Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

this pit is full of stat boosters

Chillgamesh posted:

How is "manakete" supposed to be pronounced, anyway

In my head it's always rhymed with parakeet

There's an NPC in Shadow Dragon who says he had heard of Manaketes and assumed they look more like parakeets, which I assume is meant to indicate that they're both pronounced the same? Before that I would say "mana-ketty", but I tend to pronounce words I've read but not heard really weirdly anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
mamkute

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
What is the distinction between inhuman and unhuman?

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Bogart posted:

What is the distinction between inhuman and unhuman?

I guess unhuman would imply that they were human at one point?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I really love the new art Project Ember has for Cath. Much, much more fitting to her character.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

doo doooooooooo de doo doo

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Oddly, as pointless a time-waster as it in on the enemy side with hit that godawful, this is probably the game where Eclipse is at its best and most useful in player hands. Admittedly only because they gave almost all the breakable walls in this 100 hp for some reason and those can't dodge the resulting 99 damage shot, but hey, having a weird, narrow, but occasionally practical niche is still more than its incarnations in 7 and 8 can say.

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018
On the other hand, iirc Eclipse gives like 8 WEXP in 7 and 8 but one here, so it's at least good for getting to S-Rank ASAP.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I'm not a fan of Niime because of how glass she is honestly, I prefer Ray even if I have to put in some effort just because he has more bulk.

That doesn't mean he's actually good, mind you. Using regular tomes he's strictly worse than any of the mages. Flux being his most accurate tome means that he has the same problems as everyone else in terms of hitting things, rather than the anima mage thing of basically never missing when you need them to. And he's not tanky enough to make Nosferatu use worth it. It's not his fault though, stat wise he's largely on-par with the anima mages, it's just that Fire and Aircalibur are very harsh things to lose.

Due to me losing Saul on his very first map due to a reinforcement, I actually had my healers getting overleveled due to how much healing there is to do. So Clarine promoted here at 20. And holy god, this was the first time I seen her apotheosis. Between the support bonuses of her triangle, her silly amounts of Spd/Luck, and her feeble damage, I could throw her to just tank crowds and soften them all. The only problems was the occasional crit-steal due to the support bonuses, but it was still very effective.

I actually only brought one thief on this map. I put a door key on the right side, let enemy Cath loot two chests, then blocked the last chest so she'd run left to Roy.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

I still can't believe that's what they turned Lleu into. It's goddamn Welsh (as is Lugh).

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

midnight lasagna posted:

There's an NPC in Shadow Dragon who says he had heard of Manaketes and assumed they look more like parakeets, which I assume is meant to indicate that they're both pronounced the same? Before that I would say "mana-ketty", but I tend to pronounce words I've read but not heard really weirdly anyway.

Oooo, finally a kindred soul who was very surprised by the common pronunciation of allegory

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

midnight lasagna posted:

You can hear Chrom say "mana-kee-tay" (more or less) in, of all places, Dragalia Lost; it's in one of his dragonpact transformation lines.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Given all the other Welsh/European names, I wonder whether the accurate translation of "Raigh" isn't actually Lleu; who was, as you'll read, the Welsh equivalent of Lugh.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Given all the other Welsh/European names, I wonder whether the accurate translation of "Raigh" isn't actually Lleu; who was, as you'll read, the Welsh equivalent of Lugh.

Which translation is Loog, though?

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

quote:

Time to invade Alucard's castle!
But Roy can't even use a whip!

quote:

That's what I get for stealing other people's screenshots instead of taking my own!

Yes. Shaman you. :razz:

quote:

I've seen Eliwood's special sprite for using this weapon, it looks more like a blunt instrument for bashing things down than it does an actual sword.

Yeah it's much too big to be called a sword. It's more like a heap of raw iron...

Lalum's not dead yet!! :woop:

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I don't think I've earnestly used a GBA Warrior outside of randomized runs maybe... ever? Is this Lot blessed in any way, or is he actually a decent character?

The lack of guiding rings in this game is a crime. Let me use Hugh and Ray without feeling like I'm wasting my resources!

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Compared to his 20/3 averages, the LP Lot is HP +0.8, Str +2.3, Skl -0.7, Spd +1.35, Luck -0.7, Def +1.4, Res +1.15

So solidly blessed more or less across the board.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

vilkacis posted:

But Roy can't even use a whip!

