Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

MAICHUL NOO

:eyepop: :five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

MAICHUL NOO

:stonkhat: :stonklol:

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

I started watching the latest season of drive to survive, I'm up to episode 3 and seeing Christian Horner have so much respect for Danny Ric made me :3:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

ja_raul posted:

For real though, what season would sir ham want to immortalize on film? I think the 2016 season would make the most sense in terms of a Brad Pitt casting choice. I know he's only the producer but I'm sure he wouldn't sign on unless he was ok with whatever the story is. That being said, I don't think he has the humility to highlight the one season his teammate/rival bested him, but it's definitely the movie I'd want to watch.
Alternatively, I would enjoy seeing Pitt play sir ham just for the lulz of a white guy playing a black guy, it would be ultra progressive.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Do you think they could get Eamon Farren to play Max?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

brad pitt as toto would be hilarious

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

FAUXTON posted:

MAICHUL NOO

The year is 2022 and Schumi's brain is entirely dead. Well, not entirely... one indomitable brain cell stills holds out...

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Still regularly blown away by the fact that Seb is the absolute coolest F1 driver

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

ja_raul posted:

For real though, what season would sir ham want to immortalize on film? I think the 2016 season would make the most sense in terms of a Brad Pitt casting choice. I know he's only the producer but I'm sure he wouldn't sign on unless he was ok with whatever the story is. That being said, I don't think he has the humility to highlight the one season his teammate/rival bested him, but it's definitely the movie I'd want to watch.
Alternatively, I would enjoy seeing Pitt play sir ham just for the lulz of a white guy playing a black guy, it would be ultra progressive.

His first WDC at McLaren would probably make the best plotline for the movie.

Working class kid growing up on the mean streets of Stevenage, gets a paid sponsorship from McLaren during his karting career, joins F1 and then wins the WDC in his second year. I can smell the Oscar already.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Can't wait for Dan and Lewis to come out as dating :allears:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

your friend wicka posted:

Still regularly blown away by the fact that Seb is the absolute coolest F1 driver

a good lad who deserves better than Lance Stroll as a teammate

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

That's Martin Brundle grade commentary. Holy poo poo.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Charles Leclerc posted:

That's Martin Brundle grade commentary. Holy poo poo.

Does it mention the power of a family saloon car or does it talk about looking over the taps?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

DTS is a lovely show. Besides sometimes showing something actually interesting from behind the scenes, it’s dramatized to the point of being unwatchable. Made it 3 episodes into the current season and I just… can’t.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

your friend wicka posted:

He should have kept the eyepatch. He's the Big Boss of F1.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Mokotow posted:

DTS is a lovely show. Besides sometimes showing something actually interesting from behind the scenes, it’s dramatized to the point of being unwatchable. Made it 3 episodes into the current season and I just… can’t.

if you pay attention the editing details are comically bad

like "wait, didn't she die in the last scene?" bad from the MST3K episode of Space Mutiny bad

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/TotalVelocidad/status/1534529529917624322

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

VelociBacon posted:

Does it mention the power of a family saloon car or does it talk about looking over the taps?

Or what a gladiator he was.

Fodder Cannon
Jan 12, 2008

I love to watch Fox News and then go club some baby seals

MustardFacial posted:

His first WDC at McLaren would probably make the best plotline for the movie.

Working class kid growing up on the mean streets of Stevenage, gets a paid sponsorship from McLaren during his karting career, joins F1 and then wins the WDC in his second year. I can smell the Oscar already.

stephen!

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Mokotow posted:

This is why it's popular in the states I guess. Nothing else would get traction.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Mokotow posted:

:same:

latest season seems to have really kicked it into overdrive. Maybe there is a drinking game that could make it more watchable

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

SocksAndSandals posted:

latest season seems to have really kicked it into overdrive. Maybe there is a drinking game that could make it more watchable

drink every time you see a driver crash out in the first corner appear later on in the same race!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

SocksAndSandals posted:

F1 is inherently dramatic, it boggles the loving mind that they feel they need to engineer bullshit stories for Netflix.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Well F1 drama doesn't occur within 5 seconds so you lose the audience if you don't have hard cuts and dramatic music and poo poo.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sebastian-vettel-bathurst-las-vegas/ posted:

“I’d rather go to Bathurst!” Vettel said when asked about Las Vegas, smiling as his comments drew a big cheer from the audience.

