Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I think treating the panic as projection by religious conservatives or some kind of orchestrated distraction paints child abuse as specifically a religious or right wing problem rather than the inevitable result of any deeply hierarchical organization putting adults in positions where they have power over children without oversight that actually gives a poo poo.
Child abuse isn't specifically a religious or right wing problem, but blaming it on baby eating satanists or tolerating gay priests is a specifically religious response, and blaming it on 'liberals' or 'gender groomers' is a specifically reactionary response (whether from the religious right, neo nazis, Stalinists, weirdo regressive Orthodox Marxist groups, or whoever else).

It doesn't mean those are the only groups with child safeguarding issues, but I can't imagine a centrist group going straight to gay satan, it'd be a few bad apples/communication breakdown/we were not aware type excuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Craptacular! posted:

I'm generally pro queer capitalism. I'd rather see it than NOT see it, anyway (I'm also more neoliberal than most of D&D, so this revelation is probably not news). You don't have to change your cell phone provider to the one that rainbows up their logo in June, but it's nice just to feel included. It also sends a message to middle-management that intolerance won't be supported. This might be something only olds remember but Denny's had to pay $54m in 1994's money to settle many many claims that black customers around the country were unwelcome; one of the bigger events being some of Clinton's Secret Service detail going to one and the whites being served right away. That kind of thing could be avoided if corporate told managers and directors that the company doesn't tolerate this poo poo.

I'd rather see Disney make money selling rainbow mouse ears than go back twenty years when a representative was exasperatingly telling Bill O'Reilly that Gay Day At Magic Kingdom is some organizer's convention and not something the company can control or do anything about, or worse go back to the 70s when same-sex dance partners were outright bounced. Sometimes I think the zoomers (particularly outside of the states still hostile to LGBT people's right to exist) have been raised in the comfort of so much acceptance that they sacrifice too much to support the class war. In some people's lives, the pride flags at some big national chain outlet are the only pride flags in the whole town.

I mean Peter Thiel is basically the modern day Elizabeth Bathory except she probably didn't actually do any of that stuff whereas Thiel definitely doses himself in young men's blood so there's some definite uh, twisted supervillain vibes that I don't think gay capitalism comes off looking great off of

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Aesop Poprock posted:

I mean Peter Thiel is basically the modern day Elizabeth Bathory except she probably didn't actually do any of that stuff whereas Thiel definitely doses himself in young men's blood so there's some definite uh, twisted supervillain vibes that I don't think gay capitalism comes off looking great off of
I think you're losing the plot of what is being discussed. Gay capitalism usually refers to businesses signaling alignment with queer rights as a means of strengthening and broadening their brand identity.

Peter Thiel being a lovely person isn't "gay capitalism." Peter Thiel is a lovely person who happens to be gay and also a piece of poo poo because of capitalism.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Ah gotcha. Like burger king's weird pride burger thing

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Aesop Poprock posted:

Ah gotcha. Like burger king's weird pride burger thing

Yeah you got it. It's any kind of corporate nonsense, generally involving splashing rainbows around, that's designed to LGBTQ people and our allies feel like the companies are "on our side".

oh god oh fuck
Dec 22, 2019

I feel like this was already mentioned earlier but the classic example is Disney splashing a bunch of "everyone is welcome love is love" poo poo in june while explicitly shutting down queer poo poo in movies/tv behind the scenes and donating to politicians trying to force us out of public life. All the superficial pride poo poo smooths over the awful poo poo for queers and allies who aren't paying attention.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

some plague rats posted:

Yeah you got it. It's any kind of corporate nonsense, generally involving splashing rainbows around, that's designed to LGBTQ people and our allies feel like the companies are "on our side".

while also intentionally riling up the "other side" in a Strategy of Tension

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

oh god oh gently caress posted:

I feel like this was already mentioned earlier but the classic example is Disney splashing a bunch of "everyone is welcome love is love" poo poo in june while explicitly shutting down queer poo poo in movies/tv behind the scenes and donating to politicians trying to force us out of public life. All the superficial pride poo poo smooths over the awful poo poo for queers and allies who aren't paying attention.

