Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Neito posted:

Jesus loving christ, that's clearly just some random person.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature.
Eh, not going to say it ain't bad but I can get they were going for mixing Carter and Biden together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Once again Horsey wants to hug and kiss the cops.

quote:

A mechanic who biked to work and picked up his or her limited repair skills from a YouTube video would not be anyone’s first choice to do an automobile repair.

That is a metaphor for the Seattle City Council members who, in response to protests during the summer of 2020, vividly displayed their amateurism and ideology as they leaped in to tinker with the police department. As customers of city services, we are paying for it now.

Trying to appease activists calling for defunding of the cops, all nine council members and Mayor Jenny Durkan approved a scheme to pull Parking Enforcement Officers, as well as 911 dispatchers and other emergency services, out of the police department. Thanks to bureaucratic screwups, that unnecessary bit of performative wokeness has now forced the city to cancel more than 200,000 parking tickets, resulting in a $5 million hit to the municipal budget.

The council’s unguided legislative and rhetorical missiles aimed at the police can also be blamed for the exodus of cops from the city, which has resulted in longer emergency response times, a suspension of adult sexual assault investigations and a stall in community outreach programs.

Making the police less prone to use violent tactics and more nimble in their encounters with marginal communities is a very worthy goal, but, so far, too many council members seem more interested in acting out their disdain for the men and women whom we ask to do the city’s toughest job.

This might actually be one of the more vile posts I've seen from him, jeez.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Srice posted:

Once again Horsey wants to hug and kiss the cops.

This might actually be one of the more vile posts I've seen from him, jeez.
Nah, he didn't politely ask the homeless to gently caress off and die in this one. Still bad

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

World Famous W posted:

Nah, he didn't politely ask the homeless to gently caress off and die in this one. Still bad

That is very true! I'll amend my take to be: the most vile post by him that doesn't (directly) mention the homeless.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
What is the city’s toughest job?

I bet in terms of thankless grunt work that saves lives and people would soon notice them gone it's garbage collection, and in terms of deaths per hour on the job pizza delivery or something.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Henny Beaumont on Nadine Dorries and Boris the bungler – After a dramatic week in Westminster, including a vote of no confidence, Johnson has said ‘nothing and no one’ will stop him from continuing as PM"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson accused of launching 'back of the envelope' policies as he seeks to reset premiership

Independent:

‘He lit the flame’: Jan 6 hearing uses Ivanka, Kushner, Barr and violent video to paint Trump as insurrectionist in chief After Goya.

The i paper:

After Francis Barraud.

Times:

The trial of Donald Trump: a painstaking reconstruction of January 6’s ‘crime of the century’ After Tenniel.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

dear lord... i think we've finally discovered a political cartoon that understands what a "witch hunt" means

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Angepain posted:

dear lord... i think we've finally discovered a political cartoon that understands what a "witch hunt" means

I'm pretty certain everyone knows, but most political cartoonists are framing it as a matter of hypocrisy. When Branco draws Nancy Pelosi as a witch and titles it "Witch Hunt," I don't think he's misunderstanding the term. I think his argument is more along the lines of "You claim to be hunting witches, when in fact the only witch here is actually you!"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Guavanaut posted:

I bet in terms of thankless grunt work that saves lives and people would soon notice them gone it's garbage collection, and in terms of deaths per hour on the job pizza delivery or something.

AFAIK the deadliest job, by a long shot, is fisherman (barring things that are equally likely to kill you off the clock, like coal mining or sweatshops), but if we're talking about strictly working within the city, I'm pretty sure it's construction.

E: Apparently, it's roofing. Roofing has the most deaths per capita of visible city workers.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 11, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Thanks, that makes sense.

Time to get a thin tarp line flag to honor some real heroes.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Garbage collection strikes are not uncommon in Denmark (we're talking every ten years or so), and they are super obvious and always get resolved pretty quickly, presumably by caving to the strikers' demands. It stinks while it's going on, but it's pretty cool.

I kinda wish the nurse strike had the courage to do the same thing.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Guavanaut posted:

In terms of "Job that most enables modern life as we know it", Garbage Men are saints compared to police. Sanitation and the removal of trash from city centers eliminated more deaths than every police department ever (citation: IDK but it sounds right).

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Xinjiang Rumors by Luo Jie

quote:

LA summit reminds how US treats its friends by Zhang Zhouxiang

The US has invited “democracies” in America to a summit in Los Angeles from June 6 to 10.

The US’ intention is obvious: To make allies of those it considers “democracies”. Yet look at how it treats its allies?

It nixed France’s billion dollar submarine deal with Australia.

It eavesdropped on the German chancellor.

It imposed sanctions against Russia without considering what impacts they would have on the EU.

And Japan has suffered much from joining it in challenging the one-China principle.

A kindly reminder to the invitees to the Summit of the Americas: Be careful, and do not fall into the US’ trap.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 11, 2022

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yes.

This has been true at least since the whole idea of 'freedom to enslave'.

AGC

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Guavanaut posted:

Yes.

This has been true at least since the whole idea of 'freedom to enslave'.

AGC
I don't think I've ever seen a more AGC than that.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
If Drinky Duck was dressed as an antebellum Southern planter this would be the AG-est C imaginable.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
https://twitter.com/_EthanGrey/status/1534024719741206529

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Lisa Benson

Steve Benson

Jeff Danziger

John Deering

Clay Jones

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

Crude Awakening: Biden would rather beg for oil from foreign dictators and despots than allow America to be energy independent.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
god clay jones sucks so bad

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry

I don't care that he thinks he's making fun of conservatives he keeps on doing this and it sucks

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

Jesus, even by Sinfest standards this is pretty vile.

