Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Grendels Dad posted:

Check this out: You can use the correct pronouns even though that person is an rear end in a top hat. You don't need to go all "his this" and he" that" to get back at them for being a violent asshat, it just makes you look like a dick.

Now extend this to other aspects of human relations and you have my take. It's not "defending a person's honor" to point out that accusations aren't evidence and that it's always a good idea to hold your fire until the person is investigated (and they will be). The whole "once a person has sinned they're subhuman garbage who has no right to anything" worldview is a right-wing one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Check this out: You can use the correct pronouns even though that person is an rear end in a top hat. You don't need to go all "his this" and he" that" to get back at them for being a violent asshat, it just makes you look like a dick.

person can mean a man or a woman lol

e: i see where i hosed up. point well made should have put in their

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Now extend this to other aspects of human relations and you have my take. It's not "defending a person's honor" to point out that accusations aren't evidence and that it's always a good idea to hold your fire until the person is investigated (and they will be). The whole "once a person has sinned they're subhuman garbage who has no right to anything" worldview is a right-wing one.

This is what I'm gonna have to disagree with. Why put out any sort of sympathy for a person who has been physically assaulting multiple people on camera? Invading people's homes? This person is hurting people, and while I'm not going to say they are sexually assaulting a minor (though seemingly kidnapping them from their parents would for a non famous person lead you to think the latter is occurring), they should be loving separated from them post haste. gently caress Ezra seriously.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

McCloud posted:

A quick tldr on that: The parents of 18-year old Tokata Iron Eyes (a badass name) are accusing Ezra of grooming Tokata from the age of 12, but Tokata (who identifies as non-binary) said on their instagram that their parents are transphobic, are trying to put them in a conservatorship against their will a la Britney and that they experienced abuse at home hence why they left.

Their mom then responded by making a tweet saying actually, Ezra is in control of the account and that Tokata has no access to a phone, but if Tokata thinks their parents are toxic abusive a-holes it makes sense they wouldn't tell them what their phone number is

Obviously the accusations of grooming are serious, but it isn't exactly a stretch to see how this might just be a case of a queer person supporting another young queer who's from an abusive household with parents trying to control them,

Basically, don't jump to conclusions on this one

I like that you left out that the parents found bruises on Tokata and took them into detox because it doesn't fit your narrative. And that Ezra was giving them LSD. and Tokata didn't have anything like a license, car keys, or bank card.

But sure, let's wait and see because Ezra Miller certainly hasn't done anything wrong before.

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

Timeless Appeal posted:

Ezra is non-binary, please refer to them as a person and use they/them

Historically, like most cultures before 1988, the Lakota did not have a non-binary gender. They did and do have the concept of a "winkte", which traditionally meant a feminine man but has generally been broadened in the past few decades to apply to most gender non-conforming people. The obscurantist way people are talking about this incident - wherein a white man (with a documented pattern of abuse) allegedly abused a Lakota woman - replicates the colonial violence and cultural erasure (genocide) to which the Lakota were historically subjected.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

Historically, like most cultures before 1988, the Lakota did not have a non-binary gender. They did and do have the concept of a "winkte", which traditionally meant a feminine man but has generally been broadened in the past few decades to apply to most gender non-conforming people. The obscurantist way people are talking about this incident - wherein a white man (with a documented pattern of abuse) allegedly abused a Lakota woman - replicates the colonial violence and cultural erasure (genocide) to which the Lakota were historically subjected.

Well this is certainly a post.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

I like that you left out that the parents found bruises on Tokata and took them into detox because it doesn't fit your narrative. And that Ezra was giving them LSD. and Tokata didn't have anything like a license, car keys, or bank card.

But sure, let's wait and see because Ezra Miller certainly hasn't done anything wrong before.

Ah yes my "narrative" of "hey, maybe don't make assumptions when there is a supposed account from the alleged victim calling bullshit, let's wait and see how it shakes out".

Guess you're right, Codependent Poster, let's just listen to the parents and put Tokata in a conservatorship against her will right away, that will obviously be the best thing for her.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Regardless of what Ezra Miller might have done, I think it is high time they got beat up by Elliot Page.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

At very least those parts I mentioned are verified, there are even photos of them together at clubs. There is a lot that isn't 100% confirmed but the minimum stuff that is stands out.

