Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

this a really loving good episode god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Hello Jeffrey

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

clever episode title

best season yet so far

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I hate all of you who have the episode, I just suffered through two episodes of Kenobi to kill time waiting for it to show up and now I'm out of that too lol

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Lmao that episode 4 is already out in the :filez: wild while I'm sitting here refreshing like a chump.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Screaming Bezos' name out my front door, knowing he can hear me, until I get the episode.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Lmao that episode 4 is already out in the :filez: wild while I'm sitting here refreshing like a chump.

Chumps: Don't cry.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Anecdotally, this thread has done more numbers than the Stranger Things Episode 4 thread in equal time and there's nothing left to talk about there until June.

Where I live (exotic) we have the fourth episode and it’s already June. Brandon’s america is falling behind (I haven’t watched the episode yet)

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I wonder how many people would have to ask Alexa "what's up with Jeff Bezos' weird dick?" for him to hear about it?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I want that Soldier Boy music video. :slick: Also the Russian graffiti / Homelander posters.

Supersonic is absolutely going to be killed by Homelander. Maybe Maeve too. I didn't think it would be this episode though. :rip: Supersonic you died as you lived: without showing us your powers. Also holy poo poo A-Train is pretty irredeemable at this point. Selling Starlight and him out to try and get back into Homelander's good graces.

Dildo fight! Dildo fight!

Homelander making his move. So much for Victoria Newman being Edgar's backup plan. Mr Edgar has some giant loving balls though, talking down to Homelander like that.

"This poo poo is poison Dewey Hughie. You don't want no part of this."

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Serious question, how many of us already have Prime for the household because of the free shipping and shopping benefits and just enjoy the show as a free bonus, and who subscribed FOR the show?

Because I don't know if Amazon prime video has the juice to get people to subscribe just on its own without the main prime benefits.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
I still have prime I need to cancel since I don't use it, I always :filez: the episodes for convenience though

another stellar episode. I have a feeling Homelander will take a hit from feral Soldier Boy's antisupe beam and take a serious injury from it and feeling the first mortal fear of his life will drive him insane. Still remains to be seen if effect is temporary, or requires rejuicing with Compound V. I'm guessing the latter, the Boys will use the temp V to save Kimiko, which she'll probably be upset about

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Serious question, how many of us already have Prime for the household because of the free shipping and shopping benefits and just enjoy the show as a free bonus, and who subscribed FOR the show?

Because I don't know if Amazon prime video has the juice to get people to subscribe just on its own without the main prime benefits.

I dunno the answer but I remember when that lovely hunters Al Pacino show was coming out it was almost every ad I saw online despite me having prime for the year. So they’re definitely dumping money into their service regardless.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
lol owned

Nestharken
Mar 23, 2006

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
I normally don't enjoy extremely topical and heavy-handed social commentary, but they somehow manage to nail it every drat time.

A-Train spoofing that awful Pepsi ad was telegraphed a mile away and I loved every second of it.

It's also great that they're keeping The Deep around just to constantly dunk on him. I'm pretty sure he's the only character who's guaranteed to survive until the final episode because of it.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I loved the piss tape reference.

Good episode. It really feels like the conflict with Homelander has to come to a head soon, because the current situation is so unstable. Members of the Seven can only get murdered so many times.

I wonder if A-Train really sold out Starlight, or if Homelander overheard, and lied to manipulate her. There's a lot of tension caused by the way he can show up unannounced anywhere.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Chamale posted:

I loved the piss tape reference.

Good episode. It really feels like the conflict with Homelander has to come to a head soon, because the current situation is so unstable. Members of the Seven can only get murdered so many times.

I wonder if A-Train really sold out Starlight, or if Homelander overheard, and lied to manipulate her. There's a lot of tension caused by the way he can show up unannounced anywhere.

On your second point, I was wondering the same thing, since Starlight would play the pop music to keep their conversation from being eavesdropped, but Supersonic didn't seem to take that precaution.

RIP Supersonic too pure for this world. I expected him to last a little longer.

