Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It’s a bit disappointing that there’s nothing new, but it’s nice to have them in one place and having multiple rookies is great.

Speaking of the Vital Bracelet, what’s the cheapest place to get DIM cards from? I’m getting tired of raising Pulsemons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

man, when are they gonna give Savers Agumon's line a DIM card?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

It’s a bit disappointing that there’s nothing new, but it’s nice to have them in one place and having multiple rookies is great.

Speaking of the Vital Bracelet, what’s the cheapest place to get DIM cards from? I’m getting tired of raising Pulsemons.

I've been getting mine off Amazon for about 18$ USD. They go on sale frequently.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

No kidding. Those live action specials had that kid's Greymon become RizeGreymon, but no DiM has it. Not to mention Tentomon and Airdramon.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Nodosaur posted:

In another world this could've been Oops! All Greymons! And still had enough over for a second all Greymons DIM card.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Sleeping Sigma posted:

So the Vital Bracelet app went down for maintenance and data-miners found 2 "new" dim cards added to it: Dinosaur Roar and Wolf Howl. 100% repeated mons because 17 is the max a card can hold.

I'm guessing it'll probably be retail so people who missed out on the PBandai MBR/TSH set can get the black recolor mons.

Well certainly a lot better than the previous Agumon and Gabumon DIM Cards even if they are on the lazy side

I'm not a big fan of DIM Cards breaking away from the standard format of 1 Child(and Baby 1 & 2), 4 Adult, 6 Perfect, and 4 Ultimate, if mostly because when they deviate away from it they almost always end up with less than the 17 Digimon the standard format uses

Nodosaur posted:

Personally I'd rather see YukiAgumon or ToyAgumon get a DIM Card first(honestly it's amazing we haven't gotten Greymon equivalents for these two considering how long they've been in the franchise)

Also found the Mastemon deck and four packs of New Awakening at Target today

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

Personally I'd rather see YukiAgumon or ToyAgumon get a DIM Card first(honestly it's amazing we haven't gotten Greymon equivalents for these two considering how long they've been in the franchise)

Also found the Mastemon deck and four packs of New Awakening at Target today

Those two don't even have evolutions worth headlining a DIM around. Savers Agumon was the protagonist partner of an entire series.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

WithTheWill translated a couple of VERY old Digimon production documents that have been released in the lead-in to the regretably still being made sequel to DA:LEK:

https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1531731496746176513

It's interesting to see an ultra early anime pitch that sounds closer to Digimon World, and also the character sketch for Taichi and the Robinson Crusoe comparison.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nodosaur posted:

Those two don't even have evolutions worth headlining a DIM around. Savers Agumon was the protagonist partner of an entire series.

That's kind of what I'm hinting at, give them each a DIM so they can finally have full lines, besides it's not like Savers Agumon really has enough evolutions for a full DIM either(unless you do that thing a bunch of the other anime DIM cards do where they cram a bunch of unrelated Digimon from the same show in and that always has lovely results)

Omnicrom posted:

WithTheWill translated a couple of VERY old Digimon production documents that have been released in the lead-in to the regretably still being made sequel to DA:LEK:

It's interesting to see an ultra early anime pitch that sounds closer to Digimon World, and also the character sketch for Taichi and the Robinson Crusoe comparison.

That early series concept is pretty interesting, sounds like it would have been a bit like both V-Tamer 01 and Xros Wars if it had been made

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Omnicrom posted:

Interesting! The early concept is pretty basic, I don’t think the franchise would have blown up the way it did if that was the show we got. Their translator made a little mistake though: the evil group(?) is called Guroana, not Kuroana (black hole). It’s an anagram of Analog (アナログ→グロアナ). I guess maybe Gloana would be a better transliteration?

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Well poo poo, never mind about those new DiMs, they're apparently for an English version release. Black has Pulse City, Blue has Wolf Howl. Maybe there'll be an orange one for Dinosaur Roar.

https://twitter.com/humulos/status/1532014020886134784

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We also got a new Digimon, Espimon, who will have a role in Ghost Game. Espimon's name was leaked earlier as part of the V3 Dim Cards.
https://twitter.com/nagasaaaaa/status/1531893218652004352

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
That sure is a design. I guess it fits in with Gammamon being influenced by space rays, but that design feels tonally weird for the show. Maybe I'll like it better in color. Edit: Now I know what it is, it feels very Appmon-core.

Now we wait to see if Ryudamon or Ludomon was correct for the other DiM in the set.

Edit: New art for Survive from BamcoES:

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 1, 2022

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Blaze Dragon posted:

We also got a new Digimon, Espimon, who will have a role in Ghost Game. Espimon's name was leaked earlier as part of the V3 Dim Cards.

looks like doodoo

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

looks like doodoo

Turn on your monitor

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

He's adorable.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

thetoughestbean posted:

Turn on your monitor

no!!!

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Espimon looks so weird, it's great. I was absolutely expecting something cooler for the new Digimon that's a big enough deal to get its own Dim, but if it is going to be in Ghost Game, being at the point where one of the cast already has their Perfect and the others will probably show up soon, it's easy to get away with (and in tone with Ghost Game) to make new major Child-level Digimon such a weird little guy.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Blaze Dragon posted:

I hope Espimon turns out to be a Digimon that Hiro's dad became partners with while wandering around the Digital world. It'd be neat if GG plays around with the Digimon trope of the latecomer to the main cast by having it be an adult instead.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

amigolupus posted:

I hope Espimon turns out to be a Digimon that Hiro's dad became partners with while wandering around the Digital world. It'd be neat if GG plays around with the Digimon trope of the latecomer to the main cast by having it be an adult instead.

