Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
Is that a new record for shortest tenure on the Seven? Or are we counting blindspot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Something to do with sound and waves?

He is Super, and his power is sonic.

His old name was Drummer Boy.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

also the dildo fight scene was *chefs kiss*, especially when it cuts to the dude on the floor with a dildo sticking out of his neck, still vibrating.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I could have done without the scene of Ashley and her underling. Too close to the comics tone of "absolutely everyone is a sex obsessed maniac"

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

text editor posted:

I'm guessing the latter, the Boys will use the temp V to save Kimiko, which she'll probably be upset about

Butcher only had three doses, they are all gone.

Back in the hideout, during the aftermath of the dildo assassination I thought "I swear to god if they fridge Kimiko I am going to shake with impotent rage and keep watching this garbage, but I am going to enjoy it less" and then, welp.

Has any other show moved at this breakneck speed?
Also, all those more or less sublte jabs at recent/current events like the Pepsi spot, the mention of a "nothingburger" are :kiss:

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 10, 2022

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

PostNouveau posted:

I could have done without the scene of Ashley and her underling. Too close to the comics tone of "absolutely everyone is a sex obsessed maniac"

Lol the comic is worse by a country mile,snorting queen maeves vaginal mucus anyone?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Lol the comic is worse by a country mile,snorting queen maeves vaginal mucus anyone?

I was worried when Little Nina showed up, but so far she is horny, not outrageously horny

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Moist, no. When dried out and powdered? I am open to the depravity. :colbert: Maeve is a fine specimen.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

PostNouveau posted:

I was worried when Little Nina showed up, but so far she is horny, not outrageously horny

as soon as i saw the dildo cabinet i was like "how is this going to get back to nina somehow? she was a dumb part of the comic anyway they did right using her in name only really.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

mcbexx posted:

The scene made it appear he only used a half vial and put the other half back

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I want that Soldier Boy music video. :slick: .

You ask, Vought delivered
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=li2WDMgHxD0

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

What exactly is drummers boy power? Has he even done anything yet except dance?

Super strength and a 'sonic clap' according to some on-screen text when his blurb was given for the reality show.

E: I just want to add, I loved that confrontation between A-Train and Deep. They're such dumb assholes and think they each have a smoking gun over the other.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 10, 2022

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
They're both loving morons who think they've accurately ascertained "oh, if we whisper, Homelander won't hear us despite being thirty meters away"

Just like Supersonic saying "what if he hears you?" then wisely...waiting until the elevator had fallen another ten floors before blabbing

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Yeah they're total dumbasses. If my enemy was invincible, could laser me to bits and had super hearing, I'd be loving terrified of saying anything anytime lol.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

text editor posted:

The scene made it appear he only used a half vial and put the other half back

I got that feeling as well, although it would be narratively very strange to have Maeve go "here you go here's 3 doses" and then they do it 3 times and still have some left over.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Or that she can get more.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Yeah they're total dumbasses. If my enemy was invincible, could laser me to bits and had super hearing, I'd be loving terrified of saying anything anytime lol.

A huge premise of an early season 1 episode was that they had to go to extreme lengths to keep things hidden from Homelander, including a massive explosion in Frenchie's warehouse to distract him. You think playing some pop music or going down an elevator is going to stop it? If he's trying to listen in or watch, he's going to be able to.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The way everything was set up I felt that Butcher puking directly into Hughie's mouth accidentally gave him powers that he's only just discovering, instead of stealing a shot.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Shima Honnou posted:

The way everything was set up I felt that Butcher puking directly into Hughie's mouth accidentally gave him powers that he's only just discovering, instead of stealing a shot.

Same but if it’s only temporary V and so much time has passed since gunpowder…..

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

That A-train ad made my stomach clench lol

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 31 hours!)

episode 4 was pretty good. the first 3 felt like a waste of time to me and i was losing interest in the show but some stuff finally occurred here.

homelander feels like a threat again after being sort of ruined in s2, but in a different way from s1. in s1 there was some hilarity and glee around his shittiness, but now he's just horrible down to every single line he says. so it would a good idea to either kill him at the end of this season, or at least fundamentally change the dynamics (ie, remove his powers for a season or something) if they really want to keep him around for the entire run.

i think the show would be better if frenchie and kimiko were killed off. kimko has good fights but her character is now so anti-the show that she's a drag, and at this point i'm skipping any scene where frenchie is the focus. a-train and the deep are both pointless now but they are at least kind of funny sometimes. frenchie's just a complete void of interest for me.

it was nice to get a scene of maeve this episode. she's a lot more interesting than some of the poo poo they've been focusing on. i wonder why she's only had 2 scenes this entire season so far, other than the in-story idea that she's laying low.

i am guessing the 3 vials maeve gave butcher is more like 12 doses or something because it seems like butcher would be adamant about keeping at least 1 for the eventual homelander confrontation rather than just juicing up for every job.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Can't see Kimiko dying without that whole singing bit paying off in one way or another.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Like I said before, Ashley the Vought publicist is Homelander's soulmate from hell. Showrunners, please get that character hooked on V24.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Can't see Kimiko dying without that whole singing bit paying off in one way or another.

yeah me neither. for all the show's obscenity, it really plays it safe with it's core cast. i don't think they will ever kill off frenchie and kimiko, i just think they should.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love Ashley's suits.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Frenchie's and Kimiko's interactions this ep was like my favorite thing about the episode. I'm on the not killing them train.

