Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Pretty much, the Dems are using this to let any active Republican off the hook. We’ll may see Giuliani tier republicans get named, and they will continue to center this on Trump, but they won’t go after anybody they can perceivably gain cache with and they certainly won’t point out that the current GOP are coup supporters who’re working towards a second one by way of dismantling our democracy.

Yeah, they might trot out a few Proud Boys and one or two of the more egregious examples of crazy poo poo from people in the crowd but doubtfully anyone connected in DC or that can afford a team of lawyers.

I cant help but keep trying to picture how this would play out had it been BLM reacting to, say, an attempt on Barrack Obama's life or something similar. The difference to me is that BLM has legitimate grievances but all this poo poo we're watching now is based on the false belief that widespread election fraud swung the 2020 election and driven by a bunch of fanatical weirdos that actually buy into this poo poo.

That many people turning out with that much rage and anger over something that never happened is the scariest part. BLM isn't trying to assert white cops and republicans barbecue black children at clan cookouts and drink Sangria made from their blood. They're protesting murders documented on video and want police to stop killing people. They're also not trying to say that all the Targets that were burnt down or bricks that got hurled were really MAGA Proud Boy undercover operatives - even though SOME of that poo poo actually happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
It’s hard to compare because very few of the “crazies” actually believe the conspiracies they spout. The conspiracies are a means to an end. There are no good faith Republicans anymore.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I am not stupid enough to think any of this will quell MAGA. That genie is out.
I am stupid enough to believe the GA DA and the DOJ are going to nail the gently caress out of DJT and lots of other people from his administration. I base that on the requirements of law and the evidence I have already seen. I am confident the GA GJ and the DOJ will have everything they need to not only prove the crime but also intent. Don't forget Eastmann has at least two hand-written notes from Trump in his Federal case in CA. I think odds are good there are more, and possibly better, smoking guns out there.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I don’t believe this will mean anything significant, at least not for Trump and the higher ups. If it did, that would mean that the president is actually beholden to some laws, and we can’t have that.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Dr. Faustus posted:

I am stupid enough to believe the GA DA and the DOJ are going to nail the gently caress out of DJT and lots of other people from his administration. I base that on the requirements of law and the evidence I have already seen. I am confident the GA GJ and the DOJ will have everything they need to not only prove the crime but also intent. Don't forget Eastmann has at least two hand-written notes from Trump in his Federal case in CA. I think odds are good there are more, and possibly better, smoking guns out there.

At this point in time just getting Trump convicted is enough for the Dems. Block him out from running ever again, I can see that as their endgame.

MAGA is going to still be around flipping poo poo when that happens.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
If you can lock Trump out of the election, you can split the Republican vote between those loyal to the party and those loyal to Trump, who would "fight like hell" to get him elected when it's literally impossible.

And maybe then democrats can win a few seats with their dumb uninspiring "centrist" bullshit they refuse to move on from.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

Seems like one of those things where if you panned over a couple feet there’d be a set of stairs.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

mik posted:

Seems like one of those things where if you panned over a couple feet there’d be a set of stairs.

It's exactly that. There was no reason for anyone to climb the wall like that, they just wanted to.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Judge Schnoopy posted:

If you can lock Trump out of the election,
If in the House Committee Interim Report they are going to publish they layout out the sedition case and those to whom it applies that may be enough to make 14th amendment actions in civil court to keep most of the culprits off the ballots.

There is a lot of room in that but it seems reasonable to me that with a clearly written and factual finding that a civil court can find that sufficient to exclude people like Greene, Boebert and maybe even Cruz and Trump off the ballot in enough areas to cripple them.

I’m hopeful that one of the hearings will be CPD video footage of “here’s X who has plead guilty to seditious conspiracy, with others who have been charged, being shown how to get around the capitol by congresspersons on Jan 05, an act in furtherance of the conspiracy.”

Edit: Because we also know that Eastman was also talking to congresspeople about their role in the objection plan and so if show it’s the same people then you can start to draw a line between the conspiracy to siege the capitol and the conspiracy to defraud the US and make them part of the same seditious conspiracy.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 11, 2022

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

mik posted:

Correct, but they were barricaded:
https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1347304138099535874

DSPaul
Jun 29, 2006

I are an intellekshool.

Automata 10 Pack posted:

It’s hard to compare because very few of the “crazies” actually believe the conspiracies they spout. The conspiracies are a means to an end. There are no good faith Republicans anymore.

