Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lol she rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Love to tackle 'uncomfortable truths' which just so happen to coincide with the beliefs and interests of the ruling class. So brave and outspoken :3:

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
The social mobility tzar is here to say: social mobility is impossible.

Sounds a lot like their racial equality tzar

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Oh god she's that psycho police state headteacher

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

me mam was a begger but im a gong farmer

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/jamesjohnson252/status/1534829739474567169

Lol but also what incredible good faith answers from these people

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
*Briefcase Labour voice* "Hmm, sounds like Keir Starmer would benefit from a relaunch!"

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Pistol_Pete posted:

*Briefcase Labour voice* "Hmm, sounds like Keir Starmer would benefit from a relaunch!"

calling a focus group consisting of red faced cabbies from essex, to run the new three word slogan by them.

The Donut
Aug 28, 2008

Zelensky's Zealots
Soiled Meat

No Dignity posted:

Oh god she's that psycho police state headteacher

Yeah when did she become social mobility tsar?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
when she decided it was no longer enough to terrorise merely one school and bringing back caning to the whole country was the only way to make large scale changes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol at starmer sucking up to the government throughout all pandemic measures and still getting accused of opposition for opposition's sake. Turns out having no policies doesn't look good

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

gonadic io posted:

when she decided it was no longer enough to terrorise merely one school and bringing back caning to the whole country was the only way to make large scale changes

What's fascinating is that early on in her career she was a proponent of fully open learning, structured play with lots of culture type schools. Then she realised there was a better market in being the PR person for ruthless discipline in school under the guise of "social mobility".

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Breaking

https://twitter.com/CursedBalkanYT/status/1534158237548822528?t=CmcfugBqp-1zzZO4IqHIpA&s=19

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Can't tell if satire or not.

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 15:28 on Jun 9, 2022

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Bit rude to call Serbian people dogs tbh :/

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

if that’s including flights it’s a pretty good deal

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
british tabloids report neo-nazi animal brothel conspiracy as fact, while being up in arms about it being affordable to plebs

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
FFS now the line at the airports will quadruple.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Do the brits have a cutesy term for a binge drinking session? Like a floofy slosher or a livvy tester?

Aside from "Tuesday" that is

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
sesh, also from my observation that term you use (ie, a "session" for drinking) was originally a british one, lol

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
A 'quick pint after work' usually involves four or more trips to the bar

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

after-work drinkypoos

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

E Depois do Adeus posted:

Do the brits have a cutesy term for a binge drinking session? Like a floofy slosher or a livvy tester?

I don’t believe the concept of non-binge drinking has ever been seriously considered

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

out on the lash?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Anyone fancy a cheeky pint?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I always enjoyed having pre-drinks before going drinking

Also when we had parties with American students and all American drinking games are based around each player drinking once every 10 minutes and ours involve every player drinking constantly then ending with one person drinking a hospitalising concoction

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Communist Thoughts posted:

Also when we had parties with American students and all American drinking games are based around each player drinking once every 10 minutes and ours involve every player drinking constantly then ending with one person drinking a hospitalising concoction

strong disrespect to Power Hour in this post

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

Ah, the fearsome shitmix

Getting cunted

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Ah, the fearsome shitmix

Getting cunted

We called it the Kings pint and if the loser wouldn't I'd aways down it to show how cool I was

Unforeseeably It actually didn't make me cool

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Out for pints is the usual term here for a drink session after work.

On the lash is the local term for when you go out on a binge and wake up the next morning in a pile of bin bags 30 miles away from the place you started drinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZJwC_vp-_Q

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

It was meant to be a wee bevvy but we ended up out on the lash getting rat-arsed

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Goons helping goons.

https://twitter.com/paulmasonnews/status/1535155867972149250?t=DpquBCo6Qo0Qs-8qu7I93g

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
https://twitter.com/StefGotBooted/status/1535169974515511296?s=20&t=YX_5cYzC856PPLi0xCjn5g

lmao

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
hey brown moses you're a very stupid fucker and i routinely brag about having made fun of a real cia asset. jose was right about you all along lmao

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

keep punching joe posted:

calling a focus group consisting of red faced cabbies from essex, to run the new three word slogan by them.

Labour: not racist but

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Remember when the tory slogan was 'are you thinking what we're thinking?'.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

CoolCab posted:

hey brown moses you're a very stupid fucker and i routinely brag about having made fun of a real cia asset. jose was right about you all along lmao

I always loved when he would post in CSPAM because poo coloured Moses is nothing if not a poster. And he'd get probed & then clearly his Google alert would go as someone mentioned his name again & he'd smuggly respond & get probated again. That was his peak.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

If you ever needed proof bellingcat was CIA though

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Minge drinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

where did evilweasel go? i figured he'd be a poster for life