Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Growing your nose to spite your face? Feminism is lying about trans people being human beings and their nose is growing…into a fabulous snake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think it's simple as "lying about how lgbt people are human beings will come back and bite you"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"If you pretend that women are equal then you'll set the queers off too and eventually that'll come back on you."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It's pat cross, so it's opposed to feminism generally, and treats the "growth" of other intersectional gender issues as proof of the root poison of feminism. Not sure lying is even considered a part of the metaphor.

edit: Title is "coming back to bite".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah what the gently caress? I did a double take at the artist signature because this is Branco or Garrison levels of just rattling off random right wing talking points under "woke" poo poo that doesn't even need a basis in reality.

The centrists are already coming up with every excuse they can for why the Dems are going to get destroyed in the mid terms. Literally anything except for their own indifference and incompetence. It would be sickening if it wasn't so drat predictable.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Boris Johnson Ukrainian Cossack painting – The PM has been officially inducted into Ukraine’s Cossack community, as two local artists have painted a picture of Johnson dressed as the Cossack Mamay as thanks for his during the Ukraine-Russia war"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson offers mortgage lifeline to struggling first-time buyers

Independent:

Right to Buy extension could erode supply of affordable homes, expert warns

Times:

Evening Standard:

Tube strike: Fresh walkout announced on London Underground; Jurassic World: Dominion movie review - the oldies are the besties

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Angepain posted:

Is it? I took "boutique issues" to mean "caring about human rights" given the general focus of past cartoons and how often "working-class issues" are taken to mean "rampant bigotry because the working class all thinks like me"

Okay yeah, it is likely that "boutique issues" is meant to say that things like trans rights are bad, that is a good point.

However it is true that that Biden is doing gently caress all to help the average person in America, and there have been articles written about how "ultra MAGA" backfired as a slogan and Biden is supposedly pressuring people to come up with better slogans so they'll have a winning midterm message.

So in the sense that "The Dems would rather come up with better slogans than actually help people," the cartoon is still completely correct, even if the cartoon is being lovely about human rights.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The existence of the "Laziest Non-Gorrell" category implies the existence of a "Laziest Gorrell" category

Nomination: Laziest Gorrell

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

FFT posted:

The existence of the "Laziest Non-Gorrell" category implies the existence of a "Laziest Gorrell" category

Nomination: Laziest Gorrell

Gorrell got himself disqualified from the laziest catagory after the 3rd of 4th time he turned in a completely blank cartoon captioned "Obama's good ideas" or something similar.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I dont know posted:

Gorrell got himself disqualified from the laziest catagory after the 3rd of 4th time he turned in a completely blank cartoon captioned "Obama's good ideas" or something similar.

Yeah, that's slightly more effort than what Gorrel is famous for.

Also it doesn't make much sense. Who are the opposition? Who are the radicals? :confused:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Good nomination for Most Incomprehensible though.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Personally I'd like to see laziest be split into laziest art and laziest joke.

Gorrell should be disqualified from both of course.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I dont know posted:

Oh, I know, just doing the "casual sex implies the existence of competitive sex" thing

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

FFT posted:

Oh, I know, just doing the "casual sex implies the existence of competitive sex" thing

Well that one's obvious though, that's how I won sex :grin:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Unexpected support for landback from Stahler.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

“SHELOB” SPINS HER WEB OF LIES

It was difficult for me to watch the carefully crafted circus known as Nancy Pelosi’s select Committee for the January 6 protest. The slick production is nothing more than a third impeachment trial for President Trump–and he’s not even in office. Yet that’s the point of the trial—to keep Trump from winning office once again.

The devious spider known as Pelosi (aka ‘Shelob’) spun her trap for Trump’s supporters. She refused to deploy extra security and instead used a corrupt security agency known as the FBI to make sure the protestors walked into the Capitol building. You can bet the committee won’t mention Ray Epps, ostensibly a Trump supporter, who yelled out at those protesting a stolen election and encouraged them to go into the dome. Many other FBI agents were involved in the operation and set up the legal booby trap. Check out the excellent reporting done by ‘Revolver:’

Epps wasn’t arrested, but too many of those that he encouraged were. They were sent to a terrible prison in the nation’s capitol where they have suffered cruel abuse. Nancy Pelosi likes it that way. She and her Democrats want full revenge not only on Trump, but on all of his supporters. They will soon be referring to the MAGA-minded as ’terrorists.’

The truth is out there, but Pelosi’s committee hearings doesn’t care about that. They care about exacting political revenge.

— Ben Garrison

Did Epps tell them to bring pipe bombs and zip ties, too?

