Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

cruft posted:

GDI BWBD post a photo

I will I'm gonna go take some glamour shots in the same place I photographed the Mach.

PenisMonkey posted:

What’s the trap speed?

Usually about 115 IIRC.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I forgot did you get a Performance? My friend is still waiting for his Model Y Performance.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah, Performance, red, black interior, no FSD.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

bird with big dick posted:

Yeah, Performance, red, black interior, no FSD.

how soon do you plan on replacing the wheels with aftermarket?

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Yeah, dump those ubertubrines ASAP before the potholes destroy them (you can probably sell them for close to $4000), get some tsportline 18" instead and enjoy the extra comfort, extra durability, faster acceleration and +7% range bonus. Or if you are okay a much less common appearance, grab the fastwheels ev1+ with the aero covers and the range bonus is closer to 10%.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

BWBD POST PHOTOS

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

cruft posted:

BWBD POST PHOTOS

Of the car. You gotta be specific in this thread.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ok Comboomer posted:

how soon do you plan on replacing the wheels with aftermarket?

Either immediately, or when the tires wear out. I haven't decided for sure. Probably immediately if I can find a buyer for the 20s for a decent price.

Couple little things I noticed. When you're using cruise and tap the brakes to turn off cruise the Tesla basically says "This guy probably just wants to turn off cruise and doesn't actually want full regen immediately" which is absolutely true for me for the entire time I've been driving. The Ford gave you full regen immediately (when in 1PD mode obv) so I got used to turning off cruise with the button rather than tapping the brake pedal because the braking in the Ford was just too strong/abrupt for me.

I like the Teslas little honk when you walk away to let you know its locked. It's very brief and not that loud. Ford goes too far in both directions. IIRC it does nothing (except fold the mirrors) when you walk away using PAAK so my wife was constantly looking back and yelling "Did it lock itself Bird? Did it? Jesus Christ I can't loving tell, is it locked, Bird?"

And then they also go too far in the opposite direction with the two huge honks that wake everyone up in a 100 yard radius if you open and shut a door while it's still running.

Ford's system of button outside and lever inside is still superior to Tesla's button inside and lever outside.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Thanks for the suggestions guys! Yeah, my plan is Monday and Friday on site and the remainder telework, which would give a fair amount of time to wrangle charging in between. There are sporadic other charging stations around too. I’ll think about it more once I actually move and start routinely doing this commute.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Boy howdy that's a nice looking automobile.

It's not blue, but nothing's perfect.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

I guess it's the current fashion but the wagon wheels don't do anything for me other than wondering how much bank the owner is sinking into tires.

But that car is really very pretty.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Velius posted:

I’m relocating to a new city ...

Quite a few EF will do you well, but is there really no charging option at home? That's what makes all the difference, however slow it is.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Ola posted:

Quite a few EF will do you well, but is there really no charging option at home? That's what makes all the difference, however slow it is.

I’m renting a townhouse for a year - I’m assuming connecting an EV charger is probably not allowed in the lease but haven’t looked. I guess I could ask!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Velius posted:

I’m renting a townhouse for a year - I’m assuming connecting an EV charger is probably not allowed in the lease but haven’t looked. I guess I could ask!

Are you paying electricity? Because if you are there’s travel chargers that will plug to an outlet and let you slowly charge. I’m in a similar situation where I can’t install a charger right now and I’ve made do with a reduced charge on a travel charger for months now. I get about 45 miles overnight which just so happens to be my commute. And that’s just 12 hours or so of slow charging.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Holy poo poo one of the local dealers actually has pictures of a Lightning (Lariat) in their showroom.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Velius posted:

depending on which state there's various laws that may or may not apply to you on requiring EV charging to be available

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Velius posted:

An Electric Fehicle, as I've decided to spell it above, consumes less electricity than you might think. Clear it with whoever owns it, if you go in twice a week you need just regular household power to charge your commute, even if it is a bit far.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Velius posted:

Does the garage have any outlets that aren't just standard 3-prong 15A? If so, you could assume that you can plug an EV charger into that outlet unless the lease explicitly forbids it for some reason (which would be weird). There are EV chargers for pretty much every plug type in existence. 14-50 outlets are pretty commonly found in garages, the last townhouse I rented had a dryer in the garage plugged in to a 14-50 outlet; you can easily piggyback off of that. A 14-30 outlet would also be plenty.

Getting a new outlet installed, or getting an EV charger hard-wired into the panel, would probably not be something you could do. But you could check

Even 20-amp 3-prong outlets are common and would be enough for most people's EV use so long as you plug in daily.

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 10, 2022

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Evil_Greven posted:

Holy poo poo one of the local dealers actually has pictures of a Lightning (Lariat) in their showroom.

Lots of dealers are getting demo units that can’t be sold for a period of time.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Either immediately, or when the tires wear out. I haven't decided for sure. Probably immediately if I can find a buyer for the 20s for a decent price.

Couple little things I noticed. When you're using cruise and tap the brakes to turn off cruise the Tesla basically says "This guy probably just wants to turn off cruise and doesn't actually want full regen immediately" which is absolutely true for me for the entire time I've been driving. The Ford gave you full regen immediately (when in 1PD mode obv) so I got used to turning off cruise with the button rather than tapping the brake pedal because the braking in the Ford was just too strong/abrupt for me.

