Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Jesus christ...

Ok NGL that was pretty goddamn hype.

I went oh poo poo when Garou mimick'd Saitama's moves.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Honestly the part I'm most glad for is that by making Garou menacing we're on track to hit some of the emotional notes I was hoping the Murata version would cover.

Great art is all well and good but that's what really got my attention.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

copy posted:

want the next chapter to be just saitama sitting at the table with garou from the first version and then holding the redraw up and ripping it to shreds before having a heart to heart with garou

Next chapter cuts to Garou and Saitama back at the table, and Garou saying: "so yeah, that was sorta how I was hoping this would go down...

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Bucswabe posted:

Next chapter cuts to Garou and Saitama back at the table, and Garou saying: "so yeah, that was sorta how I was hoping this would go down...

I seriously hope this is the case, cause as pretty as the fight is, the dinner table conversation was infinitely more interesting.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
It really is quite a departure from the first Garou fight.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I think what Garou fails to realise is that Saitama doesn't put much effort into his attacks at all, "Consecutive normal punches" is literally just that. One of my favorite parts of the original webcomic was Garou realising that his plan is doomed entirely because Saitama exists and it should be around this point.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Bucswabe posted:

lol that would be good

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tombot posted:

I think what Garou fails to realise is that Saitama doesn't put much effort into his attacks at all, "Consecutive normal punches" is literally just that. One of my favorite parts of the original webcomic was Garou realising that his plan is doomed entirely because Saitama exists and it should be around this point.

What even is Garou’s plan at this point?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

TheKingofSprings posted:

Be evil, do crimes.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Conduct evil.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Seems very straight forward, he wants to demonstrate such overwhelming power he will be the only "evil" in the world. Hero's won't need to do a job anymore because everyone will be too afraid of him to try it and/or he will squash any opposition to his position at the top of the food chain.

But Saitama

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

He's going to kick the peak of the pyramid that says 'Hero' on it off and replace it with 'Monster' and give monsters thousands of W's because they do nothing but lose all the time.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Serious answer: Garou explains his plan (or, rather, his philosophy) in Chapter 136 (and I don't think it's changed since then):

"I will become the very despair that will forever knock humanity down to the depths of terror.

People scared under equal terror... united by it... just grateful for being alive...

People whose irrationalities cause even more irrationalities will cease to exist...

Evil will fade away in a world where existence isn't taken for granted. So will bullying, discrimination, even war.

What the world needs is not biased justice, but absolute unbiased evil!"

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000
Maybe every secret deadly super martial arts school should have a mandatory three-credit Logic and Philosophy course.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Gumby posted:

Maybe every secret deadly super martial arts school should have a mandatory three-credit Logic and Philosophy course.

ha i hear this. any world ending super villain really

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gumby posted:

Isn't this pretty much wuxia.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Isn't this pretty much wuxia.

That's just as often every Logic and Philosophy school has a three-credit secret deadly super martial arts course.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Schwarzwald posted:

That's just as often every Logic and Philosophy school has a three-credit secret deadly super martial arts course.

No no; that's Xianxia. There's a difference.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

His (very bad, very naive, juvenile) plan is to unite the world by becoming the ultimate evil, forcing the world to work together to defeat him, thereby eradicating all evil from the world.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Garou wants to be the Sauron that makes everyone never think they'd die fighting with a monster (What about fighting with a friend?) realization.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(Ă¢Â–Â°Ă‹Â˜vĂ‹Â˜Ă¢Â–Â°)
Garou feels bad about monsters always losing and wants a monster to finally win

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
garou wants to be a hero but the other kids in the park wont let him

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Garou dislikes bullies and heroes are just big monster bullies so he wants to bully the bullies into not bullying anyone anymore

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

mdct posted:

No no; that's Xianxia. There's a difference.

I will ruminate on this distinction on top of a mountaintop for 500 years, and then cultivate a secret deadly super martial art.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
It's hard to tell if Garou is cool with the existence of monsters or not. When he was captured (rescued?) by the Monster Association, he kind of let them be at first.

But once they started getting in his way, he began executing them all with extreme prejudice. Unlike the heroes, who he always leaves alive.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Best moment is Flashy Flash protecting Manako

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Bucswabe posted:

It's hard to tell if Garou is cool with the existence of monsters or not. When he was captured (rescued?) by the Monster Association, he kind of let them be at first.

But once they started getting in his way, he began executing them all with extreme prejudice. Unlike the heroes, who he always leaves alive.
Garou is, at his core, a good caring person, he just is a bit hosed in the head basically but it's all for a noble cause so it's fine!! Really!!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Eggplant Squire posted:

Best moment is Flashy Flash protecting Manako

Manako is just a fancy animal he found that acts as a lightsource, maybe some rich persons stolen pet.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah, I don't see any indication that Garou wants to usher in a world of monster supremacy. If anything, the monsters just annoy him, and he's never even shown hesitancy toward killing them (unlike with humans). He just wants to be the only game in town.

That said, what's up with the transition between the previous chapter and this one? We left off with Saitama and Gargoyle Garou sitting down to have a chat, then the next chapter opened with Cosmic Garou walking toward Saitama for a fight, with no explanation for what happened earlier. I feel like I missed a mini update or something.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Devils Affricate posted:

Yeah, I don't see any indication that Garou wants to usher in a world of monster supremacy. If anything, the monsters just annoy him, and he's never even shown hesitancy toward killing them (unlike with humans). He just wants to be the only game in town.

That said, what's up with the transition between the previous chapter and this one? We left off with Saitama and Gargoyle Garou sitting down to have a chat, then the next chapter opened with Cosmic Garou walking toward Saitama for a fight, with no explanation for what happened earlier. I feel like I missed a mini update or something.

You missed a redraw. Saitama and Garou sitting down to have a chat got retconned out of existence.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

You missed a redraw. Saitama and Garou sitting down to have a chat got retconned out of existence.

Oh thanks, had no idea!

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
garou just wants to be god more or less. he wants to sit atop his throne and inspire fear to stop people from being mean.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

He'd save the world by uniting them against him, making him the ultimate hero.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

He's trying to be lelouch, ya

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

https://deadline.com/2022/06/one-punch-man-manga-movie-sony-justin-lin-scott-rosenberg-jeff-pinkner-script-1235044549/

quote:

Sony Pictures Taps Justin Lin To Direct ‘One Punch Man,’ Adaptation Of Manga Classic; Scott Rosenberg & Jeff Pinkner Scripting

This is gonna be bad

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
One Star Man

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bad bad or unwatchable bad?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

bad bad or unwatchable bad?

Probably the latter

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

At least we can be pretty sure Vin Diesel won't be involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'll watch it when they've reedited the movie 15 times