Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

any chicago goons in this thread? any dispensaries worth checking out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Hellblazer187 posted:

I know I should ask my doctor, but just out of curiosity has anyone had trouble with weed while taking an SSRI?

Weed and SSRIs can both make you fat, so keep an eye on what you’re eating.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I do keep an eye on what I'm eating, all the way from the plate to my mouth.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Mozi posted:

I do keep an eye on what I'm eating, all the way from the plate to my mouth.

Post/av combo

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Earwicker posted:

any chicago goons in this thread? any dispensaries worth checking out?

What makes a dispensary worth going to? I got to NuEra and Moca cause they're walkable from me. I just put in orders online and pick them up. I've never really talked with anyone though.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Pueblo must be the cheapest goddamn place in the state for weed, I've seen 8g/$48 wax deals there on weedmaps recently. That's pretty goddamn nuts and is slightly cheaper than deals I saw last december when shops were rushing to sell everything they could before the medical concentrates law changed.

Don't buy Green Source weed though. It's poo poo. There's a reason Green Source doesn't advertise on weedmaps or leafly, it's because it's lovely weed.

I ended up finding that place on Weedmaps because we wanted to buy a bunch of flavored Batch carts, it was worth the detour (we ended up getting home at 7PM and I had to clock into work by 10 lol!)

Thanks for the warning. For anyone who might visit NM and partake in rec, DO NOT PURCHASED WEED FROM PURLIFE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EVER PURCHASE WEED FROM PURLIFE.
PurLife is part-owned and operated by former Bernalillo County Sheriff Darren White, a man who used to be my mom's next-door neighbor when she moved into the condo she purchased after she divorced my dad 18 years ago.
Darren White loved talking about busting potheads and putting them in jail, and got in a lot of trouble when his wife caused a major car accident in the middle of the day and he showed up, while sheriff, to pick her up and whisk her away from any consequences for plowing through an intersection drunk. Like, forced out of his condo by the HOA trouble.
Now he is, and always has been, a huge advocate of weed :rolleyes:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

grow your own weed

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

you'll never understand how badly you're getting ripped off every time you buy weed until you grow some weed and dry/cure it yourself and keep all the kief that falls off of it and make the trim into edibles and smoke the best buds yourself

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

GigaPeon posted:

What makes a dispensary worth going to?

a good variety of stuff with good prices p much

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

poverty goat posted:

you'll never understand how badly you're getting ripped off every time you buy weed until you grow some weed and dry/cure it yourself and keep all the kief that falls off of it and make the trim into edibles and smoke the best buds yourself

I wanna grow a couple of plants but my living situation is... extremely not conducive to taking up the rest of the usable space in my shitbox apartment with two motherfucking weed plants that every crackhead for 3 blocks can smell.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

GigaPeon posted:

What makes a dispensary worth going to?

For me it’s people I like who charge at or below list price.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Earwicker posted:

a good variety of stuff with good prices p much

There's one I go to whenever I'm in Colorado Springs and they have some form of sale going on. Grant Pharms (medical only). It's really drat good weed and I've trimmed for them, never once saw a speck of mold or PM. Tends to be a bit pricier but it's just so drat good. Crunchberry is my go-to.

poverty goat posted:

grow your own weed

I'm not risking my <$900/mo apartment when flower and wax are as cheap as it is in Pueblo. I've grown before, in an apartment I knew didn't give a gently caress, but I'm not testing these folks.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 12, 2022

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
coming back from a 7 day vacation forced T break. Hyped for that first rip

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yea if i am ever rich enough to have like an actual yard or garden and have enough free time to grow and maintain crops, i will definitely grow some weed but since i live in an apartment and travel constantly i dont think it would work out

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
What are the rules on growing in an RV while I travel the southwest?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

For me it’s people I like who charge at or below list price.