I like the Teslas little honk when you walk away to let you know its locked. It's very brief and not that loud. Ford goes too far in both directions. IIRC it does nothing (except fold the mirrors) when you walk away using PAAK so my wife was constantly looking back and yelling "Did it lock itself Bird? Did it? Jesus Christ I can't loving tell, is it locked, Bird?"

And then they also go too far in the opposite direction with the two huge honks that wake everyone up in a 100 yard radius if you open and shut a door while it's still running.

Ford's system of button outside and lever inside is still superior to Tesla's button inside and lever outside.

Is your spoiler coming off yet? If not it will, get some 3M adhesive glue and be ready to glue it back on when it starts to come off. It's like the #1 most common issue with the P series cars and all Tesla does is replace the cheap tape it's stuck on with and you'll be back in a few months to have it reattached.

Eyes Only
May 20, 2008

Do not attempt to adjust your set.

cruft posted:

That's much higher than I've ever seen. My rule of thumb on road trips is that sentry mode uses 1% every 3 hours.

Just chiming in to say I've also experienced about 8%/day with sentry mode on.

With it off It's about 1% per 3-4 days, but can be as much as 1% a day if you're neurotic and wake the car up often using the app.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Velius posted:

If there is a driveway or even better a garage and there is an outlet of any type somewhere within 20 feet, you can charge an EV there.

Now it might be worth replacing said outlet with a more sturdy high quality commercial outlet just to ensure better contact since it will be operating at peak load for hours/days at a time, but doing that is very simple and inexpensive ($20-30).

Also many states have laws that mandate if a renter requires EV charging the landlord has to allow its installation.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Stupid question but the Model 3 is not supposed to have an (up/down) adjustable headrest, right?

Like I found a video of a guy doing it, but you're not supposed to do it, there's only one set of detents (all the way down) and the only way to "adjust" it once it's clicked into those detents is to pull the fabric away and poke around in there with a screwdriver, right?

Because mine wasn't clicked into those detents and the bottoms of the headrest posts seem like a critical part of holding the seatback trim onto the seatback because without them the seatback kept detaching. But I think it's fixed now.

mattfl posted:

Is your spoiler coming off yet? If not it will, get some 3M adhesive glue and be ready to glue it back on when it starts to come off. It's like the #1 most common issue with the P series cars and all Tesla does is replace the cheap tape it's stuck on with and you'll be back in a few months to have it reattached.

I think it's okay now but I've got one of these on order to replace it anyway.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

cruft posted:

Boy howdy that's a nice looking automobile.

It's not blue, but nothing's perfect.

Get an eye exam

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I don't think I'll ever like the sneering upper lip flat vertical front bumper but I do like the fastbacky rear end and how much the rear quarters sort of flare out/in.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

TIL people hit their brakes to turn off cruise control

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

TIL people hit their brakes to turn off cruise control

The brake pedal is the only button you can press that affects cruise control the same way in every car. So when I'm in a rental, I absolutely tap the brake to disengage, rather than faff around at 75MPH trying to find where Toyota decided to put "Cancel".

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

It is a piece of poo poo, like the Mach-E GT before it.

Maybe you just don't like cars.

mattfl posted:

cruft posted:

It's not blue

Or maybe it is a piece of poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

YEVPOS doesn’t have the same ring to it

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
There's an accidental EV owners corner in the garage I park in at work, yesterday there was a mach e and an id4 next to the ev6 that's a regular and the ev6 continues to be the best looking

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think the EV6 is pretty great.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

cruft posted:

The brake pedal is the only button you can press that affects cruise control the same way in every car. So when I'm in a rental, I absolutely tap the brake to disengage, rather than faff around at 75MPH trying to find where Toyota decided to put "Cancel".

Also some cars (maybe mostly just older ones) cancelling resets the set speed and resume only works if you disabled the cruise via braking.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think the EV6 is pretty great.

If the EV6 GT (or maybe better yet the Ioniq 5 N) was out and readily available I'm almost certain that's what I'd be trying out now instead of the Tesla but it ain't so I'm not.

Safety Dance posted:

Maybe you just don't like cars.

I love cars I have like 5

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nobody could have predicted this outcome

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If the EV6 GT (or maybe better yet the Ioniq 5 N) was out and readily available I'm almost certain that's what I'd be trying out now instead of the Tesla but it ain't so I'm not.

I love cars I have like 5

If you like cars this much you should marry them

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

lol just checked my dealer and they have a base Wind AWD without the tech package for 62k which is a cool... 12k over MSRP? 10k if it has the tech package and I'm just not seeing itt.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

lol just checked my dealer and they have a base Wind AWD without the tech package for 62k which is a cool... 12k over MSRP? 10k if it has the tech package and I'm just not seeing itt.
I had a local dealer tell me I was lucky they were "only" charging a $5k markup on their AWD EV6 Wind.

I'd like to think this will come back and bite dealers when the car sales bubble inevitably bursts, but that's probably at least a year and a half away and memories are short.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If you like cars this much you should marry them

:iceburn:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

This guy showed up at work today in the Dr's lot

Need to find out who they are ask where they got it wrapped because it's a drat good wrap.

mattfl fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

mattfl posted:

This guy showed up at work today in the Dr's lot

Need to find out who is he and ask where he got it wrapped because it's a drat good wrap.

What if the owner is a she?