Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nephzinho posted:

Hey guys they announced Silksong right.

Yes I'm playing it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

[b]SILK[/

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm playing Silksong with Hornet, who is real. We're having a great time

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Watch Silksong be a mediocre game when it finally does come out.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
No one who's played Silksong would say that.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Frankston posted:

Watch Silksong be a mediocre game when it finally does come out.

iselda voice: *sigh* daikatana

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The promise has been made. Surely there'll be something next week with the Nintendo Direct. Right? Right??

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Me: oh, some posts in the silksong thread. I wonder what's going on. Oh, I see...speculation that maybe there will be news.

...a few days pass.

Me: oh wow, a ton of posts in the silksong thread. Either there is actual news or everyone is posting nothing to simulate working for the Team Cherry press department (yes I know there are no departments, there isn't any press, either.)

...clicks thread.

lol

The thing about waiting for Silksong to come out: unless you have played Hollow Knight to death, you can just play it again and it is still awesome. And then you get your Hollow Knight fix.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
While the wheels keep rolling
And another milepost gone
All along on the road behind
Oh, can't you hear me calling?
Just like the sad whale song
🎶bapanada🎵

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/cubeapril/status/1535483274805624832?s=21&t=3rs2BbaNrIaNOZplRX0YQQ

April is a friend of mine, lol, she also has 2 kids and I… don’t think she’s joking lmao

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

XBOX TO THE RESCUE!! IT'S HAPPENING!!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Clown noses off goons!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
ITS HAPPENING IM WATCHING IT RIGHT MOW OMFG

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ITS REAL SILKSONG IS REAL

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
WHEN?!?!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
not on the switch anymore

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No release date lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it still exists so i'm happy for now

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
What?

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

GAMES YOU CAN PLAY OVER THE NEXT TWELVE MONTHS.

SILKSONG IS HAPPENING. I AM NO LONGER ENCLOWNED. I AM A RESPECTABLE MAN ONCE AGAIN.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Silksong out within the next 12 months

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

scary ghost dog posted:

not on the switch anymore

that goddamn monkeys paw

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I have never doubted this game is real

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Very cool that I won't be able to play the game I've been excited for for a long time because it's exclusive for *some loving reason*

Actively ruined my mood today

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
it took three years for microsoft to force the silksong devs to void their contract with nintendo. microsoft ftmfw

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No release date lmao

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Flint_Paper posted:

GAMES YOU CAN PLAY OVER THE NEXT TWELVE MONTHS.

SILKSONG IS HAPPENING. I AM NO LONGER ENCLOWNED. I AM A RESPECTABLE MAN ONCE AGAIN.

they showed Silksong BEFORE she said that. I wouldn't count on that

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Very cool that I won't be able to play the game I've been excited for for a long time because it's exclusive for *some loving reason*

Did they say anything about exclusivity?

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

they showed Silksong BEFORE she said that. I wouldn't count on that

*sadly puts red nose back on*

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
PC plz

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Do we know that it's exclusive or were they just showing the various Xbox platforms that it will support? I don't know anything about Plague Tale but I know it came out on PS4 too so I imagine the sequel would.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

They're not going to say it's available on other platforms more than likely on their own showcase. It still said PC so there's that, and it might still be out on Switch, it's just too early to say for real.

I'm sad about no release date but it did look so pretty and only increased my longing even more... I just hope that when it does come out I'm not knee deep in some other giant game.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

man

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

Alxprit posted:

They're not going to say it's available on other platforms more than likely on their own showcase. It still said PC so there's that, and it might still be out on Switch, it's just too early to say for real.

I'm sad about no release date but it did look so pretty and only increased my longing even more... I just hope that when it does come out I'm not knee deep in some other giant game.

Good point. There's a good chance that this clashes with the release of Elden Ring 3.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

yeah it's important to keep in mind that these company/platform directs basically never mention if a game is releasing on someone else's platform. see: every single game in a Nintendo Direct that gets presented with only a Switch release date and then you go to the actual website and the game's ~mysteriously~ releasing on every other platform as well the same day

sadly Team Cherry don't appear to have updated their website in three years, so this particular technique won't work here. but I can't imagine they can just abandon the other platforms given all the kickstarter obligations they keep talking.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
there is no way this is coming out in the next twelve months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/charalanahzard/status/1536034833905745920?s=21

:sweatdrop: