Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Begemot posted:

It's this.

Everyone thought Starfield was gonna be Skyrim in space... but it's actually Daggerfall in space!

Hell sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Thankfully there are about 1000 Bethesda mod teams out there. They can each take a planet and go.

Either way it looks fun to gently caress around in. I don't ever play BGS games for the story anyway, I just want to go poke around.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Begemot posted:

It's this.

Everyone thought Starfield was gonna be Skyrim in space... but it's actually Daggerfall in space!
NM buying day 1

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/Atlus_West/status/1536049939918331905?s=20&t=AIdXU_8d9MlGKET0S4BLDw

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
P3/4 unplayable on the ps4 and ps5 is legitimately hilarious

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is good.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Starfield has full modding support according to Bethesda and that's good enough for me.

It's like people don't understand why Skyrim sticks around, or Oblivion or Morrowind before, it's the modding, always. Their games kinda suck and are janky, yet might be among the longest-tailed games ever released.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Starfield is not reinventing the wheel in any way, but it's a wheel I like so I will enjoy being crushed by it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

Silksong is announced as a Gamepass Day 1 title. Still no release date, but new gameplay footage shown.
https://twitter.com/Ccmaci/status/1536038879052017666
Well, it's at least sometime in the next 365.2425 days.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

I don't see any mention of Steam

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Starfield looks rear end and will sell 69.420 million copies because it's Bethesda

....and then 10 years later will turn into a pretty good game, as long as you install the modpack with 460+ mods that improve or overhaul/every single aspect of it. :v:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rinkles posted:

I don't see any mention of Steam

4 is already on steam

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Give us Persona 1 and 2 IS/EP you cowards!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
P3 Portable is an interesting choice but it's probably the best version of the game if you don't mind lack of 3d overworld and cutscenes

Anno
May 10, 2017

Absolute worst case it's some timed thing. But I don't think Microsoft has ever done that for a PC game, and I can't see Atlus porting it to PC for it to just be on the Windows store.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Jagged Jim posted:

Give us Persona 1 and 2 IS/EP you cowards!
I kind of assume the hold-up there is that they didn't localize the PSP version of EP the first time around, and they may not want to do a straight port wrapped in an emulator for the PS1 version that IS in English.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

P3 Portable is an interesting choice but it's probably the best version of the game if you don't mind lack of 3d overworld and cutscenes

the port looked rather low effort

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Idk if it's possible to gently caress up a port of p3p, it's like 80% still images with menus

juicefest
Jun 12, 2022

Pleads posted:

Holy cow the Anger Foot demo rules. If you like russian hardstyle and the idea of a first person Hotline Miami sounds good, absolutely give it a try.

I tried it and they put godawful mouse smoothing in it and there's no way to turn it off. I really hope there's an option to fix that in the final game.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They were never going to give us the versions of the game that had AI controlled party members.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Hellioning posted:

They were never going to give us the versions of the game that had AI controlled party members.

I mean, this was their opportunity to combine all the best elements from each version. But Atlus doesn't seem to give much of a poo poo about pc.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Starfield looks almost exactly how I expected it to look except bigger so I'm up for that. I've thoroughly enjoyed every mainline Bethesda game from Morrowind onwards (not counting FO76) because despite some negatives they've always sucked me in and I've consistently had great times with them.

I know these forums are way more negative towards Bethesda than the general consensus but hell I'm gonna pick it up and will most likely enjoy the crap out of it.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
It will be the worst game I hate that I put hundreds of hours into since Skyrim. The whole thing about the entire planets being explorable and having a hundred systems was easily the single biggest gently caress that sounds awful bit though.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

Elder Scrolls Online: High Tide (June 21) is the latest expansion and it just looks like a generic fantasy area, IDK. I'm sure it's fine. ESO is fine, from what everyone has said. It's just funny that Bethesda always comes up short for content every E3 and has to bring up an ESO expansion that is either just coming out (like this one), or already came out.

The funny thing for me is that Beth's less glamorous Zenimax studio is low key dunking on Bethesda Game Studios by banging out two content updates and an expansion every year for half a decade. The content is fine as you said but they probably have some drat good project managers.