Who said Roy is the Belmont here? The true protagonist is Thea Belmont, who can in fact use an (Elysian) Whip.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Blue Labrador posted:

I don't think I've earnestly used a GBA Warrior outside of randomized runs maybe... ever? Is this Lot blessed in any way, or is he actually a decent character?

The lack of guiding rings in this game is a crime. Let me use Hugh and Ray without feeling like I'm wasting my resources!

Although he's up on every stat roughly by 1 point, I'd go out of my way to say Lot's decent regardless. He does his required job well, and there's many lesser candidates to bear Armads into battle.

Then again, I've not done that many runs of this game and I have a bias towards liking axe users regardless :shobon:

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Blue Labrador posted:

Garcia's beard can solo the entire game

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GBA Warriors are good actually. It's only the Tellius games where Boyd is just ok and the 3DS games made them pretty lovely.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Walla posted:

GBA Warriors are good actually. It's only the Tellius games where Boyd is just ok and the 3DS games made them pretty lovely.

Boyd is an early game monster and usually my first promotion though?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Every single time I've played PoR my Boyd has been an incredible disappointment.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Yeah, Boyd is kinda bad if he’s not hitting his strength growth consistently. Astrid imo tends to be my best axe user because Paragon is unrivaled

So far I’m impressed there hasn’t been as much carnage, your A team is pretty good!

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

theshim posted:

Every single time I've played PoR my Boyd has been an incredible disappointment.

You've been unlucky, then. Boyd is one of the best foot units in the game. He's better than Ike.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Walla posted:

Nolan is great. Absolutely capable of carrying the Dawn Bridage on Hard/Maniac. And with Tavros, vantage, and beastfoe, he can solo half of 3-6 and gain a million levels.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The Dawn Brigade doesn't really count. Nolan is basically a GBA Mercenary with an axe, but yes he and Boyd are reasonably competent. I think the biggest reason fighters are viewed as "bad" is because it often takes them longer to double in games that have weight. And then the 3DS games just give them a low enough speed base and growth to simulate the heavier weapons of the earlier games. That's my impression anyway.

I like fighters. Even Vaike and Arthur.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

The Tellius games don't seem to have that many outright bad characters in general. There's Meg in Radiant Dawn off the top of my head; other than that, it seems like most of the "bad" characters are just potentially good ones who are difficult to train due to when they join.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

I'd actually argue the opposite. They tend to be jeigan light where they're pretty powerful early on, but their growths cause them to fall off later compared to other units. Look at Dorcas and Garcia who have great bases, but can struggle getting doubles in the late game.

On average fighters have great strength, axe damage, and high hp which combined gives them really good offense and bulk early on, but in the late game their general lack of defense heavily undermines that hp.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Walla posted:

And then the 3DS games just give them a low enough speed base and growth to simulate the heavier weapons of the earlier games. That's my impression anyway.

I like fighters. Even Vaike and Arthur.

In my last ironman, I tried to make an effort to use Vaike for once, as while I like axe users, he usually gets the bench fast. Usually I take Miriel and don't look back, but she was getting extremely lackluster levels off the front.

He was never really a good frontline unit, but he was around to take a hit for someone when I needed it and helped clean up at times. His SPD remained barely usable until the end, but stuck around pretty late not even as a stat backpack in the niche of "won't double and get himself killed" in an army of the usual speedy and frail characters. Some fighters aren't obliterating walls like Lot, sometimes they're just decent walls with chunky damage.

He was on pair-up duty pretty often later on though- early Valm, pretty much. My Robin handled most tanking necessary as an archer who capped DEF extremely fast for most of the game anyways, Vaike mostly took hits for our flimsy backliners.

Final axe-user rating: did some good work, gets tenure

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

taichara posted:

You can hear Chrom say "mana-kee-tay" (more or less) in, of all places, Dragalia Lost; it's in one of his dragonpact transformation lines.
Weird. I wonder if Heroes has anybody say the word Manakete? I think it's been inconsistent with pronounciations in the past but considering how many voicelines it has now someone must have said it.

Blue Labrador posted:

Like Shiny777 said he's mostly above his averages, but Lot's pretty alright given the chance. I think any unit would eventually become great given the level of favouritism I've given him, but the combination of being decently fast and having a good defense growth lets him snowball pretty hard if trained.

