Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

When your drunk rear end remembers there’s one more brats in the freezer but you’re out of good rolls to put it on

The bun broke so it was a total slopfest…finger licking good

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jun 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

man that's at least still a hot dog bun, I've made do with a hamburger bun, a slice of bread, a tortilla... a croissant... leftover basmati rice... saltine crackers... whatever you have, man, it'll do

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
New Sicko dropped

https://twitter.com/LanceStLaurent/status/1534660807145013248?t=C4z84AtrAgTFZdbP9mcUiw&s=19

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I found a way to make sweet potato fries in the oven that come out super crispy.

No air fryer bullshit (they're bullshit don't even @me) and no deep frying.

I am very happy.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BlindSite posted:

I found a way to make sweet potato fries in the oven that come out super crispy.

No air fryer bullshit (they're bullshit don't even @me) and no deep frying.

I am very happy.

Don’t leave us in suspense

T-Square
May 14, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Thanks for the condolences everyone, sorry, Play post incoming:

I golfed several times with him, he actually taught me initial golfing stuff! I dunno whats gonna happen with his clubs but I'd love to take them. Only thing was he was a lot shorter than me.

You can get the shafts lengthened! Otherwise I plan to hang a couple of my gramps’s short irons on a wall in the basement or something eventually after I buy some newer clubs. They were great to get me into the sport but they’re definitely old man senior clubs

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I will not stand for this air frier slander

But srsly post the recipe

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

We all dream of a better future in better lands.

Who among us will be first to blaze the trail and expat?

Does it count if I moved here during Obama and watched it go to hell from afar? :v:

Also “Expat” really means your company is paying you way too much to suffer life outside of the United States (or I guess Europe too for those from there), I tend to just say immigrate or “moving to” because lord knows I haven’t had some big corp paying for international schools or housing or anything like that.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1535451269569069056?s=21

Also yeah we have a goal of dual citizenship if we move this isn’t meant to be a temporary thing. Wife’s company has some employees in Montreal so we may be trying to figure out how they can offshore her north.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Also yeah we have a goal of dual citizenship if we move this isn’t meant to be a temporary thing. Wife’s company has some employees in Montreal so we may be trying to figure out how they can offshore her north.

How’s your French?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I will not stand for this air frier slander

But srsly post the recipe

Totally. Air fryers are bomb.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

That loving dall-e thing has made most of the image threads here loving unreadable

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Our new oven has an air fryer setting that actually reviewed pretty well. So far just made wings in it. They were good, but it's adapted from a killer oven recipe already, so not a fair test.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Freaquency posted:

That loving dall-e thing has made most of the image threads here loving unreadable

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Freaquency posted:

most of the threads here are loving unreadable

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Our new oven has an air fryer setting that actually reviewed pretty well. So far just made wings in it. They were good, but it's adapted from a killer oven recipe already, so not a fair test.

Did you decide to just replace the oven ahead of the kitchen remodel like someone really smart suggested

Also which oven did you get?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Is it super lame or only just regular lame that I bought a humidifier for my room and I’m pretty excited about it?

I can snore pretty bad sometimes and was talking to my ENT friend about it and he said it could very well be that my room is just too dry, so try a humidifier. I’ve been using one for about a week and haven’t snored at all. So I bought a bigger nicer one that has a timer and auto levels and all that.

39 is awesome 😭

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

harperdc posted:

How’s your French?

Nonexistent but apparently it’s like the only place in Quebec you can get by as an anglophone. Wife works in tech and remotely but it’s definitely affect my ability to work in healthcare.

But most likely we would lean into Ontario.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Samadhi posted:

Did you decide to just replace the oven ahead of the kitchen remodel like someone really smart suggested

Also which oven did you get?

Yes and Frigidaire FGIH3047VF. That replaced the cheapest possible GE electric we could find like 7 or 8 years ago when we knew it was going to be "temporary" until we got gas.

Still figuring out exactly which settings and burners to use, but it's a dream compared to about the worst possible stove money could buy. I'm nervous about cooking too aggressively, so usually starting low. Despite that, have still managed to set off the smoke detector twice, which has never happened in the previous 9 years being here!

Also had to replace some cookware. Non-stick especially defaults to aluminum.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

:hmmyes:

It is very funny to me that sports, which is one of the topics on the internet that invites the absolute worst takes, makes up some of the best threads here.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

(The good kind, with money)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Nonexistent but apparently it’s like the only place in Quebec you can get by as an anglophone. Wife works in tech and remotely but it’s definitely affect my ability to work in healthcare.

But most likely we would lean into Ontario.

I've been to Montreal twice, and I got by fine with no French. Way easier than Paris, which also wasn't that bad. You would still want to pick up some french, to handle stuff like reading signage, interacting with government, and workplace settings... socially, when people find out you live there they'd expect that you are at least trying to learn. But you can totally get by, eat, get around the city, shop, etc. with English only. only

One other thing, though. They have insanely cold winters.