To be fair Luca made me bawl my eyes out even if it wasn't 100% queer oriented

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Here is Levi's definitely understanding the essence of gender.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Eh, they’re imperfect names for cuts.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

doingitwrong posted:

Looking forward to Levi's releasing a non-binary line where they just send you a square of cotton and let you figure it out

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

This Pride month, Once-ler Industries is proud to stand with the LGBTQ+ community! To celebrate, we're offering a special rainbow Thneed. And the best part is, we're donating 1% of the profits from this fabulous Thneed to the Trevor Project!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Quorum posted:

This Pride month, Once-ler Industries is proud to stand with the LGBTQ+ community! To celebrate, we're offering a special rainbow Thneed. And the best part is, we're donating 1% of the profits from this fabulous Thneed to the Trevor Project!

aaaagh

This is too real, it's causing me immense psychic damage

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

doingitwrong posted:

Wow can't say to buy my my non-race specific possibly genderless shirt from company

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wow can't say to buy my my non-race specific possibly genderless shirt from company

huh?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Most likely should say "can't wait"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that was what I meant

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
https://apnews.com/article/gender-transition-treatment-guidelines-9dbe54f670a3a0f5f2831c2bf14f9bbb

quote:

A leading transgender health association has lowered its recommended minimum age for starting gender transition treatment, including sex hormones and surgeries.

The World Professional Association for Transgender Health said hormones could be started at age 14, two years earlier than the group’s previous advice, and some surgeries done at age 15 or 17, a year or so earlier than previous guidance. The group acknowledged potential risks but said it is unethical and harmful to withhold early treatment.

The association provided The Associated Press with an advance copy of its update ahead of publication in a medical journal, expected later this year. The international group promotes evidence-based standards of care and includes more than 3,000 doctors, social scientists and others involved in transgender health issues.

Starting treatment earlier allows transgender teens to experience physical puberty changes around the same time as other teens, said Dr. Eli Coleman, chair of the group’s standards of care and director of the University of Minnesota Medical School’s human sexuality program.

But he stressed that age is just one factor to be weighed. Emotional maturity, parents’ consent, longstanding gender discomfort and a careful psychological evaluation are among the others.

“Certainly there are adolescents that do not have the emotional or cognitive maturity to make an informed decision,” he said. “That is why we recommend a careful multidisciplinary assessment.”

The updated guidelines include recommendations for treatment in adults, but the teen guidance is bound to get more attention. It comes amid a surge in kids referred to clinics offering transgender medical treatment, along with new efforts to prevent or restrict the treatment.

Many experts say more kids are seeking such treatment because gender-questioning children are more aware of their medical options and facing less stigma.

Critics, including some from within the transgender treatment community, say some clinics are too quick to offer irreversible treatment to kids who would otherwise outgrow their gender-questioning.

Psychologist Erica Anderson resigned her post as a board member of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health last year after voicing concerns about “sloppy” treatment given to kids without adequate counseling.

She is still a group member and supports the updated guidelines, which emphasize comprehensive assessments before treatment. But she says dozens of families have told her that doesn’t always happen.

“They tell me horror stories. They tell me, ‘Our child had 20 minutes with the doctor’” before being offered hormones, she said. “The parents leave with their hair on fire.”

Estimates on the number of transgender youth and adults worldwide vary, partly because of different definitions. The association’s new guidelines say data from mostly Western countries suggest a range of between a fraction of a percent in adults to up to 8% in kids.

Anderson said she’s heard recent estimates suggesting the rate in kids is as high as 1 in 5 — which she strongly disputes. That number likely reflects gender-questioning kids who aren’t good candidates for lifelong medical treatment or permanent physical changes, she said.

Still, Anderson said she condemns politicians who want to punish parents for allowing their kids to receive transgender treatment and those who say treatment should be banned for those under age 18.

“That’s just absolutely cruel,” she said.

Dr. Marci Bowers, the transgender health group’s president-elect, also has raised concerns about hasty treatment, but she acknowledged the frustration of people who have been “forced to jump through arbitrary hoops and barriers to treatment by gatekeepers ... and subjected to scrutiny that is not applied to another medical diagnosis.”

Gabe Poulos, 22, had breast removal surgery at age 16 and has been on sex hormones for seven years. The Asheville, North Carolina, resident struggled miserably with gender discomfort before his treatment.

Poulos said he’s glad he was able to get treatment at a young age.

“Transitioning under the roof with your parents so they can go through it with you, that’s really beneficial,” he said. “I’m so much happier now.’’

In South Carolina, where a proposed law would ban transgender treatments for kids under age 18, Eli Bundy has been waiting to get breast removal surgery since age 15. Now 18, Bundy just graduated from high school and is planning to have surgery before college.

Bundy, who identifies as nonbinary, supports easing limits on transgender medical care for kids.

“Those decisions are best made by patients and patient families and medical professionals,” they said. “It definitely makes sense for there to be fewer restrictions, because then kids and physicians can figure it out together.’’

Dr. Julia Mason, an Oregon pediatrician who has raised concerns about the increasing numbers of youngsters who are getting transgender treatment, said too many in the field are jumping the gun. She argues there isn’t strong evidence in favor of transgender medical treatment for kids.

“In medicine ... the treatment has to be proven safe and effective before we can start recommending it,” Mason said.

Experts say the most rigorous research — studies comparing treated kids with outcomes in untreated kids — would be unethical and psychologically harmful to the untreated group.

The new guidelines include starting medication called puberty blockers in the early stages of puberty, which for girls is around ages 8 to 13 and typically two years later for boys. That’s no change from the group’s previous guidance. The drugs delay puberty and give kids time to decide about additional treatment; their effects end when the medication is stopped.

The blockers can weaken bones, and starting them too young in children assigned males at birth might impair sexual function in adulthood, although long-term evidence is lacking.

The update also recommends:

—Sex hormones — estrogen or testosterone — starting at age 14. This is often lifelong treatment. Long-term risks may include infertility and weight gain, along with strokes in trans women and high blood pressure in trans men, the guidelines say.

—Breast removal for trans boys at age 15. Previous guidance suggested this could be done at least a year after hormones, around age 17, although a specific minimum ag wasn’t listed.

—Most genital surgeries starting at age 17, including womb and testicle removal, a year earlier than previous guidance.

The Endocrine Society, another group that offers guidance on transgender treatment, generally recommends starting a year or two later, although it recently moved to start updating its own guidelines. The American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Medical Association support allowing kids to seek transgender medical treatment, but they don’t offer age-specific guidance.

Dr. Joel Frader, a Northwestern University a pediatrician and medical ethicist who advises a gender treatment program at Chicago’s Lurie Children’s Hospital, said guidelines should rely on psychological readiness, not age.

Frader said brain science shows that kids are able to make logical decisions by around age 14, but they’re prone to risk-taking and they take into account long-term consequences of their actions only when they’re much older.

Coleen Williams, a psychologist at Boston Children’s Hospital’s Gender Multispecialty Service, said treatment decisions there are collaborative and individualized.

“Medical intervention in any realm is not a one-size-fits-all option,” Williams said.

Of course the AP couldn't help but include some transphobic concern trolling, but at least WPATH is moving in the right direction and recommending care for trans kids begin earlier, in spite of the wave of anti-trans hysteria and violence engulfing much of the Western world. Not that I particularly love WPATH, because it's mostly gatekeeping bullshit that means Husky won't cover my badly-needed laser treatment for my face until I've been taking hormones for a year (June 29th, so almost done waiting), among other things, but at least they're moving in the right direction.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
It is worth clarifying--because the media often does not--that there are two surgeries for "breast removal." Anyone who has developed breasts through puberty does require a mastectomy and removal of the breasts in order to get top surgery if they seek it out. However if breast development is stunted through puberty blockers, a keyhole surgery can be used that is closer to a liposuction and much less invasive.

EDIT: Corrected below

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 16, 2022

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Timeless Appeal posted:

It is worth clarifying--because the media often does not--that there are two surgeries for "breast removal." Anyone who has developed breasts through puberty does require a mastectomy and removal of the breasts in order to get top surgery if they seek it out. However if breast development is stunted through puberty blockers, a keyhole surgery can be used that is closer to a liposuction and much less invasive.

Keyhole can be done on adults who didn't get blockers too, it depends on the patient and how much tissue there is. My friend was just outside of being a good candidate for it, you can have quite a bit more tissue than you're probably thinking you can.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
Thread's kinda quiet for a few days, why not have a taste of face eating leopard action?
https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1538217194659667968

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Clinton is coming out on the anti trans bandwagon because of course she is lmao

https://twitter.com/wideofthepost/status/1538154967365738496?t=2PBaCNzJhdLZp74PYCDuvg&s=19

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A big flaming stink posted:

https://twitter.com/wideofthepost/status/1538154967365738496?t=2PBaCNzJhdLZp74PYCDuvg&s=19

I mean is anyone the slightest bit surprised by this? The venn diagram of "people who idolise Hillary Clinton" and "second wave TERFs" is a circle, she's always been a hateful monster from the second she entered politics

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

some plague rats posted:

I mean is anyone the slightest bit surprised by this? The venn diagram of "people who idolise Hillary Clinton" and "second wave TERFs" is a circle, she's always been a hateful monster from the second she entered politics

In her book she talks about effectively owning slaves* via the prison system so is anyone surprised by this?

Hillary's always acted like a borderline sociopath when it came to actually walking the walk while talking the talk when it came to having Democratic constituent's values. It's probably why she tries so hard to make the party more like the Republicans instead of representing decent people who don't think that discrimination is okay. Just look back at the insane (and racist too) "super predators" thing or any of the other heinous things that get memory holed whenever she makes another grab at power. Or just look at the third way movement in general, which she had might as well be a major beneficiary of.

TL;DR: Hillary has always been a ghoulish husk of a human being who should have never been allowed within ten miles of power. Her sole skill being that she was better at hiding it than the braying ghoulish husk of a human being that is Donald Trump and his staff. If it hadn't of been Trump that ran she probably would have lost even harder than she did.

Heck, her entire career has effectively been to sabotage the democratic party in the eyes of it's constituents by trying to move them rightward so she and other sellouts that tossed out any principles or morals they had for the sake of their career would seem more appealing. And yet somehow, despite still being far more appealing than the idea of Donald Trump being president to anyone who wasn't an idiot or a raging bigot, she still managed to lose an election against an even worse human being than she is. :stare:

*African Americans who were imprisoned for crimes and then made to work at the Arkansas governor's mansion since it was a "long standing tradition". And no, she doesn't explore where that tradition came from in her book. :stonk:

https://twitter.com/samswey/status/872151657626443776

Edit: She's also said some shifty poo poo about trans people back in 2019 too. So yeah.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jun 19, 2022

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Clinton has had a mild-TERF streak for a bit, and even when she has done legitimately good stuff for trans people has very purposefully made sure people weren't very aware of it.* But honestly, the framing of that quote is kinda shady as hell. The author paraphrases what they said to Hilary which is actually saying two things not one (Suggesting supporting trans rights is a losing issue, vaguely gesturing at cancel culture), gives the wishy washy caveat that she agrees with the "premise."

*Considering how generally LGTBQIA+ friendly, Obama's admin was, I also don't feel like I have to hand it to Clinton on that one.

Anyway, it's Queer People Being Mad at Liberals Week here in the LGTBQIA+ Thread. The New York Times Magazine posted an article yesterday that talked about the inner-conflicts on the question of children and teens transitioning. It''s something. I do actually appreciate the first half of the article which gives a pretty objective narrative of some of the development over trans care over the years. And then it just kinda uncritically plops discussion of Abigail Shrier whose book us trans folks "abhor" and is not just an incredibly poorly researched and unscientific text. From there the article has a tendency to uncritically platform transphobic groups as well as continue to take part in the annoying and frustrating shifting of goal posts that happen in these conversations. Trans advocates get to come with all their research and facts and gender critical people get to come with their feelings, concerns, and theories, and both are given an equal playing field.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 20, 2022

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Don't forget that they bring the TERFs' strongest weapons: studies they never read which were reposted with a headline that suits them, and a complete lack of knowledge regarding what exactly the medical treatment they're objecting to others having access to consists of.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

staticman posted:

Thread's kinda quiet for a few days, why not have a taste of face eating leopard action?
https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1538217194659667968

Good. Get hosed

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hahahaha what a loving douche.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The author in that Clinton quote starts off by positing their own opinion to the reader, and then verbatim quotes some aggreeable noises from Clinton. Whatever she was agreeing to is not printed verbatim. Like did the author tell Clinton that leftists are calling Rowling a fascist? (Most people I know only pull up to call Rowling stupid, but anyway...) It's like if I wrote you a huge anti-war screed and then quoted George W Bush saying something out of context about how there's too many families broken by war to make him seem like an anti-war person.

Hillary is bad, but this article snippet is just "I met Hillary Clinton as a pretext to tell you my own opinion."

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Craptacular! posted:

The author in that Clinton quote starts off by positing their own opinion to the reader, and then verbatim quotes some aggreeable noises from Clinton. Whatever she was agreeing to is not printed verbatim. Like did the author tell Clinton that leftists are calling Rowling a fascist? (Most people I know only pull up to call Rowling stupid, but anyway...) It's like if I wrote you a huge anti-war screed and then quoted George W Bush saying something out of context about how there's too many families broken by war to make him seem like an anti-war person.

Hillary is bad, but this article snippet is just "I met Hillary Clinton as a pretext to tell you my own opinion."

Yep, it's just misleading, attention-grabbing headlines designed to maximize Twitter engagement / outrage. I'd say it's for "clicks", but I don't think most people even click on the article itself because Hillary doesn't say anything at all like what the lovely headline tries to put in her mouth.