One comics-related Easter egg I didn't expect was Jamie the hamster making an appearance.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 10, 2022

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Aren't Amazon friday shows usually out by now in the US on Thursday night? What gives?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Oh my loving God, Marylin McCoo, Kim Carnes, The Oakridge Boys, Waylan Flowers & Madam, and The Solid Gold Dancers.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Good episode, this season so far is a lot more interesting than the last one.

nopants
May 29, 2004
where the gently caress are my boys? this is a bunch of baloney

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Show wasn't up on Prime where I'm at either, but when I looked in various sites it was already uploaded so... you gotta get creative if you don't want to wait for Bezos to sort his poo poo out.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
This is apparently a global issue with Prime Video. I’ve seen people in the UK, Mexico and Australia saying that none of their apps/devices are saying there’s a fourth episode.

I blame Xenomorph Playing Basketball from that DALL•E Mini website.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
jsut read a whole bunch of spoilers from the comics... and well, lol. its really really stupid. pretty much every change from the comics has been for the better

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I went to the trouble of finding the episode through non official means for the first time in a long time. A great episode. Hope it comes out for real someday.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Wtf Bezos you bald rear end in a top hat

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Dongicus posted:

jsut read a whole bunch of spoilers from the comics... and well, lol. its really really stupid. pretty much every change from the comics has been for the better

Absolutely the case for The Boys, just as it was for changes from the books for Altered Carbon.

Though I strongly hope they still meet up with Love Sausage, Hero of the Soviet Union. He’d be an… exceptional ally.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

eschaton posted:

Absolutely the case for The Boys, just as it was for changes from the books for Altered Carbon.

Though I strongly hope they still meet up with Love Sausage, Hero of the Soviet Union. He’d be an… exceptional ally.

He had a cameo last season, in the asylum.

EDIT: finally caught up, and holy poo poo good episode.
My guess is that there is no secret anti-supe weapon, but rather Soldier Boy is the weapon, and his laser blast somehow disables other powers. Which probably explains what happened to Black Noir since he, too, has healing powers; he got hit, got hosed up.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jun 10, 2022

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Great episode, although I'm very disappointed that they didn't take Jamie and make him a permanent part of the team.

Also :filez: always win

Dongicus posted:

I tried the comics after enjoying season 1 so much and yeah, from what I saw they're mostly garbage and trying way too hard to be edgy.

Panic! At The Tesco fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jun 10, 2022

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

drat, went to bed seeing some of you had the episode already. Woke up and it's still not on Amazon. Get your poo poo together, Bezos, you're a mess

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
The scene where Victoria doses her daughter was intensely disturbing, much more so than anything I've seen in the show so far. Jesus Christ, this show man

Mooktastical fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jun 10, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Annie really should have warned Supersonic about A-Train.

Or just, like, tell him he isn't deputized to recruit others. I mean come on dude you see one argument and you think you've got a solid handle on who these people are?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

EDIT: finally caught up, and holy poo poo good episode.
My guess is that there is no secret anti-supe weapon, but rather Soldier Boy is the weapon, and his laser blast somehow disables other powers. Which probably explains what happened to Black Noir since he, too, has healing powers; he got hit, got hosed up.

It's definitely this. I wonder why the Russians kept him on ice for so long.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Looks like it finally loaded

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Nestharken posted:

I normally don't enjoy extremely topical and heavy-handed social commentary, but they somehow manage to nail it every drat time.

A-Train spoofing that awful Pepsi ad was telegraphed a mile away and I loved every second of it.

It's also great that they're keeping The Deep around just to constantly dunk on him. I'm pretty sure he's the only character who's guaranteed to survive until the final episode because of it.

Philsophical question: Is it actually satire if you don't exaggerate or lampoon in anyway? If you just do a perfectly normal recreation of a real thing?

Or does that make it like, meta-satire?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's satire if the context around it makes you aware that it's satire. The content is being ridiculed, but in this case the satire does encompass everything including the PR department talking, the context around the hero doing it, the series as a whole.

Also noticing whether a satire is a satire or not is really dependent on the observer, which, again, reinforces the contextual dependency on it. A classic example is people who don't realize Starship Troopers is satire.

If a satire is too on the nose then it becomes part of a Farce, I think.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Deffo not you know who’s body at the end,way too convenient to be missing a face.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Deffo not you know who’s body at the end,way too convenient to be missing a face.

Yeah it'd be a hell of a subversion of a trope but generally no face means it's not who you think it is, from Mulder to Adam Jensen's girlfriend etc.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Eh, though that was the perfect way for Supersonic to go tho. He's too nice and dumb to last on this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
What exactly is drummers boy power? Has he even done anything yet except dance?