Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I had a cipher recently and was looking at Tarrabah but I’ve never run a raid. Are the emblems for it hard to get? I bought Ticcus instead because I like Trinity Ghoul and Monarque but am pretty disappointed with Ticcu, it feels really annoying to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There are a couple of places where you can sneak into a raid and pick up a few emblems a week solo, but it will take a very long time to be able to afford a weapon from the kiosk. It goes much faster if you can find a regular group to raid with

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
I miss the season when Ruinous Effigy was S tier. It’s a decent pick for maybe your 3rd or 4th cipher if you like the weird guns that do non-gun stuff. Also very important: Ruinous Effigy style-wise matches this season’s Nightmare theme.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

You get 5 emblems per encounter and secret chest for the current season's raid, which is currently Vow of the Disciple.

There are four encounters plus two secret chests, so you can get 30 tokens per character per week.

I believe weekly rotating raid gives 3 per encounter as well?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

haveblue posted:

There are a couple of places where you can sneak into a raid and pick up a few emblems a week solo, but it will take a very long time to be able to afford a weapon from the kiosk. It goes much faster if you can find a regular group to raid with
and then if you do raid you end up spending them to get lubrae red box and never save any up then gaze longingly at the always on time and tarrabah kiosk icons :(

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Removing spoils farming was a bad decision. Not a lot of people did it, it took quite a while, and the amount of spoils you need for any one item takes weeks to acquire. It’s a bad concept and goes back to the problem that the developers are convinced that more time played == more people engaged and happy.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Judge Tesla posted:

The week that Witherhoard was first unleashed onto the world was a wild one, every single PvP game was a match of the Floor is Lava and because every single person was using it there was no escape.
If you were there that season I think you pretty quickly got used to the audio cue and the visual on the floor. Same as hearing a screamer open or an ogre roar gives you that same instinctive panic of 'gently caress gently caress gently caress where is the nearest cover.'

Ort posted:

I had a cipher recently and was looking at Tarrabah but I’ve never run a raid. Are the emblems for it hard to get?
You can get about 20 per character per week really easily without having to properly raid:

- 5 from the hidden chest in VoD,
- 5 from the hidden chest in DSC,
- 10 from the first chest & hidden chest in VoG (there are teams running this fairly regularly on the app

There are a few more freebies, but they're a bit fiddly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ClkTBjaL_c

However as other have said, you get a lot more a lot quicker if you can just raid.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 9, 2022

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

The problem with Witherhoard is how messy and ugly the pools are

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
TBH, The VAST majority of players using Witherhoard in PvP don't use it properly.

Bad: Shoot Witherhoard at someone in the open.
Good: Use it for point, zone, or enemy team movement control.
The best: Use it for the above, and coordinate with your team to create a funnel of which there is no way for the enemy team to escape.

A good Witherhoard player is very VERY annoying. However, that can be said for any player that is good with any other gun.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Vow, DSC and Last Wish both have a secret chest that's relatively easy to get to solo.

There's an OOB exploit you can use to get to the first secret chest in VoG as well, but it's kind of tricky to pull off.

Vow gives 5 spoils and the others give 3, so apart from Garden week, you can solo farm 24 spoils per week.

But you should just join the Serious Overchill discord and sign up for a raid. There's usually at least one per day.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

Vow, DSC and Last Wish both have a secret chest that's relatively easy to get to solo.

There's an OOB exploit you can use to get to the first secret chest in VoG as well, but it's kind of tricky to pull off.

Vow gives 5 spoils and the others give 3, so apart from Garden week, you can solo farm 24 spoils per week.

But you should just join the Serious Overchill discord and sign up for a raid. There's usually at least one per day.

240 / (24 * 3) == 3.33 (Round up to 4)

4 weeks at max spoils for a single item in the monument is bad game design.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

It's a multiplayer game. I'd say it's still generous that you *can* get spoils solo.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Bobby Deluxe posted:

If you were there that season I think you pretty quickly got used to the audio cue and the visual on the floor. Same as hearing a screamer open or an ogre roar gives you that same instinctive panic of 'gently caress gently caress gently caress where is the nearest cover.'

This is it—if you’re in a puddle there’s a sizzling sound and a spiky effect at the bottom of the screen.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Collateral Damage posted:

The last wish hidden chests don't normally give spoils. They might if the raid is on the pinnacle list that week but I haven't checked.

