Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

25fps. The power of the series x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't fucken believe a game by Badthesda looks like total rear end. Todd Howard how could you

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WHERE IS GOMDENEye

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yeah hopefully they can optimize the performance because I was getting a headache just watching the combat. The other stuff looked really neat though.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Also it’s gonna be free with Gamepass

Meanwhile I was considering getting the PS5 version of Gamepass only to find out sony isn’t even including all of their first party exclusives on the service?!?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Still hoping for a switch release but turn based RPGs are relatively playable on streaming so I guess there's persona portably?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Adun posted:

Meanwhile I was considering getting the PS5 version of Gamepass only to find out sony isn’t even including all of their first party exclusives on the service?!?

they’re charging $70 for ps3 remakes, they don’t give a poo poo about a sub service

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Todd Howard’s No Man’s Sky

Also,

Quantum of Phallus posted:

WHERE IS GOMDENEye

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'he im still hype for starfield. Thru didn't talk about Goldeneye probably because they assumed no one over 30 would watch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Adun posted:

Yeah the Sony version is really bad.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Everyone miserable posting about starfield.... what did you want lol. The cities and visuals look really impressive, it has all the fallout staples of stats, perks, traits, choices, weapons etc yet they also somehow added spaceship flying and 1,000 explorable planets. Are you all depressed or just never pleased? If the genre isn't for you ok that's valid, but I had close to 0 hype for this game and it looks cool.

The game is still like a year out so could well course correct, but the fighting at the beginning looked really bad. A bunch of enemies not responding to getting shot, not even twitching, and a really slow and floaty feel all around. It looks like it doesn't actually play any better than the 360 Fallouts from this footage.

The best way I can think of to explain it is that it looks kind of like those Super Mario 64 Unreal Engine remakes, where it definitely looks better but still has a bit of an "off" feel about it.

It's just kind of highlighting a weird truth about this gen is that on top of having been absolutely turbofucked by Covid there isn't much actually "new" being brought to the table this gen. The closest thing to a new concept is the DualSense haptic triggers and that's not some massive revolution, and this is just highlighting that most games are largely just PS3 and 360 games that look better but don't do that much to innovate within the space.

I've said this before but I think absolutely every game released since the Xbox One and PS4 with the exception of the Hitman reboots could have been done gameplay-wise on the PS3 and Xbox 360 just at lower graphical fidelity if the devs had a set mind about doing so.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Seltzer posted:

Everyone miserable posting about starfield.... what did you want lol. The cities and visuals look really impressive, it has all the fallout staples of stats, perks, traits, choices, weapons etc yet they also somehow added spaceship flying and 1,000 explorable planets. Are you all depressed or just never pleased? If the genre isn't for you ok that's valid, but I had close to 0 hype for this game and it looks cool.

Gamers have achieved a Roman Emperor level of jadedness. I thought the entire presentation was hype. Thanks to game pass Persona games are coming to the Xbox.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I went to the Melbourne event (3am start time) and watched videos playing in VLC with others.

But I got an Xbox beanie and dressing gown, free breakfast and mocktails (made with V)

They gave out a few controllers and codes for the design lab controllers which just launched in Australia the other day so that's pretty for those who won, saves ya $150 Bux.

Larry Hyrb gave away a custom stranger things series s console and pelican case which is neat.

Rather low key event, it's being held at a lab cafe/bar/tavern/eSports centre in the city so everyone is chilling out playing halo and rocket league or boardgames.

No Goldeneye though :(

Xburger

drunkill fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 12, 2022

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Adun posted:

They aren't because they're focused on self-contained single player games that generally can be "finished" whereas the Microsoft first party games are largely online-focused with some form of microtransaction system, in a way being something like F2P mobile games. The Sony service with PS3 titles is meant to be around double the Game Pass library in terms of number of titles, but at least currently it's not been as aggressive about courting games for its service and tends to have games for longer/indefinite periods of time versus the Game Pass default where games get rotated out after 12 months.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Wow that show sure did boil some console warrior piss.

Lot of great stuff shown. Forza Motorsport looks phenomenal and the DLC for Horizon looks excellent fun too. Hollow Knight Silksong is finally coming, Diablo 4 looks stupidly awesome, Overwatch 2 is later this year and free-to-play (!!!) and Starfield actually looks incredible somehow. Had no interest in the game previously but I'm really excited having seen the dive into the game.

Stupid amount of studios we've still not heard from but holy poo poo do they have an insanely diverse lineup and it's cool to see so many studios having fun with new IPs and how successful they are (starting to think I really need to give Sea of Thieves a whirl). Scorn finally (maybe?) having a release date was great also and High on Life looks like goofy fun. Redfall looks okay-ish but I'm curious about Deathloop since it was only timed exclusive, maybe they'll mention it at Gamescom or later in the year?