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

I dont understand the Shelob moniker. Is that from something that im missing?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Oh no not frodo

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Oh dear, no. Not the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers. Heavens.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kellies nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

I can't imagine anyone making Nancy Pelosi seem more badass.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

My Face When posted:

I dont understand the Shelob moniker. Is that from something that im missing?

Shelob is the name of the big scary spider that almost eats the main characters in Lord of the Rings.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Vib Rib posted:

Oh dear, no. Not the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers. Heavens.

You forgot poor Frodo. :smith:

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Can't stop laughing at Nancy Pelosi killing Frodo.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Scott Morrison as treasurer in 2018 pushed through three stages of tax cuts for low, middle and high earners respectively, staggered in when they kick in. At the time Labor said they were against Stage 3 but passed the legislation anyway to get the other stages through, but now treasurer Jim Chalmers isn't going to stop it and so has to factor it into the budget. The stage 3 tax cut that will send middle earners backwards and give high earners thousands (ABC).

Rowe:

New energy minister Chris Bowen at the top, old energy minister and now shadow treasurer Angus Taylor with Scott Morrison playing cards. Snowy Hydro will not produce power until end of the decade, adding more pain to energy market woes (ABC).

Warren Brown:

Extra staff brought in as thousands experience 'unacceptable' delays in passport processing (SBS)

Knight:

Unfortunately I can't find a non-cropped version. Jacinda Ardern is saying "Hey Albo, you're not gonna continue Dutton's habit of returning my rubbish to me are you, Albo?". Albanese is hiding behind the bin. Albanese vows to reconsider Australia’s deportations rules in olive branch to New Zealand (Guardian)

Moir:

Spooner:

Leunig:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Is.... is this racist?

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Discendo Vox posted:

Kellies nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

I can't imagine anyone making Nancy Pelosi seem more badass.

Nancy Who? He clearly labeled that spider "Ben Garrison"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Are they seriously complaining about aid to ukraine? That's not...how how executive financial control works. I am really starting to hate that cartoonist, that could be a loving Rall toon.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Needs way more $$$s on the last line to accurately make the point it's trying to, imo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Are they seriously complaining about aid to ukraine? That's not...how how executive financial control works. I am really starting to hate that cartoonist, that could be a loving Rall toon.

Oh no, someone is technically incorrect about our country's hosed up system of priorities for spending, better call the cops.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Terrible Opinions posted:

There are still literally thousands of people in federal prison whose only crime was selling weed or having enough on them that it was assumed they were dealing. there is zero reason to not free every single one of them immediately.

Just like that? With the stroke of a pen at the whim of the executive? Without consulting a panel of credentialed experts including representatives of the prison industry with ivy league degrees? What are you some sort of fascist or something?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh no, someone is technically incorrect about our country's hosed up system of priorities for spending, better call fund the cops.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

It is strange how nobody ever trots out How Are You Going To Pay For It when it comes to killing foreigners. Probably a coincidence.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

I've no idea what it means but just look at those guys, they're amazing

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Unkempt posted:

That’s me in the morning, afternoon, and evening

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Walt Handelsman

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Gary Markstein

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Tom Stiglich

Dana Summers

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Kabuki the Movie: January 6th is a show trial aimed at attacking Trump to keep him from running again in 2024.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Frodo learned the hard way that one does not simply walk into the Capitol.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Unkempt posted:

The story behind this appears similarly amazing.

These are three brothers, the last holders of the Earldom of Barrymore (no relation to the acting family). Richard, the one on the left, is the famous one, a really notorious rake. He was known for a lot of wasting money, affairs, bareknuckle boxing, and gambling on things like whether he could eat a live cat. Richard was very popular with period cartoonists as "the rake of rakes" and a representation of dissolute gentry. This article has a number of examples of these cartoons; he was sort of like a Robert Downey Jr of his era, minus the redemption arc. He died at 23 of an accidental musket discharge in the militia where he seems to have purchased a leadership position.

His siblings are a bit more...unfortunate. The one on the right, Henry, appears to have just had a club foot; I can't find much else on him, as he seems to have led a relatively stable life; he died childless, ending the peerage. The one in the middle, Augustus, was a composer and reverend, and is called "Newgate" because he was imprisoned there for debts, and was frequently in debt. This may be related to Richard apparently running up unimaginable costs for the entire family.

This article lays out the family history in greater depth.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jun 11, 2022

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Jesus loving christ, that's clearly just some random person.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

That's some powerful "opposite of reality" energy when contrasted with the cartoon that immediately follows it.

Sorry Wuerker, nobody who wasn't already convinced is going to be by this.