Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Chas McGill posted:

De Jong didn't seem that good at Barca, though admittedly Barca have been shite. He never seemed like the player to inspire them.

Sounds like a perfect fit for Mancchester United.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jexner
Feb 11, 2010
3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Who is taking bets on Martin Braithwaite leaving Barcelona?
More importantly does anyone think Barcelona can get him to leave with 2 years left on his biggest contract ever?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I hope a Braithwaite gets every penny of his contract from Barca and also that Barca are wound up and dissolved immediately thereafter.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Chas McGill posted:

De Jong didn't seem that good at Barca, though admittedly Barca have been shite. He never seemed like the player to inspire them.

Really? I thought he was good and getting better. They need all the younger players that are still on an upward trajectory that they can get.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
We've done quite well with players from South America so I hope this comes off.

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorBHAFC/status/1535194230041231361?s=20&t=3tFe_-9JF95mXwbK1sw1_w

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Jexner posted:

Who is taking bets on Martin Braithwaite leaving Barcelona?
More importantly does anyone think Barcelona can get him to leave with 2 years left on his biggest contract ever?

By the power of winston bogarde, anything is possible

Eric Cantonese posted:

Really? I thought he was good and getting better. They need all the younger players that are still on an upward trajectory that they can get.

My understanding is that they did the Griezmann thing again of spending stupid money on a marquee signing for a position they didn't need, and then got caremad that he didn't immediately pull the Copa del Rey out of he own rear end in a top hat for what they were paying him

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Fun way to pre-announce this

https://twitter.com/ErlingHaaland/status/1535302024597839879

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

pik_d posted:

Fun way to pre-announce this

It was announced a month ago?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eric Cantonese posted:

Barcelona's finances are ultrafucked. They need to sell a player for good money if they ever hope to register anyone this window, and there's only a few players with real market value. Frenkie De Jong and a bunch of La Masia kids. If the board tried to sell Gavi, Pedri or Fati they would get lynched in the streets.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Are Barca still in that 4:1 revenue:spend penalty box for FFP debtors?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

Are Barca still in that 4:1 revenue:spend penalty box for FFP debtors?

3:1 according to the La Liga president

quote:

[Tebas] Barca is a money-making machine. Of course they can get out of this situation, they know what they have to do. They are under the 1:3 rule for now. For every €100m sales that they make, they can use €33m. But if they make profits of €500m then they’ll be able to sign normally at 1:1 (sport.es)

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61766138

Cameron Carter-Vickers from Spurs to Celtic on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee is a done deal

Very pleased with this , was consistently very good with us and he's still relatively young. Very important to how we play.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TheRat posted:

Barcelona's finances are ultrafucked. They need to sell a player for good money if they ever hope to register anyone this window, and there's only a few players with real market value. Frenkie De Jong and a bunch of La Masia kids. If the board tried to sell Gavi, Pedri or Fati they would get lynched in the streets.

Yeah as I understand it Barca are very much still in the denial stage of grief for the fact they're a sell to buy team now until they get more astronomical wages off the books. De Jong is one of those I believe.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Just imagine the shitshow if they had not qualified for the champion’s league. They’re lucky that those spots aren’t as competitive as they are in the English league.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
they aint getting bernie silver

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

if he murders keane i hope city win everything

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Lots of chat (not just papers) around spurs going for richarlison for big money. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

I feel bad about it because he doesn't really score enough and Christian Romero loving hates him

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

I feel bad about it because he doesn't really score enough and Christian Romero loving hates him

He can be pretty useful though. Annoying to play against.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Kind of a shame Lamela is gone, would’ve been good drama to have 2 world class windup merchants on the same team

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Jippa posted:

He can be pretty useful though. Annoying to play against.

He would cost silly money though, same with Saint maximin - one of the best players of a mid table club with aspirations and worth much more to the current club than the buying club.

Hoping to see the Djed Spence deal confirmed soon

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Jippa posted:

Lots of chat (not just papers) around spurs going for richarlison for big money. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1535639275643064320

bit of a maybe - maybe not

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
oh poo poo, says spurs, all we've got is harry kane and son heung-min, we REALLY need a goalscorer who doesnt score goals

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Eau de MacGowan posted:

oh poo poo, says spurs, all we've got is harry kane and son heung-min, we REALLY need a goalscorer who doesnt score goals

Conte seems to want a big forward. Linked with scamacca and kalajdzic also. Honestly, I'd be fine with just signing a load of shithouses. Romero is brilliant to watch when he is on your side.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticUK/status/1535961827192221697

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
6 years and 80m for a player who had a good game against you. I'm sure they employ loads of scouts at Liverpool who've done loads of pivot tables (and of course money doesn't matter anymore) but that just feels like a massive gamble. Congrats to benfica on Getting Paid yet again though

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah he might turn out to be a world beater, but 85 mil for a player with 1 season of elite football seems completely insane to me

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Liverpools transfer strategy has involved “played great against us” for years. All of the data/recruitment expert stuff in the news is mostly cover for it.

It works so maybe other teams should try.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ungratek posted:

Liverpools transfer strategy has involved “played great against us” for years. All of the data/recruitment expert stuff in the news is mostly cover for it.

It works so maybe other teams should try.

That's how/why Man Utd signed a kid named Ronaldo who was supposed to sign for Arsenal. Not sure how it ended up working out.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

They basically signed Mane for the same reasons, played well against, but at least he had a better track record for high level play for longer.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
sounds like nunez has a medical tomorrow. not totally sure how i feel about this transfer, feels a little bit like keeping up with the joneses in a bad way. hopefully he scores a lot of goals though its been ages since liverpool have played with a real striker. kinda think a midfielder is needed more than another forward tho

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1535984209432649729?s=21&t=Yupj-KaV00tSf3137ZK-fA

:ok:

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

TheRat posted:

Yeah he might turn out to be a world beater, but 85 mil for a player with 1 season of elite football seems completely insane to me

I don't get this reasoning. It's 64m for a player with 1 season of elite football. If he's good enough to trigger the remaining 21m, the deal will have presumably been a sweeping success.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Akbar posted:

I don't get this reasoning. It's 64m for a player with 1 season of elite football. If he's good enough to trigger the remaining 21m, the deal will have presumably been a sweeping success.

Also he’s really loving good

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Don't want him to fail, don't want Liverpool to keep being good, life's conundrums

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

I think Benfica announced it. Is it boldable yet?

https://www.slbenfica.pt/pt-pt/agora/noticias/2022/06/13/futebol-benfica-darwin-comunicado-cmvm-transferencia-liverpool

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Some of the worlds biggest talents including Ronaldo, Kaka, Suarez and Buffon of all people have said Nunes has got it. So I am going to trust.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Erling Haaland to Manchester City is a Done Deal

https://twitter.com/mancity/status/1536271702921039873

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Getting Haaland is nice and all but Arsenal have the title locked up because Marquinhos to Arsenal is a Done Deal

https://mobile.twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1536362836510879744?cxt=HHwWgMC9xYP3oNIqAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Just Chamber posted:

Getting Haaland is nice and all but Arsenal have the title locked up because Marquinhos to Arsenal is a Done Deal

https://mobile.twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1536362836510879744?cxt=HHwWgMC9xYP3oNIqAAAA

other other Marquinhos