Depends on what you mean by "believe." I'm pretty sure a lot of them "believe" in the existence of the Vast Left-wing Conspiracy in the same way they believe in God, life after death, and fetal personhood -- as an article of faith, rather than a rational conclusion based on empirical evidence. It's revealed wisdom from on high, and doubting is a sin. It's not a matter of logic to them, it's a matter of morality. This kind of political fundamentalism isn't unique to the far right, of course, but it's currently most dominant in the Republican Party.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

DSPaul posted:

Depends on what you mean by "believe." I'm pretty sure a lot of them "believe" in the existence of the Vast Left-wing Conspiracy in the same way they believe in God, life after death, and fetal personhood -- as an article of faith, rather than a rational conclusion based on empirical evidence. It's revealed wisdom from on high, and doubting is a sin. It's not a matter of logic to them, it's a matter of morality. This kind of political fundamentalism isn't unique to the far right, of course, but it's currently most dominant in the Republican Party.
But that’s more about their psychology, not really about a conspiracy. The closest they get to earnestly believing a conspiracy is the “emotional truth” behind it.

But even then I think what you said is dubious. No one goes to church anymore, they aren’t religious. Actually talk to these people about abortion and you’ll realize they just think it’s loving sick they get to be on the team that imposes their will on 150,000,000 people.

Its all about climbing or retaining their position in whatever hierarchy the dumb chimp in their brain tells them, and they want to do it through dominance. Will over reasoning. That’s it. That’s all there is.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 11, 2022

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

I wish I shared your optimism. You're not wrong. I just don't see a road forward for anyone in a position of power caring enough to do what's right and doing anything about what we've all seen with our won eyes. If 1/6 had somehow led to a huge group of rich people people having their money taken from them then I think we'd see action. But as it stands now, 1/2 of our two viable political parties finds these morons fairly useful and only needs to figure out a way to kind of sort of control them.

I think the fact that they can't worries them and the smarter republicans can see the Frankenstein monster for what it is but none of them are getting elected without that creature making his way to a ballot box. Hell, some of them are getting primaried from the right for not buying into it.

Seven out of every ten Republicans think the election was stolen.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Its all about climbing or retaining their position in whatever hierarchy the dumb chimp in their brain tells them, and they want to do it through dominance. Will over reasoning. That’s it. That’s all there is.
:hmmyes:

They genuinely are about on the philosophical level of cavemen. Community is just a vector for proving strength and defining who to test your strength against.

There's a nasty Punisher comic from about 15 years ago, give or take, where he disrupts a human trafficking ring. There's one of those trademark scenes where he lays out one of the ringleaders and talks about exactly why she's a piece of poo poo. I won't post the whole thing but there are three panels that really sum up why that philosophy is inherently broken at the firmament:

And out of context, you can see why MAGA CHUDs map to that-- they're the hyperindividual strong man standing up to the corrupt power structure! Look at her, she ran a sex slave ring. She is objectively a bad person! He's just doing what strong men should do! The Good Guy with a Gun!

Except, the entire point of this is that ol' Punisher here is just showing where that philosophy ends. Every time. If the only thing you build is a culture of strength, all you've ever done is create a timer for when some nastier brute just charges in and wrecks your poo poo-- maybe for the right reasons, or maybe because he feels like it, but it's just a neverending cycle. There's no hope. There's nothing being built. It's just senseless, mindless brutality for gratification's sake.

But it's what they want. Because it'll make them feel good.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/dc-disciplinary-office-files-ethics-charges-over-rudy-giulinis-false-election-2022-06-10/

Giuliani hit with ethics charges by Washington D.C. authorities over false election claims
"WASHINGTON, June 10 (Reuters) - The District of Columbia office that polices attorneys for ethical misconduct filed charges on Friday against President Donald Trump's former attorney, Rudy Giuliani, over baseless claims he made in federal court alleging the 2020 presidential election was stolen.

The complaint says Giuliani sought an emergency order to prohibit the certification of the presidential election, an order to invalidate ballots cast by certain voters in seven counties, and other orders that would have permitted the state's assembly to choose its electors and declare Trump the winner in Pennsylvania.

The charges say his conduct violated two professional conduct rules in Pennsylvania that bar attorneys from bringing frivolous proceedings without a basis in law or fact and prohibit conduct that is prejudicial to the administration of justice."

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

What Maga and Jan 6th proved to me more than anything is that red hats are embracing Orwellian levels of doublethink. They believe some of their conspiracies, sure, but simultaneously know it's bullshit, but love how angry it makes liberals. I'm sure some would say these people are stupid, or deluded, or just believe their own hype. But I think it's way more dangerous. I think we've cultivated a group of people for whom the very idea of belief is flexible. They know the conclusion they want - To be right, to be in power, to deny power to those who don't deserve it, and to return to a kind of sedated normalcy that never existed - and they will embrace any ideology that lets them arrive at their conclusions.