RE: Fighterchat, I used to think Vaike was pretty mediocre until recently, it turns out the secret is that you want him to promote into Hero as soon as possible - it gives him 6 skill and 5 speed immediately which goes a long way towards fixing his most pressing issues, and Sol is one of the most powerful skills in Awakening. Snowballing is the name of the game and so long as Vaike has a support partner who can push him over the consistent doubling threshold he'll be able to juggernaut by recovering most of the damage he takes between fights.

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

Time to grab the Thunder Axe! Not to be confused with the Bolt Axe. The thunder part is just a name, it does not actually shoot lightning or anything. Although it would explain Hector's ability to counterattack at a distance in Heroes...

Unlike Durandal's supervillain lair full of lava, Armads's cave does not have any natural lighting and therefore gets to be a fog of war chapter, but online guides spoil where all the enemies are anyway. I'm not painstakingly counting tiles to see when and where all the enemies are going to show up as I play, but I do look at these guides a little when playing in fog of war to make sure Roy's not going to get killed out of nowhere.

Besides fog, this chapter's gimmick is that there's a bunch of treasure chests and poison gas shooting out from certain holes in the walls. Much like the lava traps from 8x they go off at random, so standing in a danger zone doesn't necessarily mean you'll get hit. The treasure chests are mostly garbage that will get stolen immediately, but there are a few out of the way treasures that are worth taking! Strangely enough they're also the ones that seem to be in the least danger.

Armads is Hector's signature weapon in FE7, so it's only fitting that the chapter associated with it has terrible Hector Hard Mode levels of limited deployment slots. I want to bring at least one Thief plus some of my weaker units who need training, but I don't want to bring anybody too fragile or valuable - Larum and Lilina get to stay home. Lilina's probably going to hit level 20 before my next Guiding Ring anyway, she doesn't need the extra training.

Elen can't take all the staves I want and carry a Lightning tome at the same time, so I'm just going to have to go without Barrier. There's only like 3 mages in this map anyway so it doesn't exactly matter, but limited inventory slots make me wonder if it's even worth it to have her use tomes at all...

Moving Astolfo around the map on the deployment screen shows off the presence of some enemy Thieves. They'll grab most of the chests before you can reach them, so you'll want to bring your own Thieves to steal back from them rather than putting Chest Keys on your units. Not that all the treasures are particularly worth taking. If I were more worried about getting everything I'd deploy Cath and maybe even Chad too, but I mostly just want the gems.

And there's the obligatory Halberd in the dark. Realistically, why would you bring a horse into a dark cave? It wouldn't be able to see anything and it would probably get really spooked and slip on the ground and stuff.

The plan is for Astolfo to run to the right to grab the most valuable treasures before they're taken, with Lance and Lot backing him up and clearing out the path ahead of him. Meanwhile Roy will take a much bigger group of my less good units to slowly move around the top left of the map to harvest EXP without risk of overextending.

Up here in the top right is a White Gem that if nothing else I do definitely want to obtain... It's 10,000G of money to spend in what will be the last chance to shop before the infamous Arcadia desert chapter. There's also a Red Gem worth 2,500G all the way to the right, but that's not as important.

All the tiles I've circled are gas vents that have a chance of poisoning anyone between them and the opposite wall if they end their turn there. This feels almost like too much effort for this LP, but these things are sometimes hard to see! Poison is a minor slap on the wrist that only deals about 1-4 damage each turn for a few turns, all it really accomplishes is annoying you if you're one of those people who gets annoyed when their allies are at almost full HP but not quite. I guess they're good for getting EXP for your healers!

Leading the enemy bandits is that one guy from The Simpsons who says "yeeeeeeeeeeees?" Every other game in the series has at least one bandit boss who looks exactly like this guy, when are we going to get a playable version? I suppose Fates lets you capture a couple of them, but that's not the same...

You're never truly alone so long as you have a bad smell to keep you company! There's no missing dialogue between these two screenshots, which makes it sound as if Elffin's implying that these noxious fumes make a crowd. Or more likely that they indicate somebody else might be present in the cave, but it sure is a weird way of saying it. Perhaps he's on the lookout for Wario hiding in the walls.

First things first, this guy has gotta go. Normally a map like this is where Rutger or Fir would run rampant, but alas they are both dead!