In my experience in Chicago, all the dispensaries are within a few bucks of each other, give or take some specials. But only buy stuff like twice a year cause I'm a low tolerance weedbaby.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

What are the rules on growing in an RV while I travel the southwest?

New Mexico will absolutely go out of its way to give you a DWI if you get caught

Edit: Pretty sure they'd be really loving pissed it's not contained in the confines of a house or yard, too.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 12, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nah, I'm white, and a veteran, I'm sure I'll be fine. Lol.

I honestly wouldn't bother if I wind up in an RV. The roof would need to be entirely solar panels and every square inch inside is too important. And it wouldn't be a great idea on BLM land being federal and all. I'd be on the news somewhere as busted running a mobile drug lab or something for two plants stuffed into one of the world's smallest closets.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Nah, I'm white, and a veteran, I'm sure I'll be fine. Lol.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Play to your strengths. Cops tend to leave vets alone. I should probably do some dumb troops mural on the side, cops would get all weepy and salute the RV while making sure no one hits me as I change a blown out tire. Got to have the veteran license plate though, that's icing on the cake.

You also have to dress the part.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Play to your strengths. Cops tend to leave vets alone. I should probably do some dumb troops mural on the side, cops would get all weepy and salute the RV while making sure no one hits me as I change a blown out tire. Got to have the veteran license plate though, that's icing on the cake.

You also have to dress the part.

That's Kathryn Hahn in the back there, but my brain is flipping between Zach Galifinakis and Nick Offerman like that old woman/young lady illusion.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Exactly. It's Nick Offerman looking like a very forgettable Galafinakis, who looks like equally forgettable people. Never underestimate the value of good camouflage. We're the Millers is good, too.

I'm not quite ready to accept dad-style camo yet. An RV might push me towards polos and khaki shorts. And drive everywhere with the Eagles blaring. Only then will I reach my peak true whiteness. In an RV that reeks of weed.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm going to hopefully get stoned out of my box later.... :420:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I weeded

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
I scored a fresh half oz bag can’t wait to blow through it in a week

although I did puke after a bowl of it earlier. that was horrible but I’m sure it won’t happen again

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I'm going to Chicago in 2 weeks on vacation. I'm gonna smoke weed and look at dinosaurs/fish/stars

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Same

https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1536317229687504896

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
just visited Boston and wound up hitting a dispensary. it was super cool - felt like being in an Apple store. people were helpful and the products were good as hell. they sell it in seltzer form now!! it's not really a great deal pricewise but how cool is that?

though the prices in general were great - 1/2 oz was $99 and you could mix and match different strains. I got a couple packs of gummies because I figured I could get those on the plane. I just bought a bag of licorice and stashed them in there - I imagine you can't get caught doing this?? I was nervous about it but I gather that A) TSA is not going to rummage through some loser's candy and B) even if they did they'd just throw it out

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i fly very frequently with personal amounts of weed and ive been doing so for years without issue, i really dont think tsa gives a poo poo as long as you aren't carrying large amounts. keep it in your carry on, not your checked luggage (they will steal it). dont do any goofy poo poo to try to hide it. i almost always have a vape pen in my jacket pocket and an oil cart or two, maybe a preroll or two, in my main music gear backpack and ive gone through security like over a hundred times like that with no problem.

there are so many people flying with weed these days, since its now legal in most of the country's major population centers, it would be utter chaos if they went after it. the whole point of tsa is to get as many people through security as fast as possible while creating the illusion that theyve screened everyone for bombs and weapons. weed isnt really on their radar

im talking only about domestic us travel tho. international is a whole different thing and much riskier

JAMOOOL posted:

B) even if they did they'd just throw it out

lmao why would they throw it out? theyd just keep it for themselves

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 13, 2022

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
ya I figured as much - last time I went to Boston, my grandma also flew in and unknowingly had a joint in her purse (it was her joint, clearly marked in one of those medical tubes - she just forgot she had it in there). I guess I was afraid there might be a dog or something, who knows. though if I'm travelling with 1g I doubt a doggie would pick that up anyway

I know the TSA don't care, just wondering if it's one of those situations where they *have* to report it. I reckon they probably do if it's like, 1oz+

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Too small for me to fit inside, this is bullshit.

