Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
there is no force to keep him in check i take no pleasure in this. jeff bakalar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
We know what you take pleasure in

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Sucking down mad ropes is what I’m referring to.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Jeff Bakalar is chill. And as based as normies can be.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Wormskull posted:

Jeff Bakalar is chill. And as based as normies can be.

he sucks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All normies are based [white_teen_throwing_up_black_power_fist_wwe_1997.png]

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

Sucking down mad ropes is what I’m referring to.

hell,

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Machai posted:

So did Covid just destroy Dan's WWE career? Kinda wanted to see where that would go.
he did a stream where he talked about it a bunch today, it sounds like a lot of the podcast stuff he pitched never got picked up so he was frustrated and felt creatively stifled

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

John Romero posted:

dan will suck real bad with these guys, gently caress are you all talking about. gently caress jeff bakalar gently caress jess voidburger gently caress the british guy gently caress geoff grubb

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I got the tude now posted:

emmy here's yoru first one

ask and you shall receive

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

In Training posted:

Reading Owl
Dec 22, 2006

reading is hard

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Are they saying they actually liked their boss? What?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

i watched “nextlander crew reacts to jeff leaving” and lol. its like watching loving paint dry.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1496466655?t=1h10m48s
A preview of the future when streamers are broadcasting from their retirement homes.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://clips.twitch.tv/ResoluteCourageousHabaneroPermaSmug-ThNV_jKfW_3QIZMH

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h8ZnLDYJN4

sonic

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Listening to some of the original early ‘08 Bombcast episodes (with just Jeff and Ryan in the new office) and it’s an interesting little time capsule of thoughts on where gaming was headed in the mid-late 00s. Like they speculated on how the releases of Burnout Paradise and Midnight Club Los Angeles would be setting up “a lot of competition in the future between those two series” :( and how DLC would inevitably move toward generally being more substantial content like the Halo 3 and CoD4 map packs and away from optional little microtransactions like Oblivion horse armor and FF Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King outfits, lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Listening to some of the original early ‘08 Bombcast episodes (with just Jeff and Ryan in the new office) and it’s an interesting little time capsule of thoughts on where gaming was headed in the mid-late 00s. Like they speculated on how the releases of Burnout Paradise and Midnight Club Los Angeles would be setting up “a lot of competition in the future between those two series” :( and how DLC would inevitably move toward generally being more substantial content like the Halo 3 and CoD4 map packs and away from optional little microtransactions like Oblivion horse armor and FF Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King outfits, lmao

Every few years I go back and listen to each GOTY cast and it's a real trip. Like being transported to a world that no longer exists

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Someone at the end of the 4/15/08 episode wrote in with “so if the Wii and 360 and PS3 are gonna focus so much on digital games and DLCs and stuff, will they allow people to download all that on the next generation of systems too?” and Ryan and Jeff are like “yes, I mean they’d have to, right?” Goddamn lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Brad slowly gathering power for his Skyrim genkidama in 2k11 ftmfw.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Someone at the end of the 4/15/08 episode wrote in with “so if the Wii and 360 and PS3 are gonna focus so much on digital games and DLCs and stuff, will they allow people to download all that on the next generation of systems too?” and Ryan and Jeff are like “yes, I mean they’d have to, right?” Goddamn lol

lol. we lived and spoke with so much confidence then

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i've been watching some gerstreams and it's been very cute watching him dink around on the steam deck, he's so tickled by it :corsair:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

6/3/2008: They’re discussing a new teaser trailer for Beyond Good & Evil 2.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Also in a previous episode: they said that Final Fantasy VII might be worth checking out ‘if you can stomach the graphics’ and the ‘aged combat system’ before giving two thumbs up to Penny Arcade: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode 1

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Also in a previous episode: they said that Final Fantasy VII might be worth checking out ‘if you can stomach the graphics’ and the ‘aged combat system’ before giving two thumbs up to Penny Arcade: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode 1

oh yeah.. that happened

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The energy drink reviews were cool, and I remember they said something like annual cod releases won't be around for too long you just can't sustain a series like that. Simpler times.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

The energy drink reviews were cool, and I remember they said something like annual cod releases won't be around for too long you just can't sustain a series like that. Simpler times.

They’re talking about third-party publishers pulling out of the ESA and saying “yeah E3’s been on its way out for a while, wouldn’t be surprised if 2008 saw their last in-person event.”

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Brad doing his best impersonation of the “Over 9000” video.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG_8XHk5JDk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA7GK-48sR8

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Now on their Tokyo Game Show ‘08 coverage. They brought up how the Sony event revealed Demon’s Souls and said that it looks bad and boring and that “if you really need a dark fantasy game you should probably just wait for Diablo 3” before skipping over it to talk about Killzone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Iirc that was the the common consensus around them but I believe it was also before Miyazaki took over and made it the souls we know