Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Racing Stripe posted:

The Capitol Dustups

I hate that this is actually good.

Edit: I think it was Norv Turner who wore the suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Del Rio's risk calculation has always been a bit off, he probably just saw Jan 6 as going for it on 4th down realized

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Racing Stripe posted:

Remember when he wore a suit on the sidelines that one time? That was cool. He should have stuck with doing that.

Edit: maybe that was mike nolan. It was a coach of a team that was bad circa 2008.

They both did it. Nolan was first with the 49ers as a tribute to his father who coached back in the day, Del Rio did it a few years later in Jacksonville although I don’t remember his reason why.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

fartknocker posted:

They both did it. Nolan was first with the 49ers as a tribute to his father who coached back in the day, Del Rio did it a few years later in Jacksonville although I don’t remember his reason why.

Hell yeah, perfect memory confirmed.

Another thing I remembered recently: the "earth wind and fire" running back corps of the Giants. It was Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, and, uh, ???? Not Tiki Barber, right? Also who was earth, who was wind, and who was fire? And why? I'm sure the reasoning was very coherent and in no way a stupid media creation.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Racing Stripe posted:

Another thing I remembered recently: the "earth wind and fire" running back corps of the Giants. It was Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, and, uh, ???? Not Tiki Barber, right? Also who was earth, who was wind, and who was fire? And why? I'm sure the reasoning was very coherent and in no way a stupid media creation.

Ahmad Bradshaw

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The man that brought balance to the force with the Butt Touchdown.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Racing Stripe posted:

Alaois posted:

Ahmad Bradshaw

Yeah, Jacobs was Earth, Ward was Wind, Bradshaw was Fire for the 2008 team after they won the Super Bowl. Jacobs was basically the main big back, Ward would come in after him and go against tired defenders, and Bradshaw was the change of pace back.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
The Washington Testimony

John Keim
ESPN Staff Writer

The House Oversight Committee chairwoman implored Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder to reconsider his decision not to testify at a hearing next week, also saying his reasons for rejecting their invitation were based on inaccuracies.

Chairwoman Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) sent a six-page letter to Snyder's attorney, Karen Patton Seymour, saying Snyder could testify virtually at the June 22 hearing, like NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will do. Maloney gave Snyder a 9 a.m. Monday deadline to change his mind after what she termed were "additional accommodations."

In October, Congress started investigating Snyder and Washington's workplace culture under his ownership, including claims of sexual misconduct. Approximately four months prior, the NFL concluded its own investigation and fined Washington $10 million. Congress, though, opened its investigation after complaints about a lack of transparency by the NFL into what was learned. Attorney Beth Wilkinson delivered her report orally, leading to the initial fine.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...tifying-hearing

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Snyder doesn't want to testify so he can sue later.

Or he doesn't want to incriminate himself.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/MarkMaske/status/1538882080792264705

:lol:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1539601108204675072?s=20&t=pj5bwWSyI1q3r8ZVA8xczA
Thanks for letting us know that, Rog!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Well if that shocked you here's a real monocle-popper

quote:

Washington Commanders owner Daniel Snyder conducted a "shadow investigation" of allegations that he had fostered a toxic work culture within his organization and worked closely with the NFL to monitor and, ultimately, bury the findings from an official internal investigation, according to findings by a Democrat-led U.S. House committee released Wednesday.

The U.S. House Oversight Committee released a 29-page memo on its findings, supported by more than 600 pages of depositions, on the morning that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell was scheduled to testify.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ya I read that this morning and Snyder is pretty much a true cartoon villain at this point.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Android Apocalypse posted:

Ya I read that this morning and Snyder is pretty much a true cartoon villain at this point.

at this point

at THIS point?

bwahahahahahaahaa where have you been for the past quarter century?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Don't forget that Snyder ruined a Park Rangers career to get a better view of the Potomac from his mansion by cutting down 140 protected trees on federal land. He's been a mustache twirling villain for years now.

https://www.sportscasting.com/washi...illion-mansion/

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
You can remind yourself of everything stupid he did up to 2010 here

You can add to the list that he sued the paper for defamation over this article

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fast cars loose anus posted:

You can remind yourself of everything stupid he did up to 2010 here

You can add to the list that he sued the paper for defamation over this article

Been thinking about this article and the incredibly aggressive lawsuit with how Snyder will deal with this stuff.

He went to the damned mattresses over this solely on the picture at the top of the article being antisemitic (and that pic wasn't necessary to be fair...I guess). And he could not address any other point in the article because they were all just true.

No matter what happens he's going to claim to be the victim and he's going to march an army of lawyers out to make everyone as miserable as possible.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Grittybeard posted:

Been thinking about this article and the incredibly aggressive lawsuit with how Snyder will deal with this stuff.

