Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Beikdugang and Feiten are both fun to play, with my preference for Feiten since it's a fair bit more compact than the former. That said, you will need Exploration ideas for both (Feiten can delay the pick until the third slot.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

THE BAR posted:

This is also super fuzzy. Is the game like this for you, or did you compress the image?

Seconding this. The screenshot in question looks worse than the default font for me. Not just the font either, everything looks fuzzy. Again, are you sure you're running in your monitor's native resolution?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wafflecopper posted:

Seconding this. The screenshot in question looks worse than the default font for me. Not just the font either, everything looks fuzzy. Again, are you sure you're running in your monitor's native resolution?
That was originally my screenshot and I have no problem reading it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah I'm colourblind with thick glasses and I have no problem reading the vanilla font on phone or laptop screens, let alone an actual monitor. It's not good but if it's illegible please see an optometrist.

Having not gotten to play the new Anbennar update yet, all these Anbennar posts are reminding me how charmingly unreadable Anbennar country names are. Ah yes, Grxmyrlrjjk.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Having not gotten to play the new Anbennar update yet, all these Anbennar posts are reminding me how charmingly unreadable Anbennar country names are. Ah yes, Grxmyrlrjjk.

oh come on, that's just a couple of gnoll factions. most of them are normal silly but pronouncable fantasy names

the worst names for me are all the forced "dame's x" ones like dame's forehead?? come on

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
With Sarhal being the next area to be filled out I'm sure we're about to see a whole bunch more Gnoll stuff for wacky names.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
All the wood elf names slide off my brain like butter.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Vagabong posted:

All the wood elf names slide off my brain like butter.

Salla Ligma
Salla Bofa
Salla Sawcon
Salla Updog

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Rynoto posted:

With Sarhal being the next area to be filled out I'm sure we're about to see a whole bunch more Gnoll stuff for wacky names.

As someone who's helping out with the Vyzemby halflings who have a language based on Malagasy and occasionally peeking over at the lizardmen nations who have a language based on not having lips, Sarhal is going to be peak ??? in terms of pronunciation.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Ibblebibble posted:

As someone who's helping out with the Vyzemby halflings who have a language based on Malagasy and occasionally peeking over at the lizardmen nations who have a language based on not having lips, Sarhal is going to be peak ??? in terms of pronunciation.

Didn't someone specifically mandate no Z's for the lizard language, or am I misremembering that lol.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Red Bones posted:

Didn't someone specifically mandate no Z's for the lizard language, or am I misremembering that lol.

No bilabial consonants, so b, p, f, etc. I think z is okay though?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hell I have trouble remembering how to spell the yellow nation in India (starts with V and may end with A)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The z sound isn't bilabial, also, omfg I didn't realize that much thought was put into the silly fantasy names but it's cool. Anbennar rocks.

Jay Rust posted:

Hell I have trouble remembering how to spell the yellow nation in India (starts with V and may end with A)

It's called Vijayanagar in EU and Vijayanagara irl iirc, so you win either way. I'm annoyed by their northern blue rival. Why is it called Bahmanis so everyone in streams calls it like that's the full name instead of like "Bahmanids" or "Bahmani Sultanate" or something where there's nobody calling it "Bahman-iss" like that's a proper name.

The i is an adjective thing and the s is a pluralization motherfuckers, like pakistanis. The place was not called Bahmaniss. That one annoys me so much and it's insane to describe it in text but :colbert:

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 10, 2022

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Has anyone got the "Autumnal Isle" mission for Beikdugang to work legit? You need to get two specific Eordan nations allied to you and they won't, thanks to border distance. Even if you have colonies on the Broken Sea, the two nations you need are on the other side of Eordand so it's kind of a wash. I'm thinking about cheating it

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The z sound isn't bilabial, also, omfg I didn't realize that much thought was put into the silly fantasy names but it's cool. Anbennar rocks.

It's called Vijayanagar in EU and Vijayanagara irl iirc, so you win either way. I'm annoyed by their northern blue rival. Why is it called Bahmanis so everyone in streams calls it like that's the full name instead of like "Bahmanids" or "Bahmani Sultanate" or something where there's nobody calling it "Bahman-iss" like that's a proper name.

The i is an adjective thing and the s is a pluralization motherfuckers, like pakistanis. The place was not called Bahmaniss. That one annoys me so much and it's insane to describe it in text but :colbert:

When Imperator: Rome came out and everyone called the Antigonid Kingdom the "Ante-go-nid kingdom"

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Buschmaki posted:

When Imperator: Rome came out and everyone called the Antigonid Kingdom the "Ante-go-nid kingdom"

Anti-gonad Kingdom, surely

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

skasion posted:

Salla Ligma
Salla Bofa
Salla Sawcon
Salla Updog

I just call them all “Sally”

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

By the time I get vision they're Cyranavar anyway so who cares?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

skipThings posted:

Have now tried every font mod in the workshop I guess, shame that the mod just breaks or doesn't load in the new fonts at all
makes Anbennar basically unplayable cause the EU4 default font is absolute rear end and I do not know why it's not changed in a mod that changes basically everything else for the better

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2599979802

There's a few too many memes in what should really be just a ui mod but it works well.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

skasion posted:

Has anyone got the "Autumnal Isle" mission for Beikdugang to work legit? You need to get two specific Eordan nations allied to you and they won't, thanks to border distance. Even if you have colonies on the Broken Sea, the two nations you need are on the other side of Eordand so it's kind of a wash. I'm thinking about cheating it

In my game Einnsag got reduced to just the island so the mission changed to ally them. Maybe just try conquering them if that doesn't happen in yours?

Speaking of, I was having a great time as Beikdugang until The Command decided to swing east and now I'm trying to hold them off my allies. I tried forming a coalition earlier, but no one wanted to join (fucken thanks Bhuvauri!) so RIP this run I guess

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I did not know that, thanks for the info.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

In my game Einnsag got reduced to just the island so the mission changed to ally them. Maybe just try conquering them if that doesn't happen in yours?

Speaking of, I was having a great time as Beikdugang until The Command decided to swing east and now I'm trying to hold them off my allies. I tried forming a coalition earlier, but no one wanted to join (fucken thanks Bhuvauri!) so RIP this run I guess

With Xia and one ally in south Haless, you can usually hold them off.

If you waited for them to eat the Xia, you're probably hosed.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bhuvari is always the spanner in the works when it comes to fighting the Command because it usually eats up everyone who would coalition them and then not fight them. Also they'll rival you so you can't form a united front with them either.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I haven't seen the Raj survive at all anymore. The disaster is just too hard for the AI lmao. I mean it's not easy for the player either. They need to add a 1/4 chance for the AI to get some cohesion buffs or something

Anyways I am gearing up to fight the command in my game as odval kanzad or whatever. I think I'll wait until Mil tech 16 so my cannons are good and then declare. They're about 3x my development right now.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

In my latest game, multiple AIs decided to go ham in the last 200 years, with no intervention from me (I focused mostly Africa and China at the very end to get Jihad):

Revolutionary Spain, France, Venice and Ottomans (France was much bigger before Venice started a hugbox and wrecked it)
Long Commonwealth (used to be long Lithuania that broke off Poland, then fell under PU again)
Huge Bengal
Novgorod kicking Muscovy's rear end right from the start
Shun used to be long Shun before Transoxiana and Bengal decided to eat it (that one I did get involved). Theirs was a sad story - they formed, grabbed MOH, suffered, managed to stabilize and go positive on Mandate, got long... then I chartered a province as the Najd Horde, and they died.

Not pictured: Mostly native North America.

Bengal is both warning and guaranteeing me.

Can I go back to Tribal Federation once I go horde? Thinking I could still kill Ottos and form Arabia for Sworn Fealty in the 40 years or so left. Otherwise it's Dawasir time for my next game.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Commonwealth there cosplaying as late EU3 Bohemia

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

decided to declare the war even at 1552 (tech 12 when cannons get good at 13 and 16)... hope thi doesnt come back to bite me. A coalition had fired on them so as soon as the coalition declared I jumped in.

they're 1893 dev i'm only 926.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

decided to declare the war even at 1552 (tech 12 when cannons get good at 13 and 16)... hope thi doesnt come back to bite me. A coalition had fired on them so as soon as the coalition declared I jumped in.

they're 1893 dev i'm only 926.

Playing as Xia? Have fun with that war.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

Playing as Xia? Have fun with that war.

nah, odval kanzad (thus the cannons)

i barely had to fight anything, just sieged them down and reconquered the tree of stone and some of the stuff up in the north mountains

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I haven't seen the Raj survive at all anymore. The disaster is just too hard for the AI lmao. I mean it's not easy for the player either. They need to add a 1/4 chance for the AI to get some cohesion buffs or something

Anyways I am gearing up to fight the command in my game as odval kanzad or whatever. I think I'll wait until Mil tech 16 so my cannons are good and then declare. They're about 3x my development right now.

I haven't figured out how to Raj yet, yeah.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I haven't figured out how to Raj yet, yeah.

Max root out corruption.
Always fight the rebels to lower corruption.

Try to lower everyone's liberty desire to 39% or lower.

Do the internal ministries and then philosophy in that order.

Don't let cohesion fall below 30% or you'll trigger the dissolution disaster which means Raj is over.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Ibblebibble posted:

Bhuvari is always the spanner in the works when it comes to fighting the Command because it usually eats up everyone who would coalition them and then not fight them. Also they'll rival you so you can't form a united front with them either.

Tags only rivaling peer powers means that I keep seeing a massive and unrivalled Command while all of the states that could conceivably stand up to them are all rivaled with each other, making a large coalition impossible.

The real lesson here is never turn on great conquerors on in Haless.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Vagabong posted:

Tags only rivaling peer powers means that I keep seeing a massive and unrivalled Command while all of the states that could conceivably stand up to them are all rivaled with each other, making a large coalition impossible.

The real lesson here is never turn on great conquerors on in Haless.

i find that GC are very fun but ymmv. I have lost a few campaigns to the command but finding new ways to neuter them early is fun for me

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
GC help keep the game interesting and can help minors form some of the more unusual countries you will rarely see otherwise. Mythical Conquerors only being able to target top 10 countries is kind of lame though as command will usually get it at some point early and just curbstomp everyone. Hopefully their MT + Disaster fixes it.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I'm officially at the "IDGAF" portion of this Anglophile run. :v:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Rynoto posted:

GC help keep the game interesting and can help minors form some of the more unusual countries you will rarely see otherwise. Mythical Conquerors only being able to target top 10 countries is kind of lame though as command will usually get it at some point early and just curbstomp everyone. Hopefully their MT + Disaster fixes it.

They'll be getting two or three disasters iirc

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Everyone, here's a free tip: conquer all of Yangshen before forming Daxugo. It'll make the unique disaster you're gonna get easier.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Does annulling a military access agreement also prevent the targets from allying each other for the duration?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wafflecopper posted:

Does annulling a military access agreement also prevent the targets from allying each other for the duration?
I dont think so. It doesnt give them a truce like (I think) annulling an alliance does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Detheros posted:

I'm officially at the "IDGAF" portion of this Anglophile run. :v:

That's a big AI Ottoman Empire. Papal State too.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jun 14, 2022