Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

acksplode posted:

FYI Shredder's Revenge is from Dotemu, who published and helped make Streets of Rage 4.

loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

External Organs posted:

Interesting as I'm pretty sure this is a totally new game!

Turtles in Time was real

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Tayter Swift posted:

Turtles in Time was real

Xbox thread, 4pm

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
CoD games need a grapple gun like that one in BF2042, grapples make everything better.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

priznat posted:

CoD games need a grapple gun like that one in BF2042, grapples make everything better.

Grappling around in Halo Infinite looking for collectibles was some of the most fun I've ever had in a video game.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Modern Warfare 2 singleplayer looks great but the news about Warzone was disappointing. I'm sure it's popular (I thought Apex Legends was undisputed BR king for a while now?) but I hope they have traditional multiplayer which is solid and has some good maps. The reveal has me wondering if I should check out the last Modern Warfare but the multiplayer looked awful and Warzone looks terrible. Might check some video reviews and see if it's worth putting on wishlist for whenever it goes on sale.

Street Fighter 6 is looking excellent too, I think what stands out most is the backgrounds look like such an improvement over how terrible they were in SFV. Apparently the story/time is now set after SF3 so I hope we see more characters return from that. I know the whole roster already leaked (lots of nerd rage about Cammy wearing leggings) but they'll obviously go crazy with DLC so it would be good to see. Clever how they worked stages from SF3 into the open world portion of the game as well, the billboards have me wondering if Hugo and Mike Haggar will be DLC characters, and they've hinted at Abigail as well.

Routine not being vaporware was a huge surprise and there's a lot of sci-fi games announced. Callisto Protocol looks amazing and that new Aliens game seems like it could be fun as well. I want to be excited for Warhammer Darktide since the gameplay looks fun but all the Warhammer games have pretty bad reviews on the Xbox Store and it's the same dev making this one. I hope it's good because it looks like a fun co-op shooter but I nearly grabbed the discounted Space Hulk during the recent sale before diving into the reviews and learning just how busted it is (which sucks because it looks amazing).

Lots of Xbox announcements during State of Play & Summer Game Fest so excited to see what's announced during the actual Xbox event. Really hope that Hot Wheels DLC for Forza Horizon is real but also makes me wonder if Forza Motorsport will be absent from the show which would be weird but maybe it's going to be a significant reboot and launch with a lot of content? 5 years since FM7 launched.

Also Shredder's Revenge looks incredible (6-player looks hilarious) and someone mentioned the same devs made Streets of Rage 4, is that worth picking up?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

Also Shredder's Revenge looks incredible (6-player looks hilarious) and someone mentioned the same devs made Streets of Rage 4, is that worth picking up?

I mentioned the connection specifically for hype, SoR4 was a 2020 GOTY contender in my book. Good art, excellent music, stellar gameplay that balanced series legacy with modern improvements, tons and tons of replay value. If anyone can make a Turtles game that surpasses the old ones it's them.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Don’t worry about dark tide, the vermintide games are ok

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
SoR4 is an all time great.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
SoR4 was great and Turtles looks great, but they just share a publisher, not devs, right?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

GigaPeon posted:

SoR4 was great and Turtles looks great, but they just share a publisher, not devs, right?

I think the story is that the SoR4 team was spread across three different studios, and one of them was Dotemu, who also published it.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Thanks for the replies. Have fond memories of playing SoR with a friend on the Genesis when a kid so I'll grab that for sure.

Good to hear the Warhammer Darktide game will likely be good too, I like how chaotic it gets with the sheer amount of enemies flooding the screen and seems kinda like Left 4 Dead in the 40k universe but with specific objectives thrown in as well to spice things up. Unless I'm forgetting that there were some in L4D too? I just remember going A to B and some panic events scattered throughout.

I just realized as well that Kojima wasn't at the conference. His new game leaked so I wonder if those rumors from way back about him working with Xbox were actually true? If so I hope the leaks that it's a horror game are true and we get something more like PT rather than DS. Could be a great year for horror fans.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SUNKOS posted:

Thanks for the replies. Have fond memories of playing SoR with a friend on the Genesis when a kid so I'll grab that for sure.

