Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

haveblue posted:

Sister is dumb as hell but does this person think her plan is just to sit down on a random bench on and pop out the kid?

She is going to, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I just caught my boyfriend of 3 years in a hotel with another woman.

Some alcoholic I know (not me I swear) brought home two hookers when he thought he was getting drinking buddies.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Remulak posted:

Some alcoholic I know (not me I swear) brought home two hookers when he thought he was getting drinking buddies.

I'm sure full-service sex workers like having a nice drink and a chat like most everybody else.

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 9, 2022

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I get that, but my grandma is clueless at the best of times. Is there anything in the comments to suggest malevolence?

The story is not about your grandma

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Biplane posted:

The story is not about your grandma

It could be. Maybe Sephiroth just doesn’t get that granny doesn’t like them.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Good afternoon friends and otherwise. Just wanted to remind you that it's 2022 and "sex worker" is a much better term to be using. It even has "sex" right there in the name!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Lol I don't even get your argument here

Cheating is okay if it's a super special request from a dying person? Or am I just missing the joke

yes, it is. because who exactly gets harmed in this scenario and how likely is this ever to happen to anyone

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 9, 2022

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Good afternoon friends and otherwise. Just wanted to remind you that it's 2022 and "sex worker" is a much better term to be using. It even has "sex" right there in the name!

It's not if you're distinguishing different types of sex work, which is relevant in this context. If you've got a better term for "sex worker who picks up clients at bars to have sex with them for money", I'm all ears, though. A few minutes of googling didn't come up with anything more appropriate than "prostitute".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Remulak posted:

Retired Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser was in Memphis, Tennessee back in 1986 and picked up a sex worker to take back to his room. She drugged and robbed him and he was found the next day wandering the foyer of the hotel dazed and without his pants.

Not really relevant, it's just one of my favourite Aussie politics stories.

edit: better language

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 9, 2022

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm sure prostitutes like having a nice drink and a chat like most everybody else.

Probably not with someone they sized up to be a John, though.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Retired Australian Prime Minister Malcom Frasier was in Memphis, Tennessee back in 1986 and picked up a prostitute to take back to his room. She drugged and robbed him and he was found the next day wandering the foyer of the hotel dazed and without his pants.

I'm partial to the PM who just disappeared into the sea.

Mr. Lobe posted:

That's not my department. :shrug:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

yes, it is. because who exactly gets harmed in this scenario and how likely is this ever to happen to anyone

the same person who gets harmed in a normal cheating scenario

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm partial to the PM who just disappeared into the sea.

How to spot an unpopular PM:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Retired Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser was in Memphis, Tennessee back in 1986 and picked up a prostitute to take back to his room. She drugged and robbed him and he was found the next day wandering the foyer of the hotel dazed and without his pants.

Former TV weatherman and current pariah John Bolaris got drugged at a bar when he was "chatting casually" with two ladies who ended up charging $43,000 to his credit card for "art" they sold him while semiconscious. It ended up in an FBI sting on the bar owner who was connected to the Russian mob. A few years later he was doing an interview with playboy about it and the article turned out to mostly be a profile about how much of a creep the guy is, getting him fired and largely blacklisted. He apparently sells real estate now.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's not if you're distinguishing different types of sex work, which is relevant in this context. If you've got a better term for "sex worker who picks up clients at bars to have sex with them for money", I'm all ears, though. A few minutes of googling didn't come up with anything more appropriate than "prostitute".

I was mostly referring to Remulak above you that used a very different term, but good to see you're still doing okay there Double A.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Andrast posted:

the same person who gets harmed in a normal cheating scenario

yeah i sure hope she does not get left for this other person, oh wait

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

So cheating is ok as long as you don't leave your original partner?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I see we're playing the "deliberately obtuse" game today.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Somebody's gotta be the buttplug.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I mean the fundamental issue in the “leave your girlfriend for a dying woman” story is that you can do it if you want. You just don’t get to have your girlfriend be happy with you about it too, no matter how selflessly you frame it.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

oh this is dark

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Andrast posted:

So cheating is ok as long as you don't leave your original partner?

its ok when you gently caress the other person once and then they die of their terminal illness afterwards

massive spider posted:

I mean the fundamental issue in the “leave your girlfriend for a dying woman” story is that you can do it if you want. You just don’t get to have your girlfriend be happy with you about it too, no matter how selflessly you frame it.

you don't leave your girlfriend that was my point, you can grant the dying person's wish, and then go on with your life because quite literally this will not be a repeatable offense.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm pretty sure you can get arrested for that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

its ok when you gently caress the other person once and then they die of their terminal illness afterwards

you don't leave your girlfriend that was my point, you can grant the dying person's wish, and then go on with your life because quite literally this will not be a repeatable offense.

