Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I said come in! posted:

The number 31 got a 1 minute penalty, which maybe seems a bit unfair because it was a mistake.
I don't think #31 was allowed to crash into #22 just because he wanted to get in front, at the very start of the race when he absolutely knows there's going to be someone on the inside line.

#22 spent longer in the gravel+pit, and did nothing wrong - unless you think being in the wrong place at the wrong time is his fault. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I said come in! posted:

True, at least the 31 gets to keep going. The other guy cant say the same.

I think it's technically running but yeah, it's certainly not winning when a lucky safety car or two and the 31 still might.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I was late to the stream but golly these little races pack a punch. Same accident at the same bend plus others getting us a safety car at the midpoint squeezing the race down to a 2-lap screamer at the end, I'm glad it didn't fizzle out. I've really enjoyed these zippy little P3's, they've got mad cornering and straight-line acceleration for their size. If they could just withstand the siren call of the barriers they'd be fine :v:

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

You’d think after 4 or so years of having this problem MotorTrend channel would figure out how to fix the choppy frame rate of their Le Mans coverage but nope

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
My discovery+ based service has five sub channels for canadian open and only two sub channels for the toyota onboards. I wasn't expecting to have all cars but at least more effort than a random golf tournament.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Monitor mirroring the TV signal from HTPC via a HDMI splitter and showing #LeMans24h, monitor for twitter/discord/irc, and a monitor for live timing.
All driven by #FreeBSD on a T480s.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Monitor mirroring the TV signal from HTPC via a HDMI splitter and showing #LeMans24h, monitor for twitter/discord/irc, and a monitor for live timing.
All driven by #FreeBSD on a T480s.

That is a thing of beauty.

I'm mostly watching it on a monitor outside so I can chain smoke. Really celebrating French culture today.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I'm mostly watching it on a monitor outside so I can chain smoke. Really celebrating French culture today.

Unless it's Gauloises, it's just sparkling tobacco.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 11, 2022

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The live timing is a web app thingy that I just learned about, and it's loving great - it basically functions like a skin for the data from the WEC timing.

Also, :france:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Lunch was had:

Now I am very full of store-bought salad with extra cucumbers and red peppers, flank steak, and garlic bread.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Fassbender just got shunted into the gravel, unclear if the car is in a state to be able to rejoin the race. Guess the new Road to Le Mans season is going to be of the sad rather than triumphant variety.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Gazoo is a good name for a racing team because it sounds like gazoooooooooooo

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Harry Lime posted:

Fassbender just got shunted into the gravel, unclear if the car is in a state to be able to rejoin the race. Guess the new Road to Le Mans season is going to be of the sad rather than triumphant variety.

It was a Ferrari of course…

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Harry Lime posted:

Fassbinder is doing his best act as clueless dentist at lemans, thankfully modern gt3 will means it's very hard to get hurt in spins or sidetrack hits.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

and Fassbender is in the gravel again but this time not able to drive himself out, 100% his own fault this time

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harry Lime posted:

and Fassbender is in the gravel again but this time now able to drive himself out, 100% his own fault this time

This is his second time going off the track right? How did he get onto this team? I'm probably being unfair, but I can't help but wonder if he is really qualified to be driving in this race. I don't know his racing history though.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

I said come in! posted:

This is his second time going off the track right? How did he get onto this team? I'm probably being unfair, but I can't help but wonder if he is really qualified to be driving in this race. I don't know his racing history though.

Second time in the gravel during the race plus one during FP. He is there only as a promotional item by Porsche, winning is in the cards in spite of his efforts.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

I said come in! posted:

you can get a pretty entertaining/interesting summary of his whole competitive racing history with the Road to Le Mans youtube series Porsche has done chronicling the effort to theoretically get him to a point where he could do this without loving up repeatedly. It's kind of a novel perspective for a motorsports documentary to follow a mediocre at best driver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBbAfDyC8f8

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harry Lime posted:

you can get a pretty entertaining/interesting summary of his whole competitive racing history with the Road to Le Mans youtube series Porsche has done chronicling the effort to theoretically get him to a point where he could do this without loving up repeatedly. It's kind of a novel perspective for a motorsports documentary to follow a mediocre at best driver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBbAfDyC8f8

My wife joked that this was for a movie being made, I made sure to point out that the idea is not new. :P

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I said come in! posted:

My wife joked that this was for a movie being made, I made sure to point out that the idea is not new. :P

That movie rules. Apparently the Porsche 917 was loving impossible to drive which makes it all the more impressive.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

fassbender dragged his then-girlfriend with his car and also threw her over a chair and broke her nose so gently caress him and the 93 imo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I heard he steers with his giant penis

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
does anyone else miss bykolles

e: FIAWEC stream crew outright stating the Alpine LMP1 got done dirty by BoP calculations due to the smaller fuel tank.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 12, 2022

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
That tire wanted to be free.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

e: FIAWEC stream crew outright stating the Alpine LMP1 got done dirty by Bop calculations due to the smaller fuel tank.
Well, they're not wrong.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
BABY YODA APPEARANCE

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Shumagorath posted:

e: FIAWEC stream crew outright stating the Alpine LMP1 got done dirty by BoP calculations due to the smaller fuel tank.

yeah they have not minced words about the absurdity of the bop nerf to the alpine since the very first lap of the race when the alpine was having trouble keeping up with lmp2s on the mulsanne

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 12, 2022

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Lol at the poor sap who fell asleep in the garage and got his legs zip tied together

Does the Cool Racing team really not have enough mechanics to change all four wheels at once...?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

I heard he steers with his giant penis

I’ve also heard this, I think we can confirm it to be true.

What happened to the Alpine hypercar? Last I checked it went into the garage. It’s way behind the rest of the field, did it completely eat poo poo?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

That tire wanted to be free.

This years free tire was a pretty epic moment.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I’ve also heard this, I think we can confirm it to be true.

What happened to the Alpine hypercar? Last I checked it went into the garage. It’s way behind the rest of the field, did it completely eat poo poo?
BoP'd into the LMP2Am ranks. :mad:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

my main takeaway from this race so far is that sebastian buemi is a fuckboi

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

my main takeaway from this race so far is that sebastian buemi is a fuckboi
sebastian buemi probably fucks, considering he has two sons if memory serves

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

for as few cars as gte pro has it sure as poo poo has been the most drama-filled class this race goddamn

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I was about to say come on number 7 break down, but it just left the pits.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What happened to the Penske/Panis duel?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Multiple clutch blockages/failures. On the topic of BoP loving Alpine over, I feel like ACO should have told them "No, we won't let you use a LMP1 in another class, go build a proper car" rather than have them run and then nerf it into oblivion to please Toyota.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

heh

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ElMarioRpp/status/1535808690401554432

https://twitter.com/Ginja_Is/status/1535717410371690496

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari