Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's a disagrace. Unfortunately the sport is now run by a combination of Amerikkkans and Saudis rather than someone from a proper country like France, Germany or hell Italy

France isn't a proper country they can't even fix a radiator hose on a ford transit in less than a week and that's how I got stuck in Reims for 3 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

F1 was good before they dug up Hockenheim

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

speng31b posted:

Boring guess for me, RB brings Checo in for an early pit to force Charles in to defend against the undercut, Max wins by long tire strategy and track position

This aged well

Solus posted:

Toto on the phone ordering a new spine for lewis

Sure isn’t dialing Nico then

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

France isn't a proper country they can't even fix a radiator hose on a ford transit in less than a week and that's how I got stuck in Reims for 3 days.

And don’t even get me started on how they pronounce “Reims”

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Did verstappen pass Checo cause he was just faster?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Horner sabotaged Checo

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Rinkles posted:

Checo hosed his tires somehow.

and/or Max is just a better race car driver.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rinkles posted:

Thanks Ants posted:

Horner sabotaged Checo

This. RB definitely hosed his pit stop to give the race to Max

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

GramCracker posted:

This. RB definitely hosed his pit stop to give the race to Max
Even if they did, Verstappen extended his lead in the last stint from something like 6 seconds to 20. If nothing else, he was definitely the quicker driver.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

incredible racing today from Ferrari

Perez shoulda driven faster and won, but I'll take a rb 1 2 anyway

tsunoda got hosed over

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Probably need to rethink my F1 fantasy strategy of relying on Ferrari dependent cars and drivers

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

MakaVillian posted:

Probably need to rethink my F1 fantasy strategy of relying on Ferrari dependent cars and drivers

I've got the with the tried and true "forget all about it until it's already too late to change things" method for most of the season and I'm still 34/99 in the goon league

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
lol Mercedes are going to paralyse lewis with their lovely car

Luckily for Leclerc and Sainz they don't have to worry about the porpoising on the Ferrari loving up their spines over a full race distance

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Ferrari

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I still have faith in Ferrari :smith:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Thanks Ants posted:

Fellow goons should we call in a welfare check on this pitifully misguided and unstable goon who clearly does not accept the nature of reality?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

get well soon, op :smith:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'm actually taking a bit of solace in the double points finish for the papaya lads at a track that their car is clearly not quick enough for

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ferrari will come back stronger, I believe in the scuderia 😌🤌

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

went back to watch lewis get out of his car holy poo poo lmao

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

lol the stream even replays it

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

Ferrari will come back stronger, I believe in the scuderia 😌🤌

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Also can we please collectively lmao at Hamilton's performative old man back ache routine that's he's definitely not doing because the car is a piece of poo poo because it's like the internal bleeding of this thread

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Thanks Ants posted:

Alas you watched the wrong race, at LeMans Ferrari got podiums in GTE Pro with decent fights. Sorry you had to watch the inferior race of the weekend.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Charles Leclerc posted:

Also can we please collectively lmao at Hamilton's performative old man back ache routine that's he's definitely not doing because the car is a piece of poo poo because it's like the internal bleeding of this thread

lewis donated his spine to lowtax that explains a lot

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

He looked and sounded absolutely miserable in the post-race interview.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I love the years Hamilton gets clowned on by his teammates because he turns into the whiniest pissbaby imaginable. They're rare but god drat if they aren't :discourse:

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

lewis is actually a pretty sympathetic character now, since he has such an unpleasant simulacrum of a human for a teammate

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles Leclerc posted:

I love the years Hamilton gets clowned on by his teammates because he turns into the whiniest pissbaby imaginable. They're rare but god drat if they aren't :discourse:

There's gonna be a great two year arc out of this cause Hamilton historically has had like zero interest in F1 when the car is poo poo so if Mercedes wheels out a good car next year Russell and his massively overinflated ego that's been building up all this year is gonna get loving dunked on hard when Hamilton decides he actually wants to pull his finger out lol

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

italian quid posted:

There's gonna be a great two year arc out of this cause Hamilton historically has had like zero interest in F1 when the car is poo poo so if Mercedes wheels out a good car next year Russell and his massively overinflated ego that's been building up all this year is gonna get loving dunked on hard when Hamilton decides he actually wants to pull his finger out lol

This assumes Hamilton is still driving the Mercedes in 2023 though

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

lmao ferrari need to stop making their cars out of pasta and passion and make them out of car parts and engineering instead

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

friendship ended with baku. now singapore is my best friend.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Ferrari is done.

The only hope for this season is that Checo discovers his latent superpower of making snarky pre-race comments that send Max into a crash-inducing rage each time.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Solus posted:

Toto on the phone ordering a new spine for lewis

They should have kept Robottas.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Thanks Ants posted:

I'm actually taking a bit of solace in the double points finish for the papaya lads at a track that their car is clearly not quick enough for

It's a shame young norris has turned into a bit of a whiny bitch recently, he used to be quote likeable

speng31b
May 8, 2010

a pipe smoking dog posted:

lol Mercedes are going to paralyse lewis with their lovely car

Luckily for Leclerc and Sainz they don't have to worry about the porpoising on the Ferrari loving up their spines over a full race distance

What's the grid penalty for a spine replacement. Does parc ferme apply to biological or only mechanical parts if your driver is robocop

speng31b
May 8, 2010

GramCracker posted:

This aged well

knew i should have guessed "they explode"

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
was it just me, or did Checo seem pissed off in the cool room

edit: and the whole podium ceremony seemed slightly subdued

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Skarsnik posted:

It's a shame young norris has turned into a bit of a whiny bitch recently, he used to be quote likeable

slander

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Number_6 posted:

was it just me, or did Checo seem pissed off in the cool room

edit: and the whole podium ceremony seemed slightly subdued

Doubt he was happy with the orders and wouldn't be surprised if he got told not to try and chase Max