Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

THS2 posted:

how was the election stolen in 2004? genuinely curious

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_United_States_election_voting_controversies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

THS2 posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_United_States_election_voting_controversies#Provisional_and_absentee_ballots

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dammit

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

on the one hand, hanging chads. on the other, searching ballot envelopes for bamboo shards (proof of Chinese interference!!!)

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

2008 saw hillary lose and the republicans lose so it was the only legit election in my lifetime probably

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

fast cars loose anus posted:

Not mine but captures it all well enough

Red shirt guy:

quote:

Cameron Thor is an American convicted sex offender and former actor. He is best known for his appearances in the films Jurassic Park and Hook. In 2016, he was sentenced to six years in prison for sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Put actual powerful people in chains and march them into jail cells and put them on actual trial and actually lock them up. Show actual consequences and from that actually do things for the electorate because part of locking up the "bad guys trying to take over the country" needs to be showing "good guys doing good things for the country".

or (lol) do this (lmao) nothing

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

tangy yet delightful posted:

Put actual powerful people in chains and march them into jail cells and put them on actual trial and actually lock them up. Show actual consequences and from that actually do things for the electorate because part of locking up the "bad guys trying to take over the country" needs to be showing "good guys doing good things for the country".

or (lol) do this (lmao) nothing

what if instead of either, we put on a big song and dance and conclusively proved to everyone that it was actually legal for the bad guys to take over the country, because there is no legal mechanism whereby they can suffer consequences for an attempted coup? would that get you to vote in november?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Stereotype posted:

the actual election fraud in 2020 was in senate races. Republican candidates outperformed their polls by like 20 points, beating their opposition by numbers so large that they couldn’t be questioned. all in states that use electronic voting machines that can’t be audited.

plus the Democratic primary effectively didn’t happen and Biden was just crowned nominee without actually winning anything.

trumps bullshit “stop the steal” was just misdirection.

Remember when democrats spent months screaming that COVID was no big deal and it was everyone's civic duty to go stand in line at the polls because mass mail in voting just wasn't possible, while also threatening any state that wanted to delay their primary to make mass mail in voting possible? And then like four months later the same people were screaming that in person voting wasn't safe and mass mail in voting was the better alternative?

Why does no one trust the integrity of our elections!?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand...ingawful.com%2F

Morbus
May 18, 2004

if you like your bonesaw, you can keep your bonesaw

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nothing develops mutual respect like unconditional surrender.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Antonymous posted:

2008 saw hillary lose and the republicans lose so it was the only legit election in my lifetime probably

Secret Kenyan with a fake birth certificate, not a valid President under the constitution.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

lol why not just start supplying arms to yemeni rebels if we want to get their attention

how is that going to get anything other than "okay whatever thanks"

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

divert all the arms sales from ukraine to yemen

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Trump is going to mock biden mercilessly in 2024 for going and begging at MBS's feet to drill more oil

biden is weak, nobody respects him, if i were president MBS would have been drilling like crazy before i even asked

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1535291954216443910

Both sides agree! it was tough knuckling the saudis down to "we'll forget about the crime we commissioned" but we see eye to eye on it

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the white hand posted:

Both sides agree! it was tough knuckling the saudis down to "we'll forget about the crime we commissioned" but we see eye to eye on it

KSA probably has examples of the US doing the same thing

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Foo Diddley posted:

what if instead of either, we put on a big song and dance and conclusively proved to everyone that it was actually legal for the bad guys to take over the country, because there is no legal mechanism whereby they can suffer consequences for an attempted coup? would that get you to vote in november?

It will get me to vote in November.

But I don't think they'll like my votes :twisted:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I would simply use the vast amount of power that has been surrendered to the Presidency over the last forty years to accomplish things that would make people want to vote for me and my party

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

the white hand posted:

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1535291954216443910

Wow. This has made me very angry. No lols here.

I realize that none of this is new and par for the course, but it doesn't make it any easier. I'm not even sure why it's this in particular for me, besides the fact that they straight-up murdered that reporter. This certainly makes America look piss-weak on foreign affairs as the rest of the world sees the US as a country with no standards or backbone. A man was murdered by an out of control dictatorship and we're just going to let it slide for "peace and stability" like if anyone actually believes this will happen anyway.