But it's a beautiful city full of beautiful people.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

loving around and finding out, might just buy a place in Miami vs. renting....

wish me luck, neither prospect is great....

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Freaquency posted:

:hmmyes:

It is very funny to me that sports, which is one of the topics on the internet that invites the absolute worst takes, makes up some of the best threads here.

The best thread is and has always been the Dune thread

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Every time someone brings up a cold winter somewhere else I have to check what qualifies, and in this case I will agree with the warning. Montreal will be rough:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Stuff like that is why the Spider-man Broadway musical never worked. Imagine mistakes like that but with a live person and not a dummy.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Freaquency posted:

Wasn't exactly an avalanche of content in the art thread before it

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah we don’t have any recent European lineage and thus will be schlepping our way through standard immigration docs

My most recent immigrant ancestors came over from Switzerland in 1905. All of my grandparents were US born.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also apparently the Italian dual citizenship thing has an easier chance of working if it is through your grandfather as opposed to grandmother. Just a relic of the patriarchy I guess.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

You can also just immigrate the regular way.

They let people in besides those who have direct ancestry.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Leperflesh posted:

But it's a beautiful city full of beautiful people.

Oh I’m scared to death because my entire life has been around the southeast, but our reasons for possibly moving are such that it feels almost like a necessity at this point.

The cold is intimidating because the coldest I’ve experienced is Colorado winters on visits but I think it still doesn’t quite compare. But honestly as I’ve gotten older the heat has become less tolerable down here and it’ll only get worse. It’ll be nice to have some seasons too.

I dunno. We will see how it goes. It may not even be possible but it’ll be quite an adventure for our little family if we make it happen.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

You can also just immigrate the regular way.

They let people in besides those who have direct ancestry.

Yes and no depending on your skill set, health, age, current citizenship and a bunch of other bullshit. For example British citizens are not allowed to apply to the US Green Card lottery due to the number who immigrate using work visas. If you don’t have any skills, poor, not young or are from a country with other weird restrictions it can be long, frustrating and expensive.

Going from L1B visa to green card via marriage to US Citizen cost upwards of $5000 in fees alone since my wife and I did the forms. Getting my Irish citizenship from my Grandparents was weeks of research and about $2500 in fees and other costs again with us doing all the work.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

loving around and finding out, might just buy a place in Miami vs. renting....

wish me luck, neither prospect is great....

I was in the same boat.

You’re getting hosed either way; might as well lean in to it.

At least biden probably won’t restart loans as the economy collapse….

lmao

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BigPaddy posted:

Yes and no depending on your skill set, health, age, current citizenship and a bunch of other bullshit. For example British citizens are not allowed to apply to the US Green Card lottery due to the number who immigrate using work visas. If you don’t have any skills, poor, not young or are from a country with other weird restrictions it can be long, frustrating and expensive.

Going from L1B visa to green card via marriage to US Citizen cost upwards of $5000 in fees alone since my wife and I did the forms. Getting my Irish citizenship from my Grandparents was weeks of research and about $2500 in fees and other costs again with us doing all the work.

That’s just further proof that moving into America is bad and moving out is good

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

Is it super lame or only just regular lame that I bought a humidifier for my room and I’m pretty excited about it?

I can snore pretty bad sometimes and was talking to my ENT friend about it and he said it could very well be that my room is just too dry, so try a humidifier. I’ve been using one for about a week and haven’t snored at all. So I bought a bigger nicer one that has a timer and auto levels and all that.

39 is awesome 😭

….ADDING humidity to a room?

:psyduck:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

We already have a great example of someone expatriating:

D-Link, who we can only estimate is currently in a coital embrace with his Parisian soulmate in an idyllic French meadow.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If my habitual watching of House Hunters International can be trusted the place to go for space and idyllic scenery is apparently one of the many insanely gorgeous coastal towns of Australia.

Get yourself a Queenslander in Noosa Heads or something

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Silly Burrito posted:

….ADDING humidity to a room?

:psyduck:

I keep humidifiers in my living room and bedroom in Iowa. The air in my building gets exceedingly dry a lot of the time, especially in the winter.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

I was in the same boat.

You’re getting hosed either way; might as well lean in to it.

At least biden probably won’t restart loans as the economy collapse….

lmao

So far its been:

So your partner is a pharmacist doing a fellowship that will only pay 50k this year but qualifies her to make 250k a year after, and you are an anesthesiologist specializing in research who only makes 60k a year right now but could blink and make 300k a year.... yeah, no you don't make enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I go skiing a lot and most places I stay stock a humidifier it's crucial for not waking up feeling like rear end both inside and out