I'm feelin fiscally fuckin responsible right about now

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

the economy!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/chargrille/status/1534847795823202304

Its that time
Nov 8, 2011
Subtitle of this thread: ''Biden Shrugged''.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Drake no: protecting kids in elementary school from being shot

Drake yes: protecting illegitimate institutions from the consequences of their decisions

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

well we don't wanna protect the leakers

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

ex post facho posted:

Drake yes: protecting illegitimate institutions from the consequences of their decisions

https://twitter.com/robbatch7020545/status/1534893143136649218

lmao no you won't

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

Its that time posted:

Subtitle of this thread: ''Biden Shrugged''.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

The Jan. 6 Committee Has Already Blown It

What is the Jan. 6 committee for? Committee members and Democratic operatives have been telling reporters what they hope to achieve with the hearings that begin Thursday evening. My Times colleagues Annie Karni and Luke Broadwater wrote an article with the headline, “Jan. 6 Hearings Give Democrats a Chance to Recast Midterm Message.” Democrats, they reported, are hoping to use the hearings to show midterm voters how thoroughly Republicans are to blame for what happened that day.

Other reports have suggested other goals. The committee members are trying to show how much Donald Trump was involved with efforts to overturn the election, so he is forever discredited. They are expected to use witnesses like the former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson to show exactly what went on inside the administration that day and in the lead-up to it. One lawmaker told The Washington Post that voters have shifted their attention to issues like inflation and the pandemic, so it is key to tell a gripping story that “actually breaks through.”

No offense, but these goals are pathetic.

Using the events of Jan. 6 as campaign fodder is small-minded and likely to be ineffective. If you think you can find the magic moment that will finally discredit Donald Trump in the eyes of the electorate, you haven’t been paying attention over the last six years. Sorry, boomers, but this is not the Watergate scandal in which we need an investigation to find out who said what to whom in the Oval Office. The horrors of Jan. 6 were out in public. The shocking truth of it was what we all saw that day and what we’ve learned about the raw violence since.

We don’t need a committee to simply regurgitate what happened on Jan. 6, 2021. We need a committee that will preserve democracy on Jan. 6, 2025, and Jan. 6, 2029. We need a committee to locate the weaknesses in our democratic system and society and find ways to address them.

Hmm bracing and salient points David Brooks

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

ex post facho posted:

gently caress all of these people. November can't come fast enough.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
The really sad part is that the guy didn't at least get Kavanaugh. That would at least have been a decent trade.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

It wouldn't have changed anything. Biden absolutely would have put another conservative on the bench in the name of :decorum:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
in the interest of fairness and keeping the composition of the court as it was, we needed to find a rapist with an incredibly low approval rating, and thus will i be nominating myself, Joe Biden, for the supreme court

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

papersack posted:

It wouldn't have changed anything. Biden absolutely would have put another conservative on the bench in the name of :decorum:

I mean there are zero, and I mean zero, circumstances where Manchin or Sinema approve confirmation of a judge one smidge to the left of Kavanaugh if the seat vacated because he was assassinated, and obviously none of the Republicans would

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

The really sad part is that the guy didn't at least get Kavanaugh.

That was never part of the agreement

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

xposting from the succ zone

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I’m gonna end up voting green (again) in ‘24

but I’d vote blue no matter who if they legalize pot, eliminate student debt, transition us to m4a and stop giving Ukraine and Israel anything

I’ll vote trump if he buys me a gun or something just give me some material good. Hell gimme a gas card

If Dems in this state gently caress with greens getting on the ballot I’m gonna write in Susan Sarandon

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ville Valo posted:

but I’d vote blue no matter who if they legalize pot, eliminate student debt, transition us to m4a and stop giving Ukraine and Israel anything

I’ll vote trump if he buys me a gun or something just give me some material good. Hell gimme a gas card

If Dems in this state gently caress with greens getting on the ballot
I’m gonna write in Susan Sarandon

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Ville Valo posted:

If Dems in this state gently caress with greens getting on the ballot I’m gonna write in Susan Sarandon

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Ville Valo posted:

If Dems in this state gently caress with greens getting on the ballot
I’m gonna write in Susan Sarandon

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

AMA

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ville Valo posted:

if they only legalized weed nationally right now they'd win in a huge blowout in november

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Shear Modulus posted:

if they only legalized weed nationally right now they'd win in a huge blowout in november

for sure

i'd still vote green, but they'd win big

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Shear Modulus posted:

https://twitter.com/BarrishCris/status/1534322507695669250?s=20&t=f8-83MOkygYr4U2n-4xSSQ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If they did just the weed thing or just the student debt thing it'd be hard to imagine an election year where they lost the youth vote, but the only thing unlikelier at this point is them ever not giving Israel beaucoup bucks to genocide Palestine

In conclusion they are Sideshow Bob stepping on the rakes forever, and the laughter is the only reaction they deserve as it hits each time

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

sleepy joe
the numbers don't lie
and they say the democrats are going to get destroyed
at america midterms 2022

scott steiner doing the math to make joe biden's $2000 come out to $1400

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Chris James 2 posted:

If they did just the weed thing or just the student debt thing it'd be hard to imagine an election year where they lost the youth vote, but the only thing unlikelier at this point is them ever not giving Israel beaucoup bucks to genocide Palestine

In conclusion they are Sideshow Bob stepping on the rakes forever, and the laughter is the only reaction they deserve as it hits each time

The dems are doing fine, actually, by the standards they've clearly established for themselves. It's the rest of us that are out here eating rake.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

it's such an easy lay up. it's like refusing to give yourself a triple word score tile because you thought "weiner" would be too impolite to play.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

it'd be a

[sunglasses]

smokeshow

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Shear Modulus posted:

Yeah it would drive huge turnout but there is no way it's going to happen because Biden is an 80s drug warrior to his core. As a result, the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!

Shear Modulus posted:

Dems don't want to win they want to fundraise

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

the democrats are 100% against legalizing weed because the prison industrial complex is an important donor for them

the loan industry is another important donor

sorry, but they have to think about more strategic things than your pet policies and you have to understand that without donor money they can't afford this season's yachts and showing up in the tropics with an out of season yacht will get them snickered at by the yachterati which is a fate clearly worse than death

maybe next election

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Even if it didn't actually help them win the election (because with the economy so hosed up its likely they're gonna get shitstomped for anything short of full repudiation of loans AND sending out more checks) its the correct thing to do, but they won't, because the fact that it might not win them the election is enough for them to hang on to it and fool dipshit morons in the election after that by dangling it.

God forbid if they did it and still lost, why, they'd have to come up with whole new things they were totally gonna fix next time swearsies!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
too many of our children are dying from marijuana overdoses as it is

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Animal-Mother posted:

scott steiner doing the math to make joe biden's $2000 come out to $1400

Big Poppa Trump posted:

You know I have to say a lot of people have been telling me that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Sleepy Joe and you can see that statement is fake news. See, normally if you go one on one with another politician, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But a lot of people come up to me and say I'm a genetic freak. They say, 'Sir! You're not normal!", and I'm hearing it more and more. So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add Kamala Harris to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down.

Ogantai has issued a correction as of 22:22 on Jun 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Complications posted:

maybe next election
whoa hold on let's manage expectations here

democrats are at least three blowout elections and 20 years worth of unassailable trifectas away from doing anything