Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

lol

marioinblack posted:

I do security work for a sports league for reference.

Makes sense. I imagine just the threat of being arrested would be enough to keep most people from games, but then again the type of person who sucker punches another fan isn't someone with a lot of sense to begin with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

I'm already getting antsy with only being able to watch one hockey game every other day. How am I going to deal with the offseason when there are no hockey games for months? :ohdear:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I should not have underestimated the Lightning. They are so much better than everyone else it's disgusting, they really can get away with just turning it on when they need to and coasting the rest of the way even against good teams.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Eric the Mauve posted:

I should not have underestimated the Lightning. They are so much better than everyone else it's disgusting, they really can get away with just turning it on when they need to and coasting the rest of the way even against good teams.

Yep. If the Rangers somehow win tonight I will be completely shocked. I’m not being chicken little here, the last 3 games they’ve looked unstoppable even if the Rangers had a lead.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Matt Zerella posted:

Yep. If the Rangers somehow win tonight I will be completely shocked. I’m not being chicken little here, the last 3 games they’ve looked unstoppable even if the Rangers had a lead.

Four times we have been up 3-2 in the ECF. We always win game 5 after going 2-2. And we’re 0-4 in those four game 6’s. Game seven is all but assured. And then? It’s a coin flip game. (We’re 2-2 ((50%)))

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Wonderllama posted:

Four times we have been up 3-2 in the ECF. We always win game 5 after going 2-2. And we’re 0-4 in those four game 6’s. Game seven is all but assured. And then? It’s a coin flip game. (We’re 2-2 ((50%)))

https://twitter.com/adamfoxszn/status/1535362430603255810

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I would really have preferred a day game, NHL.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

I just want a game 7, even though this series has been boring as poo poo to watch. These teams need to wear each other down for the Avs next series

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

DrunkPanda posted:

I just want a game 7, even though this series has been boring as poo poo to watch. These teams need to wear each other down for the Avs next series

9 days off destroyed the lightning. Good luck with 11 days off.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

DrunkPanda posted:

Aside from the last game, the series hasn’t been boring at all. IDK what you’ve been watching or if you just expect every team to be the Avs but c’mon.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
This series has been better than the Carolina one which I thought was a dreadful slog.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Lmao at thinking avs vs edm was good hockey.

Good hockey should be a panic attack at all times resulting in acceptance of fate. Not goals on demand. Playoff hockey should be so unbelievably terrible for your psyche that all you can do to cope is bitch and whine in the GDT and pop antidepressants and after the game escape the reality of your team losing with drugs or the feeling of superiority of craft beer or religion or pretending to fight cartoon orcs in an online computer game.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

lol that this shows up as "includes potentially sensitive content"

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Matt Zerella posted:

Aside from the last game, the series hasn’t been boring at all. IDK what you’ve been watching or if you just expect every team to be the Avs but c’mon.

Alright, not EVERY game was boring. But the last 2 most definitely were

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

DrunkPanda posted:

Alright, not EVERY game was boring. But the last 2 most definitely were

Again, 5 sucked rear end and was boring. 4 was pretty intense with the winning goal coming in under the last minute. That wasn’t boring, you’re used to clownpuck (which is also fun, but that doesn’t make a close matchup boring).

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Matt Zerella posted:

Again, 5 sucked rear end and was boring. 4 was pretty intense with the winning goal coming in under the last minute. That wasn’t boring, you’re used to clownpuck (which is also fun, but that doesn’t make a close matchup boring).

What are you even talking about? Game 4 was 3-0 until the Rangers scored their first goal with 3 minutes left in the game :psyduck:

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 11, 2022

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

DrunkPanda posted:

What are you even talking about? Game 4 was 3-0 until the Rangers scored their first goal with 3 minutes left in the game :psyduck:

I assume he's thinking of Game 3. To be fair, I also have blocked Game 4 from my memory.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Sorry, I’ve still got Corona brain.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The games where my team won kicked rear end and the ones where they lost sucked.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Whole lot of Rangers twitter is thinking Kakko is scratched tonight.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Matt Zerella posted:

That would be funny and dumb so I hope Gallant does it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Matt Zerella posted:

Came here to post this.

And Brayden Point is said to be a game-time decision.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

CBJSprague24 posted:

Came here to post this.

And Brayden Point is said to be a game-time decision.

If I were Tampa, I'd save Point until Game 7 if necessary or next round if not necessary. I have a feeling Trouba is going to do a WWE flying elbow drop on his knee or whatever his injury is

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Matt Zerella posted:

This would make me very sad.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
fire gallant

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's possible he's injured, or ill, and the Rangers would just rather it not be public knowledge.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Eric the Mauve posted:

It's possible he's injured, or ill, and the Rangers would just rather it not be public knowledge.

This is the way I'm leaning but before the season started I remember reading someone saying "if you give Gallant bad players he will play them" and here we are where he's possibly scratching Kakko for Dryden Hunt.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
It's going to be for Reaves.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Regardless of the outcome, good seasons for the Rangers. Had no expectations of an ECF appearance at all so everything since round one has been a bonus. I think they are pretty well setup for a good run the next few years which is exciting.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

rex rabidorum vires posted:

It's going to be for Reaves.

Please let this be true

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

This is no longer just widespread speculation. Sounds like Hunt is in one way or the other and:

https://twitter.com/drosennhl/status/1535770640183091201

e-
https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/1535773239095578629

:roflolmao::roflolmao::roflolmao::roflolmao:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 12, 2022

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Douchebag posted:

Regardless of the outcome, good seasons for the Rangers. Had no expectations of an ECF appearance at all so everything since round one has been a bonus. I think they are pretty well setup for a good run the next few years which is exciting.

Game 2 switched me from "happy to be here" to "let's loving win the cup". It's my own fault but I'm gonna be sad if they don't take this to 7 (at least).

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The only thing I ever root for once the Penguins make their annual first round exit is for every series to go seven games. I want all the Game 7s. Preferably without bullshit holding calls in overtime.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I can’t believe you scratch Kakko for Hunt

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

This anthem singer sucks

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

DrunkPanda posted:

This anthem singer sucks

She used to sound better imo, Covid almost killed her. Probably hosed her voice up.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/iyer_prashanth/status/1535774438158999552

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The anthem is dumb as gently caress so the singer should just do a bad job on purpose.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

There are only two good anthem performances at sports games. Whitney Houston and Roseanne Barr. For different reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Rangers are poop from a butt