Incompetent or ineffectual, our leaders are greedy shitstains and it's because of them we're all screwed.

I hate this loving country.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

DoubleDonut posted:

I would simply use the vast amount of power that has been surrendered to the Presidency over the last forty years to accomplish things that would make people want to vote for me and my party

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Subvisual Haze posted:

Secret Kenyan with a fake birth certificate, not a valid President under the constitution.

Imagine buying into the Kenyan myth when the truth is that he's Indonesian.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

El Diablo Bob O posted:

Wow. This has made me very angry. No lols here.

I realize that none of this is new and par for the course, but it doesn't make it any easier. I'm not even sure why it's this in particular for me, besides the fact that they straight-up murdered that reporter. This certainly makes America look piss-weak on foreign affairs as the rest of the world sees the US as a country with no standards or backbone. A man was murdered by an out of control dictatorship and we're just going to let it slide for "peace and stability" like if anyone actually believes this will happen anyway.

Incompetent or ineffectual, our leaders are greedy shitstains and it's because of them we're all screwed.

I hate this loving country.

Making a big deal out of Khashoggi specifically was always dumb since the Saudis have murdered hundreds of thousands of Yemeni people. People only cared (or at least pretended to) because it was a Real Person in the eyes of the US/West.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Ytlaya posted:

Making a big deal out of Khashoggi specifically was always dumb since the Saudis have murdered hundreds of thousands of Yemeni people. People only cared (or at least pretended to) because it was a Real Person in the eyes of the US/West.

He has the same family name as a bag man for Epstein so the ghouls thought Saudi were on to them and got scared.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Morbus posted:

if you like your bonesaw, you can keep your bonesaw

our allies uh dismembered some folks

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

The sad truth is nobody really cared about Khashoggi, it was just another thing to try and slam Trump and pin him as an enemy of the media and by extension the people. The only consistent principle the US operates on is shamelessly trying to own your enemies using whatever set of corpses come most readily to hand

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

Ytlaya posted:

Like I said, I know it isn't the first or last. I'm really just dismayed about the state of things and how callous and transparently corrupt our leaders are.

It's all so poo poo.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

THS2 posted:

If wikipedia doesn't do it for you here is a very good article:

https://harpers.org/archive/2005/08/none-dare-call-it-stolen/

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

tangy yet delightful posted:

what do you think this is, china?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

1glitch0 posted:

If wikipedia doesn't do it for you here is a very good article:

https://harpers.org/archive/2005/08/none-dare-call-it-stolen/

This is a good article to read

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
it's really funny that the only backlash the saudis faced was like some vague tut-tutting, and it drove MBS so nuts that the US is having to apologize about it

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the democrats will once again try to run as the real party of power and patriotism and the gop will run endless ads about the biden admin absolutely humiliating themselves on the international stage, thus contributing to the dems' impending annihilation in 2022

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

the democrats will once again try to run as the real party of power and patriotism and the gop will run endless ads about the biden admin absolutely humiliating themselves on the international stage, thus contributing to the dems' impending annihilation in 2022

They don't even have to mention it being on the international stage. Ads that are just 30 seconds of gas prices everywhere that week, trackers of COVID hospitalizations that week

Riles up their base while reminding libs nothing's gotten better here despite it being the one thing he campaigned on ("this will be better than the Trump years")

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

They don't even have to mention it being on the international stage. Ads that are just 30 seconds of gas prices everywhere that week, trackers of COVID hospitalizations that week

Riles up their base while reminding libs nothing's gotten better here despite it being the one thing he campaigned on ("this will be better than the Trump years")

biden campaigned on the promise that if he won then trump would not be president anymore

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I watched bitter lake again today. and then kitty history because it just hit right.

I reccomend anyone who hasn't done so to do so

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

cagliostr0 posted:

Imagine buying into the Kenyan myth when the truth is that he's Indonesian.

../the Jakarta Method????

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

mawarannahr posted:

../the Jakarta Method????

Lol