This is why they can believe simultaneously in denying abortion rights to people, but also believe birth control is a sin and that living children don't merit taking care of. This is how they believe in charity when it's convenient but hate the idea of governments caring for the undeserving. This is how they believe in personal responsibility but hate it when any study shows how we impact the environment. And on and on.

These people want a story that allows them to be right. They don't care if it's true. The next person to tell them their story loud enough and with enough authority will be embraced. Maybe it's Trump and maybe it's not.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

BiggerBoat posted:

Kind of a fluff piece but whatever

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-capitol-siege-middle-east-congress-philadelphia-0a871c7f5ba417cbd38684d979c69421

Jan. 6 hearing doesn’t change many minds in Philly suburbs

I love the whole "they want to find him guilty of something" as if they just made everything up or that poo poo like this happens all the time. Reminds me of how many times John Gotti walked. Yeah, they really just wanted to find that murderous criminal extornist guily of something.

I can't believe the guy running the Trump merchandise store wasn't swayed.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

I can't believe the guy running the Trump merchandise store wasn't swayed.

Yeah this seems like a pretty cherry picked sample of both sidesism

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Mendrian posted:

What Maga and Jan 6th proved to me more than anything is that red hats are embracing Orwellian levels of doublethink. They believe some of their conspiracies, sure, but simultaneously know it's bullshit, but love how angry it makes liberals. I'm sure some would say these people are stupid, or deluded, or just believe their own hype. But I think it's way more dangerous. I think we've cultivated a group of people for whom the very idea of belief is flexible. They know the conclusion they want - To be right, to be in power, to deny power to those who don't deserve it, and to return to a kind of sedated normalcy that never existed - and they will embrace any ideology that lets them arrive at their conclusions.

This is why they can believe simultaneously in denying abortion rights to people, but also believe birth control is a sin and that living children don't merit taking care of. This is how they believe in charity when it's convenient but hate the idea of governments caring for the undeserving. This is how they believe in personal responsibility but hate it when any study shows how we impact the environment. And on and on.

These people want a story that allows them to be right. They don't care if it's true. The next person to tell them their story loud enough and with enough authority will be embraced. Maybe it's Trump and maybe it's not.

Conservatives are people who believe that violence is the first and best solution to most if not all problems, but still believe that violence is just that - a means to an end.
Fascists are "people" who believe that violence is an ends unto itself and that power and cruelty require and permit no justification.

Republicans are, and have been for at least the better part of a decade now, fascists. They do X to own the Libs. The cruelty is the point in the most literal and concrete sense possible. They do not have coherent goals that a sane person empathize with, not anymore. All they have is their hatred.

"We must oppress the Jews because they are a threat to the German way of life." is a factually and morally incorrect statement, but it is something anyone can understand. If the German way of life is worth protecting, and if Jewish people threaten it, then it is clear and logical that the Jewish people must be confronted. "I enjoy hurting people." is not really something anyone who isn't also a fascist or sadist can understand or process. And it's the latter, again, that we are now at.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Conservatives are people who believe that violence is the first and best solution to most if not all problems, but still believe that violence is just that - a means to an end.
Fascists are "people" who believe that violence is an ends unto itself and that power and cruelty require and permit no justification.

Republicans are, and have been for at least the better part of a decade now, fascists. They do X to own the Libs. The cruelty is the point in the most literal and concrete sense possible. They do not have coherent goals that a sane person empathize with, not anymore. All they have is their hatred.

"We must oppress the Jews because they are a threat to the German way of life." is a factually and morally incorrect statement, but it is something anyone can understand. If the German way of life is worth protecting, and if Jewish people threaten it, then it is clear and logical that the Jewish people must be confronted. "I enjoy hurting people." is not really something anyone who isn't also a fascist or sadist can understand or process. And it's the latter, again, that we are now at.

A year ago I probably would have skimmed right over this post as over-the-top hyperbole. At this point, though, I'm pretty sure you're correct.

My parents are boomers, in their mid-70s. They've always been "conservative" (whatever the gently caress that means). The first votes I ever cast were for Ron Paul in the 2008 GOP primary (where are my old school D&D peeps at??), and then for Obama shortly thereafter in the 2008 presidential election. After Obama's heel turn circa 2010 I've turned increasingly towards the left, and unashamedly describe myself as a Marxist these days.

All that backstory to say; a year ago, I could have a political conversation with my parents. Keyword: conversation. We rarely agreed but could at least have a cordial discussion.