And yeah being an activist doesn't mean you are a good person or not transphobic. I'll wait to see more on that

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chase_Iron_Eyes

The father for the record.

It is when you are talking about a relationship that has been going on since one of them was *12*. An adult being a 'hang out' friend with a 12 year old is uncomfortable even before you add in 'hollywood actor with record of violence'- to the mix.

Speaking as someone who lived through such behavior I find it terribly familiar sounding and that is why I think it is a serious issue.

That's fair. My concern is that Tokatas voice gets lost in the media circus and assumptions being made. Like I said before, grooming/abuse victims defending their abuser is not uncommon, and this needs to be investigated, but I'm also concerned this might be a case of parents finding new ways to abuse their child since they're out of reach. Neither of the alternatives are mutually exclusive, but with conflicting accounts I don't think it's a radical position to not make assumptions, especially not considering how media can distort things in the name of ratings

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

McCloud posted:

Ah yes my "narrative" of "hey, maybe don't make assumptions when there is a supposed account from the alleged victim calling bullshit, let's wait and see how it shakes out".

Guess you're right, Codependent Poster, let's just listen to the parents and put Tokata in a conservatorship against her will right away, that will obviously be the best thing for her.

Hmm yes. Summarize the article but leave out the parts that put Miller in a bad light and then immediately go to the extreme about taking all of Tokata's rights away. No bias in your recap of that story at all.

And let's not make that huge leap that Ezra Miller, who has assaulted at least 3 people, hasn't assaulted Tokata when they said they found bruises.

Better defend that person who took a 17 year old to London and furnished them with LSD, and who paid for their college, and started this relationship when Tokata was 12. That's all super normal behavior and not at all like grooming and brainwashing.

But no, McCloud, you better immediately jump to saying that it might be their parents are terrible people.

How about the fact the court has granted the parents a protective order, but nobody can locate Miller to serve it?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Hmm yes. Summarize the article but leave out the parts that put Miller in a bad light and then immediately go to the extreme about taking all of Tokata's rights away. No bias in your recap of that story at all.

And let's not make that huge leap that Ezra Miller, who has assaulted at least 3 people, hasn't assaulted Tokata when they said they found bruises.

Better defend that person who took a 17 year old to London and furnished them with LSD, and who paid for their college, and started this relationship when Tokata was 12. That's all super normal behavior and not at all like grooming and brainwashing.

But no, McCloud, you better immediately jump to saying that it might be their parents are terrible people.

How about the fact the court has granted the parents a protective order, but nobody can locate Miller to serve it?

I'm going to "that extreme" because that is literally what is at stake here you illiterate buffoon.

Not only are you taking the parents allegations as facts, you're also outright making poo poo up about the case. The court hasn't granted any protective order, the parents have filed for it, and the hearing on wether or not to grant it is set for next month, which you would know if you knew how to read.

Never mind that Tokata posted a video of themselves talking about how distressing it is to not be believed (you know, like you're doing right now )

It's funny how you're talking about narratives and then immediately make poo poo up to make a narrative.

McCloud fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 10, 2022

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

And for good measure, since I know codependent poster can't read, maybe they can listen instead

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CemF6FtPNI4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Again, this doesn't prove that they weren't groomed/abused, and the relationship with Ezra should absolutely be investigated, but I am more inclined to believe them over anyone else involved in this

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Edit:

Not worth it.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 10, 2022

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

It’s really unfortunate that the posters ITT are the ones who have to decide the fate of Miller and Tokata and apparently in like the next 20 minutes or else maybe everyone could calm the gently caress down and not read each other’s posts in the worst faith way imaginable

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I see closing the Sexual Assault in Hollywood thread just made all those arguments bleed into other threads. Cool.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I apologize. I got angry and shouldn't have responded. I'm done with that argument.

So Thor tickets on Monday! I hope AMC servers actually work this time.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://people.com/movies/parents-claim-ezra-miller-brainwashed-is-on-the-run-with-their-teen-who-responds-in-new-video/

And gently caress off with your condescending attitude, you rear end in a top hat. You're defending a person who was 24 when they started to hang out with a 12 year old.

You know what brainwashing and gaslighting does to a person, right? That the person will say they're all right?

But sure, go ahead and believe someone who was groomed since loving 12 years old that this relationship is fine and normal and that Ezra Miller, habitual assaulter of people, is innocent.

Go gently caress yourself.

