Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Lolie posted:

Gotta fill the 24 hour news cycle somehow.

remember when MSNBC was just empty seats on the Senate floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Timestamped (watch 5 seconds or so):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY3IDjRRn08&t=88s

edit: I'm sure that was some shade sent my way but eh whatever, I'm actually proud of my rifleman badge. Very proud. I'm a marksman and have proved it after multiple attempts doing literal 8 hours a day of training. I enjoy murdering pieces of paper. Sorry for that.

nah, I was always proud of you for doing that and stoked that you did it. though the image of the post apocalyptic warlord wielding a 10/22 with deadly precision is kind of an amusing one

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

2nd Amendment posted:

Oh mom, was always wondering why I was into sports
Oh mom, was always wondering why I was staying after school
I'm into sports mom and also I'm in the locker room with the boys
I'm in the shower and I drop the soap every time

Homos uh huh uh huh uh huh
Homos no one knows a homo like us
We love homos

Lesbians are cool
And straights are fools
Lesbians rule their scene
But the homos are the coolest of the cools
Homos

They never knock at my front door
They never ring on the phone
They always come through the window
Through the back door
Through the throat

Homos

are you gonna sue the forums again, or...?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Voice of Labor posted:

nah, I was always proud of you for doing that and stoked that you did it. though the image of the post apocalyptic warlord wielding a 10/22 with deadly precision is kind of an amusing one

I honestly really appreciate that. I'm sure I've said some poo poo to you in the past probably, but this is SA and it's all in good fun (for the most part, I can get pretty angry at times).

Kinda weird that you remember that since it was quite a while back and I don't remember almost anything in the past 6 months at the very least, but I'll take it.

I wouldn't choose a 10/22 as my only battle rifle, but I can sure as poo poo do more with it than the average person with anything else.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Dumb mother fuckery aside he came really close to getting it when he mentioned social media but I'm sure it was probably for all the wrong reasons. In his mind it's probably because the twitters and the tiktoks prevent kids from thinking LGBTQ people and POC are subhuman and not because social media and web forums are crawling with Nazis.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

A few school shootings definitely make international news. In fact, most other countries are just flabbergasted by wtf is going on here because they see it all the time.

I've noticed that mass shootings usually don't make the news unless it's a double digit body count. Or if they do they're just kind of a blurb somewhere and they fall out of the news cycle immediately. This is the dystopia we live in.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CPL593H posted:

Dumb mother fuckery aside he came really close to getting it when he mentioned social media but I'm sure it was probably for all the wrong reasons. In his mind it's probably because the twitters and the tiktoks prevent kids from thinking LGBTQ people and POC are subhuman and not because social media and web forums are crawling with Nazis.

I've noticed that mass shootings usually don't make the news unless it's a double digit body count. Or if they do they're just kind of a blurb somewhere and they fall out of the news cycle immediately. This is the dystopia we live in.

Has to be double digit or a bunch of kids. Otherwise our news would be nothing but mass shootings.

https://twitter.com/shane25873/status/1535388401931014144

Hopefully they come with a way to attach a plate so they can actually stop a rifle round!

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jun 11, 2022

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

mobby_6kl posted:

Has to be double digit or a bunch of kids. Otherwise our news would be nothing but mass shootings.

Hopefully they come with a way to attach a plate so they can actually stop a rifle round!

Ahhh, been looking for that pic. Instead of bleeding out you die slower of kinetic impact trauma.
Remember kids, lie down and drape yourself with your orange death shroud, it will make it easier for the clean up crew after!

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

mobby_6kl posted:

Yup, these kids are clearly unkillable now! Problem solved!

Now back to the real issue of them evil gays.

Murrica.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

mobby_6kl posted:

pull out your orange death blankets for dirt nap time, kids

:smithicide:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
jesus loving christ how did we get here

quick edit: that was sort of rhetorical

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Ya shits gonna be pretty bad till 2024 when a Taylor Greene/Bobert Administration saves us all

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Duck and cover but the nuke is the 2nd amendment.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/chron/status/1535325749917392896

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

L, O, and I can’t stress this enough, L

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Also the reasons why he ditched his radios were because, and I quote:

• One of them had a "whip-like" antenna that would've "slowed him down" if he had to run, and
• The other one would've fallen off his fat rear end just from him walking around

I can actually relate to that second thing but this motherfucker is (supposed to be) a cop in an active shooter scenario so it's really not an okay excuse here.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It seems like he could possibly have done better

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Communication? In THIS economy?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Good commanders are famous for ditching everything they need to...command so they can walk better.

Did you know most of the dead during the D-Day paradrops were officers who ditched their maps, radios, and parachutes so they could fight better when they landed?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

In my defense I am very stupid. I am a bumbling moron who had no idea he was supposed to do anything. Can I have a half million dollar salary

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Has there ever been a mass shooting at a Catholic mass or would that be too meta?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Animal-Mother posted:

Has there ever been a mass shooting at a Catholic mass or would that be too meta?

Catholic priests are kitted the gently caress out. Why do you think they wear the big robes?

In the Dark Ages they had a trebuchet in there.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

mobby_6kl posted:

I know this is :thejoke:, but the point of those is not to protect anyone. It's to make it the victim's fault when they are killed in the next shooting. That's the point behind all of this legislation: arming teachers, bigger fences, arming students, bullet proof backpacks/blankets/doors/windows/desks. It's all to make it clear that society has no obligation to you whatsoever: the onus to protect each individual is solely on that individual.

