Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Saoshyant posted:

I rolled White Mage as my first class for the normal run. Any important advice I should take in consideration?

Get the flail in the ship graveyard or you're gonna have a bad time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
LIKE A TRUCK

Saoshyant posted:

I rolled White Mage as my first class for the normal run. Any important advice I should take in consideration?

You're in a pretty good, if dull, place. Remember Protect and Silence, ideally hit Tycoon ASAP for manaless healing, and above all: Flail is piercing and back row OK. There's nothing wrong with all 4 hiding in back and only the Flail-holder attacking.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

zzMisc posted:

This work?

Edit: Gah, image was too tiny and can't remove the original upload.

You should abort the run, then it'll count

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Saoshyant posted:

(It's in a secret passage at the bottom of the top floor)

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hm, alright.

So this is my first 4JF. With Chemist being my Wind job I'm assuming that means I'm just poo poo outta luck and get to use freelancers in their place until I actually get the job crystal, right? I also don't get to use actually Monk until after the fire crystal?

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Correct. Though no one's gonna stop you.

Remember that, while you're losing out on ABP, there's nothing before the Fire crystal that doesn't die posthaste to Ashura, Whip into Full Moon, Mythril Hammer, and... I guess the Water tower is Giyaman Bell's time to shine. Except maybe Shiva and Liquid Flame, but you've got Freelancer for that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

dolphinbomb posted:

Hm, alright.

So this is my first 4JF. With Chemist being my Wind job I'm assuming that means I'm just poo poo outta luck and get to use freelancers in their place until I actually get the job crystal, right? I also don't get to use actually Monk until after the fire crystal?
Correct on both counts, you'd just used Freelancers (and Berserkers) until then, unless you use one of the (many) ways to access all jobs. (Either with a romhack on SNES/GBA, or a pre-prepared 'all jobs' save file on Pixel Remaster.) In that case, you'd have access to Chemists from as soon as you can use the Job command.

e:f;b

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I assume for 375 it just rolls two jobs of each type and then puts them in crystal order.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
god,

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

We need a name toxx so here goes y'all:

:toxx:
$2 for each Butz named Sanger (founder of PP) on up to $100. Names also acceptable: services PP provides so mamo, pap, BC, choice, etc.

:justtrans:

Butz gets his HRT at Planned Parenthood!

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Relatedly, "What are you gonna do, breathe on me?" - Party breathed on by chimera

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
does the !Hide to drain enemy MP trick work on every fight? because my second job was dancer so i'm gonna have to resort to some dire strats soon lol

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Really not feeling my first run. I've been doing this for over ten years, but I never bothered to ask: can I just reroll? Like can I just abandon this run and register a new one?

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
The advantages of Jachol Cave in a party that has 2-3 forced Freelancers (going with 2, it would be unfair to go "oh i got Fire jobs except my assignment, so I can use neither it (bad) nor stay balanced with water (also bad)"): Blitz Whip is legitimately a good weapon right now if it has a wielder

The disadvantages of Jachol Cave, since I'm probably not going to have any !Flee mitigation but also not have any healing/support and thus maybe actually want the Brave Blade:

E: Or wait, !SwdSlap maybe? Or !Jump. Yeah probably getting the Chicken Knife, but whatever, nothing I'd want to run from before I see my final job to be sure.

Mandoric fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 12, 2022

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Well done. :sickos:

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

Really not feeling my first run. I've been doing this for over ten years, but I never bothered to ask: can I just reroll? Like can I just abandon this run and register a new one?

Officially speaking, you could reroll all 4 jobs for a $12 donation at $3/job. Or you could job fair specific ones for up to $5. Usually for any given team, there's at least *something* you can specifically change into something else of your choice to add a bit of synergy and make it much better.

I've got Monk/Zerk/Bard/Dancer, thinking maybe I'll swap Monk into Ninja for dual-wielded scythes and bard scroll-throwing.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jun 12, 2022

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MatchaZed posted:

I assume for 375 it just rolls two jobs of each type and then puts them in crystal order.

That would allow for multiple jobs from one crystal so it's a little more complicated. You're going to end with two 750 and two non, one job from each crystal. I can think of a few ways to generate that, I'm guessing the answer is "whatever takes the least effort". I think if I had to pick one I'd randomly pick two crystals to be 750, then randomly pick from the correct pool for each crystal.

