Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

SilvergunSuperman posted:

How was it? I like the sound of that flavour balance.

it was good. i went light on the toppings because of how many there were and they definitely weren't overpowering. a little savory, a little sweet.

a lot of places offer a prosciutto/gorgonzola/pear, and it tastes basically the same if you want to hunt menus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

EightFlyingCars posted:

bet you also don't like pineapple on pizza

Not a fan of it but I'll eat it. Walnuts? Gross.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Made those chicken sandwiches again with the debatably-a-marinade-or-brine mayonnaise method that I mentioned in this thread a while back. It’s become my go-to for grilling chicken because it consistently delivers amazingly juicy and delicious results. This time I used leftover chipotles in adobo instead of hot sauce.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
At church grabbing a pep 'za

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

it's breakfast, but Greek yogurt, oatmeal with cardamom, chia seeds, walnuts, honey, and blueberries

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

runchild posted:

Made those chicken sandwiches again with the debatably-a-marinade-or-brine mayonnaise method that I mentioned in this thread a while back. It’s become my go-to for grilling chicken because it consistently delivers amazingly juicy and delicious results. This time I used leftover chipotles in adobo instead of hot sauce.

Yo hit me with this marinade. It’s finally starting to get summery and I’ll be grilling chicken a lot.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Beastie posted:

Yo hit me with this marinade. It’s finally starting to get summery and I’ll be grilling chicken a lot.

Basically just mix some mayo with whatever seems good. In the example I got the idea from it’s hot sauce and cumin seeds, though I’ve yet to follow that recipe to the letter.

I’m no food scientist, so take this with a grain of salt: mayo is a bit more acidic than you might think, and it obviously has fats, so it’s most of the way towards being a marinade already. It’s pretty much just missing fat-soluble seasonings. Most importantly, the extra fat keeps things nice and juicy as it cooks. It’s obviously gonna add a few extra calories but I think they’re worth it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

runchild posted:

Basically just mix some mayo with whatever seems good. In the example I got the idea from it’s hot sauce and cumin seeds, though I’ve yet to follow that recipe to the letter.

I’m no food scientist, so take this with a grain of salt: mayo is a bit more acidic than you might think, and it obviously has fats, so it’s most of the way towards being a marinade already. It’s pretty much just missing fat-soluble seasonings. Most importantly, the extra fat keeps things nice and juicy as it cooks. It’s obviously gonna add a few extra calories but I think they’re worth it.

Mayo works pretty good as a breading adherent too. Instead of the usual flour, beaten egg, breading process, try just smearing a thin layer of mayo on whatever you’re cooking and applying the breading. It sticks like glue and the extra fat in the mayo helps the breading get real crisp as it fries/bakes.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This thread starting to veer into 50s mom territory, I'm gettin scared

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

po boys and steamed broccoli

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SilvergunSuperman posted:

This thread starting to veer into 50s mom territory, I'm gettin scared

I had a pb&j sandwich and it was very good

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Roast pork tenderloin with onion and diced sweet potatoes, additional side of sautéed spinach from the garden.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Jam - ba - lay - a!

TBH, I'm probably doing it wrong. Most cooking shows I watch on youtube call for making a roux - which I never do. I've been using the same recipe for almost 15 years and it's always worked well.

kmazz
Jun 10, 2022

vipenation 420
Tonight was taco night. Used the Taki's hard taco shells. It was freakin fantastic.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

i made a quiche for my mother's birthday last night. the oven died midway through, but only after the broiler came on for some circuit board related reason.

the quiche was ugly. hideous, honestly, but the interior had time to slow cook before they came over. it tasted amazing.

today there is a new oven. we simply made provencal chicken and green beans. a hearty way to break in a fresh appliance.

tomorrow I believe we will have pan seared scallops and spinach gnocchi with summer squash in a light lime and garlic sauce.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Home made char siu, green beans + garlic scapes with soy sauce/harissa/rice wine vinegar, and threw some pea shoots on for crunch and freshness

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

KitConstantine posted:

Home made char siu, green beans + garlic scapes with soy sauce/harissa/rice wine vinegar, and threw some pea shoots on for crunch and freshness

That looks amazing!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Friend's brother went all out on the catering for his bachelor party.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

a family dish named Gagh

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
After dinner actually, that was grilled chicken but no photos of that.

I had some cream that had soured, that means it's soda bun time. Great way to save otherwise gone bad food.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pork cutlet with vegetables.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Just some deep fried sausages!

French fries too, having a deep fryer is great, but bad.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

since we got a new oven, i tested it with the simple and reliable pepperoni. it's a little hotter than our old oven, so I'll still need a little time to dial in how long to heat the stone and how long to cook the pizza, but having a broiler again definitely helped.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Sausage egg and cheese biscuits

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I am making my own fava bean tofu for dinner tonight. Wish me luck goons.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

shredded mojo de ajo chicken and oaxaca cheese nachos. some serranos chopped up. chipotle salsa cremosa on my side. thanks

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
White people tacos but even worse because I didn’t have much for produce so they were basically just meat, salsa, and cheese.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
This is a scary looking tofu. I am totally taking a picture of this when it comes out of the molds.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

White people tacos but even worse because I didn’t have much for produce so they were basically just meat, salsa, and cheese.

I do that all the time. But only because I don't have a use for a whole head of lettuce when I'm just going to take a slice out of it to shred. I feel like it's a waste.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Grilled pork loin, hasselback potato with a dill yogurt sauce, air fried okra

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
fried some CB (chicken breast) and roasted some broc (broccoli) and also a side of stuff that looks like your yard waste bag after pulling weeds all day (bagged salad from Trader Joes)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
that looks hella good, nexous

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Nooner posted:

that looks hella good, nexous

Hella

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
It was v good. Which is good because my wife is depressed and needed comfort food. First time making hasselback potatoes would definitely recommend.

https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/hasselback-potatoes-recipe/

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

runchild
May 26, 2010

I had fast food Chinese, it was fine. But before that, I had a shower beer after a hard bike ride and that was wonderful.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Jalapeño poppers, but in burger form. Fried jalapeños, bacon jam, cream cheese schmear.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

His Divine Shadow posted:

Just some deep fried sausages!

French fries too, having a deep fryer is great, but bad.

several times a week i send a screenshot from food groups on FB to a friend with a weird way to prepare falukorv, captioned "is there ANYTHING falukorv can't do"

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
a frozen air fried chicken breast sliced up and split between two soft taco flour tortillas with Tillamook shredded cheddar, zesty garlic pickles, and chick fil a sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Peeber