Astolfo lags a little behind to ensure he's never in any danger. Most of the enemy types in this cave are pretty inaccurate, but relying on dodge tanking isn't wise in a place with no defensive terrain at all.

This Torch staff really is not helpful at all, at this point I'm just using it for the 5 EXP per turn... I don't see any reason to replace it after it breaks, I'd get much more use giving regular Torches to one of my Thieves.

I'm not too worried about having Roy near the front lines, but he does miss the avoid from his Lilina support a little. I'm sure there's at least one killer weapon jerk lurking around here though so he can't be too far forward.

I already knew axes in this game were not at all accurate, but it's been kind of surprising how much the ability to use bows has made Lot better. As soon as I reach the next armoury I'm probably going to remove every axe besides the Killer Axe from his inventory and fill it with various flavours of bow, because these Hand Axes are doing absolutely nothing for him and even the standard Iron Axe isn't very reliable.

Oh no! I don't care. These things are only really good for selling, even if you do get poisoned you're probably better off using a Vulnerary or grinding out staff EXP with a healer. Like half of the chests in this chapter contain these, they're not worth chasing.

Some Thieves will steal from chests you cannot see, but by doing a brief look around the map you can tell where they are by the opened chest sprites on the map. The Elixirs are much better at helping against poison than the Antitoxins themselves, so they're much more valuable.

I'm not even sure if these Thieves are worth attacking if I can't kill them in one hit, as long as they're not stealing anything I'll miss I can probably just leave them alone. It would probably be a better use of my time to have Lot move towards the throne and clear out enemies...

...but missing out on even the smallest chance to see the GBA Warrior crit animation would be a crime.

I had Astolfo steal this before the Thief could before I did that though. I wasn't expecting it to actually work!

Roy's getting some good risk free training from stabbing Archers and Brigands on the left side. Even without his Dracoshield he would now be as bulky as he is strong, which says more about his awful strength than it does his good defense.

I'm doing my best to train up Raigh too, but I might have underestimated how bad his hitrates are... I think I saw his 60% skill growth and not his mediocre skill base.

Ogier is leading my expedition into the fog. Not because he's my strongest warrior, but because he's the guy I care the least about. Sorry Ogier! I guess in terms of investment Raigh is even less valuable but he would probably die very quickly.

There's just about enough obstacles in this cave to set up a tiny little chokepoint in places. I did complain about deployment slots in this map earlier, but it could be worse - the FE7 version of this map gives you 2 slots in Hector Hard Mode. If I had wanted all the treasure, that would leave me with Roy and Astolfo... Or more realistically, Roy and Lance with a Chest Key.

Seems like this Archer got poisoned off screen. If only he had a friend to steal a cure for his illness!

Thinking about it, have I seen any generic enemy Myrmidons outside of gaiden chapters in this game so far? They're actually quite scary in terms of stats so I'm not complaining. If they weren't all equipped with Steel Swords they'd be capable of doubling Roy...

They can't crit Roy but they might be able to crit my other units, I don't like having them around. Me rather stupidly sending Elen ahead to scout with her Torch staff has left her out in the open, so she needs people to cover her...

I'm not sure exactly when I'm going to promote Sin. None of his past few levels have been very good, I might just be delaying his short term usefulness with no long term gain. I just want the chance to see capped stats!!

Elen might be fragile but she's also very strong. Good thing those Myrms have heavy weapons or else she might have been doubled and killed! I like how she's holding her staff her, it looks like she's focusing her light through a crystal to create a laser beam.

Myrms are also just annoying to hit even if they can't hurt my super units. I guess this guy didn't have anything important in the part of his brain that Lance has just removed? The left and the right side of the brain distinct halves, maybe he's slotted his sword neatly down the slight gap in the middle...

Being poisoned makes you glow bright purple which is pretty cool. Watch out Astolfo, that's a Vallite soldier! Be careful you don't say Valla or else you'll

I could have Elen hide in a corner or I could just move her up and have her cure her own wounds. She can take one hit, that's tanky enough!

Raigh's 2 for 2 on Flux hits so far. Arcadia's going to be where my magic users will be most helpful, if he can survive through that then I'll consider him a full member of the team.

May as well have Astolfo heal himself up with the Elixir he stole. I do want to conserve these somewhat, but if my Thief lives he can steal more to replace the ones he used!

I guess I kind of want this for Arcadia. Torches add to a unit's sight radius, so if a Thief uses one they can see half of the map. Obviously holding a flaming torch will help you see very well in a desert sandstorm!

Ogier annoys a Thief and gets a level for his time. Speed is good, he needs that. He doesn't offer too much that Echidna doesn't already which is making me question my decision to train him, but his high luck stat is somewhat uncommon among my team...

Unfortunately if a Thief doesn't already drop something upon death then killing them won't give you what they stole, so the Torch is now lost forever along with some other stuff probably. It doesn't really matter.

Lance has been getting so much speed up to this point, why's he suddenly shy about hitting his cap? It's just one point away...

There's so many enemies now that even Astolfo has to get in on the action. I said Thief stats don't matter and that's still kinda true, but Astolfo's just about combat worthy enough that this is still nice to see.

Skill! Speed! You do very much need both of those things. Dark magic is the heaviest magic type in this game, why did they give everybody who uses it such puny CON?

Uh oh, is that Eclipse? Is that a non-zero hit rate on Eclipse? I guess this would effectively be a kill on anybody who's poisoned...

I guess I have one of these now. I'll probably sell it! Preferably at an extortionate price to someone who's already poisoned.

More loot lost at the hands of senseless violence. Videogame characters can't pick up objects that are not levitating above the ground while spinning around slowly and sometimes glowing, which is why items that aren't flashing green in an enemy's inventory can't be looted from corpses.

I know the Druid with Eclipse is hiding in here somewhere. Eclipse might just be a joke weapon, but I know he's also got a Nosferatu tome he could actually deal damage with...

You are not a Druid and that is not Nosferatu. You are never going to hit anybody with a Halberd! Stop trying!

It's okay, Ogier found him! Nosferatu almost deals as much damage as Eclipse would have.

And that's because this guy is super strong! I wish this were Thracia so I could capture him and steal all of his stuff, there's some valuable loot here. Staves count as weapons and therefore cannot be stolen...

Elen gave Ogier her book to make room for a Vulnerary earlier, but now she needs it back. Shining a light directly up a Druid's sleeve hole is how you defeat them.

Totally worth it, look at those stats! Maybe my combat nun dream isn't dead just yet...

Unfortunately sending Elen in to attack was a terrible idea and now I must use her and Roy to create this chokepoint of stupidity for lack of a better option. I sure hope there's nobody dangerous here! Besides that one Archer Roy cannot kill.

It's okay, Elen exploded him in a single hit. She sure doesn't seem to be leaving any corpses. Perhaps these are beings of pure darkness and shining a light on them makes them vanish entirely.

The victory theme is playing, which means it's probably just the boss and a couple of guys standing next to his throne that are left. There's no reinforcements in this chapter so there's not going to be any ambushes...

Hello! That is indeed another Berserker. Aren't 30 crit Berserker bosses fun?

There's the killer weapon jerk. I did send in Lot for a reason, he's too swole to care about eating physical damage crits...

Guerrererererererero's not anything particularly impressive by the standards of what we've already seen, he's still only got the same strength as that one boss from Chapter 5. Silver axes do hurt though! I feel as if this game does have a little more variety in boss classes than FE7, but it sure is frontloaded with Knights and Berserkers.

Bop. Without an enemy to lean against that horse is totally going to fall over, it looks like it's in the process of slipping off of that one hoof that's still on the ground!

That's gem 1 obtained! There's also a an unopened chest all the way in the top left corner that I guess I should go for as soon as I have the White Gem.

Seems like this guy isn't moving, maybe I can feed the kill to someone worthy?

Well he had to miss one eventually. This was the highest hitrate he had seen all map!

Only upon reading this now do I realise that this guy could technically have killed Lance in a single hit... It would have been incredibly unlikely, but it could have happened!

Or he could throw his Hand Axe to deal less damage with less chance of hitting, for reasons only he can understand. Perhaps he wanted to prevent my ranged units from being able to safely finish him off...

Yeah that's probably why. What a jerk!

Okay but I do kind of want to try this though. This LP has been sorely lacking in Content recently. Consider this a test if Ogier is truly ready to promote or not...

