Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Back Arrow was very fun and I await for it to be in a SRW at some point in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if gunxsword can grow and maintain a fairly positive reputation over the years then i'd certainly agree there's room for the same when it comes to back arrow, a show i 1000% prefer but could concede them being of a similar quality.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

The Colonel posted:

Lol Wtf this mean bro... this the anime forum speak japanese

さらに(しかし)「バック・アロウ」は削除すべきだと思います。

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
誰かが私の赤い鉛筆の箱を見たことがありますか?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
seems oddly specific to have a box only for red pencils

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Doodles posted:

誰かが私の赤い鉛筆の箱を見たことがありますか?

いいえ。

憎しみは無関心から来るものではありません。憎しみは逆さまの愛です。だから私とバック・アロウと一緒です。私は、バック・アロウに反対したいとは思いませんでした。それどころか、私はそれを愛したかった。・バックアロウと私は友達になるべきだったし、私だけが選んだ問題だったらそうだっただろう。残念ながら、そうではありませんでした。バック・アロウは元気とエネルギーから始まりましたが、そのすべての美徳を裏切っていました。バカ?私は防御を否定します。正直なオソマツのように、バック・アロウは愚かではありませんでした。バック・アロウはもっと悪い罪を持っています。バックアロウは鈍いです。バック・アロウは、子供たちのように、明るい色と点滅するライトが対話と特徴付けの十分な代替物であると考えることを期待して、そのキャラクターとそのプロットへの勢いに対するいかなる代理人も拒否します。

より良い世界では、これで終わりです。バック・アロウと、マッドサイエンティストの支援合唱団のように可能性に満ちたその恐ろしい概念の浪費は、歴史のゴミ箱に非難されるでしょう。しかし、これは堕落した世界であるため、「ドクター」よりもインテリジェントな作品として「フェイルセーフ」を推し進めようとする人々と同様に、時代の曖昧さを利用して、くだらないアニメをその稼いだ墓から引きずり出す人々がいます。奇妙な愛"。結果として、私たちの子孫が私たちよりも賢明であるように、私のような惨めな若いスノッブ、その失敗を記録するために最後までゴミを見る人々がいるに違いありません。

(ちなみに、ガン×ソードはリリースされたときはささやかな成功でしたが、バック・アロウは大規模なマーケティングの推進にもかかわらず、完全なフロップでした。)

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
this google translate poo poo has got to stop

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

this google translate poo poo has got to stop

Yeah, I was just going to do it as a gag for one post, and I should have stopped there, but it kind of got away from me.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/status/1534679166951510017

they only seemed to grab one show this season so i guess they're saving their money for *throws dart* Bleach this fall

This looks to be written by Tow Ubukata and I do not like most of his work.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

psyer posted:

This looks to be written by Tow Ubukata and I do not like most of his work.

Looking him up...

Psycho Pass season 2.

Yeah, I can see the caution.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

chiasaur11 posted:

Looking him up...

Psycho Pass season 2.

Yeah, I can see the caution.

Also Ghost in the Shell: Arise which... I mean I doubt anyone could follow up SAC given that not even SAC could do a good follow-up to SAC, but still that is not an inspiring work to put on one's resume. He's also listed as the writer for Heroic Age which I watched and remember absolutely nothing about which is also not a particularly auspicious sign.

Not to say it's necessarily fated to be bad, but as you say perhaps some caution is merited.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
2nd Gig is the better season. :colbert:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
im so sorry i made that joke

partially to myself because i tried reading that second post and gave myself a headache

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

chiasaur11 posted:

いいえ。

憎しみは無関心から来るものではありません。憎しみは逆さまの愛です。だから私とバック・アロウと一緒です。私は、バック・アロウに反対したいとは思いませんでした。それどころか、私はそれを愛したかった。・バックアロウと私は友達になるべきだったし、私だけが選んだ問題だったらそうだっただろう。残念ながら、そうではありませんでした。バック・アロウは元気とエネルギーから始まりましたが、そのすべての美徳を裏切っていました。バカ?私は防御を否定します。正直なオソマツのように、バック・アロウは愚かではありませんでした。バック・アロウはもっと悪い罪を持っています。バックアロウは鈍いです。バック・アロウは、子供たちのように、明るい色と点滅するライトが対話と特徴付けの十分な代替物であると考えることを期待して、そのキャラクターとそのプロットへの勢いに対するいかなる代理人も拒否します。

より良い世界では、これで終わりです。バック・アロウと、マッドサイエンティストの支援合唱団のように可能性に満ちたその恐ろしい概念の浪費は、歴史のゴミ箱に非難されるでしょう。しかし、これは堕落した世界であるため、「ドクター」よりもインテリジェントな作品として「フェイルセーフ」を推し進めようとする人々と同様に、時代の曖昧さを利用して、くだらないアニメをその稼いだ墓から引きずり出す人々がいます。奇妙な愛"。結果として、私たちの子孫が私たちよりも賢明であるように、私のような惨めな若いスノッブ、その失敗を記録するために最後までゴミを見る人々がいるに違いありません。

オブジェクトがタイムストリームに入ると、時間はそれ自体を修正し始めます。 この例を使用してみましょう。崖の端にある4つのボールを想像してみてください。 崖に最も近いボールの直接コピーがボールの列の後ろに送られ、最初のボールの代わりになるとします。 以前の最初のボールが2番目になり、2番目が3番目になり、4番目が崖から落ちます。
時間も同じように機能します。

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Omnicrom posted:

Heroic Age

oh dear

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Isn't he also fresh out of jail for beating his wife?

Fangz fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jun 10, 2022

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fangz posted:

Isn't he also fresh out of jail for beating his wife?