Edit: alternately, randomly pick a job --> throw out eliminated ones from the pool (same crystal or 750/non once you have two), repeat three. Or you randomly pick and reroll if it's not a valid pick. More rolls that way, but less need to hang onto information. Every method has its upsides.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 12, 2022

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Freelancer is sort of neat to get, otherwise, a fairly boring run.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

My run is uh. Well.

Two-Handed Berserkers are pretty strong at least! I just don't have much outside of like, raw damage and health.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
By killing Omega with Bearaga, you can prove that nothing is bear-proof.
But by killing NED with Bearaga, aren't you proving that Nothing isn't bear-proof?

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Did hide get nerfed in the GBA version? I got Bard as my first job, and I was trying to hide through Siren's human form, but it seems like her offensive spells didn't get printed so I had to wait for her to use all her MP on defensive spells before i could start my offense? Or is her mana pool that big?

E: Oh it just doesn't show, her mp is still being used. Whew.

Eeepies fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jun 12, 2022

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
MP does get used up with !Hide active in SNES/GBA versions, but doesn't seem to work in PR anymore. No clue about Matrix.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
My first 3 classes in 375 are Knight, Red Mage and Beastmaster. Once again I get a team where Shinryu is easier than Magissa.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
At least your Magissa is easier, as I have basically the same team but in reverse. Bard/Beastmaster/Red Mage/Knight. Not even doing anything besides Pure Chaos!

Anyway if you end up rolling Bard, you're welcome.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I thought Bard only Garula would be the toughest part of my run. Nope.
Knight/Bard/Berserker Byblos was a nightmare that took level 21s across the board and 1 hour 30 of retrying to beat.
Last job Hunter, so my team is now just brute force supported by songs.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Mustached Demon posted:

$2 for each Butz named Sanger (founder of PP) on up to $100. Names also acceptable: services PP provides so mamo, pap, BC, choice, etc.

Let's gooo

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Doing my first ever run without a Berserker. Y'all have been pushing this many buttons the whole time?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Eeepies posted:

I thought Bard only Garula would be the toughest part of my run. Nope.
Knight/Bard/Berserker Byblos was a nightmare that took level 21s across the board and 1 hour 30 of retrying to beat.
Last job Hunter, so my team is now just brute force supported by songs.

Ranger's bows can hit a few elemental weaknesses and inflict some status effects. It's not Blue Mage/Chemist levels of shenanigans but as long as you have the right equipment they're reasonably versatile.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

ultrafilter posted:

Ranger's bows can hit a few elemental weaknesses and inflict some status effects. It's not Blue Mage/Chemist levels of shenanigans but as long as you have the right equipment they're reasonably versatile.

Huh, that's true. The Darkness Bow and the Ancient Sword are awesome.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I havent gotten a response to my fire crystal tweet in an hour, what's my best option here

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Look at the website. Gilgabot can only send so many tweets per day and the Fiesta has it hitting that limit all the time, but your jobs will show on your player page.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Eeepies posted:

Huh, that's true. The Darkness Bow and the Ancient Sword are awesome.

Animals is also surprisingly good, especially at the level ranges where Nightingale is your most likely roll result. I got Hunter last year, and they actually have a lot more to offer than just Aim and X-Fight!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ultrafilter posted:

Look at the website. Gilgabot can only send so many tweets per day and the Fiesta has it hitting that limit all the time, but your jobs will show on your player page.

It actually hasnt even updated my Water job on the site from last night, let alone the Fire one.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

If you sign into the fiesta site from Twitter you should have a big "unlock job" button you can hit.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Mustached Demon posted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FVElE-bWAAIdxBb?format=png&name=360x360

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Arzaac posted:

If you sign into the fiesta site from Twitter you should have a big "unlock job" button you can hit.

gotcha, thanks. though maybe i shouldnt have actually checked

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Countblanc posted:

oof.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Countblanc posted:

Wow, look at this party of somewhat-to-incredibly underrated jobs.

Good luck with World 1 though

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

*Opens 4 different spreadsheets*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

First Run of the year, and it was Red/Berserker/Monk/Mime. A pretty trash tier team. World 1 was easy, W2 wasn't too bad until the end and then W3 was just awful. I had both 999 AP abilities and gently caress all to do with them lmao

Mustached Demon posted:

Thanks for the name toxx, I love to use my first run for that. :)

I scrapped a win past NED with 3 people above almagest damage and not getting trucked too hard by the 3 Grand Crosses I got hit by. Shinryu was easy as pie as always with berserk.

Now I'm contemplating Omega. It's pretty bleak. I'd hate to give up my 49 triple crown streak but staring down the barrel of a hell grind and then a hellish fight is.... ugh.