Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Sleeping Sigma posted:

RustTyrannomon is a virus type, so I personally don't think it will unless they re-categorize it.

And annoyingly Chimeramon is a data type so we that may get in the way of my hoped for Deltamon-Chimeramon-Mugendramon line.

As for Tyranomon they can go Master Tyrano-DinoRexmon if they want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Omnicrom posted:

And annoyingly Chimeramon is a data type so we that may get in the way of my hoped for Deltamon-Chimeramon-Mugendramon line.

Gigadramon could fit that line, though I guess it would lose the theme of them all being amalgamations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Omnicrom posted:

I guess DinoRexmon is an option, yeah. I think it goes MasterTyrannomon regardless of what the Mega is.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

I guess DinoRexmon is an option, yeah. I think it goes MasterTyrannomon regardless of what the Mega is.

MasterTyrannomon is Vaccine (edit: in the reference book, but it's Data in World), so I'm thinking Triceramon is the Data perfect.

Regarding Deltamon, it is in the game, but you cannot see it's health bar to know if it's enemy or player. Since it seems to be attacking Falcomon it may be a recruitable and not an Agumon form.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 10, 2022

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Sleeping Sigma posted:

MasterTyrannomon is Vaccine (edit: in the reference book, but it's Data in World), so I'm thinking Triceramon is the Data perfect.

Regarding Deltamon, it is in game, but you cannot see it's health bar to know if it's enemy or player.

I mean, I guess? The problem is, what's the point of choosing Tyrannomon for the Adult stage if you aren't going to go down the Tyrannomon line beyond that?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

King of Solomon posted:

I mean, I guess? The problem is, what's the point of choosing Tyrannomon for the Adult stage if you aren't going to go down the Tyrannomon line beyond that?

Tyranomon is part of the very first batch of Digimon in the entire franchise, much like Agumon and Greymon, and has been the face of the franchise for the 20th anniversary. It has significant value for the franchise outside of being a Tyranomon. It's also very physically similar to Agumon, even as a child I thought it was a logical evolution (admittedly influenced by getting it in Digimon World, but still).

Tyranomon > Triceramon > (a bunch of different possibilities) also gives a pretty direct dinosaur line with no random changes.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

It could still do that. :shrug:

I'm just making assumptions based on the Karma system mapping to specific attributes. If Harmony=Data and the champion is a Data type shouldn't the Perfect and Mega be Data as well?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

Tyranomon is part of the very first batch of Digimon in the entire franchise, much like Agumon and Greymon, and has been the face of the franchise for the 20th anniversary. It has significant value for the franchise outside of being a Tyranomon. It's also very physically similar to Agumon, even as a child I thought it was a logical evolution (admittedly influenced by getting it in Digimon World, but still).

I feel like this is all the more reason not to just include Tyrannomon as a single stage. It's BECAUSE Tyrannomon is important to the franchise that they should go down a dedicated Tyrannomon line.

Sleeping Sigma posted:

It could still do that. :shrug:

I'm just making assumptions based on the Karma system mapping to specific attributes. If Harmony=Data and the champion is a Data type shouldn't the Perfect and Mega be Data as well?

Yeah, it's reasonable. I dunno, I'm probably making this out to be a bigger deal than it actually is.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Tbh just make the other tyrannomons data ingame, the only people who care will be yall

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm more worried about the Virus line being the Vaccine line but blue/black instead of something genuinely cool (SkullGreymon and Mugendramon both canonically come from Agumon, don't waste that!) than about the Data line being or not being a bunch of Tyranomons to be perfectly honest.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm more worried about the Virus line being the Vaccine line but blue/black instead of something genuinely cool (SkullGreymon and Mugendramon both canonically come from Agumon, don't waste that!) than about the Data line being or not being a bunch of Tyranomons to be perfectly honest.

I'm concerned about both, but more resigned to the Virus line just being the Blue/Black Vaccine line.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
BlackTyrannomon is a possible virus type evolution, although I’d expect Greymon (Virus) before that

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Kinda hoping DarkTyrannomon-MetalTyrannomon-Mugendramon.