Big surprise, no one's using them. Where are the dudes blazin' phat blunts before getting on the plane, like that lady that chugged an entire bottle of vodka?

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

JAMOOOL posted:

just visited Boston and wound up hitting a dispensary. it was super cool - felt like being in an Apple store. people were helpful and the products were good as hell. they sell it in seltzer form now!! it's not really a great deal pricewise but how cool is that?

though the prices in general were great - 1/2 oz was $99 and you could mix and match different strains. I got a couple packs of gummies because I figured I could get those on the plane. I just bought a bag of licorice and stashed them in there - I imagine you can't get caught doing this?? I was nervous about it but I gather that A) TSA is not going to rummage through some loser's candy and B) even if they did they'd just throw it out

Which seltzer did you get? Levia?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

what in the hell lmao

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Dilber posted:

Which seltzer did you get? Levia?

I got 2 separate ones, iirc one was a hybrid Levia for $7, the other was a 4-pack of "the other brand" for $20

to be clear these are a bad deal (the gummies get you like 3-4x more THC for the price) but the novelty factor is very cool. I think it would be very neat to get one of these at a restaurant so it kicks in at whatever you're doing afterwards.

I also like how every edible is capped at 5mg, though some of the gummies I got were 5mg THC and 5mg THCV which is different from a 10mg edible how exactly? (the dude explained it but I wasn't really getting it) I know for a lot of people in this thread 5mg is nothing but for me that's a good low dose, whereas 10mg will put me over the edge. hence why I like that law, because unlike alcohol it's very easy (and very bad) to accidentally take 10x more than you intended

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Just don’t gently caress with customs and border patrol. They still care.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

JAMOOOL posted:

I got 2 separate ones, iirc one was a hybrid Levia for $7, the other was a 4-pack of "the other brand" for $20

to be clear these are a bad deal (the gummies get you like 3-4x more THC for the price) but the novelty factor is very cool. I think it would be very neat to get one of these at a restaurant so it kicks in at whatever you're doing afterwards.

I also like how every edible is capped at 5mg, though some of the gummies I got were 5mg THC and 5mg THCV which is different from a 10mg edible how exactly? (the dude explained it but I wasn't really getting it) I know for a lot of people in this thread 5mg is nothing but for me that's a good low dose, whereas 10mg will put me over the edge. hence why I like that law, because unlike alcohol it's very easy (and very bad) to accidentally take 10x more than you intended

Shot you a PM because I would LIKE TO KNOW MORE (as I work for the parent company that owns Levia and I've never gotten to try one yet).

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Back in 2018 when Canada made weed legal I bought a shitload of weed because it was amazing to me that we could buy it in a store. I never thought that day would come. I had only smoked up once in a while since I was a teenager in the 90's and after smoking a few tokes I found that weed hosed me up too bad to smoke it. That is until I tried edibles a few weeks back, now I enjoy eating a gummy or two a couple of hours before bed and getting some of the best sleep I've had in years.

Thanks for attending my TED talk.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

eddiewalker posted:

Just don’t gently caress with customs and border patrol. They still care.

Fed cops in general. You should even be suspect of park rangers and whoever handles law enforcement on BLM land.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

poverty goat posted:

Your first run is always the hardest and most disheartening lmao. Take it from me, who spent a whole entire month trying to get like 6 seeds to sprout just to lose them to snails and birds. One sapling got picked out by a bird and the rest of the seeds were eaten right out of the dirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I did a very rare twitter rant.

https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1536520804300627969
https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1536522093482983426

It's really loving weird that there's a small but significant and very vocal minority who genuinely feel like this.

Was/is it the same in places in the US that went legal? How did you all cope?

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jun 14, 2022