Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
If eurozone goons are desperate i do have Eurosport access but the commentary is in Italian, which might upset sensitive ears. I tested doing a screenshare over discord and facetime, it worked fine in both cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SlowBloke posted:

If eurozone goons are desperate i do have Eurosport access but the commentary is in Italian, which might upset sensitive ears. I tested doing a screenshare over discord and facetime, it worked fine in both cases.
I was given to understand that the Eurosport race event itself (ie. not the practice and qualifying sessions), you can select any audio stream you want?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I was given to understand that the Eurosport race event itself (ie. not the practice and qualifying sessions), you can select any audio stream you want?

Eurosport proper yes, Discovery+ and other discovery repackages(like the one i use from my ISP at half the price) have usually one language only. The car only feeds usually go up at the start of the race proper, not the FP stints, but this is the first year i sub to eurosport this way so i don't really know.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the road to le mans race was pretty drat good

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Road to Le Mans race 1 just finished up, you should watch it for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbTXB09NH2Y

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Road to Le Mans race 1 just finished up, you should watch it for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbTXB09NH2Y

Fantastic end to that race, excellent GT3 racing. That's going to be huge going into next year. For a short race, it was certainly eventful!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The "Alpine" has just been stripped of 10kw of power, having only been given 7kw yesterday because it did too well in qualifying and there was a danger someone other than Toyota might win.

This is a car in its 5th LeMans in the same spec, they know drat well how quick it actually is, it's just a farce.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The ACO knows who pays the bills.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Farce describes it perfectly.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Thought it was spelled France

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

net work error posted:

Excellent work.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Farce describes it perfectly.

net work error posted:

:france:

-----

News from the annual ACO press conference on Friday, I'll bullet point the details from Daily Sports Car:

• New generation LMP2 cars from 2025
  • GTE Pro finished after 2022, GTE Am after 2023
  • New GT3-based Am-only GT class from 2024
  • Bahrain signed a deal to continue hosting a WEC round through 2027
  • Still planning to allow hydrogen-powered prototypes from 2025

and also Ferrari teased their hypercar, which is expected to debut testing in a month or so.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

And hidden in that announcement is they'll be BoPing LMP2 as well so they can still pretend they have 4 manufacturers. So expect that class to start being decided in the stewards room the morning before the race too.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

The No. 8 Toyota seems to have had some issues this week and there's always the possibility the No. 7 goes full Bykolles.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The only hope is probably reliability but it depends if they can do what they've been able to do before at this race and run them at 9/10ths to make that less likely.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

The only hope is probably reliability but it depends if they can do what they've been able to do before at this race and run them at 9/10ths to make that less likely.

They were able to win last year while even control-alt-delete'ing every lap or two in both cars, it was incredibly impressive but maybe not as awe-inspiring as Audi changing the entire rear end in 5 minutes.

meanwhile the morning warm-up has seen some absolute scenes, so we'll see what the great race throws us this year. Could be something really weird.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

What is happening to the team who's driver was banned from the race for crashing so much?

Do they have a backup/reserve driver ready to go seeing as it happened so close to the race start?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Is stream discussion off-limits? I just wish I could play this off my XBox in proper surround sound instead of off my laptop in lovely stereo (unless I rewire the entire A/V setup).

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Custard Undies posted:

What is happening to the team who's driver was banned from the race for crashing so much?

Do they have a backup/reserve driver ready to go seeing as it happened so close to the race start?

Nyck deVries was drafted in and completed his required laps in warmup this morning

Parappa the Dapper
Jul 2, 2003

...and then my toast came out soft.

Shumagorath posted:

Is stream discussion off-limits? I just wish I could play this off my XBox in proper surround sound instead of off my laptop in lovely stereo (unless I rewire the entire A/V setup).

If you’re in the US, Motortrend has an Xbox app and free trial. Their coverage starts in 25 minutes.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

CactusWeasle posted:

Nyck deVries was drafted in and completed his required laps in warmup this morning

Oh that's great news!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Parappa the Dapper posted:

If you’re in the US, Motortrend has an Xbox app and free trial. Their coverage starts in 25 minutes.
Canada, but I'm sticking with my tried and true fiawec.com + UK VPN.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Fly it under the Dunlap bridge go on.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is the first year I've been able to watch Le Mans in a long time. Excited about watching it this year.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
someone isn't Penske material

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

fuckin hyped for this :supaburn:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

someone isn't Penske material

Bet it’s Dane Cameron, that horrible rear end in a top hat*

(*this most recent season of Dinner With Racers’ running gag)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Woke up at 6am for this, and it has been worth it so far and the race hasn't even started. :)

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Well that didn't take long.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
someone off at turn zero and glickenhaus jumping turn 1, let's loving go

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Always a good laugh to see a crash on the first turn.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Can’t even get through the first corner clean. Eesh. Looks like the #22 is already in the beach, and a P2 has snapped past the Alpine on the Mulsanne too.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It's really too bad Ford and Aston hosed off so hard GTE Pro is dying.

harperdc posted:

Bet it’s Dane Cameron, that horrible rear end in a top hat*

(*this most recent season of Dinner With Racers’ running gag)
#5 was stalled going into the parade lap.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 11, 2022

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bloopsy posted:

Always a good laugh to see a crash on the first turn.

I feel bad for them. :ohdear: But it also is a tiny tiny bit funny. :P

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

One of the drivers that went off, was hit by another driver.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

#5 was stalled going into the parade lap.

Yes, and Cameron is one of the drivers in that car. (And apparently a nice person, but those jokers got every interview guest to jokingly poo poo on Cameron).

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

One of the drivers that went off, was hit by another driver.

It was the #22 that got clipped on the WEC app feed replay a minute ago, yeah

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The number 31 got a 1 minute penalty, which maybe seems a bit unfair because it was a mistake.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Ant Davidson says the same.

"Nothing should be penalised unless you meant to ram someone" is an interesting sporting approach.

It was a mistake that ruined someone's 24hour on lap 1 because the 31 was trying to win a race on corner 1 of about 2400.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

True, at least the 31 gets to keep going. The other guy cant say the same.