Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

It's in early access (aka open public testing). As the game nears completion, it will become full price.

any idea running this on an Intel linux or Mac m1? Finally a game that sounds interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Hero of our time

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Is that a man with 7 large dogs? Without a car???

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Eventually you reach a point where you have enough large dogs that you can use them to pull you places

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

too experimental

a hot dad
Dec 2, 2018
lol i live in Dunedin and the local comments sections are screeching about how riding on the sidewalk is ILLEGAL/the dogs are DANGEROUS/it's the rider's fault for wearing dark clothing

Dunedin's got...okay bike lane connectivity but some shithouse drivers. But we're a college town and there's always a shitload of decent used bikes around, anyway i'm gonna go pick up a hardtail for $50 so my flatmate stops getting parking fines, suck it carailures

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

a hot dad posted:

lol i live in Dunedin and the local comments sections are screeching about how riding on the sidewalk is ILLEGAL/the dogs are DANGEROUS/it's the rider's fault for wearing dark clothing

Dunedin's got...okay bike lane connectivity but some shithouse drivers. But we're a college town and there's always a shitload of decent used bikes around, anyway i'm gonna go pick up a hardtail for $50 so my flatmate stops getting parking fines, suck it carailures

lol i actually posted this on fb, and the first thing i get is "he should be prosecuted for riding on the footpath"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Epic High Five posted:

Eventually you reach a point where you have enough large dogs that you can use them to pull you places

thats just science

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Forget the ebike, this man has a dbike

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

a hot dad posted:

lucky

dunedin's a real cute place, would love to live around there. i don't remember drivers being particularly bad but this was like 10 years ago. then again i mostly stayed at like larnach castle, walked around the downtown area, got some lovely pizza from hell's pizza or w/e it's called, and hit up the beach

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
Dune Din.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"Leftist" carbrain:

https://twitter.com/LeftFlankVets/status/1534688700801724417

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Boywhiz88 posted:

It’s even worse cause it sounds like he had a suspended license and also crashed into more poo poo throughout the day??

oh no its worse, while he was out on bail and had a suspended license he hit a few cars (and they didnt charge him for it). perhaps if they had charged him with that and included in this case they would have put him away for longer but i guess everyone is too stupid on both sides of this problem

spckr
Aug 3, 2014

here we go

mawarannahr posted:

any idea running this on an Intel linux or Mac m1? Finally a game that sounds interesting

no mac version, but it should run fine on linux with proton

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Drive drunk at 10:30 in the morning and kill someone broken down on a bridge? That's fine, we'll let you out and not take away your drivers license, just try not to drive while drinking, please.

https://twitter.com/deniseonKOMO/status/1534993692183830528?s=20&t=eFAwBBG1IgkpseeONlep_g

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

every single day something like this happens in multiple locations all over the main commuter routes into the city. We don't even have an actual rush hour anymore, the roads are snarled from 7 AM to 11 AM and again from 3 PM until 8 PM.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Ham Equity posted:

Drive drunk at 10:30 in the morning and kill someone broken down on a bridge? That's fine, we'll let you out and not take away your drivers license, just try not to drive while drinking, please.

https://twitter.com/deniseonKOMO/status/1534993692183830528?s=20&t=eFAwBBG1IgkpseeONlep_g

quote:

Charging documents show the impact from the collision was so great that the vehicles of both men were flipped upside down.

Shelley was knocked over the bridge and plunged 150 feet to the water below.

Rescue divers from the Seattle Police Department searched for hours before they found his body.

Shelley’s mother was in the courtroom for the hearing. Outside in the hallway, she said could not talk about her loss today. Her son was an EMT who was on his way to work that morning before he was struck and killed.

jfc

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

every single day something like this happens in multiple locations all over the main commuter routes into the city. We don't even have an actual rush hour anymore, the roads are snarled from 7 AM to 11 AM and again from 3 PM until 8 PM.

like I saw someone point out earlier in the thread, by condensing everyone onto a few paths you create a situation where crashes are more likely because more people are on those roads, and when crashes do happen they have a greater impact on people trying to use those paths to travel because they are impacting more people.

