Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/ccmaci/status/1536038879052017666?s=21&t=Sd-MIplZ9l-nOKIcMhlIRA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Beginning the 365 longest days of my life countdown to Hollow Knight: Silksong

Exclusively for X-Box/PC/Game Pass

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://kotaku.com/hollow-knight-silksong-xbox-game-pass-team-cherry-gamep-1849051064

https://youtu.be/JSfuFlhsxZY

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I told you. I told you all! The promise has been made!!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh boy 30 new posts in the Silksong thread yeah yeah we all got our hopes again and then did the clown noses again, whatever. 🙄 *marks thread as read*

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Silksong out June 12, 2023

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
OH loving FINALLY!

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Did I really loving miss it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
no release date but I just really wanted to see more poo poo and I'm happy. They could literally post "development is continuing" monthly and I'd be fine instead of literally posting nothing lol

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

This looks dope as hell

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tenebrais posted:

This looks dope as hell

It looks real as hell

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

They released the trailer today because I decided to wear my hornet t shirt. You’re welcome.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Ya, the “consoles, pc and cloud” was just to say that you can play on all of those with game pass. Pretty sure we’ll see it released everywhere, unless Team Cherry made some really bad decisions in the last few months.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I’m going to be SO sad if this is XBox-exclusive.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Bapanada

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I DUNNO guys, Microsoft wouldn’t pay just for TRAILER exclusivity, why would Silksong skip the recent SONY events or the Keigh3 demo that was literally last week of it were coming to all platforms? What does Microsoft gain by holding Silksong’s trailer for themselves if they aren’t footing the bill?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

fuckin lol

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Nikumatic posted:

fuckin lol

Silksong is on the "Coming in the next 12 years" image.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I DUNNO guys, Microsoft wouldn’t pay just for TRAILER exclusivity, why would Silksong skip the recent SONY events or the Keigh3 demo that was literally last week of it were coming to all platforms? What does Microsoft gain by holding Silksong’s trailer for themselves if they aren’t footing the bill?

If this is a serious question, it’s to market Game Pass.

Faldoncow
Jun 29, 2007
Munchin' on some steak

John DiFool posted:

They released the trailer today because I decided to wear my hornet t shirt. You’re welcome.

Me too! I'm helping by wearing my red hornet t shirt. It's starting to get a bit faded, but still great.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Honestly? That trailer? That’s all I need to see of the game before it releases. It’s already game of the year, whatever year it comes out. It’s going to own so much.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I’m going to play Hollow Knight today in appreciation.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Cool, now I don't have to pay for it at release. Assuming it doesn't release first on Switch. TBH, that trailer was really hosed up. TC is quiet forever and then drop a trailer saying it's coming to MS systems. I bet a lot of Switch people are upset right now.

It's probably going to release on both platforms at once, though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It’s going to release on Switch…

When Microsoft brings Gamepass to Switch.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Yay wow the pic is real:
https://twitter.com/xbox/status/1536035818275487746?s=21

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Moments ago Team Cherry tweeted that they can't believe everyone is falling for this deepfaked nonsense

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Diablo 4, Starfield and Silksong, all within the next 12 months 👀

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

Diablo 4, Starfield and Silksong, all within the next 12 months 👀

Slim pickings ahead but hopefully Silksong will get us through the fallow season.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

June 11th 2023 at 11:59 PM PST

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
E) misunderstood

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
That... spider? wolverine? witch? thing at 1:02 is terrifying.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Referee posted:

I’m going to be SO sad if this is XBox-exclusive.

Surely if it was exclusive they would've made it abundantly clear, right?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
they already announced it for switch 3 years ago and it had a playable demo build then for switch. as a rule the trailers at microsoft/sony/nintendo events don't mention other consoles

would be very surprised if it's not launching on playstation too

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
still waiting on the HK vita port

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Sony and Nintendo will have their own unique trailers for Silksong and all of them will mention release windows from now to winter 2025. Team Cherry will not clarify which one is accurate.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

1stGear posted:

Sony and Nintendo will have their own unique trailers for Silksong and all of them will mention release windows from now to winter 2025. Team Cherry will not clarify which one is accurate.

Lots of player choice here

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah ok I guess if there’s an official Silksong Nintendo page then there’s nothing to worry about, Team Cherry just cashing checks to make this beach a day 1 Gamepass game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah ok I guess if there’s an official Silksong Nintendo page then there’s nothing to worry about, Team Cherry just cashing checks to make this beach a day 1 Gamepass game

that's been there forever

if Silksong was an exclusive they'd have hyped that up, they do that with their indies that they fund

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It's funny and sad to see everyone see a trailer and assume that it won't come out on other systems AGAIN. Come on, people. It's coming out on most places you want to play it.

Having said that, this masks-off reveal about how some of you feel about Xbox... look, I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm not personally opposed to an Xbox, I just want Silksong to come out on a system I already own.