Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

Just noticed that episode 3 of this season (only that one) has a note on All4 that is was "filmed before the conflict in eastern europe" and racking my brains for a reason they felt the need for the disclaimer I guess it must have been because of Bridget's bit about Laika and imo its very funny to imagine someone complaining about that

I assume it was about Ardal and his war stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

not a bot posted:

I assume it was about Ardal and his war stuff.

Ahh yeah that probably makes more sense tbh

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Got some good news for anyone dreading the rapidly approaching end of the Taskmaster season. Champion of Champions II will air the week after the final episode.

https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1534542143888494592

Ed's tasking outfit is so good

Also, TM NZ is almost certainly starting in July, as the advertising rates schedule for TVNZ shows a 13 week window for the show, beginning July 6th. So we won't have any downtime for endless speculation on future contestants!

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Edit: That’s great detective work, that ^^

Just one CoC episode?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Heavy_D posted:

Got some good news for anyone dreading the rapidly approaching end of the Taskmaster season. Champion of Champions II will air the week after the final episode.

https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1534542143888494592

Ed's tasking outfit is so good

Also, TM NZ is almost certainly starting in July, as the advertising rates schedule for TVNZ shows a 13 week window for the show, beginning July 6th. So we won't have any downtime for endless speculation on future contestants!

cool cool cool cool cool

thehustler posted:

Just one CoC episode?

Not so cool

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
blessings that the show can reach the point of a champion of champion of champions

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

The thread has spoken, people want more coc!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I could have sworn they said it was 2 episodes before.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

I could have sworn they said it was 2 episodes before.

I remember reading a while back that due to scheduling they couldn't do two this time and it was always one. People were pretty disappointed since the first one was two.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Khanstant posted:

blessings that the show can reach the point of a champion of champion of champions

More than halfway there!

They could do a Norwegian one right now and keep the winner on the back burner, too.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think Alex wildly misinterpreted how tongues work when he conceived that task.

Part of me thinks this was one of Tim Key's

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Eventually they'll go the Drag Race route and start doing crossovers between the different world Taskmaster shows.

Also I can't recall if this has been posted here but it's Greg and Russell and it's fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeQXreI76q0

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Trig Discipline posted:

Eventually they'll go the Drag Race route and start doing crossovers between the different world Taskmaster shows.

Also I can't recall if this has been posted here but it's Greg and Russell and it's fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeQXreI76q0

An... interesting clip :confuoot:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantsdrunk posted:

Pantsdrunk (or stylized to Päntsdrunk; Finnish: kalsarikännit, ˈkɑls̠ɑriˌkænːit) is a form of drinking culture, originating in Finland, in which the drinker consumes alcoholic drinks at home, dressed in as little clothing as possible, mainly in underwear with no intention of going out. To a large extent, it is still considered a way of life in Finland, possibly related to the stereotyped lack of social contacts among Finns.

Any Finns willing to confirm/deny this?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I assume Russell Howard has regular use of a tanning bed.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

itry posted:

Yep, its a real thing. Although its not as depressing as it seems first, also "drinking beer and watching hockey from TV" and "playing online and drinking" falls under the kalsarikännit-drinking.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

itry posted:

:sweden: here but yes. It's a thing in Finland and our extended families. The rest of scandinavia call it alcoholism. Remember, you can't be an alcoholic if you're with other people because that is a party.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

I assume Russell Howard has regular use of a tanning bed.
Honestly just on his general demeanor I would have assumed so without actually having to see the evidence

itry
Aug 23, 2019

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

:sweden: here but yes. It's a thing in Finland and our extended families. The rest of scandinavia call it alcoholism. Remember, you can't be an alcoholic if you're with other people because that is a party.

Der Kyhe posted:

Yep, its a real thing. Although its not as depressing as it seems first, also "drinking beer and watching hockey from TV" and "playing online and drinking" falls under the kalsarikännit-drinking.