But first Lot has to futily throw his Hand Axe to earn a single point of EXP in the form of the knowledge that he should just sell this crappy thing already. He's becoming a real powerhouse now... 19 strength wouldn't be particularly impressive on any other Warrior, but this guy only has a 30% growth!

FOR CONTEEEEEEENT!

bap

Congratulations Ogier! You passed my stupid pointless trial. A delicious Hero's Crest shall be yours next map.

Now to grind supports while Astolfo slowly picks the map clean of treasure. There's no enemy reinforcements so he can run around in the fog on his own at no risk to himself.

In addition to the White Gen, Astolfo also finds two different chest opening devices inside some chests. At least that Chest Key isn't one use!

Lance and Lot have gotten so bored they've started a Fire Emblem playthrough of their own. Hopefully they will soon learn that video games are hard and the deaths of their respective best friends were totally unavoidable! FE games tend to be very assymetrical in terms of balance, I'm not particularly convinced a multiplayer game could work. The game doesn't really work unless one army is much stronger but also much stupider than the other.

Yeesh Lot, everybody knows ballistae can't move in this game! Where did you learn to play, FE7?

I don't think that's very impressive considering he's been dead for like at least a month. But Lance's advice to Lot that competition is much easier if your opponent is not alive does equate to a combined support bonus of +2 attack, +2 defense, +10 avoid, and +10 critical avoid between the two. Now go fetch Ward's corpse so you can win a game of your own!

13 turns of actual playing the map and 8 of cleanup. That's not so bad. I could have spent 60 or so more turns making progress on their A support but hitting end turn over and over is a lot of effort.

Recognising that his usefulness in combat is dwindling, Roy wonders if he could see use as a skirting board. I mean he is going to be gathering dust for a while once he hits level 20!

Oh no! Well that's what happens when you spend all your time spelunking in caves doing optional chapters. I guess we'll have to go back to Etruria to deal with the roast avacado alliance now.

That sounds bad. Can we have the Western Isles? Geographically I don't think it's part of the continent.

Armads is a big axe that deals a lot of damage and is actually pretty accurate. Unfortunately FE7 established it also curses the wielder to die in battle one day, so Lot's not going to get to retire when I inevitably give this to him in the endgame. At least with that defense boost it'll take a lot of hits for him to eventually die!

This has been a relatively short update and it's been a while since I last posted stats, so here's a refresher on my army's stats, or at least the stats of people who have leveled up. No average stats this time because those are a pain to calculate. My army's looking pretty good... The end of the Western Isles arc marks the beginning of another difficulty spike though, so we'll see how long that lasts!

Next time: Too many Paladins

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
This map is showcasing why the dark mages simply aren't very good in this game. Again, not their fault, but losing 25 hit on their basic spell vs Anima is really a hefty rear end price to pay for no benefit whatsoever.

Well, ok, Sophia sucking is absolutely her fault.

I ended up doing a similar thing to your setup in that I put two promoted dudes going right and most of my other people going left. Kind of weird to me. I don't think Clarine even got hit due to how crappy the hit rates on the enemy's weapons are.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
At least Raigh is endearing with how smug his portrait is.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Obligatum VII posted:

At least Raigh is endearing with how smug his portrait is.

He's being preemptively smug so that if he misses, you'll think it was all part of his grand plan, and if he hits he's... already smug about landing the hit.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I like how your Lilina has almost twice the str of your Roy.

And by "like" i mean this Roy causes me actual physical pain.

(By existing, not by hitting me with a sword. That wouldn't hurt nearly as much.)

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
That "For Conteeeeeeent" bit with Ogier....

Him "Passing your pointless trial" to get to be a part of the team/get a promotion item...

It gave me some real Trial by Devil Axe vibes.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Weeble posted:

That "For Conteeeeeeent" bit with Ogier....

Him "Passing your pointless trial" to get to be a part of the team/get a promotion item...

It gave me some real Trial by Devil Axe vibes.

Good news about his promotion next chapter!

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

vilkacis posted:

I like how your Lilina has almost twice the str of your Roy.

And by "like" i mean this Roy causes me actual physical pain.

(By existing, not by hitting me with a sword. That wouldn't hurt nearly as much.)

Roy being 3 points behind Strength and Lilina 3 behind luck in a matching way! They're made for each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lilina could always bench press Roy
This is indisputed canon.