He went to the damned mattresses over this solely on the picture at the top of the article being antisemitic (and that pic wasn't necessary to be fair...I guess). And he could not address any other point in the article because they were all just true.

No matter what happens he's going to claim to be the victim and he's going to march an army of lawyers out to make everyone as miserable as possible.

I refuse to even give him that; it's very obvious he was looking for anything to get at them on. They made you the devil cause you fuckin suck, not cause of your religion, and I bet I'm not the only one who learned Dan Snyder was Jewish from this lawsuit

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh definitely, the ...I guess in there should be read as I guesssssssssss.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Oh I see. Fair enough

Meanwhile not that Congress is usually any good either, but lol

quote:

Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder has refused to accept service of a subpoena to appear before the House Oversight and Reform Committee, a spokesperson for the committee said in a statement Monday.

“Mr. Snyder has so far refused to accept service of the committee's subpoena,” the statement said. “While the committee has been and remains willing to consider reasonable accommodations requested by the witnesses, we will not tolerate attempts to evade service of a duly autorized subpoena or seek special treatment not afforded to other witnesses who testified in this matter. The committee will not be deterred from obtaining Mr. Snyder's testimony, and we remain committed to ensuring transparency about the toxic workplace culture at the Washington Commanders and the NFL's inadequate response."

You can just do that? Just say lol gently caress off I ain't testifying before your committee?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I believe if you refuse to serve a subpoena you could be held in contempt of the court.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

We are famous for enforcing consequences on rich folks in this country.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
The Washington Sub-Poenas.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ena-sources-say

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
It's not too late! The Washington Dirtbags.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1580558680457904128

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Why is everybody out to get this guy?

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

General Dog posted:

Why is everybody out to get this guy?

He covered up/participated in a workplace culture that was incredibly sexist and has some harassment accusations against him personally. He doubled down on a racist team name and logo for a decade plus and only changed it when basically forced to. He is openly hostile to his own fans, and continues to play the three jurisdictions in the team's fan area against each other.

Plus he's supposed to be a dick and just generally unpleasant to be around. Which is the bigger issue for the other owners really. He's not a good hang and they want him out of their club.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Don't forget the part where they misreported ticket sales and stuff for home games. Effectively stealing money from the other owners under the revenue sharing process.

Not as bad as the other stuff, and definitely more hilarious, but it's the thing that the rest of the league actually cares about.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Q_res posted:

Don't forget the part where they misreported ticket sales and stuff for home games. Effectively stealing money from the other owners under the revenue sharing process.

Not as bad as the other stuff, and definitely more hilarious, but it's the thing that the rest of the league actually cares about.

This is worse in the other owners eyes.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

drunk leprechaun posted:

He covered up/participated in a workplace culture that was incredibly sexist and has some harassment accusations against him personally. He doubled down on a racist team name and logo for a decade plus and only changed it when basically forced to. He is openly hostile to his own fans, and continues to play the three jurisdictions in the team's fan area against each other.

Plus he's supposed to be a dick and just generally unpleasant to be around. Which is the bigger issue for the other owners really. He's not a good hang and they want him out of their club.

All the poo poo Snyder has done and he doesn't really try to mount a defense. No, instead he hires investigators to dig up dirt on the league and the other owners. It's the "So I'm guilty as gently caress, but if I go down, you're all going down with me," sort of approach.

A pox on all their houses.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I ask for so little in this life and honestly Dan Snyder spilling the beans on a bunch of billionaires is an unalloyed good so please let at least one juicy thing come out next week when they blast him at the owners meeting

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Clearly the owners are intimidated to have a true alpha in their midst

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

The Washington MadDanS !?!?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Washington Kompromats

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Nobody likes Commanders. If Snyder does sell the team I think they will change it again

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Nobody likes Commanders. If Snyder does sell the team I think they will change it again

I can't imagine the league would let the name change again particularly soon.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
I don't know about that. If the NFL can find a way to send Snyder packing, they might approve a name change to signal a fresh start under new ownership and know that it will bring in more $$$ with a bunch of new merch.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

fartknocker posted:

I can't imagine the league would let the name change again particularly soon.

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you but three things.

Nobody likes the commanders name. It’s been pretty much universally panned.

The logos and merchandise are not really emphasizing Commanders. Hell they could keep the same logo and rename the team without any issue really.

The opportunity of a clean break for a once proud franchise that was historically important does not come often

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I imagine a prospective owner would demand a name change as a condition of buying the franchise.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
The Washington Synderless

The Washington Fire Sales

The Washington Highest Bidders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Washington Halliburtons