Oh boy! Opinions on the life experiences of trans men from someone who has never actually spoken to a trans man, or read anything a trans man has written about his life, and has no interest in learning about the lives of trans men what so ever!

Seriously though, gently caress off with this patronizing bullshit.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I used to get perverse pleasure from hate reading Sinfest and his descent into plotless madness but now I just wish he'd go away and die quietly somewhere.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Why are the doctors feet so loving long

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Ah yes, a MAGA hat and a sharpie edit, two things associated with Biden

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

the man's brain has become a self-reflecting kaleidoscope of utter bullshit about what trans people want, do, and are, no outside information is needed anymore if it ever was, this man will go on forever producing caricatures of caricatures of caricatures of what he read one time that a trans person did one time

it's amazing how consistently RIley's Law works: once you post transphobia, you never post normally again. let this be a lesson to us all

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Pettyfest

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Angepain posted:

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry

I don't care that he thinks he's making fun of conservatives he keeps on doing this and it sucks

It's definitely becoming a convinient excuse for him to draw gross transphobia.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Boris Johnson moves on after the confidence vote – Discredited policies, a malodorous cabinet… no wonder the prime minister is going nowhere"

Sunday Telegraph:

I’m reclaiming land for Russia like Peter the Great, says Vladimir Putin

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

Just like that? With the stroke of a pen at the whim of the executive? Without consulting a panel of credentialed experts including representatives of the prison industry with ivy league degrees? What are you some sort of fascist or something?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quote:

1a5. User loses posting privileges for 12 hours.

Do you really have to bring this poo poo in here, this thread has been doing just fine without wannabe high school debate club judging. We're just chatting about cartoons

He's done this same cartoon a lot, and every time it's a girl who likes trucks and things being forced to become a boy when she just wants to be her tomboy self. It's never an effeminate boy who likes make-up and dolls that we're supposed to sympathize with, in fact the only effeminate men are drawn hatefully as mincing sissies or dangerous perverts.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

Do you really have to bring this poo poo in here, this thread has been doing just fine without wannabe high school debate club judging. We're just chatting about cartoons

He's done this same cartoon a lot, and every time it's a girl who likes trucks and things being forced to become a boy when she just wants to be her tomboy self. It's never an effeminate boy who likes make-up and dolls that we're supposed to sympathize with, in fact the only effeminate men are drawn hatefully as mincing sissies or dangerous perverts.

It definitely makes me think he had a crush on a tomboyish girl at one point who came out as trans and that snapped his little pencil brain.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

VitalSigns posted:

agree

this is one of the more chill threads in d&d, can we keep it that way?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

Tomboys have always been more socially acceptable than boys with feminine interests. Because misogyny. A little girl who likes sports and toy cars is choosing the superior option! A little boy who wants to dress up as a princess is choosing something inherently inferior.

https://youtu.be/kXluTl1K8x4

This is from 1988. I think about it a lot lately.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
gently caress you, Ishida. I'd love to live in his fantasy world where being trans was cool and doctors were readily accessible.

Also, fun fact, prior to 2010, a diagnosis of gender dysphoria for children did not require a desire to transition. It instead just looked at a bunch of gendered behaviours, of which declaring yourself to be another gender or a desire to be another gender was only one factor. And then when the gender nonconforming kids grew up and didn't transition, the doctors were like "drat, guess really you can torture transness out of kids"

The change to require actually being trans and not just liking trucks and playing with boys (and also not torturing kids) seems to have angered many TERFs, since they want to go back to how it was in the 90s.

VitalSigns posted:

Ive seen trans men be called perverts (especially if they have given birth) and trans girls called victims (but they become perverts as soon as they participate in society). But, generally, if the transphobe is setting the narrative, it's all trans boy victims and trans woman perverts. The idea that trans women were once trans girls, or that trans boys grow up to be trans men is not useful to the narrative, so they pretend it doesn't happen.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

RoboRodent posted:

Tomboys have always been more socially acceptable than boys with feminine interests. Because misogyny. A little girl who likes sports and toy cars is choosing the superior option! A little boy who wants to dress up as a princess is choosing something inherently inferior.

https://youtu.be/kXluTl1K8x4

This is from 1988. I think about it a lot lately.

Plus, from a pop culture standpoint, the Tomboys grow up to be the women in country music songs who are right there alongside the men drinkin' and muddin' and being one of the guys, except with lady parts, which makes it ok to be attracted to them and also the guy doesn't have to bother to engage in any interests outside his own because his Tomboy waifu is only into the same stuff he already is.

Neito posted:

It definitely makes me think he had a crush on a tomboyish girl at one point who came out as trans and that snapped his little pencil brain.

I dunno about that. I think it's just that his brain broke when he wasn't crowned King of Feminism years ago when he drew a stretch of cartoons where he gave himself a pass for his older, even more blatantly misogynistic work. Instead of realizing he was still a creep, he had a Principal Skinner "No, it's the women who are wrong" moment, and somehow concluded that trans women were the reason he was still being called out.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Am I supposed to be against this

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm more aghast that his B plot is 'wouldn't it suck to be misgendered against your will' with absolutely no concern for the irony.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
So what happened with Carmen running for office and winning the prioh you know what I don't care.