I don't give a gently caress about Hillary Clinton, but people should try to hold to a higher standard than straight-up lying clickbait.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"Hilary is bad, I don't give a gently caress about her, but here's a breakdown on why this article is VERY UNFAIR to her." Cool, thanks guys. If there's one thing LGBTQ threads really benefit from, it's "well actually"ing about whether whatever notable piece of poo poo was technically being explicitly transphobic in this one interview. Good fun to litigate that, over and over. Maybe THIS time us trans people are just being too sensitive!! You never know!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I think calling the article clickbaity is undermining a real concern though. I don’t give a poo poo what is in Clinton’s heart and soul, but it seems like the author was really horny for her to poo poo on trans activists . I think we’re seeing an emerging trend of the media trying to do what has been done with a lot of leftist or progressive causes to trans activism. Regardless of evidence and research, positions like access to trans care for trans kids, inclusion in sports, and gender inclusionary education are being allowed to be cast as extreme positions solely because they exist on the opposite end of a governor turning child protective services into storm troopers to kidnap trans kids. And regardless of Clinton’s intent in her response, the article is definitely taking serious moderate person Hilary Clinton and using her as a prop to moderate trans positions in the name of a cultish worship of moderation and not based on actual facts, data, or lived experiences or even what trans advocates believe.

Honestly irrelevant politician known for TERFy trains of thought saying a lovely thing is better than the reality I think the article actually reflects.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 20, 2022

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

some plague rats posted:

"Hilary is bad, I don't give a gently caress about her, but here's a breakdown on why this article is VERY UNFAIR to her." Cool, thanks guys. If there's one thing LGBTQ threads really benefit from, it's "well actually"ing about whether whatever notable piece of poo poo was technically being explicitly transphobic in this one interview. Good fun to litigate that, over and over. Maybe THIS time us trans people are just being too sensitive!! You never know!

I'd ask you not to speak for "us trans people" on this one. Hillary Clinton, as secretary of state, made it possible for me to change the gender marker on my passport without surgery.

She's horrible in a lot of ways, but "Hillary Clinton has always been a transphobe" is dumb, and the article you're referring to is even dumber. There's a reason it gets readily debunked absolutely everywhere it's brought up.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DeadlyMuffin posted:

I'd ask you not to speak for "us trans people" on this one. Hillary Clinton, as secretary of state, made it possible for me to change the gender marker on my passport without surgery.

She's horrible in a lot of ways, but "Hillary Clinton has always been a transphobe" is dumb, and the article you're referring to is even dumber. There's a reason it gets readily debunked absolutely everywhere it's brought up.

Fair enough, I will continue to say whatever I feel like about Hilary "trans rights are a legitimate concern for women" Clinton but will refrain from framing it as a community concern

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

some plague rats posted:

Fair enough, I will continue to say whatever I feel like about Hilary "trans rights are a legitimate concern for women" Clinton but will refrain from framing it as a community concern

Thanks! Even better if you stick to quotation marks only around actual quotes and not made up poo poo.

DeadlyMuffin fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 21, 2022

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Thanks! Even better if you stick to quotation marks only around actual quotes and not made up poo poo.

I was paraphrasing the full quote, which was "There are women who'd say [to a trans woman], ‘You know what, you've never had the kind of life experiences that I've had, so I respect who you are, but don't tell me you're the same as me. I do think there is a legitimate concern about women’s lived experience and the importance of recognizing that." Yeah really loving made that one up, didn't I.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

some plague rats posted:

I was paraphrasing the full quote, which was "There are women who'd say [to a trans woman], ‘You know what, you've never had the kind of life experiences that I've had, so I respect who you are, but don't tell me you're the same as me. I do think there is a legitimate concern about women’s lived experience and the importance of recognizing that." Yeah really loving made that one up, didn't I.

I found this one:

https://nypost.com/2019/10/13/chelsea-and-hillary-clinton-disagree-on-transgender-identity/ posted:

“There are women who’d say [to a trans woman], ‘You know what, you’ve never had the kind of life experiences that I’ve had. So I respect who you are, but don’t tell me you’re the same as me.’ I hear that conversation all the time”

But I couldn’t find yours. Where’d it come from?

Edit: found this, which is kind of what you were saying, so maybe you mashed together two quotes?

https://www.them.us/story/hillary-clinton-clarifies-transgender-women-comments posted:

"I do think there is a legitimate concern about women’s lived experience and the importance of recognizing that, and also the importance of recognizing the self-identification,”

DeadlyMuffin fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 21, 2022

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DeadlyMuffin posted:

I found this one:

But I couldn’t find yours. Where’d it come from?

Edit: found this, which is kind of what you were saying, so maybe you mashed together two quotes?

Both quotes are featured in that second piece. I should have linked it, that was lazy of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Hillary being a TERF is just one of the absolutely least surprising things ever.