Well, it does kinda sound like alcoholism, but I'm sure it can also just be a relaxation thing.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Actually I just checked and I myself posted that same video in this thread five months ago. I swear I'm not currently Päntsdrunk.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Bridget and Ardal just get more and more unhinged.

This show has also made me fall in love with both Aisling Bea and Sophie Duker.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Beerdeer posted:

I don't know. I don't know. I don't know, Greg.

"...and she's gone" - Alex, watching Bridget having some kind of an episode and just leaving the barn.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The log situation was made all the funnier with how they framed the shot from the barn camera. You can clearly see a nice spool of twine there, which would work much better than a log.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The first season (subtitled) of Bäst i Test (Swedish TM) is on Taskmaster Supemax+

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Beerdeer posted:

I am deeply in love with Sophie, carving her name into my arm a bit just so she can see how serious I am.

Another brilliant episode, such a good series.

In the task of being my favourite contestant, points are as follows:
Sophie - 5
Chris - 4
Judi, Bridget and Ardal - 3 points each

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Sophie and Chris are both clearly the "in it to win it" sorts of players though Bridget is clearly trying too, but overthinks everything. Ardal is just having a laugh like a lot of the older contestants.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
In the live task, Sophie might have made three different attempts to help Judi win
- possibly snuck a peek at Judi's bid and underbid it by one
- maybe even intentionally sabotaged her own can count
- certainly helped Judi do up the bug

Just heartbreaking that it didn't come to pass.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

My spatial perception must be on the fritz, because I was sure that that bag was going to max out at 20.

And I definitely would have "Price is Right"ed it and just thrown in one can.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

oh jay posted:

My spatial perception must be on the fritz, because I was sure that that bag was going to max out at 20.

And I definitely would have "Price is Right"ed it and just thrown in one can.

Yeah I also thought the bags were a lot smaller than they were (and based on crowd reaction so did they), I thought it was large purse sized rather than duffel bag

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Piell posted:

Yeah I also thought the bags were a lot smaller than they were (and based on crowd reaction so did they), I thought it was large purse sized rather than duffel bag

I am curious if they were actually large enough to fit all the cans available or if Bridget's target was simply impossible. The bags did look pretty big and nobody was packing them in as efficiently as possible, but it does seem like the sort of thing they'd do to provide too many cans and encourage them to bite off more than they can chew.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I immediately went to 9 and was shocked when they started saying numbers in the 20s and 30s. Then I thought it was going to be a trick and there was dividers or something sewn into the bags.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Bridget going straight to a number in the 50s apparently without gauging how many cans there were in the stack was a big power move, very possibly accidentally.

e: although I don't think the task said anything about not taking your neighbor's cans if it came to that

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

Some shocking patter-theft exposed in the outtakes

https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1535570034981883905

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Heavy_D posted:

Pro click there

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Heavy_D posted:

The absolute Wanguish in his face!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Judy looks crushed at the end of the episode. :smith:

Here's hoping the last episode has her end on a good note, like the song about Rosalyn was in that season. She looks like she's having a blast during the tasks, which has started to contrast with the studio bits.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

They do multiple takes of some of the banter and pickup shots, so I was sure that they wouldn't have gone with those extended jokes about her never winning unless she was going to win the episodes.

But nevermind gently caress her I guess.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It did look a bit like it legitimately got to her. I think everyone was rooting for things to turn out in her favour. It even seemed like the production team loaded the episode with tasks where she did well, like I suspect they do sometimes, but that studio task is a huge x factor.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Grouping tasks so that a contestant will almost certain win a given episode is gerrymandering and I won't stand for it.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Is there any confirmation that that happens? I remember one contestant saying that on the podcast, not sure who. Like “I’m grateful to the production team for managing to cobble together a win for me” or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

thehustler posted:

Is there any confirmation that that happens? I remember one contestant saying that on the podcast, not sure who. Like “I’m grateful to the production team for managing to cobble together a win for me” or something like that.

Watching some of the episodes, that’s what almost certainly happens.