Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/vlad_mir_may/status/1534781605373431808

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

gradenko_2000 posted:

this really is the China thread lmao

Look, we can keep some mosquitoes in a zoo, like we do with pandas.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Replace blood sucking mosquitoes with more of the type that pollinate.

hekaton
Jan 5, 2022

sure wish i could understand what the hell was going on with my life
so i could be properly upset when things happen
the blood sucking itself if a large part of what mosquitoes accomplish, they move blood and the nutrients it contains from large mammals and other animals into ponds and puddles, where mosquito larva are eaten by little fish and frogs and stuff, and then also into populations of animals that eat flying mosquitos

you cant mimic this transfer of nutrients without adding in something else that eats blood, even if there are other food sources for some of the animals currently dependent on mosquitos

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Breakfast All Day posted:

free market capitalism with chinese food court characteristics

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

When ddt was introduced to Nepal in the 50s it opened up alot of land in the south for farming and exploitation. Most famously, Dang valley where Tharu people lived was heavily settled by other ethnic groups with the blessing of the Nepali govt and reduction of malaria. Tharu people had some form of immunity/lessend reaction to malaria and we're generally out of the preview of the state even though legally they were lower caste people who could be deprived of land at any time. Because the Tharu people were of a lower cast and had been neglected for centuries by the government, others with more capital/legal rights manged to usurp land and place Tharu people into debt bondage. Until the 80s and 90s you could practically buy Tharu people and they lived in a state of literal slavery with landownership rates of Tharu's being next to zero in the very valley they existed in.

Dang valley is also very beautiful and has alot of archeological and historic significance. Beyond that, the 50s resettlement also has another layer to it. During the 50s was also when Bhutan started it's expulsion of ethnic Nepalis from their southern regions, so some portion of those who came and dispossessed the Tharu we're also those who had lost everything to the Bhutanese government.

ughhhh has issued a correction as of 18:29 on Jun 11, 2022

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I pray to the Infrastructure god of Yu the great to engineer mosquitoes that only suck on cow blood but not human blood.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
lets compromise, mosquitoes continue existing but they're genetically modified to not pump that itchy poo poo into you

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Abolish the Four Pests: Sparrows (again), Mosquitoes, Pit bulls, Liberals

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Dragondescendan/status/1534577410187833345

:china: 🚂

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/UNWatch/status/1535039818844995591

lol that this account exists and is blue checkmarked

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/McardleCurt/status/1535129596684664832

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/UNWatch/status/1535039818844995591

lol that this account exists and is blue checkmarked

list of shame: like uhh every big country except the US

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

THS2 posted:

It's not the international community, if it isn't the various client governments of the US

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

THS2 posted:

list of shame: a list of flags containing ~40% of the world's population

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Malleum posted:

list of shame: a list of flags containing ~40% of the world's population

But don't you get it?? North Korea are the bad guys! The bad guys!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

stephenthinkpad posted:

Somebody need to make a giant military version of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnbb7mH2EKg

КЦПН. Координационный Центр Помощи Новороссии. posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)

Сейчас Координационный Центр Помощи Новороссии проводит обучение для группы операторов БПЛА под Белгородом.
Помимо этого, мы помогли дружественным разработчикам очень интересной машины показать ее высокопоставленным военным прямо возле границы с Украиной.
Машина очень понравилась, потому что она обладает возможностью взлетать и садиться вертикально как коптер, а летает несколько часов как самолет.
Мы приложим все усилия, чтобы она пошла в серию и стала серьезным помощником русской артиллерии.
Вы можете помочь нашим солдатам через реквизиты КЦПН!
(from t.me/kcpn2014/765, via tgsa)

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

The USA used to have malaria, basically everywhere populated that had mosquitos. The whole south and midwest. Then in the 1940s, America used DDT to control mosquitos and eradicated it. It killed about 4 people per 100,000 pop every year.

Then Silent Spring came out and America decided wildlife was more important than human life, and helped to impose bans and regulations on mosquito control worldwide, basically forcing African countries to keep malaria endemic so that American tourists could go birding there.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

its insane to me that it shows tanks there when there was never a tank there and it's a very famous place that should have a lot of photos

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Playstation maybe but the PS2 was capable of much better graphics than that

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/russellcrowe/status/1535270153532780544?s=20&t=JfFyDTIrSIJ2cCJ6DQqeSw

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

hekaton posted:

the blood sucking itself if a large part of what mosquitoes accomplish, they move blood and the nutrients it contains from large mammals and other animals into ponds and puddles, where mosquito larva are eaten by little fish and frogs and stuff, and then also into populations of animals that eat flying mosquitos

you cant mimic this transfer of nutrients without adding in something else that eats blood, even if there are other food sources for some of the animals currently dependent on mosquitos

sounds communist. maybe tadpoles should work harder instead of looking for handouts from mosquitos

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

hekaton posted:

you can just keep all the mosquitoes except aedes aegypti and it’ll probably be fine

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
catchy PLA tune i hadn't heard before. kinda struck by the church-like choir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FloOfEh-4JI

also wtf is that at 1:54

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 05:14 on Jun 12, 2022

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I used to make fun of the American army uniforms for how grey and blue they were, like nothing in nature. why did China, a smarter country, make their uniforms even bluer. and also bright white accenting the blue? all time bad combat uniforms imo. what’s going on.

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

Best Friends posted:

I used to make fun of the American army uniforms for how grey and blue they were, like nothing in nature. why did China, a smarter country, make their uniforms even bluer. and also bright white accenting the blue? all time bad combat uniforms imo. what’s going on.

no more wars until we can figure out what exactly is going on with the uniforms

Eminent DNS has issued a correction as of 05:58 on Jun 12, 2022

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Best Friends posted:

they’re wearing air force uniforms.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

it looks cool

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Best Friends posted:

the title says airborne division. what color is the sky? exactly

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Eminent DNS posted:

no more wars until we can figure out what exactly is going on with the uniforms
we gotta sort out this aesthetic before we do anything

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

how long will u be falling from the sky anyway? it's like 0.000001% of the lifetime of the uniform it's doing its proper job

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
if anyone in this thread wants to lol a bit, beijing is kinda shutting down again, and schools aren't reopening (which means I probably wont get to say goodbye to my students, which sucks), because one guy went to like, 30 bars in 2 nights, and later tested positive. he's infected at least like, 50 people and counting. lol. one guy doing a pub crawl is shutting down a city of 20 million.

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

Remember the woman in like Vietnam who screwed up their whole situation by going to like a record amount of bars in 24 hours in the halcyon days of 2020

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Best Friends posted:

literally caused by a clerical error

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

oh my god

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
robert maxwell!?!?!?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/catcontentonly/status/1535670464013647873?s=20&t=f0ZE5Df6ha7KxDeLMkqcIA

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

R. Guyovich posted:

Hmm, yes, those dastardly Chinese, invading South Korea in 1950, with the blue uniforms that they sent back in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Is this some kind of SYQ post in the form of a scan? I can't tell anymore