I was expecting a cash grab remake that relied on nostalgia but it is really good. Sad it recently left Game Pass. It was my go to podcast game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/kotaku/status/1534699212079828998?s=21&t=TQ3B9Vjc3mPWgpT8pliR8g

another fail from Xbox

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

The perfect epilogue for the kinect.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sounds like he was punished for conducting market research? Real fail of Microsoft to fire him

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Wait is that the guy who was on stage trying to demo what the bottom of an avatar's shoe looked like and gave us body horror simulator when it malfunctioned?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Sounds like a win actually.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

UNO Kinect: After Dark

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

SUNKOS posted:

Good to hear the Warhammer Darktide game will likely be good too, I like how chaotic it gets with the sheer amount of enemies flooding the screen and seems kinda like Left 4 Dead in the 40k universe but with specific objectives thrown in as well to spice things up. Unless I'm forgetting that there were some in L4D too? I just remember going A to B and some panic events scattered throughout.

I just realized as well that Kojima wasn't at the conference. His new game leaked so I wonder if those rumors from way back about him working with Xbox were actually true? If so I hope the leaks that it's a horror game are true and we get something more like PT rather than DS. Could be a great year for horror fans.

Vermintide, the dev's original series, kind of exists close to games like Left 4 Dead, Killing Floor, WWZ, and Payday 2 while still feeling distinct from those games. Its unique feature is the fact that you can play as one of five different characters who are their own class. You can then customize their loadouts with different subclasses, skill setups, and gear loadouts. Darktide will likely play similarly but with a bit more focus on ranged combat compared to Vermintide.

Fatshark tends to make missteps where they worry that their loot system will get broken by players and overcorrect by being stingy with drops. But that problem got fixed pretty quickly with VT2. The games themselves tend to have extremely fun and satisfying combat.

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 9, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

VR/AR seems neat but then you try it and frankly it is just extra work. I just wanna sit in front of a flatscreen like a slug and not have to stand and move around and scrape my knuckles on the ceiling or whatever.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Metal: the Hellsinger is going to be GOTY.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOrMizZJHh4

a Fun little Doomshooter.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SUNKOS posted:

Wait is that the guy who was on stage trying to demo what the bottom of an avatar's shoe looked like and gave us body horror simulator when it malfunctioned?

no that was kudo tsunoda

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i didnt really like the advanced movement it just felt like it was trendy for a little bit because Titanfall was a critical success and they were like "me too"

advanced warfare had some of the best movement in a game since tribes and fuckers like you kept us from getting more

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Titanfail imho. a game the public hated so much that EA killed the entire dev team

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Titanfail imho. a game the public hated so much that EA killed the entire dev team

I dunno didn't they go on to make apex? It's not really my thing but it has some pretty good stuff in it too. Especially the movement!

Maybe different dev team in respawn idk

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they killed them but they came back to life

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Riiiiise from your gwaaaaaves

Respawn, the rare EA studio that doesn't suck tremendous rear end

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I also like movement in my games.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

I also like movement in my games.

I, personally, am not a fan.

Just wanna have a sit with me feet up

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

adhuin posted:

Everybody over here talking about Doom, but this makes me think of Painkiller more than anything

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Incredible.

You managed to scoop univbee on posting this news

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

adhuin posted:

this actually looks pretty bad.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
We're getting game pass announcements and it's not even Sunday. God I can't wait for the Xbox showcase.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Lammasu posted:

We're getting game pass announcements and it's not even Sunday. God I can't wait for the Xbox showcase.

After State of Play & Summer Game Fest already having so much Xbox content I'm really interested to see what they actually show. I'm not sure if I'm confusing this with something else but I think the Xbox show is longer than usual this year as well? Could be the addition of Bethesda though. Since the exclusivity was timed I held off on grabbing Deathloop for PS5 since I figured they'd be announcing the Xbox version this year and maybe have some cool extras for it packaged in but I don't think it got any DLC so I wonder if they'll do much/anything for it at all? They might focus on the other Arkane game.

Speaking of, can anyone here comment on if Weird West is good? I'm a huge Dishonored fan and one of their guys headed development but it seems like one of the core strengths of Dishonored (the amazing level design) would be hard to match with an isometric camera. It's an interesting premise but seems like a more limited version of Dishonored?

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
It's fine, has some neat mechanical stuff but you can kind of see the seams in some of it. My opinion was probably colored by the fact that I used an exploit to have practically unlimited cash, not sure if that's patched by now.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

got COD Vanguard for $20 and lol the disc doesnt even install anything it just downloads 90GB from the store.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

means you’re getting the newest and best version. for only $20 as well. sounds like another W

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
is Layers of Fears grammatically correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lammasu posted:

is Layers of Fears grammatically correct?

Its English, so who gives a poo poo, but yes it is also.