If it's ok then the girlfriend should be fine with it right?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Andrast posted:

If it's ok then the girlfriend should be fine with it right?

no i don't expect her to be fine with it that's why i called the guy dumb for telling her and stated it should be a private moment that both people take to their grave. one of whom will do so very soon

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Do you get upset that you're not supposed to call people the r-word anymore as well?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

WoodrowSkillson posted:

So you just have a relationship of false trust while keeping secrets about your behavior that would destroy your relationship if brought to light. What a fine partner you must be.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Nuebot posted:

He also followed her after she walked away which seems kind of weird to me? Sure it's possible OP might be putting the most romantic spin on things as possible but still.
He could also be one of these people that tries to repair things that can't be repaired.

Mr. Lobe posted:

It gets awkward when they want to get paid though. So I heard.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

no i don't expect her to be fine with it that's why i called the guy dumb for telling her and stated it should be a private moment that both people take to their grave. one of whom will do so very soon

"Betraying your partner's trust is fine"

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

WoodrowSkillson posted:

It's not once, the dying person wants a temporary relationship with the OP, presumably until they pass.

GF's not ok with that, which is a reasonable boundary to have. So then his only choices are, he does it anyway and loses his current relationship, or he foregoes it to preserve the current relationship.

You don't get to 'well but you should logically be ok with it' for other people's boundaries. All you can do is respect those boundaries and act accordingly.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

So you just have a relationship of false trust while keeping secrets about your behavior that would destroy your relationship if brought to light. What a fine partner you must be.

getting caught out with my other gf as i take her to the monster mash

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
hanging around the hospice ward trying to get some quick, guilt free cheating in on my days off.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

WoodrowSkillson posted:

getting caught out with my other gf as i take her to the monster mash

Whatever happened to the Thymic Carcinoma Twist?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

StrangersInTheNight posted:

It's not once, the dying person wants a temporary relationship with the OP, presumably until they pass.

GF's not ok with that, which is a reasonable boundary to have. So then his only choices are, he does it anyway and loses his current relationship, or he foregoes it to preserve the current relationship.

You don't get to 'well but you should logically be ok with it' for other people's boundaries. All you can do is respect those boundaries and act accordingly.

no, she wanted to gently caress, and he took it as "i need to temporarily leave my gf until she dies" because he is a moron. he then managed to make a dying woman's final months even worse by getting her branded as a homewrecker for her understandably odd request made while facing her own mortality.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Megillah Gorilla posted:

LMFAO

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Hi, as I’ve received a few things about this: don’t be lovely about sex workers. Some are cool with prostitute, some aren’t, but use wise judgement.

If I find a resource I’ll share it here

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

WoodrowSkillson posted:

no, she wanted to gently caress, and he took it as "i need to temporarily leave my gf until she dies" because he is a moron. he then managed to make a dying woman's final months even worse by getting her branded as a homewrecker for her understandably odd request made while facing her own mortality.

I'm not really sure where you're getting that idea she only wanted to gently caress so certainly - but let's go with that and say she really did only want to gently caress just the once. It still made him uncomfortable enough, he tried to set up a situation where it wasn't cheating rather than just do it, because he didn't want to cheat on his partner. I can't really fault him for that.

He did it in the dumbest way possible, but ultimately it's clear he felt stuck between a rock and a hard place and panicked, and ended up losing both people he cared for, which is a shame.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
you don't gotta cheat on your partner even if someone is dying

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Farg posted:

Wow can't believe you love cancer, kinda hosed up fellow Goon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Farg posted:

And he didn't. The dying person asked him to.