I've jinxed it now and Zenimax is going to pull a milkshake duck, sorry everyone.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Ark is free currently

https://store.steampowered.com/app/346110/ARK_Survival_Evolved/

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Who shot that man's dick?!

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Nivalis looked really good in the PC game show.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1488490/Nivalis/

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That spaceship builder shown in the Starfield reveal actually looked pretty cool. Hopefully settlement building is better than Fallout's implementation.

Of course the thousand planets will be proc gen, but there's no reason they couldn't come up with half a dozen different procedures for generating different styles of planets. I'm sure a significant chunk will just be barren resource mining things, but they'll definitely touch them all up to be more interesting.

Looks like instead of being a mile wide and a foot deep, this will be two miles wide. Hopefully it's two feet deep but :shrug: didn't get a good enough look at the character skills and things like that. I watched on my phone and the accuracy of the gun seemed... too good? Fallout 4 had pretty decent gunplay compared to previous installments, can't imagine this will be worse.

Redfall... did nothing for me :( And I'm really tired of the <holds up spork> I'm so quirky and random attitude in character design. Like the pink spray painted shotgun with "BOOM" scribbled on it.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Begemot posted:

It's this.

I'd love it especially if the game was full of elaborate background space politics.

Though Starfield is a day 1 purchase for me either way. I've enjoyed every first person Bethesda game back to Arena and their Terminator games. They are always big messes but interesting and fun ones.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Here's a hot take.

Bethesda has literally never developed a good game. They couldn't do it if their lives depended on it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like morrowind but I can't really consider it good when it basically requires the developer console to be enjoyable

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jack Trades posted:

Here's a hot take.

Bethesda has literally never developed a good game. They couldn't do it if their lives depended on it.

I tried playing the very-well-received Enderal recently and ultimately gave up because of how poo poo Skyrim felt to play.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Sab669 posted:

That spaceship builder shown in the Starfield reveal actually looked pretty cool. Hopefully settlement building is better than Fallout's implementation.

I'm looking forward to the variety of dick and balls inspired ships at launch, and actual dick and balls ships modded in later.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Diephoon posted:

I'm looking forward to the variety of dick and balls inspired ships at launch, and actual dick and balls ships modded in later.

Slaanesh Planet mod pack.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Diephoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1JgMxRm--0

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Sab669 posted:

Redfall... did nothing for me :( And I'm really tired of the <holds up spork> I'm so quirky and random attitude in character design. Like the pink spray painted shotgun with "BOOM" scribbled on it.

*nods at u* ...we got this!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Strategic Tea posted:

*nods at u* ...we got this!

At some point one or more of the characters will describe the group as, "a family."

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Mordja posted:

At some point one or more of the characters will describe the group as, "a family."

Or la familia as they say in Mexico. I know how important it is to them because I play Forza.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PC Gaming Show

Pre-show trailers: Spellforce turn-based spinoff, Mythforce content update, The Constructors, Crossfire Legion
Repeated games: Chivalry II, F1 Manager 22, Flintlock, Outriders: Worldslayer, I Am Future, Super People, Immortality, Scorn, Core Keeper, Stormgate

Soulstice (September 22nd): Hack & Slash ARPG, definitely japan-inspired (the dev is Italian), feels like an AA game.
RotWood (Early Access 202X): a new hand-animated beat-em-up by Klei (Mark of the Ninja, Oxygen Not Included, Don't Starve).

The Invincible (2023) - A narrative sc-fi thriller based on the motifs of the Stanislaw Lem book. Extended gameplay shown, though largely scripted in nature.
Tactical Breach Wizards (TBA), by the dev of Gunpoint and Heat Signature, finally gets a new trailer, but unfortunately not a release date. TOOOOOOM :ssj:

Endless Dungeon 2 (TBA) - Takes the Endless series to isometric 3D. Looks chaotic. Has a beta sign-up.
Deceive Inc (Early 2023) - Looks like The Ship but sci-fi.

The Alters (TBA), finally a video game adptation of Moon with Sam Rockwell. Great movie. Dunno why they changed the name of it. A new narrative game by the developer of Frostpunk & This War of Mine.
Potion Craft(Fall) 1.0 launch, revamps the element system, and adds new potions, a new potion base, and new quests.

