Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

tokin opposition posted:

Not unless you're getting paid for posting friend

i'll put you in touch with my handler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I mean yeah it's the dream to become a hot takes parasite but nobody itt is willing to start a podcast w/me

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

I mean yeah it's the dream to become a hot takes parasite but nobody itt is willing to start a podcast w/me

Xtal has podcasting experience

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tokin opposition posted:

HashtagGirlboss posted:

smythe would 100% host a podcast w/ u

how’s your vocal fry

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

tokin opposition posted:

I will speak into a microphone and record it with you.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Fly Molo posted:

emptyquotes are the most precious currency on earth

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm telling ya, a podcast where me, Tokin, and Smythe explain and corroborate story's about the forums to Smythe's zoomer gf would shoot right to the top of da charts baybe~

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Which way Exile writer?

Writing hot takes on substack and fighting on twitter for subscriber bucks.

Or becoming a podcast dad and fighting in the school board wars.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Bryan Quinby, Mike Racine, and Mark Ames - the Podcast Dads.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

HashtagGirlboss posted:

lol fuse all of the dogshit posters together and record it like virtuosity

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KirbyKhan posted:

I'm telling ya, a podcast where me, Tokin, and Smythe explain and corroborate story's about the forums to Smythe's zoomer gf would shoot right to the top of da charts baybe~

xtal can be the producer :haibrow:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

so when are you free to record

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

you rang? :grin:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
taibbi is a dumb gen x "anti authoritarian" guy. not sure it's any more complicated than that.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Atrocious Joe posted:

Does MurderBryan have an active beef with the PTA at his daughter's school?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

exmarx posted:

taibbi is a dumb gen x "anti authoritarian" guy. not sure it's any more complicated than that.

the #MeToo exile-related stuff popped up while he was rolling out his book on eric garner and he had to cancel some promo events, seems like that was pretty pivotal, where you could pinpoint his right shift starting right there

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't he also completely throw ames under the bus

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

paul_soccer12 posted:

Didn't he also completely throw ames under the bus

not really, ames kind of fell on the sword willingly to help taibbi out. not that it mattered one way or another. anyone trying to some exile cancellation has poo poo for brains and purposely a bad lib whose mad someone made fun of mommy hillary or kamala

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

Not unless you're getting paid for posting friend

is that better or worse than paying to post

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!
Is there a place where I can read a comprehensive account on just what the hell virgil texas's deal is

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

tenderjerk posted:

Is there a place where I can read a comprehensive account on just what the hell virgil texas's deal is

hello. welcome.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Atrocious Joe posted:

mark ames' dad anecdotes are underrated imo, partly because "this week in how john dolan almost dies" tends to overshadow them

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

tenderjerk posted:

https://tinyurl.com/virgil-texas

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

tenderjerk posted:

An anonymous Twitter account about a year ago made allegations that Virgil Texas did grooming on her when she was 17 through DMs, and then Virgil Texas stopped existing as a public persona forever, up to and including disappearing from the podcast he was in

Everything else is epiphenomenal

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

tenderjerk posted:

hes a groomer

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

the #MeToo exile-related stuff popped up while he was rolling out his book on eric garner and he had to cancel some promo events, seems like that was pretty pivotal, where you could pinpoint his right shift starting right there

IIRC, this was somehow what killed TARFU Report, which was a much better podcast than Useful Idiots and gave us some amazing reading series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSxKwMo_2SI

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

IIRC, this was somehow what killed TARFU Report, which was a much better podcast than Useful Idiots and gave us some amazing reading series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSxKwMo_2SI

this is only topped by Hitler or Tony Robbins?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

paul_soccer12 posted:

hes a groomer

i was facebook friends with him during obama's reelection, and the rumors of his grooming behavior were alive then.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

An anonymous Twitter account about a year ago made allegations that Virgil Texas did grooming on her when she was 17 through DMs, and then Virgil Texas stopped existing as a public persona forever, up to and including disappearing from the podcast he was in

he was writing the next call of the cthulu and then got literally sucked into the story and succumbed to the existential horror rip

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Just to put them all in one place Jewel or Mao was also real good. It was a good segment on a good show :rip: Tarfu Report

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

papa horny michael posted:

i was facebook friends with him during obama's reelection, and the rumors of his grooming behavior were alive then.

he was on the problematic weird twitter guy list with these allegations years and years ago

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Nothus posted:

Does MurderBryan have an active beef with the PTA at his daughter's school?

he's probably right to do so, being familiar with Columbus

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
is anyone actually shocked that of all of them it was virgil who was the groomer?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Danger posted:

is anyone actually shocked that of all of them it was virgil who was the groomer?

bold of you to assume there can be only one

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
amber's crimes will come to light ! !

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Danger posted:

what, as opposed to the two jewish guys? the oaf from america's oaf belt? lol no

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

what, as opposed to the two jewish guys? the oaf from america's oaf belt? lol no

everyone forgets about Chris

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Cloks posted:

everyone forgets about Chris

I wish I could forget about discount Brendan

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
good cumtown ep today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

good cumtown ep today

i dont have anywhere to drive so i cant listen to a podcast anymore. altho i am "playing" the diablo slot machine game which i realized once im done with the story might be a good podcast game. another game ive been thinking of playing is cities skylines which is probably also a good podcast game altho i never played it. used to get a lot of podcast time in just lumberjacking and poo poo in ultima online. that was a very soothing experience. overall i think playing a game and listening to podcast is about as good/wholesome activity as u get outside of reading book, which is of course the best way to spend leisure time at home by a country mile. another thing thats cool is instead of getting insanely loving wasted at all times and spending rear end loads of money on vice is instead not doing that and enriching your mind and empowering your body. just something to consider i guess