No way of knowing the details of the case, but what I can find quickly says he was charged with hitting her once seven years ago, he spent a bit over a week in jail for it, his wife didn't press further chargers so he got out, and she divorced him.

Unless he remarried, it seems like it's at least not a case of being fresh out of jail.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Spring X Season 2022 X The NEW NEW Japanese Language Thread, the one crossover you didn't expect

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

No way of knowing the details of the case, but what I can find quickly says he was charged with hitting her once seven years ago, he spent a bit over a week in jail for it, his wife didn't press further chargers so he got out, and she divorced him.

Unless he remarried, it seems like it's at least not a case of being fresh out of jail.

Someone mentioned that Ubukata got this particular Netflix contract a while ago, though, when the wife-beating incident was still fresh. So, kinda scummy.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

chiasaur11 posted:

I went into more detailed arguments concerning your specific criticisms while the show was airing, and could always do so again...but what would be the point?

Opinions will inevitably differ. Sure, Gun X Sword was better. That said, I don't think commercial success (or lack thereof) means much. It is simply a measure of popularity. Which can only imperfectly reflect how much a given individual (or specific group of people) would be able to enjoy something or not. Many popular shows haven't done anything for me and vice versa.

wielder fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 10, 2022

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

mdct posted:

2nd Gig is the better season. :colbert:

I'll disagree with this, but I also wasn't talking about 2nd Gig.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
2045 has the advantage of being okay. It's not like every other GiTS property where I think it actively sucks. It's solidly All Right. On the high upper side of mediocre.

It sure doesn't compete in the slightest with original SAC, but I don't think SAC is made worse for it existing or anything.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

mdct posted:

2045 has the advantage of being okay. It's not like every other GiTS property where I think it actively sucks. It's solidly All Right. On the high upper side of mediocre.

It sure doesn't compete in the slightest with original SAC, but I don't think SAC is made worse for it existing or anything.

Also not what I said nor what I was implying, and I have literally no idea why you seem to think I was saying that last bit at all. The writer of Moonrise was brought up, people started mentioning their previous works, and my input was that they did Arise which wasn't great but being charitable it looked way worse especially because it was inevitably going to be compared SAC which was such a high note that not even the actual sequel to SAC could live up to it.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Okay, sure, I may have interpreted things wrong, but like what the hell are you talking about if not 2nd Gig or 2045? Solid State Society?
And even if what I was saying wasn't relevant to what you're talking about, why the weird judgmental tone about the things I'm saying? What's the problem with just saying "hey, these were good" when it's tangentially relevant? Relax imo; you're not some conversation overseer.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

mdct posted:

Okay, sure, I may have interpreted things wrong, but like what the hell are you talking about if not 2nd Gig or 2045? Solid State Society?
And even if what I was saying wasn't relevant to what you're talking about, why the weird judgmental tone about the things I'm saying? What's the problem with just saying "hey, these were good" when it's tangentially relevant? Relax imo; you're not some conversation overseer.

I was saying 2045 wasn't as good as original SAC. If I came across as sharp it's because you seemed to be misunderstanding me and taking issue with things I didn't say and don't believe, and no offense but I don't enjoy that.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I might pick up Vampire in the Garden this weekend if possible. Is it the thread's general consensus that it was pretty but the writing was mediocre?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

She's great. I loved her in the light novel but the anime has taken it to the next level.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
No legend of galactic heroes this week? Or is the season over at episode 36 (I guess 12 for this season)

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

SatoshiMiwa posted:

She's great. I loved her in the light novel but the anime has taken it to the next level.

who is she?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

sb hermit posted:

who is she?

Monkey D. Luffy

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Julias posted:

Monkey D. Luffy

no way am I starting one piece

jules, I expected better from you

quote:

oh good, the title says Shokei_Shoujo_no_Virgin_Road

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Julias posted:

Monkey D. Luffy

Pandemonium loves movie so she's totally into the classics!

(Man you know if this was made in the 80's they'd have used monsters from actual other movies)

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
I finished watching the 2nd half of Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 and it was ok. Significant drop in storytelling compared to the GITS:SAC seasons/movie. There were some good bits in it. I did not like the ending and the main conflict with Post-Humans that Section 9 was trying solve in SAC_2045 is weak compared to Laughing Man, Individual 11 and even Puppeteer. The 3D CG was much better in the 2nd season of SAC_2045 compared to the 1st season. However, I think the only "standalone" episode with Batou and bank robbery was the best out of SAC_2045.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

No legend of galactic heroes this week? Or is the season over at episode 36 (I guess 12 for this season)

The "season" was actually just 3 movies cut apart into 4 anime episodes each. The next movie is in October, so we should get more some time after that.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

psyer posted:

I finished watching the 2nd half of Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 and it was ok. Significant drop in storytelling compared to the GITS:SAC seasons/movie. There were some good bits in it. I did not like the ending and the main conflict with Post-Humans that Section 9 was trying solve in SAC_2045 is weak compared to Laughing Man, Individual 11 and even Puppeteer. The 3D CG was much better in the 2nd season of SAC_2045 compared to the 1st season. However, I think the only "standalone" episode with Batou and bank robbery was the best out of SAC_2045.

Yeah I'm about halfway through and it does look a lot better than the first season, but it's still much worse than GITS:SAC. I find Purin pretty irritating and unnecessary.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Trailer for Hataraku Maou S2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxpTh8GKAL4

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

The reason most Ghost in the Shell stuff is bad is because Ghost in the Shell:SAC was good despite the source material and not because of it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Bold choice minimizing the joke big tatty work waifu character, but if Maou's idiot roommates get more screen time then hell yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
don't know if I like the animation style change, but it's gonna have lots of alas ramus and gabriel it seems so I'll give it a shot