It's all setup so that at the next massacre every Republican (and most Democrats) can go "oh well they should have [installed that fence sooner] [locked the door faster] [hid better] [covered themselves more] [not died] so really the victims do share some of the blame for their own deaths..."

The GOP has been open for more than fifty years that they do not believe in the societal contract.

pro starcraft loser posted:

Good commanders are famous for ditching everything they need to...command so they can walk better.

Did you know most of the dead during the D-Day paradrops were officers who ditched their maps, radios, and parachutes so they could fight better when they landed?

The lie is so absurdly stupid: "I didn't know the children were still alive because I didn't have my radio and I couldn't hear the other officer's radios because all of the gunfire and screaming from dying children was so loud!"

Waiting for the penny to drop again and find out what is even worse that the commander is like trying to say he ditched his radio on purpose. I still think it's going to be that the police locked the killer into the room: in the first reports the police said that they barricaded the subject in and they changed it the next day to the subject barricaded himself so...

We all know it will get worse: what's your horrific speculation?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

society can suck my loving balls, im gonna die LOUD AS HELL

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Idk if they had to get a janitor to open the door for them it might have been the shooter went inside and locked the door and the cops just did nothing

what really baffles me is the coward cop who's wife literally got shot and called him on the phone. he's gonna just stand around outside too?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Ms. Mireles, a teacher of 17 years and an avid hiker who took pride in teaching at a mostly Hispanic school, was shot and killed trying to protect her students, according to her aunt Lydia Martinez Delgado.

Her husband, Mr. Ruiz, who had rushed to the scene, was prevented by other police officers from going inside. “He could not go into the classroom where all the shooting victims were at,” Ms. Martinez Delgado said in an interview last week.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

How that guy can show his face to literally anyone is beyond me

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

fairly certain that guilt will finish off a good portion of those cops, so don't worry too much

lets just hope they dont take any innocent lives with them if they blow their dishonorable brains out

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

"So I didn't think I was in charge and ditched my radio seconds after getting on scene. I did not attempt to report to this other hypothetical commander to recieve my assignment(which would probably involve commanding a specific region and still require a radio). I did this because despite my job being managing lots of people on an emergency scene I decided it being awkward to walk with interfered with my job."

Seriously though, that's the first thing you do at any kind of response: check in with command for your orders. If command doesn't exist, establish it. And this guys a freaking chief, being command is literally his job.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Does the school have any internal CCTV?
I am surprised we haven't see one killer going from class room to class room yet, even if it was just a still of them walking the corridor.
Can only say only saw the columbine ones, nothing newer.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

GolfHole posted:

fairly certain that guilt will finish off a good portion of those cops, so don't worry too much

lets just hope they dont take any innocent lives with them if they blow their dishonorable brains out

Cops become cops because they were barely bright enough to realize it would be a way to safely and legally lash out and hurt the world that in their dumb worldview hurt them first. Lol if you think such a creature has the self-awareness to even begin to experience anything like remorse

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

happyhippy posted:

Does the school have any internal CCTV?
I am surprised we haven't see one killer going from class room to class room yet, even if it was just a still of them walking the corridor.
Can only say only saw the columbine ones, nothing newer.

this information if it exists (which it must, for pretty much every single incident) would be amongst the most heavily suppressed media in the united states.
its up there with roswell aliens and the piss tape

seeing it would blow the gun control debate wide open and make responsible gun ownership irrevocable
so it must be destroyed, with every cent the NRA can spend on it

the above is the guaranteed reality of a 21st century totalitarian state. i'll stake my life on it.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Zefiel posted:

Cops become cops because they were barely bright enough to realize it would be a way to safely and legally lash out and hurt the world that in their dumb worldview hurt them first. Lol if you think such a creature has the self-awareness to even begin to experience anything like remorse

yea but some other (fewer) cops do it out of a misplaced sense of duty and "overcoming their odds"
those ones will likely find the answer in a barrel, be it whiskey or otherwise

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

GolfHole posted:

If these idiots were capable of that sort of empathy, they wouldn't be cops.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

PokeJoe posted:

How that guy can show his face to literally anyone is beyond me

Didn't he just smugly take a mayor job like five days ago

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

I. M. Gei posted:

Also the reasons why he ditched his radios were because, and I quote:

• One of them had a "whip-like" antenna that would've "slowed him down" if he had to run, and
• The other one would've fallen off his fat rear end just from him walking around

I can actually relate to that second thing but this motherfucker is (supposed to be) a cop in an active shooter scenario so it's really not an okay excuse here.

my take on the situation: Police are useless. They do not help, protect, or save anyone. They are a waste of public money

Thank you for coming to my TED-X talk

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

GolfHole posted:

this information if it exists (which it must, for pretty much every single incident) would be amongst the most heavily suppressed media in the united states.
its up there with roswell aliens and the piss tape

seeing it would blow the gun control debate wide open and make responsible gun ownership irrevocable
so it must be destroyed, with every cent the NRA can spend on it

the above is the guaranteed reality of a 21st century totalitarian state. i'll stake my life on it.

Assuming it does exist and was made available it would change nothing

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Blooster posted:

Didn't he just smugly take a mayor job like five days ago

i dont think that's the same cop who's wife was killed

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

imagine there were 0 tapes of 9/11

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Big Beef City posted:

also, why on earth would you want to see one troubled child kill many others?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

"hello, cop husband? Ive bee shot inside the school"

"Ok. I'm not jumping in after you"