Not anymore. They're both Tucker acolytes and it's almost impossible to have ANY type of conversation with them - everything, no matter how innocuous, comes back to something they heard from Tucker. Paint on the stop sign chipping? Must be Antifa.

They're retired millionaires who own their home in the suburbs. They drive 50 miles a month in a brand-new Lexus and send me pictures of the gas pump when they fill up, hoping it will get a rise out of me.

I stopped talking to them a month or so ago. Just waiting for the inevitable Q-anon turn.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
That's rough. During the George Floyd protests I was able to finally ween my step-dad off of Fox News and it was amazing how much his attitude and demeanor improved . The channel had completely changed his personality. What Fox News does to people is pure strain poison.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

-Blackadder- posted:

That's rough. During the George Floyd protests I was able to finally ween my step-dad off of Fox News and it was amazing how much his attitude and demeanor improved . The channel had completely changed his personality. What Fox News does to people is pure strain poison.

Fox is by a wide margin the worst, but really any of the 24/7 news channels (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) as well as most social media news will gently caress your brain up. I remember back in high school I ended up tuning into a fuckton of CNN during the 9/11 and early Iraq War period and I could feel it loving with my brain and how I perceived the world around me.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
One of Fox’s more effective tactics is to just straight up attack stories on other channels.

“CNN said 6 police died as a result of the capitol attack and that is a lie, the event was peaceful” And you will never see Proud Boy Briggs push aside the barriers; assault a police officer, knock them unconscious, take their riot shield, run to a preselected window on the capitol and use the shield to smash it open.

Since it’s all US v Them this sets up that if you watch Fox for a period of time then anything not the fox narrative becomes manipulated media, deep fakes or whatever and not to be believed.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Today's hearing starts at 10am

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/13/politics/watch-january-6-hearing-online-tv-streaming/index.html

The hearing is expected to detail how then-President Donald Trump “engaged in a massive effort to spread false and fraudulent information” even though “Trump and his advisers knew that he had, in fact, lost the election,” according to panel Vice Chair Liz Cheney, a Wyoming Republican, who outlined on Thursday what the committee plans to unveil over its seven June hearings.

Monday’s hearing will include testimony from conservative Republican election attorney Ben Ginsberg and former Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien, according to a press release from the committee.

Additional testimony is expected from BJay Pak, the former US Attorney for the North District of Georgia, and Al Schmidt, a former Philadelphia city commissioner.

Chris Stirewalt, the former Fox political editor who was fired from the network in January 2021 after right-wing backlash to Fox’s call of Arizona for then-candidate Joe Biden during the 2020 presidential election, will also appear as a witness.

The hearing will be aired live on CNN and a livestream will be featured on CNN.com without requiring a login.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BiggerBoat posted:

Today's hearing starts at 10am

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/13/politics/watch-january-6-hearing-online-tv-streaming/index.html

The hearing is expected to detail how then-President Donald Trump “engaged in a massive effort to spread false and fraudulent information” even though “Trump and his advisers knew that he had, in fact, lost the election,” according to panel Vice Chair Liz Cheney, a Wyoming Republican, who outlined on Thursday what the committee plans to unveil over its seven June hearings.

Monday’s hearing will include testimony from conservative Republican election attorney Ben Ginsberg and former Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien, according to a press release from the committee.

Additional testimony is expected from BJay Pak, the former US Attorney for the North District of Georgia, and Al Schmidt, a former Philadelphia city commissioner.

Chris Stirewalt, the former Fox political editor who was fired from the network in January 2021 after right-wing backlash to Fox’s call of Arizona for then-candidate Joe Biden during the 2020 presidential election, will also appear as a witness.

The hearing will be aired live on CNN and a livestream will be featured on CNN.com without requiring a login.

So apparently Fox News WILL have it on today.

quote:

The X-factor on cable is Fox -- since the network pointedly ignored last week's prime time hearing. Tucker Carlson falsely accused other networks of "colluding" with Democrats to air "propaganda." Sean Hannity said it was an irrelevant "sham." But this time around, Fox is going to show the hearing: As Los Angeles Times reporter Stephen Battaglio noted, "Fox News plans to cover the hearings on its main channel when they resume on Monday."

Fox's argument seems to be that prime time is different from daytime: Prime is for opinion hosts like Tucker Carlson, who rejected last Thursday's hearing, but daytime is for news.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Silly Burrito posted:

So apparently Fox News WILL have it on today.

quote:

Fox's argument seems to be that prime time is different from daytime: Prime is for opinion hosts like Tucker Carlson, who rejected last Thursday's hearing, but daytime is for news.