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Edit: Nevermind, the image Onkei translated shows green is Harmony, red is Morality(weird), and yellow is Rage. I wonder if the position of the choices will always map to the position each karma is on the compass? Top choice is like "we should run away" and left is "let's wait and see".

In the original TCG, Battle Type A was Red, B was Green, and C was Yellow, which mapped initially to vaccine-data-virus in that order (but that broke down after the first few sets), so that might be the association.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
If we weren't getting Guilmon as the pre-order bonus I would have been pulling for Growlmon->WarGrowlmon->Megidramon for the virus line despite being ridiculously unlikely.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
If machinedramon is the virus mega they're definitely doing skullgreymon as the ultimate, double definitely if the virus alignment is "rage"

i think i said it before, but my hopes are on azulongmon for the data mega

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Assuming no new Digimon (please new Digimon) I'd guess something like:

Greymon - Metal Greymon - War Greymon (bog standard)
Tyrannomon - Master Tyrannomon - Dinorexmon (Dinosaurs!)
Deltamon or Tuskmon - Skull Greymon - Mugendramon (Dinosaur into iconic baddie Digimon)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

If we weren't getting Guilmon as the pre-order bonus I would have been pulling for Growlmon->WarGrowlmon->Megidramon for the virus line despite being ridiculously unlikely.

Agumon into growlmon offends me but thinking about it growlmon is just edgier tyrannomon in a lot of ways haha

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
The real galaxy brain move would be slipping the Veedramon line in somehow.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

mandatory lesbian posted:

Agumon into growlmon offends me but thinking about it growlmon is just edgier tyrannomon in a lot of ways haha

I mean Guilmon is, like, canonically in the tamers universe Takato's Edgy Agumon OC Donut Steel

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The Golux posted:

I mean Guilmon is, like, canonically in the tamers universe Takato's Edgy Agumon OC Donut Steel

No stop please, i never thought about any of this but its completely correct and im going to die

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

:laugh:

yeah, i just started watching it and thought that was both a funny and frightening note to start on

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You can tell Takato is an Adventure fanboy because he thinks Agumon is the strongest. Child, do I have lots of lore for you.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Blaze Dragon posted:

You can tell Takato is an Adventure fanboy because he thinks Agumon is the strongest. Child, do I have lots of lore for you.

Takato is smart enough to realize most all of the lore in the profiles for various Digimon that talks about how strong they are is a giant pile of contradictory nonsense that should mostly be ignored by any sane person

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

drrockso20 posted:

Takato is smart enough to realize most all of the lore in the profiles for various Digimon that talks about how strong they are is a giant pile of contradictory nonsense that should mostly be ignored by any sane person

Godmon in profiles: GODMON IS THE HIGHEST POWER WHO CREATED ALL THAT IS AND CAN UNMAKE IT WITH A THOUGHT
Godmon in the anime: gets punked by a small dinosaur in episode 3

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Takato smartly didnt post on digimon forums and so only knew about the shows and games

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

mandatory lesbian posted:

Takato smartly didnt post on digimon forums and so only knew about the shows and games

He's also a Japanese kid from 2001 without a computer. I imagine he doesn't know what an online forum is except in the loosest sense.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Which Digimon protagonist is most likely to be a poster?

My guess is Kiyoshiro is deep in a number of fandom forums

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ruli is canonically a poster

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Adventure 20 Koushirou also says he spends a lot of time on forums, and three of the four initial protagonists of Appmon are an SNS savvy idol, a big-name YouTuber, and a shut-in hacker, I guarantee you that Eri, Astra, and Rei spent a decent amount of time on forums. As for Ghost Game all three of the human leads (and Jellymon) are forumites considering Hiro also explicitly says he spends a lot of time on urban legend blogs and forums to try and keep up with Digimon problems.

