Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

my asian market no longer sells cheap nuri :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

something new!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

sebastainos AA. theyre doing an event dinner based on the line on the 15th i might have to pony up for

The Saucer Hovers fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 4, 2022

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i cant eat it yet im looking forward to eating it too much.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

The Saucer Hovers posted:

sebastainos AA. theyre doing an event dinner based on the line on the 15th i might have to pony up for

you've gotten mighty bougie since becoming a homeowner my dude. farmers markets, fancy delis, events at fancy delis. I ain't gonna begrudge you coming up in the world but when you're forking up fancy aged portuguese sardines, man, don't forget the beachcliff you were born on

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

How else you gonna keep the sink from rusting if you don't spill dine oil in it?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

The Voice of Labor posted:

you've gotten mighty bougie since becoming a homeowner my dude.

we moved six blocks from the house we were renting ive been hemorrhaging money to take advantage of my bougie neighborhood for years

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

man, I love you like a posting brother and I don't want to doxx you or nothing, but I think you might be deluding yourself and lying by omission. I've seen your house

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Now I'm wondering why I've never had sardines from India...

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I think I've crossed some kind of threshold. Last night I topped sliced pickled egg with dines. It was good but needed some crunch.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Huh sardine curry is apparently a thing.

I need this now.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

the geoduck was fuckin great

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Chewy? Flakey? Fishy? Tell us more

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

These Mouettes D'Arvor 'dines are packed in butter & garlic, and the package itself suggests frying it.

Today's shakshouka with them in it were arguably the best I've made. 10/10 will buy more and make again. :discourse:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Chewy? Flakey? Fishy? Tell us more

theyre clams so they definitely had some chaw to them but they werent rubber nuggets. very flavorful with no dock scrapings edge , but also very smoked...with the rough grind black pepper its really bacony.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I want a can of 'dines that requires a twisty key to open. anyone still package dines like that or am I going to have to score some vintage?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
have any of y'all been experiencing a shortage of KO dines in your area? three nearby grocery stores have been out for a few weeks. pretty sure I snagged the last dozen or so cans of KO brislings at one of the stores
they all still have Season and the new (?) Brunswick butterflied filets, which are drat good

check out this cool video of a Portugese cannery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpTwHAt0Zxw

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/chxndii/status/1525161201222688769

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

dad monthly asks what YOU have done to embarrass your children

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

New KO flavors in new containers!

First with spanish olives, the second with some basil, oregano and garlic

looks like they come in the circular tin with plastic cover. I've seen the design used with the Polar brand sardines.

Review: green olives excellent. B, O, G one I find inferior only because I catch myself comparing it to mediterranean. The flavors of the spices aren't that strong. The green olives I find myself comparing to plain dines in EVOO which is probably why I love it. Excellent flavor the green olives add to the olive oil

e: should add there are two layers of dines in these

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 9, 2022

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Scrotum Modem posted:

New KO flavors in new containers!

Review: green olives excellent. B, O, G one I find inferior only because I catch myself comparing it to mediterranean. The flavors of the spices aren't that strong. The green olives I find myself comparing to plain dines in EVOO which is probably why I love it. Excellent flavor the green olives add to the olive oil

Nice! I will get some of each, and the BOG ones intrigue me due to the garlic. Meds are my current favorite KO flavor, but garlic makes nearly everything better, IMO.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

hmm. I do have a tractor....

has anyone tried Galil brand 'dines? I found them in the kosher section of my local grocery, and they're a good .50c less than anything else.

3 big meaty fishies to a tin, big spines, mmmm

I'd put them on par with Season brand

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Lunch.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Are those loving corn nuts :kiss:?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Yup it's from Albina City Nuts.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

what flavors do the fancy cornnuts come in?

e: lol note to self refresh browser window periodically

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ugh ridiculous those drat fancy corn nuts cost $17 for three ounces!!

*proceeds to take our loan for tin of artisanal dock scrapings*

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Just do what I do & use whatever is left from what your studio mates brought.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The native americans called them maize nuts

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

My son has the tractor kit but it didn’t come with any dine stuff just some bullshit vegetables!!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The Saucer Hovers posted:

ugh ridiculous those drat fancy corn nuts cost $17 for three ounces!!

*proceeds to take our loan for tin of artisanal dock scrapings*

Tbf someone gave me some fancy corn nuts once and they were amazing. They were a lot lighter and more airy than regular corn nuts.

They were still crisp, just not so crazy hard.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

wife picked me up a bottle of tajin. gonna dump it all on the next can of seasons I eat

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Gasmask posted:

My son has the tractor kit but it didn’t come with any dine stuff just some bullshit vegetables!!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/fire-brigade-60321

You can buy just the stickers on ebay and such. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=60321stk02#T=C&C=0

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Best friendship with King Oscar over

The Pinhais fisherman is my new best friend.

These are the best sardines I've ever had and they come with a free pickle (and chile)

Also I got these from Costco:

And they are the best thing to put sardines on. Only drawback is they're small and porous so it's easy to lose fish to the sink drain.

What a happy day

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Soul Dentist posted:

Best friendship with King Oscar over

The Pinhais fisherman is my new best friend.

These are the best sardines I've ever had and they come with a free pickle (and chile)

I don’t think you can ever go wrong with a tin of fish with cool and colorful artwork from Portugal/Morocco/Spain

I asked the owners of the little corner store in my neighborhood to stock sardines. And they did for a bit but just Seasons in water

They once stocked Belas but maybe I was the only one who bought them

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Summer sardine salad time. Joe's Gourmet smoked small mackerel in olive oil, romaine, cherry tomatoes, celery. I forgot about the cucumbers in my refrigerator from over a week ago & they went bad. :barf:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I'll be damned, 'dines with tajin powder wasn't that great. flavor was right on, but because 'dines are oil based and not water based the powder didn't dissolve and it was all crunchy

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Oh, that's unfortunate but good to know.

(Puts Tajin away at work)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I'll be damned, 'dines with tajin powder wasn't that great. flavor was right on, but because 'dines are oil based and not water based the powder didn't dissolve and it was all crunchy

Yeah same results with OldBay