“Take the cash we’ll take to Vegas and invest it in great tracks that already exist. That would be a real challenge. I think that track is a monster.”

Vettel has yet to turn a wheel at the Bathurst circuit but revealed it is on his bucket list.

“I’ve never been,” he said. “But one day I hope to go and experience it.”

Vettel also revealed he is not a fan of Las Vegas and smiled when asked for his opinion on Formula 1 heading to Nevada.

“To be honest, I’ve been to Vegas,” he said. “I didn’t really like it. I think it’s too busy and people misbehave.

“Nothing against misbehaving, but it’s just when you go too far. Vegas seems to be a hotspot for people who just go too far – when it’s not funny anymore.”

Is there anything he's not correct about?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Lmao

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Ricciardo needs to get replaced by Gasly at McLaren, and then actually talented australian driver Piastri can drive for alpha tauri like god intended

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

So easy to be a Seb fan

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

From out of the basement,
a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.
If anyone here plays Gran Turismo 7 and doesn't look at the thread in the games forum, I made everyone's favorite F1 sponsor a livery for the SF19:

Complete with number 8 for our boy, The Phoenix.

It's for the Honda engine model only, but you can grab it here.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Thanks Ants posted:

that it would be possible to race F1 at bathurst

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

He's about 5 years behind the cool posters in this thread, but better late than never.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Steven

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

VelociBacon posted:

This is why it's popular in the states I guess. Nothing else would get traction.

I've been throwing on a couple old seasons of survivor while working and it's loving insane how good the first season is but then all the Americans say it's bad because it doesn't have fifty different gimmicks and ear deafening musical cues to tell you drama is happening lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dynamite Dog posted:

that it would be possible to race F1 at bathurst

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

You're all cowards, you can drive an F1 at Bathurst, I'm going to do it in sim later today and screenshot my time for you.

I also think it would be a bit like Monaco, not sure how many passes you'd see and probably 3 red flags per race (Latifi then Tsunoda after the restart then Stroll several laps after the next restart with perfectly warmed tires).

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Yeah, there probably wouldn't be much passing at Bathurst as it stands. They could add an obvious passing opportunity by reconfiguring that chicane on the back straight or getting rid of it and tightening up the last corner, but that would never happen. The whole mountain section would obviously be a no passing zone for F1 cars.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

a pipe smoking dog posted:

The year is 2022 and Schumi's brain is entirely dead. Well, not entirely... one indomitable brain cell stills holds out...

gently caress yeah the deadspace movie

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

brake magic...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

marshalljim posted:

Yeah, there probably wouldn't be much passing at Bathurst as it stands. They could add an obvious passing opportunity by reconfiguring that chicane on the back straight or getting rid of it and tightening up the last corner, but that would never happen. The whole mountain section would obviously be a no passing zone for F1 cars.

F1 at Philip Island might also be a bit of a problem for passing (a lot of fast sweepers which are not great for dirty air) but it would be amazing to see how fast F1 cars could go on that circuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Alright here's the video of the bathurst lap, I think it'd be amazing to watch now that I've driven it for several laps. This is in iRacing, using the merc W12 from last year, soft tires and wasn't really actively managing the hybrid deployment. Did a 1:35.94 and I think the actual drivers would be closer to a 1:25 in last year's cars. I think in the current gen cars it would be a lot of locked up big diameter wheels hitting walls.

The video quality sucks from the export from the sim, and I had to split it up because imgur doesn't let you upload videos longer than 1min but here you go:

https://i.imgur.com/T8zYSac.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/Ssoz8tv.mp4