Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

it was just one of the starter decks. i decided to say gently caress it and removed some urs and sr's from a fluffal deck that I can't make yet for lack of UR/SR craft things. I hope that works out better. TBH I have no idea what I want to play even after doing the solo mode stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

PenguinKnight posted:

it was just one of the starter decks. i decided to say gently caress it and removed some urs and sr's from a fluffal deck that I can't make yet for lack of UR/SR craft things. I hope that works out better. TBH I have no idea what I want to play even after doing the solo mode stuff

Looking at youtube might help with budget builds, i know hardleg joe does some but most of the other yugitubers annoy the ever loving poo poo out of me

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

oh dope, I'll have to look at hardleg, thank you for the rec!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

PenguinKnight posted:

If you want a budget Fluffal list I think something like this could work. I've cut down the URs and SRs to the bone, the only staple ones are the ones you get for special deals in the shop or through single player (the shop ones are fantastic deals for 1k gems and easily doable FTP).

You can get away with crafting 1 UR and about 7 SRs to have a functional deck in this set up though obviously subbing in more SRs/URs will improve it. Should be decently functional though!

Decklist

Monsters- 22
Fluffal Cat x1
Fluffal Wings x1
Fluffal Octopus x1
Fluffal Owl x1
Fluffal Sheep x1
Edge Imp Sabre x1
Fluffal Bear x2
Ash Blossom x1
Edge Imp Scythe x3
Fluffal Dog x2
Edge Imp Chain x3
Fluffal Penguin x3
Fluffal Dolphin x1
Danger! Thunderbird! x2

Spells- 15
Raigeki x1
Polymerization x1
Monster Reborn x1
Frightfur Fusion x1
Foolish Burial Goods x2
Frightfur Patchwork x2
Frightfur reborn x1
Frightfur Repair x1
Toy Vendor x1
Forbidden Chalice x1

Traps- 2
Infinite Impermanence x1
Solemn Judgment x1

Extra- 15
Frightfur Sheep x2
Frightfur Sabre-tooth x1
Frightfur Kraken x1
Fightfur Cruel Whale x2
Evilswarm Nightmare x1
Number 70 Malevolent Sin x1
Number 46 Dragulon x1
Gravity Controller x1
Pentestag x1
Cross Sheep x1
Powercode Talker x1
Berserker of the Tenyi x1

The extra deck especially is mostly me just sort of shoving in tech or decent N/R options with the exception of the Frightfur stuff.

Zore fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 2, 2022

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Master Duel is strange because you can make a competitive deck basically immediately if you're prepared to make a cheap deck like Sky Strikers. The more competitive level of yugioh is a very different game though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rNUMYkYW0Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znRiLf1WXTw

This will help, too.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Three copies of the Utopia structure deck will get you to something that's pretty competent at making Leo Ray with a Pegasus Twin Saber and at least one other ZW every game. Or failing that just blow the enemy out with an unnecessarily large Utopia Double combo. That'll carry you through gold while you either build the deck you really want or get the cards to make it way more consistent and powerful.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Another angle might be to see what people were showing around in the N/R rarity festival. Some of those decks are janky as hell, but they were CHEAP.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I think people just play Gouki

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i did do gouki in that legacy of the duelist game, I’ll have to make it if I get sick of frightfur

thank you everyone!

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Now that I'm more established in terms of staples, I reworked my original first Master Duel deck Earth Machines and took it back into ladder. Surprisingly I got two wins on Swordsoul with it which has been pretty funny. Turns out people who netdeck the meta threats don't know where or how to stop the infinite train

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/MasterDuelSite/status/1534038789768749058?t=fQ7WWs5xqJvujcdoZp6yHg&s=19

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
On the one hand, I did want to try Exosisters, on the other hand, waiting even longer for Trouble Sunny.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Kinda makes sense to delay Adventure/Floo, Swordsoul was already a big meta shift and they're giving players time to adjust before Adventure shakes things up again

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
So, is there a particularly star Predaplant/Venom deck I can work on netdecking to start trying out in earnest? Predaplant was great in the fusion festival, and I kinda get the feeling that unlike every other deck I've tried to build so far, these guys were legit non-gimmicks at some stage.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Join our discord Cleretic and we can help you deck build

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OCG banned Halq! Time for them to start printing a ton of good tuner and not importing them because TCG must protect the precious blue boy

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Dabir posted:

OCG banned Halq! Time for them to start printing a ton of good tuner and not importing them because TCG must protect the precious blue boy

They also unbanned Spellbook of Judgement, holy poo poo.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Ash Blossom users remain winning

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Cleretic posted:

What the actual gently caress

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

judgment could be at 3 and spellbooks would still just summon jowgen and set fate + wisdom. if modern decks can't beat that they deserve to lose anyways

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cleretic posted:

This might be one of those "unban it for one format and see how things go" things they do sometimes.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Masterduel just announced highlander event. Only one of a card in your deck.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ardeem posted:

