Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Zefiel posted:

Re: people focus too much on my precious AR!

Ban it. Ban all semi autos. Only allow bolt action rifles, and single action revolvers. Then "hunters" still have something "to feed themselves with", and hobbyists can keep fondling something. And if a malcontent idiot wants to bring one to a school, their scrawny arms would tire out from working the bolt before they can do much damage. It seems failproof to me, nobody can give a good argument why detachable magazines, semi auto fire, etc are necessary in the hands of civilians other than "feral hogs"

But I feel strong when I hold it when im killing boars imagining defending my home
and all the bad guys are scared of me and dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Pontificating rear end posted:

But I feel strong when I hold it when im killing boars imagining defending my home
and all the bad guys are scared of me and dead

:hmmyes:

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
The school I went to for my medic certs also trained little baby cops. so I got to see how they trained them, and I talked with them, and observed them.

They are dumb as poo poo, and you train them sort of like you do with dogs.

But dogs will actually defend.

--

That aside, the emergency scene (not) management bothers me the most about this whole thing. Okay, you are a lazy coward and don't want to risk your own skin. You can sit in the back and order others to go take the risk. This is probably the right choice for a commander anyway, you can't direct stuff if you are in trouble yourself.

But to do nothing and drop your own comms making you even more useless? gently caress.

Show even a tiny bit of spine, say "I hosed up, and I can't take back what I did" and resign. Own something.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

police officers are in no way compelled to put themselves in danger to protect others.

Yep!

quote:

“Neither the Constitution, nor state law, impose a general duty upon police officers or other governmental officials to protect individual persons from harm — even when they know the harm will occur,” said Darren L. Hutchinson, a professor and associate dean at the University of Florida School of Law. “Police can watch someone attack you, refuse to intervene and not violate the Constitution.”

The Supreme Court has repeatedly held that the government has only a duty to protect persons who are “in custody,” he pointed out.

quote:

In the cases DeShaney vs. Winnebago and Town of Castle Rock vs. Gonzales, the supreme court has ruled that police agencies are not obligated to provide protection of citizens. In other words, police are well within their rights to pick and choose when to intervene to protect the lives and property of others — even when a threat is apparent.

:patriot:

lol wtf is wrong with this country. Aren't cops supposed to be heroes? I thought every cop was a hero? :shrug:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

OMFG FURRY posted:

quote:

The chief pinned the blame for the 77-minute span between his arrival at the school and the elimination of Ramos primarily on officers' inability to find the correct key to the door of the classroom in which the shooter had locked himself. Over the course of the attack, he says he was given two different key rings to try.

:confused:

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Him and his men are cowards OP

Also windows apparently don't exist to like, I dunno, suppress the shooter.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Tarquinn posted:

In several countries, Germany for example, such footage is not shown to the public to avoid giving the perpetrator any attention whatsoever (even posthumously) and to prevent copycats.

In the US, who the gently caress knows.

They did it when columbine happened but not since then.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

how much you want to bet that was a no knock warrant. Just cops breaking down the door without your prior knowledge
Imma guess 87%

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how much you want to bet that was a no knock warrant. Just cops breaking down the door without your prior knowledge
Imma guess 87%

About as likely as it was the wrong house (very likely)

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

there are no wrong houses. given long enough a crime will occur within every house

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

About as likely as it was the wrong house (very likely)

cops can't be expected to read numbers or street names! Did you see that door-buster? It had to be used

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/kxly4news/status/1535770808919937028?s=21&t=cPLfxSi0Tr59wpxJA_kKOg

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Man, if north Idaho police stop your racist riot you must have really hosed up.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Just the one U-Haul?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

they live in northern Idaho. They are the power. Who where they going to riot against. Probably one of them saw a black person at a rest stop when they were 12. Racist people are loving stupid

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost
Ha ha. Just read it. They traveled to Idaho to be arrested for being racist. Racist people are loving stupid

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

pro starcraft loser posted:

Man, if north Idaho police stop your racist riot you must have really hosed up.