Oh, so THATS how it works. Ok got it. Real news during day. Fake poo poo when the moon is out.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Murdoch owned newspapers blasted Trump over the weekend in some op eds. Will they finally turn on their monster?

Aren't they still involved in several suits around election reporting? I wonder if a lawyer on their team was like, "You denying obvious facts around Jan 06 is not helping us to avoid $billions in penalties here"

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Murgos posted:

Murdoch owned newspapers blasted Trump over the weekend in some op eds. Will they finally turn on their monster?
Spoiler alert: No. My guess is its more hedging their bets in case something really damning comes out/preparing to pivot to DeSantis as the next Great White Hope.

quote:

Aren't they still involved in several suits around election reporting? I wonder if a lawyer on their team was like, "You denying obvious facts around Jan 06 is not helping us to avoid $billions in penalties here"
Doubtful, since op eds are opinion pages and they've spewed bullshit for eons without repercussions.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I could be a naïve idiot, but it feels a whole lot like over the past month or two we've been seeing cracks in the foundation of Trump's support within the party that just weren't there before. More and more chatter around DeSantis as the heir apparent, those straw poll results from out west, right-wing outlets being a bit more willing to come out against Trump ... it's little poo poo here and there, but for me it adds up to the feeling that the party's slowly coming around to jettisoning him. I wonder if what comes out of these hearings is considered the turning point — a convenient spot for the stakeholders to cut bait and start prepping the runway for DeSantis.

It'd be really loving funny to see the party backstab Trump the same way he's backstabbed, like, every member of his inner circle.

It'd also be really loving funny to see Trump decide to run third-party out of spite.

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 13, 2022

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Oracle posted:

Doubtful, since op eds are opinion pages and they've spewed bullshit for eons without repercussions.
Sorry, that was in reference to adding the TV coverage. Putting the hearings on and talking over them at least gives them cover that they are just reporting everything and it's not their fault if their viewers draw different conclusions than a rational observer.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Toaster Beef posted:

I could be a naïve idiot, but it feels a whole lot like over the past month or two we've been seeing cracks in the foundation of Trump's support within the party that just weren't there before. More and more chatter around DeSantis as the heir apparent, those straw poll results from out west, right-wing outlets being a bit more willing to come out against Trump ... it's little poo poo here and there, but for me it adds up to the feeling that the party's slowly coming around to jettisoning him. I wonder if what comes out of these hearings is considered the turning point — a convenient spot for the stakeholders to cut bait and start prepping the runway for DeSantis.

It'd be really loving funny to see the party backstab Trump the same way he's backstabbed, like, every member of his inner circle.

It'd also be really loving funny to see Trump decide to run third-party out of spite.

It was funny in 2016 to see him run, but it wouldn't be funny in 2024 at all.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

The Bananana posted:

Oh, so THATS how it works. Ok got it. Real news during day. Fake poo poo when the moon is out.

It's probably also a lot to do with their highest rated show (Tucker) being on last time.

I highly doubt they just had a moment of clarity or cared about the criticism they got.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I'd like to see 2 actions come from this set of hearings.

1. A recommendation to refer Trump and as much of his staff and enablers, including state and local officials and private citizens, for whom there is sufficient evidence that they helped forward the conspiracy to the DoJ for a grand jury investigation

2. A definition of sedition that fits within that held by the 14th amendment and other laws that's used to create list of Federal and State officials who are no longer eligible to hold a position under the constitution that can be used by state civil courts as evidence to remove these people from ballots

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Number of Youtube channels streaming the hearing but it's been pushed back to 10:30.

Bill Steppian (sp?) has declined to appear in person due to a 'family emergency' so they are restructuring or substituting in recorded testimony.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Murgos posted:

Number of Youtube channels streaming the hearing but it's been pushed back to 10:30.

Bill Steppian (sp?) has declined to appear in person due to a 'family emergency' so they are restructuring or substituting in recorded testimony.

Apparently his wife is in labor.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Oracle posted:

Spoiler alert: No. My guess is its more hedging their bets in case something really damning comes out/preparing to pivot to DeSantis as the next Great White Hope.

that but also its been floating around that trump is gonna start his election run in july as some 4th of july jerk off fest and that might end up hurting some GOP elections in the midterms and trump getting spooked from desantis creeping up on him and wants to make the first move.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Looks like things are starting up soon?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtM9Itv6tj8

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
"an apparently inebriated Rudy Giuliani"

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
"Followed the advice of apparently inebriated Rudy Giuliani"

efb