And you didn't find anything to like about the first three episodes? What do you like about the show other than winnowing down the cast?

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

mcbexx posted:

Nah, he very clearly doesn't even use close to a whole vial when shooting himself up this episode. They've still got some.

Loved this episode. As much as I love the MCU sometimes it's just too much feel good the light always wins BS. Looking at our current world The Boys is much more realistic about what would happen if people had superpowers.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Deffo not you know who’s body at the end,way too convenient to be missing a face.

It's the hardest part of the body to recreate convincingly. Not showing it could've been just to save some time and cost.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Shageletic posted:

Frenchie's and Kimiko's interactions this ep was like my favorite thing about the episode. I'm on the not killing them train.

And you didn't find anything to like about the first three episodes? What do you like about the show other than winnowing down the cast?

right now i like hughie, butcher when he's with hughie, maeve, ashley, stan edgar, and i want to see the resolution to the homelander storyline along with whatever they have for soldier boy and black noir. the vicky stuff has also been decent, better than i was expecting since i barely registered her last season. starlight's watchable but i would like her to have something to do other than being terrorised by/righteously pissed off at the institutions she repeatedly chooses to be a part of.

kimiko covering her eyes to avoid seeing hughie's dick this episode got a laugh from me. she doesn't bore me the way frenchie does, i just think her whole thing is not really wanting to be involved in this violent world. i don't like it when characters who do not want to be in the story continue to be in it when they don't have to be. so they don't need to kill them but i don't want to watch that kind of equivocating, or things which are tangents and not interesting on their own.

the first three episode just felt a lot like, let's get the boys back together (again), homelander's being a sadist (again), there's some previous era supe causing trouble (again). the actual new stuff, like hughie in vicky's office, just didn't get much time but y'know we can watch the deep be sad about eating fish and a-train flirt with but fail to become a better person for the third season in a row.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Chemtrailologist posted:

It's the hardest part of the body to recreate convincingly. Not showing it could've been just to save some time and cost.

The Amazon X-ray said they created a life-mold of the actor's body, which makes me think it's really him.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
That was a great episode and it makes me really happy to see all the 1* chud reviews whining about the progressive socio-political commentary

Did they ever explain what's up with supe kids? It looks like sometimes they get supe powers and sometimes they don't. I feel like it's inconsistent and none of the characters have ever talked about it, unless I missed something in an earlier episode

Very much looking forward to finding out what happened to Soldier Boy and why he just does one anti-V blast and then casually walks away. Nobody goes after him. They took Kimiko and ran and while I certainly want them to save Kimiko I also feel like Butcher should have gone after Soldier Boy to try to talk to him. I dunno. I trust the writers because they've been batting 1000 this whole time but some of this poo poo is confusing

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I have to say, I really am loving that in this season--for the most part--nothing is drawn out too long and there's no stupid secrets being kept between allies. On any other show, things like
  • Hughie seeing Victoria pop heads
  • Butcher taking the V
  • Hughie knowing Butcher took the V
and more would be half season bullshit of the characters waffling on should they tell their friends important information. But here it's maybe half an episode or a full one and then it's "alright I just need to say what I'm thinking". It's so drat refreshing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Haha this is good.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Did they ever explain what's up with supe kids? It looks like sometimes they get supe powers and sometimes they don't. I feel like it's inconsistent and none of the characters have ever talked about it, unless I missed something in an earlier episode
In the show, Ryan is the only known child to have inherited superpowers solely as a result of a superhuman parent. All the other kids with powers were dosed with V as infants.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

In the show, Ryan is the only known child to have inherited superpowers solely as a result of a superhuman parent. All the other kids with powers were dosed with V as infants.

It's gonna turn out being super is a recessive gene and Homelander will become Liquid Snake.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

So then all the orphans at Red River were injected as infants and accidentally killed their parents when their powers became active? I thought some of them were the kids of supes

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1535275835539718153

Now I'm afraid they'll stretch out the whole Homelander situation, because if he's gone, a lot of the show's appeal is as well?!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Shima Honnou posted:

It's gonna turn out being super is a recessive gene and Homelander will become Liquid Snake.

I kind of want Homelander to constantly get science facts wrong and everyone is too terrified to correct him, except Butcher.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

mcbexx posted:

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1535275835539718153

Now I'm afraid they'll stretch out the whole Homelander situation, because if he's gone, a lot of the show's appeal is as well?!

I'm happy about this but I kinda hope it's the final season. I agree that if you kill off Homelander then the show really has no point because he's literally the final boss and the entire reason Butcher gets up in the morning. I can't really imagine being interested in another full season of Homelander tormenting everyone before people finally step up and fight him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

If they're still loosely using the comics as guidelines, the final season could be about tracking Butcher down and taking him out as he tries and almost succeeds in killing every known superhero left but I feel like that could be wrapped up nicely in the last two episodes of a season and not as its own whole thing.