Masterduel just announced highlander event. Only one of a card in your deck.
I'm excited. I'm working on making Kaiju Scrap Dinos for regular play, so I think I'll probably add some Dinowrestler stuff to fill in the gaps for the highlander event, and embrace the Blind Second life.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Additional bans for highlander fest:
- Imperial Order
- Skill Drain
- Vanity's Emptiness
- Dinomight
- VFD
- Union Carrier
- Isolde
- Halq
- Gossip Shadow
- Fusion Destiny
- Verte
- one of the Numeron Gate XYZ monsters

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
+7ing on cards that aren't hand traps in your endphase doesn't mean anything. Normal summon Jowgen set a bunch of counter traps is a similar strategy in the modern metagame. Every meta deck has such an easy OTK line and can out value even a judgement if left to go off with minimal interaction.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah if you want a spell based deck that gets unbeatable value on its second turn Sky Striker is a much better version.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So what decks do people think are going to be good for Highlander

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm going to try D/D/D

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I modified a HERO deck I built for Fusion Fest for this. Not having Verte Anaconda or Fusion Destiny just means that I have less of a focus on DPE and I spent more of my test plays turboing out Malicious Bane.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I'm just going to do a modified version of my Luna Kaiju list. I already have like 90% of it and its fun as heck to play.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Pendulum Pile
Scrap Dino
Some sort of Wyrm deck feat tenyi and swordsoul
Orcust
Dragon Link
Tri-brigade zoodiac
Maybe Phantom Knights
Generic Goodstuffs + Traps.dek (AKA anti-meta stun)

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Hows everyone finding the Limit 1 festival? I am having great success with my Kragen deck. Having a greater variety of water monsters instead of '3 ofs' hasnt really affected it much considering everyone else is arguably powered down a bit too.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Julias posted:

Pendulum Pile
Scrap Dino
Some sort of Wyrm deck feat tenyi and swordsoul
Orcust
Dragon Link
Tri-brigade zoodiac
Maybe Phantom Knights
Generic Goodstuffs + Traps.dek (AKA anti-meta stun)

Spyral, which I know I'm a broken record on but it legitimately already just ran 1 of everything except the field spell and trap, so it maintains its core engine regardless.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I'm on Swordsoul Tenyi Assault Mode Invoked (Assault Sentinel is basically the same card as Mo Ye)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Touchdown Boy posted:

Hows everyone finding the Limit 1 festival? I am having great success with my Kragen deck. Having a greater variety of water monsters instead of '3 ofs' hasnt really affected it much considering everyone else is arguably powered down a bit too.

It's normally a brick-fest on both sides of the court, and once you realize that, it's hilarious. As well as a great lesson in deckbuilding; it turns out you pack those three-ofs for a reason.

I've just been running the Rokket sample deck, since all my gems are currently going to building Unchained (which mostly means I'm sitting on a motherlode of Fire Kings instead), which I've been finding pretty functional. Turns out a lot of decks kinda struggle staring down the barrel of a Borrelcode Dragon, and even more decks struggle when it's instead replaced by Topologic Bomber.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Cleretic posted:

It's normally a brick-fest on both sides of the court, and once you realize that, it's hilarious. As well as a great lesson in deckbuilding; it turns out you pack those three-ofs for a reason.

I've just been running the Rokket sample deck, since all my gems are currently going to building Unchained (which mostly means I'm sitting on a motherlode of Fire Kings instead), which I've been finding pretty functional. Turns out a lot of decks kinda struggle staring down the barrel of a Borrelcode Dragon, and even more decks struggle when it's instead replaced by Topologic Bomber.

Yeah ive done ok with not bricking very much. Quite a few water monsters can special summon itself or others under certain conditions and I also use monsters that do stuff when destroyed so its been fine for the most part. Also if you XYZ summon Bahamut Shark you get a free Toadally Awesome (well cost is one attached monster), which can screw their spell or traps. You can also Bahamut Shark again next turn and grab another XYZ monster and if everything goes right have 3 on the board for the cost of 2 effect monsters (or you can resummon Toadally Awesome again). There are loads of plays you can make depending and you get XYZ water monsters that summon on destruction so you can keep going a lot of the time.

Also, getting out Kragen means you can pop a monster per turn and if it dies you can bring out the baby Kragen which essentially does the same thing... and you can make Zeus super easy.

its been fun so far.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Touchdown Boy posted:

I've been running a modifed version of my Luna Kaiju list and the only real difference I've noticed is that I don't get those turns where you pop off and manage to summon 3 Bigfoots.

Biggest disappointment from the event is definitely that we get normal legacy packs instead of even a stab at a themed one though.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Zore posted:

I've been running a modifed version of my Luna Kaiju list and the only real difference I've noticed is that I don't get those turns where you pop off and manage to summon 3 Bigfoots.

Biggest disappointment from the event is definitely that we get normal legacy packs instead of even a stab at a themed one though.

Yeah they always give you lacklustre rewards past the gems. I suppose its due to bots, but it means I dont really care to play an awful lot past the rewards. I have another account so just move to that one instead.

Oooft, first bad hand in 21 games. All spell/traps. Might struggle to get a combo here, thats what I get for being cocky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
They should had went with releasing Adventure pack for Limit 1, everyone would rush to buy it to fill their gaps in staples. Instead, we got The Agent that can't use their 3 Shine Ball or whatever. They don't even get their D!Venus