Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

the thread policy is still that you should not kill yourself

you should instead preemptively kill you're famil by not making one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

That cartoon dog is absolutely relishing that cheeky poo poo

"Cleaning this up? Your job. And it's hot and fresh."

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i rather be full of plastic on earth then full of lead in the ocean

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

I dont know how you doomers can say that nothing is being done to stop climate change given our policy wrt covid

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
you've got to hand it to republicans
https://twitter.com/USRepGaryPalmer/status/1534898596394459140
democrats want to exploit the rest of the world first
but republicans' dedication to exploiting natural resources applies to home as well
unbeknownst to them democrats are just secretly doing this

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
Haha, all it takes for us to completely abandon even the ineffective token climate gestures is slightly more expensive energy prices and a minor war on the other side of the world

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

T-Paine posted:

Haha, all it takes for us to completely abandon even the ineffective token climate gestures is slightly more expensive energy prices and a minor war on the other side of the world

The United States has no strategic interest in lowering the global energy supply.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Egg Moron posted:

will saving the world end racism?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
everything sucks but last year i carefully avoided mowing this singular daisy and now look!!

hekaton
Jan 5, 2022

sure wish i could understand what the hell was going on with my life
so i could be properly upset when things happen

mediaphage posted:

everything sucks but last year i carefully avoided mowing this singular daisy and now look!!

ONE YEAR LATER

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

mediaphage posted:

Touch daisys

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

endlessmonotony posted:

And it works a lot better on the COVID thread because this thread is a lot more zen.

In the sense of "we're just accepting we're not in control and that the world is a place where your desire for it to be better only causes you to suffer".

joke’s on anyone hatereading this thread, the psychic damage inevitably accumulates and they lose their poo poo like arf did :eng101:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blockade posted:

I dont know how you doomers can say that nothing is being done to stop climate change given our policy wrt covid

lol

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

The summer has only gotten started and Alaska is already breaking records in wildfire.

quote:

Officials on Friday put the communities of St. Mary's and Pitkas Point into "ready" status, meaning residents should gather important items they would want to have with them if they have to evacuate, said U.S. Bureau of Land Management Alaska Fire Service spokesperson Beth Ipsen by text. That would be followed by "set," or getting a go-bag ready and leaving if the "go" order is given.

The fire is consuming dry grass, alder and willow bushes on the largely treeless tundra as gusts of up to 30 mph (48.28 kph) are pushing the fire in the general direction of St. Mary's and Pitkas Point, Yup'ik subsistence communities with a combined population of about 700 people and about 10 miles (16 kilometers) apart.

[...]

He said based on records from the Alaska Fire Service dating back to the 1940s, this is the largest documented wildfire in the lower Yukon River valley. There are much bigger fires recorded just 50 or 60 miles (97 kilometers) north of St. Mary's, but those burned in boreal forests.

[...]

The area where the tundra fire is burning, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta, lost its snowpack early this year, leaving grass and other vegetation longer to dry out. Coupled with the warmest period on record in the region recently, it provided for the perfect storm for this fire that was started by lightning on May 31.

For the period covering the last week of May and the first week of June, Bethel had its warmest temperatures on record this year, 9 degrees F (12.78 degrees C) above its normal 48 degrees F (8.89 degrees C), Thoman said.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
that reminds me to get marshmallows

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

mediaphage posted:

Furiously filing a complaint with the city for lawn with noxious weeds exceeding 12" in height

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

£2.38 a litre is ~$11 a US gallon

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
thats hosed up, praying for your freedom

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

God Hole posted:

the thread policy is still that you should not kill yourself

you should instead preemptively kill you're famil by not making one

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

kecske posted:

£2.38 a litre is ~$11 a US gallon

you have public transit though

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

T-Paine posted:

There never was, and still isn't, any real political will to do anything serious about it. The nature of capitalism makes it impossible for most politicians, who serve capital, to act in any way that would hurt their masters.

Climate change is going to lead to WW3 tho, when India and Pakistan become too hot for people to live there, so maybe that will lead to the end of capitalism. :shrug:

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRPcyWNfgxo
someone is mad about being called out on their climate video

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

almost positive someone in the thread did this better already but maybe thats covid induced dementia so sorry

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

:effort:

also

thats not candy posted:

almost positive someone in the thread did this better already but maybe thats covid induced dementia so sorry

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

should have gone gree n!!!!

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Evil_Greven posted:

Awesome

I wonder what Kurzgezagagat's username is. I bet they're the "doomer wrecker" guy

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Evil_Greven posted:

e: nevermind, didn't realize at first that this was a second channel

TeenageArchipelago has issued a correction as of 22:57 on Jun 11, 2022

hekaton
Jan 5, 2022

sure wish i could understand what the hell was going on with my life
so i could be properly upset when things happen

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LELvVUIz5pY

the financial scam as sponsored content is magnificent

Eddy-Baby
Mar 8, 2006

₤₤LOADSA MONAY₤₤
Here are some print and play games you can enjoy with your friends

Geoengineering 101 Game posted:

Action to stop climate change came too little and too late. Geoengineering, although dangerous and unproven, is now on the table. A world like this has no winners, but can you minimize the hardship your regions face? This fast paced educational board game is for 2-4 players or teams, and plays in 30 minutes.

https://www.californiarailmap.com/geo101

California Water Crisis posted:

Based on extensive research on California water history and current conditions, California Water Crisis will expose you to real world challenges such as special interest groups, groundwater depletion, and population growth.

https://www.californiarailmap.com/cawater

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

CODChimera posted:

people from the bad place keep saying this as if it's some kind of own or competition as to who will get hosed up first. it's a bit weird

I just think it's a little bit cringe, myself.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Eddy-Baby posted:

Here are some print and play games you can enjoy with your friends

https://www.californiarailmap.com/geo101

https://www.californiarailmap.com/cawater

Saving these for later

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Evil_Greven posted:

having watched that video, it really is wild just how quickly pointing out "this person is giving you a grant because you are saying things that he likes" gets people to lump you in with conspiracy theorists. It's not even that out-there of an idea. Would Bill Gates give you a grant if you were promoting anti-vax propaganda? Would he give you a grant if you were proposing that governments seize all of the means of production and mobilize the economy to fight climate change? I think people like the one responding for that channel think that they are apolitical actors promoting science and reason, not people who are promoting an ideology that can be acted on. Sure that ideology is centrist status-quo, but it is an ideology nonetheless.

I really wish that Kurgz could express why they thought that Gates sponsored the channel to begin with. What is it that Gates found worthy of promoting in that channel that warranted a grant? Because that's why Gates gave the channel a grant. He wasn't looking to make money off of the channel, if he were then he would have invested in the channel in exchange for ownership.

But because the owner of Kurgz can't accept that he is a person whose ideology impacts the way that he runs the channel, that he is not an apolitical entity who is saying the unbiased truth, it's a question that he will probably never be able to answer

lol, lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

new forum background