My theory there is that BlackTailmon Uver is Hokuto's Partner, but admittedly it's a pretty flimsy one, so it'd be fine if he ends up with Espimon instead.

Also we have a new Vital Bracelet coming out for the 25th Anniversary:
https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1532169169088573441

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Another version? Hopefully it has some more fitness features and better battery life.
Guess I might get it… you can transfer your tamer data and Digimon from the app to a new bracelet, right?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Blaze Dragon posted:

I love him.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Espimon looks like he escaped from Yokai Watch 3, and I'm there 200%.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hopefully the demo is for every platform and not just a live demo there.
https://twitter.com/digimon_games/status/1532761535591890947

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Really i just want them to put it up on the eshop already so i can predownload it

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

mandatory lesbian posted:

Really i just want them to put it up on the eshop already so i can predownload it

Same.

There’s some promo cards for it too

quote:

Agumon P-079
[On Play] If you have a Red Tamer in play, delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with 3000 DP or less.

Labramon P-080
[On Play] If you have a Purple Tamer in play, delete 1 of your opponent's lv 3 Digimon.

Falcomon P-081
[On Play] If you have a Yellow Tamer in play, 1 of your opponent's Digimon gets -2000 DP until the end of your opponent's next turn.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

amigolupus posted:

Ghost Game 27: What I like about this episode is that it manages to have a sense of tension running throughout it. We've seen people die over the last few episodes and the intro shows that the woman disappeared somehow after being attacked by the water, so you feel really worried that the RA for Hiro's dorm will bite it. Then there's how Splashmon has captured both BetelGammamon and TeslaJellymon, leaving you wondering how in the world these kids will get out of the predicament now. Even if SymbareAngoramon evolved, what we've seen of his form suggests he'd be a physical attacker and wouldn't be much help against Splashmon either.

It really felt like the kids were doomed, so the show bringing back the digital fields was a great way to show that they still exist and that the kids can still outsmart their enemies. Ghost Game does a really good job in not having the kids just stand around during fights.

My problem is we had the episode where they were freezing and changing to a desert field didn't actually change the temp but now changing to an ice field does

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm trying to Digimon Survive every day of my fuckin life

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ghost Game 28: that went interestingly… I honestly thought by about the halfway mark I knew where the show was going to go and that this was going to be a fairly perfunctory episode, some kind of happy the show can still throw me a curveball.

To begin at the ending, I'll say I'm kind of happy we had another episode with a resolution in the vein of the early episodes with the show ultimately ending nonviolently, it's been a couple months so I'm glad we got a return to the main theme of the series. I also assumed that the episode was mostly here just to do the inevitable Kaus Gammamon to Canoweissmon just to show they could, but then something went wrong and his evolution broke. Is the idea that Canoweissmon's power is still limited until we get the proper, final evolution to him from Gulus Gammamon?

A little bit disappointed there wasn't more to do with Mushmon this episode, but I suspect Angoramon nearly useless this episode may be yet another inciting incident if they end up introducing Lamortmon like I'm really hoping they do.

...Thetismon next episode?

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
We probably won’t get the cards, but I’m at least glad we got confirmation the west is getting the preorder Guilmon.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1534835277746692096

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Oh poo poo, branching champions for Agumon!

https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1535172095272816641

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I think that was already confirmed but hey, visual confirmation is good too

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We knew Agumon had Vaccine, Data and Virus lines depending on your dialogue choices in the game, but this is the first confirmation we've had of any Digimon outside the Vaccine line. Tyranomon is the most obvious choice for Data so I'm not surprised, but I am glad, Tyranomon is good. We've seen Triceramon playable so I'd imagine that's the Data Perfect, but it's unconfirmed. Virus I'd imagine Greymon (Blue) > MetalGreymon (Virus) > BlackWarGreymon or Greymon (Blue) > SkullGreymon > Mugendramon, the latter could be neat if I'm wrong about the Adult.

We also got a brand new trailer which I hope gets translated because it has a lot of story which sounds very cool but also I do not understand Japanese. It does show gameplay too though, including evolution and recruiting Mercenary Digimon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d6mKKZdfCY

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
It also shows the other partners getting at least some branching with Dracmon having two possible Megas.

https://mobile.twitter.com/XboxMemesBR/status/1535204948719321088/photo/1

Kunemon’s champion possibly confirmed?

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 10, 2022

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

about time Cyclomon got a starring role in something.

Good to know best boy Tyrannomon is in the game

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Since Morality and Harmony are kinda similar it was hard to tell which would be which, but today's Japanese PS Blog confirms that:

Morality = Vaccine evos

Harmony = Data evos

Rage = Virus evos

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 10, 2022

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Pushing for the virus line to end with machinedramon, one of my fav monsters

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Pushing for the virus line to end with machinedramon, one of my fav monsters

Machinedramon has been seen as a usable mon so that's probably a safe bet.

More karma info:
Each karma type will have a color that displays after dialogue choices to indicate what kind the choice was. Kinda hard to see in the second image, but you can see the faded text box under the color so the color will appear in the space where the chosen text was.

The chosen line says something like "help Minoru!" so green is probably morality. Edit: Nevermind, the image Onkei translated shows green is Harmony, red is Morality(weird), and yellow is Rage. I wonder if the position of the choices will always map to the position each karma is on the compass? Top choice is like "we should run away" and left is "let's wait and see".

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 10, 2022

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I'd be pretty happy if the Data line lets us have Rusty.

Also if the game's release meant new Tyrannomon support for the card game, that'd be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

I'd be pretty happy if the Data line lets us have Rusty.

RustTyrannomon is a virus type, so I personally don't think it will unless they re-categorize it.

Fun fact about RustTyrannomon, Watanabe's initial sketch of it was just a Gojulas.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 10, 2022