Persona 5 has been sitting in my PS backlog for eons now and I might as well enjoy it on my preferred console. Curious if they'll start bringing more over in the future like Persona 5 Strikers as well? Wasn't expecting Xbox to actually get that IP over but now I'm wondering how long until Guilty Gear returns as well? Hideo Kojima was unsurprising given the leaks about his game but I hope it turns out good. I get the impression it might end up being a rebranded PT perhaps (even the logo has the 3 circles) which is an exciting prospect.

Shame we didn't get any Perfect Dark, Hellblade 2, Gears of War, Killer Instinct etc. news however, but I understand Xbox wanting to stick strictly to games only releasing in the next 12 months which is once again stacked :stare:

Also, that Naraka Bladepoint game looks really interesting, like some kind of Ninja Gaiden battle royale? Has anyone played the PC version and know if it's good?

I said come in! posted:

Starfield, and Forza Motorsport both look really good.

I am so glad they showcased everything on a new version of Maple Valley. They've clearly been spending the past five years well because it looks jaw-dropping. I really hope we get a good track list this time and they embrace fictional circuits more again because drat :stare:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Ruffian Price posted:

anybody say No Man's Skyrim yet

nice, very good. I will steal this for personal use

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
im coping and seething and convincing myself that the only reason they didn't announce goldeneye is because nintendo is going to do it at their conference instead

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SUNKOS posted:

Wow that show sure did boil some console warrior piss.

cringe

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

barnold posted:

im coping and seething and convincing myself that the only reason they didn't announce goldeneye is because nintendo is going to do it at their conference instead

Does Nintendo even have a thing planned? I mean I know they're winning this gen and are the only console anyone can actually buy right now, but still.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think it's because backwards compatibility of a bad Wii fps isn't something you'd announce at e3

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

They aren't because they're focused on self-contained single player games that generally can be "finished"

This isn't really true currently, Sony last year announced that they are working on 25 different Games as a Service titles.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

univbee posted:

Does Nintendo even have a thing planned? I mean I know they're winning this gen and are the only console anyone can actually buy right now, but still.

It sounds like there's going to be a surprise Mini Direct this week.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nintendo tends to announce their poo poo like, with zero lead up

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

univbee posted:

the only console anyone can actually buy right now

wrong. you can buy a Series S :smugdog:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

Not right now, but honestly Nintendo needs to announce a new console already. The Switch has a great library of games, but the hardware loving sucks. The controllers are bad, and every AAA game on the system runs horribly and almost never reaches 30fps.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I said come in! posted:

Not right now, but honestly Nintendo needs to announce a new console already. The Switch has a great library of games, but the hardware loving sucks. The controllers are bad, and every AAA game on the system runs horribly and almost never reaches 30fps.

LOL why would you play AAA games on the Switch.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I said come in! posted:

This isn't really true currently, Sony last year announced that they are working on 25 different Games as a Service titles.

Sony definitely hearing the siren call of MTX money. But they still launched Horizon Forbidden West and have God of War Ragnarok (which might even launch before year's end and thus be the only new thing this year, but that's looking unlikely since we have no date yet).

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

univbee posted:

They aren't because they're focused on self-contained single player games that generally can be "finished" whereas the Microsoft first party games are largely online-focused with some form of microtransaction system, in a way being something like F2P mobile games. The Sony service with PS3 titles is meant to be around double the Game Pass library in terms of number of titles, but at least currently it's not been as aggressive about courting games for its service and tends to have games for longer/indefinite periods of time versus the Game Pass default where games get rotated out after 12 months.

Outside of Halo I don’t think there’s been any Gamepass games that rely on microtransactions?

I’m happy with my Ps5 mainly since I have a backlog of PS4 games and the Miles Morales game is fun but it’s just insane how much of a better value the Series X w/ Gamepass has been.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

runchild posted:

why would you play AAA games at all

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

runchild posted:

LOL why would you play AAA games

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the 'a's in "aaa games" stand for AIDS

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

runchild posted:

What would you call Nintendo titles?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I said come in! posted:

bad

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fair

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

univbee posted:

Sony is going all in on gaas games

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nintendo games run fine on my machine

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wiltsghost posted:

Sony is going all in on rear end games

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

I said come in! posted:

Well there's Mario and then There's Zelda and last there is Pokemon. That's like 90% of Nintendo games.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I know, right? It's 2022 but they still out there. Tragic.

I said come in! posted:

I hope that whenever there is a new console it's fully BC and just a more powerful Switch or something. We finally got a new Mario Strikers! Don't leave us without these games on new hardware :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Adun posted:

Outside of Halo I don’t think there’s been any Gamepass games that rely on microtransactions?

Forza Horizon 5, Gears 5, Sea of Thieves, Halo Infinite and Microsoft Flight Simulator all have a pretty heavy emphasis on online components with most having a microtransaction/gacha component to them.