Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Black Widow had a script?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Black Widow had a script?

That part is discouraging.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

live with fruit posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/THR/status/1535018810234884105

I'm surprised this isn't going to be a TV show. No cast announced yet.

I liked Robot & Frank, so i'm cautiously optimistic.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
There's also reports, though I haven't yet seen any from a credible source, that Marvel hired Coulter to reprise Luke Cage in Thunderbolts.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Cythereal posted:

There's also reports, though I haven't yet seen any from a credible source, that Marvel hired Coulter to reprise Luke Cage in Thunderbolts.

There's also a lot of speculation about Bucky being in it.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

live with fruit posted:

There's also a lot of speculation about Bucky being in it.

So, Winter Soldier, U.S. Agent, Yelena Widow and Luke Power Man. Seems like a punchy, ground-level team so far. I could imagine Wanda for Flying Skybeam person but she dead (apparently).

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Everyone posted:

So, Winter Soldier, U.S. Agent, Yelena Widow and Luke Power Man. Seems like a punchy, ground-level team so far. I could imagine Wanda for Flying Skybeam person but she dead (apparently).

The other reported people for it are Ghost and Zemo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cythereal posted:

The other reported people for it are Ghost and Zemo.

Zemo's got to be an absolute lock for it considering his role in the comics

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Everyone posted:

Wanda feels like they would just spend the whole time writing around her being absurdly powerful compared to the others (They write Bucky pretty strong I guess, but on paper he'd fit in with a bunch of brawlers)

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

luke seems like a weird fit for that team even given the way that series ended. everyone else being mentioned has been a genuine antagonist at some point

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Abomination has to have good odds considering that this is announced right before Roth rejoins the MCU. And House if Harkness is coming. Presumably SWORD or someone has Agatha.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Idk who the Thunderbolts would even be fighting. Also, the timing for them seems off. Their time should’ve been after the snap but right now the Avengers losses have mostly been replenished.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Firebert posted:

Idk who the Thunderbolts would even be fighting. Also, the timing for them seems off. Their time should’ve been after the snap but right now the Avengers losses have mostly been replenished.

Presumably they're more black ops.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

double negative posted:

luke seems like a weird fit for that team even given the way that series ended. everyone else being mentioned has been a genuine antagonist at some point

When he was in the team in the comics he was the leader and the one who was doing it as a job to try and help the other members reform if I recall, no electric collars or bombs or whatever.

I'd imagine if they do bring Luke Cage into a thing, if it's not his own new series explicitly continuing from series 2 of the Netflix thing then they'd just ignore the end of that, then if they later decide to go back and continue that they'd just have it be set it in the past and resolve it in a way that'd cleanly let him be in the state he is in the present of the MCU.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

thebardyspoon posted:

When he was in the team in the comics he was the leader and the one who was doing it as a job to try and help the other members reform if I recall, no electric collars or bombs or whatever.

I'd imagine if they do bring Luke Cage into a thing, if it's not his own new series explicitly continuing from series 2 of the Netflix thing then they'd just ignore the end of that, then if they later decide to go back and continue that they'd just have it be set it in the past and resolve it in a way that'd cleanly let him be in the state he is in the present of the MCU.

It'd be weird to bring in a character who's brand new to a lot (most?) viewers to lead the team. Especially since what you described sounds like Bucky.

Assuming Walker's on the team, it's already going to get a lot of whining from people who resent having to watch the D+ shows.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Doctor Strange is sort of already in "you need to watch D+ to understand part of Wanda's motivation territory" but that's not really new character based unless you consider the kids. Most of the cast is already known to the audience from prior films. Thor and Black Panther will likely blow past any D+ stuff so you won't have this tested until maybe Ant Man or Captain Marvel 2 presuming Ms Marvel and Monica star in it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's called The Marvels now and they definitely do

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Finally sat down and watched the first episode and wow, the style of this thing is just so damned charming. It's very Scott Pilgrim/Mitchells vs. the Machines and I dig it a lot.

I also think Kamala's dad rules. Big Hulk!

