Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Arist posted:

Uhh, is there any evidence of that?

Besides all the fired people? Or that the contract dispute would cover Ezras time of employment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

bushisms.txt posted:

Besides all the fired people? Or that the contract dispute would cover Ezras time of employment?

This just feels like massive speculation to me about things that don't feel terribly related to the issue at hand

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Arist posted:

This just feels like massive speculation to me about things that don't feel terribly related to the issue at hand

All I'm saying is Ezra will fight his movie being cancelled and a calculated risk WB has to be aware of is how bad the Josstice production was. It's speculation but not a stretch to think Ezra won't talk about dealing with stuff including what Affleck has gone on record saying that the younger cast was worried about having no clout to walk off the set with him when poo poo got real bad. WB covered up some heinous poo poo.

Rumor has it the script is even making light of the previous movies so that could also play into it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

On the one hand he's a pedophile groomer, but on the other people might find out Joss Whedon was mean...

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

On the one hand he's a pedophile groomer, but on the other people might find out Joss Whedon was mean...

Yup just those two facts, only things. Joss forced women into sexual positions against their will under threat among other things, but yeah totally the same as something alleged by one party.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This feel like you're more interested in the conspiracy than the actual allegations.

WB sucks but 'they can't do anything because Justice League' is nonsense.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bushisms.txt posted:

I'm pretty sure the only reason WB can't pull the moral clause on Ezra is because the law suit in response brings discovery that covers Josstice production.

Well a moral clause (if they even have one) would be pointless in this case as they can't exactly fire Miller from a movie they've already finished filming. WB isn't going to sue Miller for any kind of production costs since it would require them to actually disclose how much money they spent on The Flash movie, which they definitely don't want to do.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

This feel like you're more interested in the conspiracy than the actual allegations.

WB sucks but 'they can't do anything because Justice League' is nonsense.

If you think a corporation isn't concerned with keeping secrets, then sure, they'll should cancel it and it's strange they haven't when the news is just gonna compound. I'm just offering why I think they won't. They created an entire fake movie announcement just to distract from a no name actors tweets. They know they did some poo poo on the set and it's not out of the realm for that to play into it. Ezra went from Josstice to fantastic beasts then this prolonged flash poo poo, all WB, so it will be relevant for the contract dispute.

muscles like this! posted:

Well a moral clause (if they even have one) would be pointless in this case as they can't exactly fire Miller from a movie they've already finished filming. WB isn't going to sue Miller for any kind of production costs since it would require them to actually disclose how much money they spent on The Flash movie, which they definitely don't want to do.

Do we know how much more of a deal Ezra has, years/pictures?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Please stop arguing with a person that literally is typing out the word "Josstice" and is expecting people to take them seriously.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

X-O posted:

Please stop arguing with a person that literally is typing out the word "Josstice" and is expecting people to take them seriously.

I'm trying to be respectful, why is it wrong to abbreviate the production, when saying justice league is very vague and doesn't delineate when Joss took over and the problems began.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

X-O posted:

You should ban them for that word

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Thor Love and Thunder looks like a lot of fun! Right guys?

Prey looks fun too. Can it actually be a good Predator sequel?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bushisms.txt posted:

There would be zero contract disputes, they wouldn't be fired from a job they already completed and have been paid for. A multi movie contract does not actual compel the studio to make the movies, it only compels the actor to appear in them if the studio wishes it.

Ezra might have points on the gross that they're entitled to, but if the studio pays them what the contract says Ezra would have zero legal recourse even if they're entirely cut from the movie.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm not really sure what secrets they'd be worried about given how public knowledge all the Whedon stuff is, the fact that him or Johns clearly aren't making movies for WB anymore. It's not like Fisher held back, I doubt Ezra is going to bust out some shocking secret that nobody knew and that the higher ups are desperately trying to hide, especially since they're under new ownership anyways.
Is bushisms a Mcleod rereg or something?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Joe Fisto posted:

Thor Love and Thunder looks like a lot of fun! Right guys?

Speaking of Thor, if anyone in this thread hasn't watched Our Flag Means Death (which Taika directs and stars in) they really should. It is a very fun show about pirates (also it is super gay.)

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Speaking of Thor, if anyone in this thread hasn't watched Our Flag Means Death (which Taika directs and stars in) they really should. It is a very fun show about pirates (also it is super gay.)

Oh I need to. It’s on my list.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jamesman posted:

The constant gently caress-ups surrounding DC's movies are far more entertaining than the movies themselves.

At this point they should just release nothing but documentaries about this poo poo. I would watch those. Like, just make more "The Death of 'Superman Lives'" films but for every loving movie to come out since Superman Returns.