Also that esoterickk video I posted gives a out the most fiddly way of doing those two chests:

With Vow, switch to a decent rocket, sniper & scout then kill Savathûn from back where she can't hit you. Then when you get to the first cart you can just hit da bricks and ignore the abominations, just leave and go for the 3 icons. Then grab the chest.

With Vault (the raid, not the encounter) just find a group who are farming the first 3 chests. Find a group advertising no mic. You just have to open the gate, grab the first chest, grab the hidden chest, then do the confluxes (it won't give you spoils but it will give you a raid weapon).

And with DSC you just need to memorise the route and put an arc resistance mod on.

That's 20 per character, no sword flying, no glitches, no raiding needed. DSC is the toughest now there's no glitch to get rid of the cold debuff.

E: apparently not 20 per character if the others are now only giving 3.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 9, 2022

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I assumed the non-Vow raids only give spoils when they're the weekly rotator raid.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bobby Deluxe posted:

You can get about 20 per character per week really easily without having to properly raid:

- 5 from the hidden chest in VoD,
- 5 from the hidden chest in DSC,
- 10 from the first chest & hidden chest in VoG (there are teams running this fairly regularly on the app

There are a few more freebies, but they're a bit fiddly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ClkTBjaL_c

However as other have said, you get a lot more a lot quicker if you can just raid.

Thank you for that, I will do the VoD for an easy 15 per week.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Join the discord and I usually ping for free spoils chests on Tuesday-Thursday (whenever I get around to it), 30 per week per account just for walking to a box. The VoG one takes like 10 minutes total to get to, and I can be convinced to go get this one whenever I'm on. The Vow one takes 20 minutes of mindless add clear to make a safe zone, usually only do that once a week. It can be done faster but is less frustrating for rotating characters in if you just clear the skate park.

seconding the "just do raids" thing, but if you can't or won't, this is an 8-week pathway to get a raid exotic from the kiosk.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
as an offbeat choice, stasis-enjoyers should consider ager's sceptre (synergizes beautifully with stasis fragments), and warlocks should consider anarchy (allows passive starfire protocol grenade refreshes like witherhoard does without running into the witherhoard damage limit).

the really good pve exotics all offer some kind of capacity other than "is a better primary gun", and tarrabah isn't even the best exotic primary smg in pve--you'd prefer osteo striga in any situation with either lots of trash to kill or overload champions, and i think osteo striga is now free to any witch queen owners?

e: in particular witherhoard is part of both the highest-damage gun rotation i know of (witherhoard, slug shotgun/fusion rifle, autoloading holster rocket) and the highest damage ability rotation i know of (witherhoard refreshing double-exploding fusion grenades with starfire protocol)

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 9, 2022

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Intrinsic anti-champ on Exotics coming? lord bless this day

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Reiterpallasch posted:

as an offbeat choice, stasis-enjoyers should consider ager's sceptre (synergizes beautifully with stasis fragments), and warlocks should consider anarchy (allows passive starfire protocol grenade refreshes like witherhoard does without running into the witherhoard damage limit).

the really good pve exotics all offer some kind of capacity other than "is a better primary gun", and tarrabah isn't even the best exotic primary smg in pve--you'd prefer osteo striga in any situation with either lots of trash to kill or overload champions, and i think osteo striga is now free to any witch queen owners?

e: in particular witherhoard is part of both the highest-damage gun rotation i know of (witherhoard, slug shotgun/fusion rifle, autoloading holster rocket) and the highest damage ability rotation i know of (witherhoard refreshing double-exploding fusion grenades with starfire protocol)

Ager on a good lock build with battle harmony is a pocket chaos reach and is extremely easy to charge and sustain. I'll post mine later when I'm not about to sleep but it's my go to for everything and the champ stun from freezing is awesome.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Nightfalls are 5x rank for some reason, get in on this poo poo

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Y'all weren't kidding with catalyst for Witherhoard.

This going to take forever since I suck at PvP. In no rush and I'll get it eventually but drat

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
It’s extremely good for Rift because everyone mindlessly groups up. You can also just throw it on a zone or in a choke point in Control. My career k/d is somewhere around .5 and it was probably the easiest PvP catalyst I’ve ever done.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Dead messenger or a wave frame on momentum control weeks is really good for the witherhoard catalyst as well.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

RBX posted:

If almost every enemy wasn't wallhacking autoaim bots and we could actually dodge more attacks it wouldn't be a problem. But because the AI is so basic they can do nothing but stat pad everything.

