Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Rngrs look bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Do the Rangers not want to be playing hockey any more?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

knox posted:

I love Lafreniere, but with Trouba's diving elbow and this one straight to Hedman's jaw...that's what we've been reduced to?

Lol literally how the Rangers got this far.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Apparently there is quit in NY.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This is just setting up a classic g6 Tampa choke

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Alright, you gave the Lightning a powerplay. By playoff law, you now have to give the Rangers a powerplay, whether they deserve it or not

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/vzmercogliano/status/1535799966861471744

Gallant is a bad coach.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Should have played Reaves

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
gently caress the cheapshotting shithead rangers

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Can't catch passes, can't settle pucks, can't loving shoot, can't get into position, just start up the loving airplane and gently caress off back to NY if you're gonna play this bad, poo poo is embarrassing

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
That was a loving dire period of hockey.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM DRYDEN HUNT ON THE SEOND LINE. IM GERARD GALLANT

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Matt Zerella posted:

Apparently there is quit in NY.

I mean, can you quit if you never really started?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
At 1 nothing Rangers still very much in this and they really should not be.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

It’s all Igor.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

They really aren’t its just Shesty being a god.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
It would be cool if Artemi Panarin did a thing in this third.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

*in Maury Povich voice* and the lie detector test determined THAT was a lie

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
This game has been loving boring for how close it is and how high the stakes are.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

deoju posted:

This game has been loving boring for how close it is and how high the stakes are.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

deoju posted:

This whole series has been an insane snoozer for a conference finals. New York barely seems to care.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Jovial Cow posted:

It would be cool if Artemi Panarin did a thing in this third.

He's playing with Dryden Hunt, a useless AHL grinder, and a broken Ryan Strome. I don't think this is his fault.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

deoju posted:

The Rangers had a 4-5 game hot streak from the end of the Carolina series to the start of this one and have returned to their natural state of being dogshit garbage. Now the question is will they try harder in the third or just headhunt.

e: also lol that they scratched Kakko to drag out the corpse of Strome instead of just putting Copp at center

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

deoju posted:

Tampa’s system isn’t exactly fun to watch.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Pungry posted:

He's playing with Dryden Hunt, a useless AHL grinder, and a broken Ryan Strome. I don't think this is his fault.

Oh I’m not saying it is, I’m saying it would be cool if he did a thing in the third.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jovial Cow posted:

Oh I’m not saying it is, I’m saying it would be cool if he did a thing in the third.

I cannot think of a single Rangers who's done anything of note other than Trouba and Lafreniere who tried to kill people.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

ThinkTank posted:

I cannot think of a single Rangers who's done anything of note other than Trouba and Lafreniere who tried to kill people.

The two most likely players to pull something out of their rear end are Zibanejad and Panarin and I’ve just chosen Panarin.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

I will state in advance, with the loving elbow to Hedman's jaw from Latroubaiere Jr., only 1-0 going into the third because of Shesterkin; this poo poo is setting up to also be an absurd Rangers steal the game despite their coach but gotta see it to believe it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The ESPN lead announcer used to be the Lightning PBP guy right?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Pungry posted:

I blame our dolt of a coach for not moving him around.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
OK....

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Alright Rangers, this is your only chance to score. Don't screw it up

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Weak

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

MJeff posted:

The ESPN lead announcer used to be the Lightning PBP guy right?

No, he did baseball and other stuff. Never worked for the Lightning, and AFAIK never did hockey prior to this season.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
lol that was the chance and they just dropped the wettest of farts

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Jesus Christ Rangers, just forfeit

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
*Neatly draws a line through "and a powerplay".*

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Oh my god Copp how do you not finish that

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fartknocker posted:

No, he did baseball and other stuff. Never worked for the Lightning, and AFAIK never did hockey prior to this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHxrD89ZLl4

Huh.

Still sounds kinda similar to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
gently caress, needed that