A little while back I had an idea for an article to pitch for Den of Geek about discussing/ranking comic movie franchises by how interesting the behind-the-scenes stuff was. Anything that's part of an expanded universe or a series of at least three movies dedicated to an IP (so big stuff like MCU and X-Men or something as small as Hellboy and Punisher).

Then my wife talked me down from it because "interesting" in this context is 99% negative poo poo.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Opopanax posted:

I'm not really sure what secrets they'd be worried about given how public knowledge all the Whedon stuff is, the fact that him or Johns clearly aren't making movies for WB anymore. It's not like Fisher held back, I doubt Ezra is going to bust out some shocking secret that nobody knew and that the higher ups are desperately trying to hide, especially since they're under new ownership anyways.
Is bushisms a Mcleod rereg or something?

Geoff Johns is absolutely still making movies (and TV shows) for WB.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

Geoff Johns is absolutely still making movies (and TV shows) for WB.

He did lose his position at WB where he was basically in charge of DC adaptations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

He did lose his position at WB where he was basically in charge of DC adaptations.

He didn't lose his position. He quit in 2018, before any of the allegations made by Fisher and made his own production company where he's still writing/producing almost entirely for DC adaptations.

It's just weird that people mention him in the same breath with Joss Whedon getting (rightfully) ghosted out of entertainment when absolutely nothing happened to Johns.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Fisto posted:

They got the actors to record a Comanche language version. That's pretty cool.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

So now we have Prey (the game with native Americans and aliens), Prey (the unrelated game with native Americans and aliens that kept the title for licensing reasons) and Prey (the movie with native Americans and aliens).

Edit: nevermind, I misremembered the main character and brother in Prey 2017 as being Navajo.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 10, 2022

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
There's also Prey (the video game with Asian-Americans and Aliens.)

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

There's also a Michael Crichton novel called Prey about nanomachines that go homicidal. I read it years ago when I was a teenager and remember very little. I think I liked it though!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Bruceski posted:

So now we have Prey (the game with native Americans and aliens), Prey (the unrelated game with native Americans and aliens that kept the title for licensing reasons) and Prey (the movie with native Americans and aliens).

Edit: nevermind, I misremembered the main character and brother in Prey 2017 as being Navajo.

There was going to be a Prey 2, where you played a human bounty hunter living on the Dyson sphere. Later on the main guy from Prey was going to show up to help you out.
It got cancelled for the other Prey game. Which was a shame as it looked super neat.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Karloff posted:

There's also a Michael Crichton novel called Prey about nanomachines that go homicidal. I read it years ago when I was a teenager and remember very little. I think I liked it though!

That book hit me right in the paranoia. By the end of it I was so rattled I had to finish the book in the middle of nowhere with nobody around for miles who could sneak up. Fortunately I had that in my backyard.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Edit: missed the mod post, deleted

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 10, 2022

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Bringing it back to comics there is also Prey which was a story arc in Legends of the Dark Knight that modernized Hugo Strange.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
prey could really use a subtitle or a weird stylization like VVItch to help make it easier to find or remember or recognize

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Gavok posted:

A little while back I had an idea for an article to pitch for Den of Geek about discussing/ranking comic movie franchises by how interesting the behind-the-scenes stuff was. Anything that's part of an expanded universe or a series of at least three movies dedicated to an IP (so big stuff like MCU and X-Men or something as small as Hellboy and Punisher).

Then my wife talked me down from it because "interesting" in this context is 99% negative poo poo.

Movies with good behind the scenes stuff: I remember Thor Ragnarock having some fabulous behind the scenes photos come out. I think the Tom Holland Spider-Mans had some feel good stuff, like TH personally calling folks to keep Spider-Man in the MCU.

Big problem is it's tough to separate actual good adventures from marketing pushes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Prey has Amber Midthunder in it and she's fantastic in Legion.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1535442652136472576
Oh, I don't know.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Instead of "stay to the end of the credits" it's gonna turn into "wait for a later release."

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yyynah I'm just gonna watch any extras on youtube

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I didnt have a chance to see it in a big screen.

so, yay :gbsmith:

Edit: I hope it's shown in all states in my country, not just Mexico City, it would suck.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Not seeing that, sorry

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah I even like that movie a lot but I'm good.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

Yyynah I'm just gonna watch any extras on youtube

:hmmyes:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

When they say more fun stuff I assume they mean May will die a much longer, more agonizing death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It'll take 30 minutes of both screen time and in universe time and will involve a lot of groaning and staggering around and they will also visit uncle Ben's grave and she'll talk about how they met and fell in love and how his favorite catchphrase was "with great power there must also come great responsibility" and how would say it all the time to everyone and Peter would be very visibly confused during the whole 30 minutes