In this case, it sounds like they had plans to crash a Pride parade.

Kind of chilling, really.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Mister Speaker posted:

that is actually kind of scary, glad they are stupid racists

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Time to gather from all over the states to overthrow the heart of the globalist cabal - Spudsville, Idaho

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

DEVO has always been right

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

It’s kind of funny only one dude was actually from Idaho. Idahoans love to complain about all these outsiders moving into their state, but the complaints always seem to be directed towards Californians and Washingtonians for some strange reason instead of all of the white supremacists coming in from all over the country and setting up shop.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/iwriteok/status/1535737808194662400?s=21&t=tMopokQip5sUpIUjCPnVFw

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Zefiel posted:

:hmmyes: Dare to be stupid

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Zefiel posted:

Ban all semi autos.

Open carry muskets

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

they had shields? man they really missed the point of both of the marvel civil wars

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

The local gun group, “Gun d’Alene”(lol) was also having having some sort of “gun pride” (again, lol) event at the same time, so this actually could have turned really awful.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

wizardofloneliness posted:

The local gun group, “Gun d’Alene”(lol) was also having having some sort of “gun pride” (again, lol) event at the same time, so this actually could have turned really awful.

god bless America

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Mister Speaker posted:

Almost certainly the Feds had a hand in this / had the group under surveillance and tipped off the local police who were compelled to act

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Zefiel posted:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Frank Frank posted:

Almost certainly the Feds had a hand in this / had the group under surveillance and tipped off the local police who were compelled to act

I just saw an interview with the police chief or someone and they said a concerned citizen called them because they were all decked out in riot gear, assumed something bad was going to happen, and called the police. The police arrived 10 minutes later and arrested them all. So far they are being charged with conspiracy to riot, but there could be other charges depending on what each individual did.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

lol wtf is wrong with this country. Aren't cops supposed to be heroes? I thought every cop was a hero? :shrug:
No, you heard wrong. Every cop is a zero.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

I hope they dox the gently caress out of these terrorists.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The Butcher posted:

That aside, the emergency scene (not) management bothers me the most about this whole thing. Okay, you are a lazy coward and don't want to risk your own skin. You can sit in the back and order others to go take the risk. This is probably the right choice for a commander anyway, you can't direct stuff if you are in trouble yourself.

But to do nothing and drop your own comms making you even more useless? gently caress.

Show even a tiny bit of spine, say "I hosed up, and I can't take back what I did" and resign. Own something.

There was at least one study done recently that showed that when people admit wrongdoing or loving up, they go through actual fight-or-flight instincts similar or identical to those exhibited by someone in literal physical danger. So the cop admitting he was wrong and that he hosed up the operation would go through the same exact fight-or-flight mental stress as all of those kids he didn't save, as they were being shot dead.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

I. M. Gei posted:

There was at least one study done recently that showed that when people admit wrongdoing or loving up, they go through actual fight-or-flight instincts similar to those exhibited by someone in literal physical danger. So the cop admitting he was wrong and that he hosed up the operation would go through the same exact fight-or-flight mental stress as all of those kids he didn't save, as they were being shot dead.

closest thing to physical danger most cops will ever encounter

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/nickmartin/status/1535800929173155840?s=21&t=tMopokQip5sUpIUjCPnVFw

And let the names roll in

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

but what if I have to kill 15-30 feral hogs to protect my children?

If you killed 30-50 feral hogs to protect your children, Washington DC would be a very different place today. :lol:

:laffo:

Turns out that threatening to turn an Idaho Pride event into the O-Gay Corral--and recorded while at a public event--was a poor decision.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Dakota Ray Tabler is such a name

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

in the ultimate leo move they are all names of trans youth and not actually the names of the militia members

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Ol’ Joseph Smith up to no good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Gotta watch out for the Buster Bros, Josiah and, uh, Mishael.