Speaking of Ghost Game 29: Hell Yeah! That was a real good debut episode for Thetismon, and despite being such an incredible dweeb the episode was great for showing Kiyoshiro at his best and his gooniest. I really have to applaud the episode also for it being regular frantic loser Kiyoshiro who saves the day rather than temporarily cool Kiyoshiro, and I also like how having way more reliable and competent friends who are inspiring him is the reason he pushed through the end there. Character development!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

dogsicle posted:

ruli is canonically a poster

She’s an influencer, bit of a different deal

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Relatedly, episode summaries for the next couple weeks:

Episode 30- Bad Influence (June 19)
ExTyranomon and WaruMonzaemon suddenly appear before Kayono Aramaki, a junior high school student who's been skipping school. The two cozy up towards Kayono, asking to play. At first, Kayono is confused, but gradually warms up to them when they turn Kayono's nagging father and homeroom teacher into dolls. As their friendship grows, ExTyranomon and WaruMonzaemon also grow in stature. Kayono's childhood friend, Aoi, visits Kayono's home, but Aoi is also turned into a doll. Ruli gets worried when she suddenly can't get in contact with Aoi, and contacts Hiro to begin a search for Aoi. They find a suspicious Hologram Ghost shaped like a yellow bear and follow it. Meanwhile, Kayono, accompanied by ExTyranomon and WaruMonzaemon, wander through the town, changing people they pass in the streets and people in the park into dolls. They begin to play a cruel game with the dolls.

Episode 31- Tsujigiri (June 26)
A "tsujigiri Digimon" appears, attacking both humans and Digimon left and right with an eerie sword in hand. On the very night that Angoramon learns about it, he runs into the tsujigiri Digimon by pure coincidence. But the truth was that the Digimon wasn't the culprit; whoever holds the sword gets changed into a tsujigiri. When Angoramon touches the sword, he is driven by the urge to slay someone. Will Angoramon be transformed into the dread tsujigiri Digimon?! [Tsujigiri is the practice of when a samurai gets a new weapon or technique, would test it out, often on a random passerby.]

Episode 32- Who Are You (July 3)
The peaceful everyday routine of Hiro's partner Gammamon is slowly disrupted. He's stood up by his friend Gotsumon and Hiro says he saw him in a place where he wasn't supposed to be. Then one day, when he returns to Hiro's room after a day out, he finds another Gammamon there. "I'm Gammamon!" he claims, but neither Hiro, Ruli, or Kiyoshiro believe him. They think the other Gammamon is the real Gammamon. Having lost the place he belongs, Gammamon wanders around in sorrow... The other Gammamon is Betsumon in disguise, whose goal is to take Gammamon's place and together with its fellow Betsumon crew, plans to take over the dormitory. When Gammamon returns to the dormitory, he learns of the Betsumons' plan and tries to tell Hiro about it.

Episodes 31 and 32 might be ones to watch for...

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Something I noticed from the latest episode: Kiyoshiro’s phone has 7G

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Awesome, they finally put Herrismon in an anime (even if it was mostly just a cameo)

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

thetoughestbean posted:

Something I noticed from the latest episode: Kiyoshiro’s phone has 7G

That was there as far back as episode 1 if I remember right.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
I'm relatively satisfied with the episode. It's interesting that Jellymon's personality goes from Gremlin -> Gyaru -> Desuwa. I also hope that Kiyo will be a bit less cowardly from here on. No more "integer overflow"s please.

Also, I was bored so I made quick and dirty edits for what I think are the three most likely options for Survive Agumon's Virus champion. I wanted to get a feel for what the scene might look like. Personally, I'm hoping they keep up the variety by picking one of the bottom two.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 12, 2022

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/Karn_EX/status/1536077646890688526?t=BNg4shXH0V7upM9X3AM7gA&s=19

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

About time too (it’s a good design honestly), maybe next they can actually let him do something

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

how popular was ReArise outside of jp?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I need someone to screenshot every frame of Kiyoshiro's stupid Jojo pose during the Thetismon evolution because that was amazing but also goes way too fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I need someone to screenshot every frame of Kiyoshiro's stupid Jojo pose during the Thetismon evolution because that was amazing but also goes way too fast.

Here you go:

I hope they pick better questions for this than the ones from Digimon Con.
https://twitter.com/digimon_games/status/1536385421302693888