Yeah it's pretty funny in crucible when most people (not all) on both teams are getting endless headshots except when they pop supers and always seem to know where everyone is. Loot is still good though which is all that really matters.

Oh wait you meant PVE enemies.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I've had this Exotic token sitting in my inventory for the longest time now; I should probably use it on something. I just need loads more Glimmer.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
It's been awhile since I used the Trinity Ghoul so I gave it a whirl yesterday and uh yeah, that thing that just straight up murders trash at a rate that is hard to describe. It really makes me excited for Arc 3.0 to see what wild and weird poo poo we will be able to do with weapons like the Trinity Ghoul and Riskrunner.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
So I am a PC player, and I understand that I could purchase the game and expansions on an Xbox and use cross save to play on both. Would somebody else in the house be able to use their Xbox profile to play a different account using the same purchased game and expansions?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

It's been awhile since I used the Trinity Ghoul so I gave it a whirl yesterday and uh yeah, that thing that just straight up murders trash at a rate that is hard to describe. It really makes me excited for Arc 3.0 to see what wild and weird poo poo we will be able to do with weapons like the Trinity Ghoul and Riskrunner.

I'm predicting blinding entire rooms while chaining arc damage from one end to the other.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gerdalti posted:

So I am a PC player, and I understand that I could purchase the game and expansions on an Xbox and use cross save to play on both. Would somebody else in the house be able to use their Xbox profile to play a different account using the same purchased game and expansions?

I don't think so. Bungie is super stingy with this stuff.

Just for your single account you'd have to rebuy all expansions (but not seasons). For anyone else on the console I bet they tell them to gently caress off.

Basically only the seasons are cross platform purchases. Everything else must be bought on every platform you play on. You can use gear and guns not otherwise available, but that's it. I think even stasis is locked if you don't own beyond light on the platform you're playing on.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Gerdalti posted:

Would somebody else in the house be able to use their Xbox profile to play a different account using the same purchased game and expansions?
Weirdly, for some content yes, other content no, and it's more likely to be no going forwards. .

The big story expansions - witch queen, shadowkeep and beyond light - can be shared across accounts on one console (because they'te linked to your console account), but not across multiple platforms.

The season passes, silver purchases and dungeon keys are shared across platforms (because they're linked to your bungie account), but not across accounts on your console.

Where it gets confusing is that most of the content from the witch queen deluxe edition is console shareable (the campaign, the sparrow, emote & osteo striga), but the season passes and the two dungeon keys are applied to the first bungie account that logs in and are then useable only by that bungie account wherever it logs in, but are not console shareable.

Bungie seem to be moving forwards with the cross-system rights for one account thing, but I refuse to believe that there are more people who play across multiple systems than there are families who want to share content on the same console.

They could at least have given us the option when purchasing to choose which type of sharing.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

That stasis load I talked about, I think this link works right:

Ager's

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Crucible is going to be tons of fun while everyone is experimenting with blinding, the only status effect more annoying than frozen

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1535296875439349760?s=21&t=SIP65gkPQQ9IkCIKNdZVoQ

https://twitter.com/a_dmg04/status/1535299860634562561?s=21&t=4CcC-EQGeDS4Xq5RzF5aHw

lmao, have fun this weekend!

(Xur is selling a great PvP Stars in Shadow, though! Corkscrew/accurized/FP/MT/stab MW)

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Streamers spontaneously nutting at the idea of pubstomping for four days straight, blehh

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
lmao, hold that thought on the SiS

https://twitter.com/PaulTassi/status/1535313848718196738?s=20&t=dyM-LchLkjVDxIG6CN9Wqg

https://twitter.com/falloutplays/status/1535309625075064833?s=20&t=dyM-LchLkjVDxIG6CN9Wqg

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Bungo never fails to amaze.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Since I only came back this season and speedran the Witch Queen campaign and Season of the Risen, I've been having a lot of fun with the Parasite, I was dubious at first since it has no range at all but I realized very quickly that farting out a worm that blows bosses away at point blank range is amazing.

I have also blown myself away as well when the worm hit 20 stacks of hungry.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
It's not a bug, it's paracausality!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Ort posted:

I had a cipher recently and was looking at Tarrabah but I’ve never run a raid. Are the emblems for it hard to get? I bought Ticcus instead because I like Trinity Ghoul and Monarque but am pretty disappointed with Ticcu, it feels really annoying to use.

Ticuu's is one of the best endgame weapons when bows are in the anti-champion meta. So hold onto it and keep it updated.