Nitro Kid (TBA), a deckbuilding game with a martial arts twist. Demo available.
Mahokenshi (2023), A deckbuilding hexagonal strategy game. Been a lot of card roguers lately, but at least these two had some interesting hooks.

Shiro Games announced some content updates for WarTales and Dune Spice Wars, then announced a new title, Abyssals.
Next, they announced Decarnation (2023), A pixel-art horror adventure game, seemed like it could be interesting but I'm a bit leery with horror games right now.

Great Houses of Calderia (Q3 2022), One of those stategy games about a dynasty/family line or whatever.
System Shock Remake (TBA) finally re-emerges from Nightdive with a new trailer, but still without a release date. Warren Spector appeared on stream to talk about the game. The game's been in development hell for a long time, and things were grim at one point, but maybe they've pulled up.

Falling Frontier (2022) a sci-fi RTS where "intel and logistics are decisive factors."
NIVALIS (TBA) is the followup to cyberpunk taxi game Cloudpunk, taking the series in a more business management and life sim direction, as you run nightclubs and restaurants.

Demon School (2023) is a Persona-inspired JRPG with isometric battles Trails in the Sky-style battles, with team-up abilities. Not related to the Iruma-kun anime. Actually looks pretty cool.
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2 (TBA) somehow slipped all the way to the PC Gaming Show, feeling a bit like one of those top 10 draft pick football players that breaks their ankle and falls to the 5th round. Tim Willits of DOOM has been brought aboard for this one. But what I don't understand is why they didn't, uh, show the game. They showed some animation from 2018? But nothing from Space Marine 2.

Agent64: Spies Never Die (2022) is a tribute to Goldeneye 64, and it's accurate, right down to the original game's unique aiming. Demo available.
Deliver Us Mars (September 27) is the follow-up to Deliver Us the Moon, a game that had a pretty bleak ending, so I'm curious to see how the story goes from where DUTM ended.

Laysara (Q1 2023), the city builder where you build civilization up on a giant mountain, has a release window now.
Frozen Flame (Fall) - Survival MMO. That'll be a pass from me.

Victoria 3 (2022) gives you the barest scrap of a release window. Sorry Paradox fans (well, fans of games that Paradox releases, probably not fans of Paradox the publisher...)
GLOOMWOOD, (August 16th) the long awaited New Blood tribute to the Thief series

New Blood also had a sizzle reel for Amid Evil DLC, Ultrakill Act 2, Faith: The Unholy Trinity, Fallen Aces, and Dusk HD (does it need a remaster or is this just a bit??)

Backfirewall (2022), a first person walky/puzzly game set inside an outdated phone.
Norland (Fall 2022), a medieval kingdom sim with a very not-for-me art style.

Them's Fighting Herds 3.0 (out this week) a balance update to the brony OC please don't steal (although, to be fair, the designs are by Lauren Faust) fighting game that adds level 3 supers.
Farthest Frontier (2022), a town builder set at the edge of the known world.

Synergy (TBA), survival city-builder.
Icarus DLC (recenly released)

Lastly, Levitation (2022), a Half-Life: Alyx fan mod, somehow reached E3, -or- PC Gaming Show was desperate for things to show.

My thoughts: Well, give it up to PC Gamer, they found a way to have new reveals of interesting games despite being just about last in the schedule. It was a little sleepy in its presentation with "comedy" banter between the hosts, but I can't complain about what was shown. A good mix of indie and AA titles. They did have quite a few repeats, which is natural for being near the end of the reveal season. Also, it was a 2 hour show so reveals AND repeats were inevitable. Not the worst show of the big ones. That still goes to Geoff's events, sorry Geoff.
PC (Personal Choices): Tactical Breach Wizards, Gloomwood, Nivalis, Deliver Us Mars, Demon School, Decarnation, Backfirewall

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

Man give it up for Shiro Games. Best I can tell they’re well less than 100 people, but have two (well received) games going along well in Early Access, still support their first game years after launch, and are now publishing…three games I think? I’d like to know more about those folks.