Wah wah, the condescending baby doesn't like being condescended to. Maybe next time try to not come off as an rear end in a top hat.

Also I literally said on this very page, in the loving post right above yours, that they might still be a victim of abuse and an investigation is still needed. For those with reading comprehension, this is not a defense of Ezra nor a claim of his innocence, but again you display an absolute astonishing inability to either read or comprehend written statements, because unlike you, I'm actually concerned about the alleged victims wellbeing, while you seem more interested in knocking down strawmen.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Guy A. Person posted:

It’s really unfortunate that the posters ITT are the ones who have to decide the fate of Miller and Tokata and apparently in like the next 20 minutes or else maybe everyone could calm the gently caress down and not read each other’s posts in the worst faith way imaginable

It’s very important that everyone form strong opinions about this situation between a bunch of strangers based on incomplete information.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
This certainly doesn't make me want to be alone in a room with Ezra Miller any less than I already did

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

2house2fly posted:

This certainly doesn't make me want to be alone in a room with Ezra Miller any less than I already did

I mean, are you from Hawaii?

edit: we can still make fun of Miller for that, right?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Press release: as we suspected, Thunderbolts is now on the Marvel slate. Jake Schreier has been attached to direct, Florence Pugh will be returning as Yelena Belova and it's expected that Wyatt Russell will be back as well.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1534997261268099072?t=dUHkjUYsEPQyOHKFMPuiuw&s=19

There's also reports, though I haven't yet seen a reliable source, that Marvel is bringing back Coulter as Luke Cage for the film.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Cythereal posted:

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1534997261268099072?t=dUHkjUYsEPQyOHKFMPuiuw&s=19

There's also reports, though I haven't yet seen a reliable source, that Marvel is bringing back Coulter as Luke Cage for the film.

I read that initially as "Jason Schreier," the video game journalist, and was both confused and intrigued.

Though looking Jake Schrier up, he directed both the really excellent Robot & Frank (can't recommend that movie enough) and a few episodes of Brand New Cherry Flavor, so definitely a fan of his. Though I'm sure none of that will come through in a Marvel movie.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

How is this a "Top Secret" what's bottom secret?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Upsidads posted:

Ant-Man’s contingency for Thanos.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Upsidads posted:

When they introduce Iceman in the X-Men.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Upsidads posted:

LOL I was wondering the same thing.

ooooo...a TOP SECRET MARVEL MOVIE you say? What's that? Oh.

Thunderbolts? Well poo poo.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

The_Doctor posted:

:hmmyes:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Thunderbolts is Suicide Squad (marvel remix) right?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

well why not posted:

Thunderbolts is Suicide Squad (marvel remix) right?
Kinda sorta in that they're a superhero team of villains. They were originally a team of legitimate bad guys posing as superheroes, but they've changed over time. Different iterations have had different takes on them with many of them slowly becoming legitimate heroes and at one point being more like Task Force X as a government sponsored team of baddies.

I think the original premise was pretty different than Suicide Squad.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

The_Doctor posted:

:dadjoke:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It's gonna be absolute garbage.

Their only chance of being all right is if they let Wyatt grow a The Thing beard, but they won't.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
If you wanted someone to be a Good companion for your young child, surely you could do Better Than Ezra.

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018

AlternateAccount posted:

If you wanted someone to be a Good companion for your young child, surely you could do Better Than Ezra.

not okay

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Chairman Capone posted:

I read that initially as "Jason Schreier," the video game journalist, and was both confused and intrigued.

Though looking Jake Schrier up, he directed both the really excellent Robot & Frank (can't recommend that movie enough) and a few episodes of Brand New Cherry Flavor, so definitely a fan of his. Though I'm sure none of that will come through in a Marvel movie.
Robot & Frank is great, and up till this moment I thought it was directed by Christopher Ford. Whoops.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/06/court-unable-to-locate-ezra-miller-cannot-serve-papers

Ezra remains at large

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

They move so fast, they're invisible and unserveable.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Meanwhile, Michael Keaton is reading the news thinking, “They put me back in that goddamn rubber suit for nothing.”

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Splint Chesthair posted:

Meanwhile, Michael Keaton is reading the news thinking, “They put my stuntman back in that goddamn rubber suit for nothing.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/spiderverse/status/1536324894216146945?s=21&t=SwD9CP-O2tLkxlGgv6TtEw