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Firebert posted:

They have? Sure Sam Wilson is the new Captain America but

Iron Man: Dead
Black Widow: Yelena will apparently be in Thunderbolts
Hawkeye: Maybe, but Kate might also hang out with Yelena in Thunderbolts
Hulk: Sort of doing his own thing
Thor: in space

as for the "runner-up" Avengers:

Wanda: "in a bad place to be an Avenger"
Vision: finding himself?
War Machine: still around
Falcon: promoted to Captain America and hasn't been replaced
Black Panther: Chadwick Boseman is dead and unlike Star Wars the MCU apparently isn't into necromancy
Spider-Man: probably out of the picture
Ant-Man: possible but also doing his own thing with quantum stuff

Honestly, I don't think the Avengers are really a thing anymore as an actual team since Endgame.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wong's putting a team together, Avengers are out and Defenders are in

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Rarity posted:

Wong: We''ll need to put a team together. War is coming. I can feel it.

Katy: Karoake too, right?

Wong: Well, hell yeah, karaoke's coming. No team will be without that.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Turns out the director did Lodge 49, which seemingly confirms Russell.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Who will fill the superhero void left by the great Kingo?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Rarity posted:

It does make sense for the Sorcerer Supreme to commission a team called “the Defenders”. I don’t give a poo poo about being “comics accurate” as long as everything jives in-universe.

Well, wait, wouldn’t Wong be more likely to form the Marvel Knights?

Edit: I mean Midnight Sons. Marvel Knights was the sub imprint.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Wong, Carol, Bruce and now Shang-Chi and Katy are some sort of team.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Everyone posted:

Wong: We''ll need to put a team together. War is coming. I can feel it.

Katy: Karoake too, right?

Wong: Well, hell yeah, karaoke's coming. No team will be without that.

Carol : did someone say Kareoke? Do you have any Lita Ford?

Rhodey will be back with the Armor Wars series.

Yelena is in a weird place because yea comic wise she'd go with the thunderbolts, but show wise her chemistry seems like it would make more sense with something with Kate, who I would think would not join a group like the Thunderbolts. Though it would be easy to have her go " wait what the gently caress are we doing?" And break away.

And yes gimme Songbird and Moonstone.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I'd rather see Yelena and Kate leading the Young Avengers.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just give Kate and Yelena their own movie, they can carry it :colbert:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

live with fruit posted:

I'd rather see Yelena and Kate leading the Young Avengers.

I'd be up for that, as long as there is a running gag about people looking at Yelena and going, "Young Avenger? Really?"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Marsupial Ape posted:

I'd be up for that, as long as there is a running gag about people looking at Yelena and going, "Young Avenger? Really?"

idgi

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Marsupial Ape posted:

Maybe her and Falcon, Jr. can form the Young Adult Avengers.

It's a weird mix cause Kate seems too old for Ms. Marvel and Patriot and they're too old for Young Loki and the twins.

live with fruit fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 10, 2022

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

If you’re old enough to rent a car, you’re way too old to be a Young Avenger.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
If Vision and Kang can be Young Avengers anyone can.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Yalena is definitely young compared to some of the original avengers like Downey, Ruffalo and Renner.

Pugh and Steinfeld were both born in 96 too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hate to break it to you all but early to mid 20s is still considered young

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I've wasted my life.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Marsupial Ape posted:

I've wasted my life.

Not an empty quote

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Marsupial Ape posted:

It does make sense for the Sorcerer Supreme to commission a team called “the Defenders”. I don’t give a poo poo about being “comics accurate” as long as everything jives in-universe.

Well, wait, wouldn’t Wong be more likely to form the Marvel Knights?

Edit: I mean Midnight Sons. Marvel Knights was the sub imprint.

Marvel is still set on using "Defenders" for the Netflix show team. Disney+ even puts all of them under that category when you look through all the Marvel stuff.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

I hope when they do iron heart for the young avengers. They don't water down how much of an achievement it is to make an iron man suit. It's gonna give me a big ol frown if they slap that together in a weekend in a cave with a bunch of scraps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Tye only odd thing is America being 15 so the friendship with Kate would be a bit odd.

But she could be bffs with Kamala, which would be pretty cool.