This could be solved by making everyone using those paths use a standardized car, preferably something condensed with a bunch of the commuters together in one car, with a bunch of the cars hooked together and pulled by some big truck on a set of rails to vastly lower the chance of some kind of accident

mystes
May 31, 2006

TeenageArchipelago posted:

like I saw someone point out earlier in the thread, by condensing everyone onto a few paths you create a situation where crashes are more likely because more people are on those roads, and when crashes do happen they have a greater impact on people trying to use those paths to travel because they are impacting more people.

This could be solved by making everyone using those paths use a standardized car, preferably something condensed with a bunch of the commuters together in one car, with a bunch of the cars hooked together and pulled by some big truck on a set of rails to vastly lower the chance of some kind of accident
Why would anyone want to invest in sci-fi technology like that when we have practical solutions like hyperloop and self-driving cars?

Apr 7, 2003

Definitely a sane, normal-sized vehicle to be driving around the city

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

the nissan leaf costs $24k

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
people's brains are so hosed that i can't imagine gas prices affecting their vehicle choices. the dude buying a big pickup or jeep with a punisher sticker isn't gonna consider a small car until gas reaches $9,999/gallon

Apr 7, 2003

Polo-Rican posted:

people's brains are so hosed that i can't imagine gas prices affecting their vehicle choices. the dude buying a big pickup or jeep with a punisher sticker isn't gonna consider a small car until gas reaches $9,999/gallon

Truck culture is thoroughly entrenched in the US now in a way it wasn't in 2008. Back then people abandoned gas guzzlers en masse and got into Corollas and Priuses.

Doing that now would be gay, so they're definitely just going to rotate multiple maxed out credit cards while going on the local news to say that Joe Biden is bankrupting them.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Doing that then was gay, which is why we have the truck culture we have now.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Zerg Mans posted:

the nissan leaf costs $24k

How much does it cost to buy a charging station and a house to install it in?

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
I haven't gotten gas since May 15th. It could still be $4/gal here or $10 or somewhere in between. lol

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Weembles posted:

How much does it cost to buy a charging station and a house to install it in?

If you already have a 220 line for you dryer, a few hundred to pay an electrician. The house costs a bit more than that

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Polo-Rican posted:

it's the gas prices that are the problem

but we will surely solve climate change when we can't even get people to wear masks for an issue that wasn't even politicized at the start

Apr 7, 2003

Zerg Mans posted:

If you already have a 220 line for you dryer, a few hundred to pay an electrician. The house costs a bit more than that

I posted my parking situation a few posts up. There's no viable way for me to keep an electric vehicle charged that isn't spending five hours at Sheetz a few times a week.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I posted my parking situation a few posts up. There's no viable way for me to keep an electric vehicle charged that isn't spending five hours at Sheetz a few times a week.

You already do that.

mystes
May 31, 2006

You can charge your ebike inside, actually.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

get a gas generator, idiot

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

The real issue is that a Nissan Leaf is still a car, so it's still a mistake.

The electricians that could install an EV charging station in your garage can also install one outside your house. They'll probably drill a hole through your wall to run the electric cable from your breaker to wherever you want to slap down the charger.

Or just buy an extension cord.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

The electricians that could install an EV charging station in your garage can also install one outside your house. They'll probably drill a hole through your wall to run the electric cable from your breaker to wherever you want to slap down the charger.

Or just don't own a loving car.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
gently caress cars and gently caress electric cars too

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Had a lovely 3 hour ride today. Encourage all in the thread to do it.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

The electricians that could install an EV charging station in your garage can also install one outside your house.

The point is that the "EVs will fix everything" crowd is forgetting that not everyone lives in the suburbs with a house. If you live in an apartment you're at the mercy of your landlord to install something - unless you don't have an off street parking space in which case you're just hosed.

Apr 7, 2003

I'm not guaranteed a parking space in front of my house or even on my block.

An EV is completely unviable for me and for millions of other Americans with similar housing setups.

It's just another bandaid on the actual problem.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

biked to work today it was lovely aside from having to smell car fumes at the points that required me to cross a busy street. imagine if there were no cars and you could just bike directly in the road, with other bike chads, how lovely would that be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

TeenageArchipelago posted:

it's the gas prices that are the problem

but we will surely solve climate change when we can't even get people to wear masks for an issue that wasn't even politicized at the start

eh, yeah point taken, but I think covid got politicized pretty drat early