Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
worst thing about june
This poll is closed.
that god drat terrible glass animals song that 41 11.05%
only 30 days in which to trumo 75 20.22%
too hot 90 24.26%
amerikkka still exists 165 44.47%
Total: 243 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/polishXcellence/status/1534913042315714561

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Yes! Yes!!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Adam Runza

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Has anyone made a "Which mass shooter are you?" personality quiz yet?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/micahinATL/status/1534624881081556993

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

Joementum posted:

isn't OANN owned by Comcast? can they even agree to a deal independently?

I think this guy just saw that the rest of the chudosphere being responded to by elom because he's an idiot puppet just being dragged around by the nose, and OANN guy said "me too"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

there's no way

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

It's because libs hate the left more than they hate the right.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

lol baloney

Hatebag posted:

So is Michigan chock full of nazis because of the failure of detroit? White flight and coordinated attempts to keep factories white while they were employing a lot of people providing a base for white supremacist militia

As a Michigan native, it's the Florida of the North OP. Heavy emphasis on outdoor activities, weather that drives you insane for half the year, and being a peninsula means that you're only there if you mean to be there. Probably some of what you said too.

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

triple sulk posted:

there's no way

Maybe it was one of those prank call morning shows.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1534939207352958978

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TRUMP!

quote:

A redecoration of Air Force One ordered by former President Donald Trump could contribute to excessive heating on the planes, sources told Politico.

Trump in 2019 unveiled the color scheme for two new Air Force One fleet jets being converted by Boeing, changing the baby blue on the underside of the jet to a dark-blue-and-red design, which he said was more patriotic.

It was the first major redecoration of the president's fleet of planes since John F. Kennedy's presidency.

The Trump color scheme requires the underside of the planes and its engine to be dark blue, which retains more heat than a lighter color.

To accommodate that, modifications may have to be made to cool some of the plane's components, the source said. An alternative would be sticking with the existing color scheme.

An Air Force spokesperson confirmed the concerns to Politico.
"Further analysis concluded darker colors, among other factors, on the underside of the VC-25B aircraft might contribute to temperatures exceeding the current qualification limits of a small number of components," a spokesperson, Ann Stefanek, said in a statement.

The White House has yet to make a decision on whether to keep the Trump paint scheme for the converted jets, or revert to the earlier colors.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i've never seen a state with fewer out-of-state plates than i did in michigan

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Reminder that the second-largest metro area in Michigan is one step removed from being the personal fiefdom of the DeVos family.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

rewatching the jan 6th doc last night there is a scene where she is right in the middle of the room where all the congresspeople are hiding and she has the biggest fuckin grin

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

Hatebag posted:

So is Michigan chock full of nazis because of the failure of detroit? White flight and coordinated attempts to keep factories white while they were employing a lot of people providing a base for white supremacist militia

It has smaller cities than most states in the region, so the chuds go into statewide races with less of a disadvantage. Once Detroit quadruples in size and becomes a midapocalyptic water distribution hub conditions will improve slightly.

So... Kinda?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/1534939360528781322

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

everyone will say detroit is getting a lot better and i really don't know where that whole thing stemmed from but it absolutely could not be further from the truth

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!
Also I'm fairly certain OANN is in freefall rn and they're hedging everything on "maybe we can convince the memelord drug addict that he wants to buy us"

it's not the dumbest idea

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

tenderjerk posted:

I think this guy just saw that the rest of the chudosphere being responded to by elom because he's an idiot puppet just being dragged around by the nose, and OANN guy said "me too"

if i were the CEO of a company, given what has happened to the stock price of every other company elon "tries of acquire", i would definitely not tweet such a thing, whether true or not

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
thanks for the conventional wisdom anime deadbeat dad

https://twitter.com/hungrybowtie/status/1534741385382834176?s=20&t=Lev0bP8DdNcNyVQBqYyh5g

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/mhbergen/status/1534938410330099712

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

triple sulk posted:

everyone will say detroit is getting a lot better and i really don't know where that whole thing stemmed from but it absolutely could not be further from the truth

It's not livable. We picked Lansing when we had to come back to the state. Michigan is a huge mess.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

OANN? No OANN. Only Twitter!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Hahaha, President Biden is such a cuck he can't just say "We're canceling Trump's redecoration of AF1 because I don't like it" he had to order someone to find a reason for it. I'm sure Boeing is proud to make the president plane that will fall out of the sky if the engine housing is too dark

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Dude looks like Karl from Workaholics.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Hatebag posted:

i think michigan has been pretty turboracist for a long time (too many white people). there was that asian man that was murdered in the 80s because auto workers thought he was japanese

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

triple sulk posted:

It's...fine I guess, in the few times I've been there since moving out of state. My parents like to go there for the odd event every now and then but they are both east/southeast MI natives and still live there so a big part of that is probably because it's easy to get to.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

yeah i mean it’s a tough decision for the biden administration i get why they haven’t decided yet. do you keep the normal colors or change it do the tacky trash colors that trump made up out of no where and probably immediately forgot? hard to say

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:rip:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
This country will lets its children die so the rich people will have their failsons thrive and live to crack the whip.

https://twitter.com/miniondeathcult/status/1534918807168245761

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

C-Euro posted:

lol baloney

As a Michigan native, it's the Florida of the North OP. Heavy emphasis on outdoor activities, weather that drives you insane for half the year, and being a peninsula means that you're only there if you mean to be there. Probably some of what you said too.

I'm mostly curious about the organized racists, the nazi militias. Is it a sundown town kinda state? How and why are these nazi militias organized? Maybe they just have a really effective fbi field office out there to organize nazi militias?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the only redeeming quality about detroit is the asian and middle eastern food which whips rear end

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

gregday posted:

there’s a Jedi named Poof and his race is Quermian.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Yarael_Poof

lmfao

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/toddstarnes/status/1534927962381877250

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

C-Euro posted:

It's...fine I guess, in the few times I've been there since moving out of state. My parents like to go there for the odd event every now and then but they are both east/southeast MI natives and still live there so a big part of that is probably because it's easy to get to.

i-75 in michigan is a MESS!!

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Hatebag posted:

It's chock full of Nazis just like the entire US because the government stopped killing fascists in 1945.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

the milk machine posted:

i think michigan has been pretty turboracist for a long time (too many white people). there was that asian man that was murdered in the 80s because auto workers thought he was japanese

Yeah that's what i was thinking about. I guess there was ford, a nazi who had a medal from hitler in his office until the 50s being one of the biggest employers in the state for decades. Hmmm

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

It's chock full of Nazis just like the entire US because the government stopped killing fascists in 1945.

I'm specifically wondering about the organized nazi militias, not the standard racist white noise of amerikkka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Hatebag posted:

Yeah that's what i was thinking about. I guess there was ford, a nazi who had a medal from hitler in his office until the 50s being one of the biggest employers in the state for decades. Hmmm

oh yeah lol i entirely forgot about that angle